Yesterday I traveled home and met delay after delay…
- My mother drives me to the airport at 10:00 am.
- We make it on time and I get through security and to my gate with 35 minutes to spare.
- The attendants inform us that the plane will be a half hour late.
- On the plane, the previous passenger in my seat left a cup filled with water in the back of the seat facing me- it falls over and spills into my bag and all over my laptop.
- I arrive at the next airport at 4:30, my next flight leaves at 4:50 and I’m sitting in the very last seat on the plane- 33F.
- As the plane lands, mysterious water from the ceiling sprays all over me. WTF?
- The stewardess asks everyone to sit and let those with tight connections leave first (sigh of relief).
- I have exactly 12 minutes to get to my next flight once I leave the plane.
- I make it. This flight has been delayed by another 1/2 hour.
- I arrive at the next airport from which I have to take the shuttle home
- The shuttle has been delayed 15 minutes
- Fortunately, my suitcase made it and is one of the first out onto the baggage carousel.
- I make it to town, get a taxi and finally get home at 9:15 pm – exhausted, but safe.
Are you a fan of AstroFix?
Become a Subscriber!