Chiron by House

Chiron in the 1st house

I don’t know it all when it comes to the way I present myself, and my demeanor. I feel acutely sensitive about my appearance and my immediate impact on others. I can become profoundly wise by developing self-awareness. I release myself from pain when I accept my appearance and persona as they are. I reconnect with people when I realize that others experience the same problems that I do.

Chiron in the 2nd house

I don’t know it all when it comes to my own value and my attitude towards money. I feel acutely sensitive about my self-worth and my possessions. I can become profoundly wise by developing self-esteem. I release myself from pain when I accept that I have survival needs too. I reconnect with people when I realize that others experience the same problems that I do.

Chiron in the 3rd house

I don’t know it all when it comes to the way that I communicate. I feel acutely sensitive about my communication skills. I can become profoundly wise by learning to listen and by being present in daily conversations. I release myself from pain when I accept that my voice matters. I reconnect with people when I realize that others experience the same problems that I do.

Chiron in the 4th house

I don’t know it all when it comes to my family and my heritage. I feel acutely sensitive about my roots. I can become profoundly wise by learning about my family history. I release myself from pain when I accept where I came from. I reconnect with people when I realize that others experience the same problems that I do.

Chiron in the 5th house

I don’t know it all when it comes to taking risks and being creative. I feel acutely sensitive about my self-expression. I can become profoundly wise by learning what gives me pleasure. I release myself from pain when I accept what makes me happy. I reconnect with people when I realize that others experience the same problems that I do.

Chiron in the 6th house

I don’t know it all when it comes to my diet and my need for work. I feel acutely sensitive about mind-body integration. I can become profoundly wise by working on self-analysis. I release myself from pain when I accept my health and my current job as they are. I reconnect with people when I realize that others experience the same problems that I do.

Chiron in the 7th house

I don’t know it all when it comes to my partner and my interactions with adversaries. I feel acutely sensitive in my one on one relationships. I can become profoundly wise by developing awareness of others. I release myself from pain when I accept my personal relationships as they are. I reconnect with people when I realize that others experience the same problems that I do.

Chiron in the 8th house

I don’t know it all when it comes to the deep interactions that I share with others. I feel acutely sensitive about my sexuality. I can become profoundly wise by developing emotionally complex relationships with others. I release myself from pain when I accept my sexuality and my debt to others (emotional and monetary). I reconnect with people when I realize that others experience the same problems that I do.

Chiron in the 9th house

I don’t know it all when it comes to the big picture. I feel acutely sensitive about culture and religion. I can become profoundly wise by broadening my horizons. I release myself from pain when I accept my opinion as it is. I reconnect with people when I realize that others experience the same problems that I do.

Chiron in the 10th house

Chiron in the 11th house

Chiron in the 12th house

I don’t know it all when it comes to my own bad habits. I feel acutely sensitive about needing time to myself. I can become profoundly wise by understanding how to release what limits me. I release myself from pain when I accept my limitations. I reconnect with people when I realize that others experience the same problems that I do.

Chiron Eventually Takes His Own Advice – He Gives Up

Eventually, after trying in vain to heal himself, Chiron takes his own advice- he gives up. After gaining knowledge and insight into healing therapies and discovering medicine, Chiron never cures himself.

Searching for a solution never delivers the solution.

He never finds the potion, lotion, energy therapy, flotation tank, raw food diet, flower essence, homeopathic remedy, or yoga pose that delivers the cure. Chiron helps many people and discovers many things, but he never heals his pain. Chiron decides that he would rather give up his immortality, become human, and die, than remain an immortal and live with the pain.

medicine chest

Chiron Stops Self-Medicating

Only then does he find the solution. Chiron willingly gives up his immortality and he dies – he lets go of the fixation on the wound.

Chiron accepts that some things are beyond his understanding and that some problems- problems that are not necessarily deserved – are beyond his ability to heal.

He hands the burden of living forever over to someone else (Prometheus). He stops self-medicating in an attempt to find a cure. He squarely faces his wound, gives himself over, and transcends it.

How do we medicate ourselves? Alcohol, drugs, sex, spirituality, alternative therapies, relationships, food, shopping, etc… all to make life more bearable.

All Alone: No One Knows My Pain

Chiron could not have been the only person ever to be injured by a Hydra, but he probably felt that way. There’s something about a Chirotic wound that makes people want to isolate. Perhaps they feel that no one could ever understand the particular problem that they have, but chances are good – with 6 billion+ people on the planet – they’re wrong.

How many people did Chiron ignore or alienate while he focused on his own suffering?

Because we are not immortal and we have only one life to live, there are several ways to look at the myth

• By admitting that we have a particular problem, we stop pretending that we are above it all, we come down to earth, and we join the rest of humanity.
  • Becoming human is to admit having problems that we cannot fix ourselves and with which we need help.
  • Death is a metaphor for transformation – the ultimate letting go.
  • When we stop focusing on the pain, and making it the reason for existence, we open ourselves up to transformation and transcendence.
  • Once we accept this tender spot in our makeup, and stop trying to fix it, we allow ourselves to transform.
  • “Giving up” is voluntarily letting go of the fixation on a problem that won’t go away.

Overlook

Tags: ,

38 Responses to “Chiron by House”

I love this post. Such a service to discuss Chiron in this way, whether to someone into astrology or not. A deep, thoughtful discussion about a part of everyone’s life. Thank you.

Thank you for the compliment Ellen, and thank you for reading my blog.

May I send you a question to be posted in regards to my natal chiron? Its something that I would like to have a deeper understanding on.

4. angeline/elise says:

Love this!! Chiron is something I really struggle to grasp in my own chart and others. I mean, you can read about it all you like I just have no intuition for it…this article helped immensely!

Chiron on 4th/5th house cusp…and baby I feel it in both!

I’m really glad that you got something out of this article. I feel like I have a good grasp on Chiron because it makes a tight aspect to my chart ruler, and it forms an aspect with nearly every planet in my chart.

5. spacewoman says:

Love the owls. Priceless. Yes, chiron is so hard to grasp. Maybe because right now it’s conj. Neptune in Aquarius. I went to Seattle one xmas with an old hi school chum. We parked tired and endangered right beside a second hand book store. I walked in and the only book in the astrology section was “chiron”. Later I noticed my friend whom I re-united with at the top of the Grouse Grind mountaintop had Chiron prominent. She later became the catalyst for my leap and I gave up the moralities of right and wrong in surrender to the only person I could seemingly trust in the world only to find myself in outer space looking around at a pure infinite calm non dual space. Now what? lol

Congratulations. I have a friend with Sun-Chiron in partile conjunction in Taurus in the 3rd house- she’s someone I found myself opening up to amazingly quickly- not a common thing for me. Her Sun-Chiron conjuncts my South Node within 1 degree.

I think Chiron is difficult to get a hold of in general, but I think you’re right about it being especially slippery now with the conjunction to Neptune.

P.S. I love your name- it made me smile.

6. Erika says:

This is another “hit the nail on the head” post for me!

I joined Ancestry.com and I learned a lot, ordered marriage records from different states, and I plan on ordering one of those DNA test to see what my heritage is. There is a serious mix of cultures in my family and since the majority is Afr. Am. and there are no records I always wondered what region I come from. This is something that is very important to me and I didn't know it came from Chiron is in Taurus in my 4th house. I always associate Chiron with bad stuff but this makes sense.

I think Chiron's influence can show bad things, but, from looking at charts, and my own experience of it, it's mostly about acute sensitivity and how you deal with that sensitivity. It differs from the sensitivity of the Moon and Neptune because it does actually feel painful. My guess is that most people, when talking about their Chiron areas, will wince- as if in real physical pain, even if they are not.

Depending on the house system I use I have Chiron Rx Aries 4’04 in either the 11th or 10th house. In equal house it’s almost right on the cusp which is 4’39
    I’m not sure which one fits me….perhaps both. :-)

Chiron in the 10th house: I don’t know it all when it comes to my place in life. I feel acutely sensitive about my reputation and my level of achievement. I can become profoundly wise by finding my true vocation. I release myself from pain when I accept my place in society as it is. I reconnect with people when I realize that others experience the same problems that I do.

Chiron in the 11th house: I don’t know it all when it comes to social reform. I feel acutely sensitive about my long term goals and dreams. I can become profoundly wise by developing relationships with like-minded people. I release myself from pain when I accept my own aspirations. I reconnect with people when I realize that others experience the same problems that I do.

Are power, authority and control a source of pain in your life, or are humanitarian efforts, group interactions and people who share you interests a source of pain?

Good question,:-) ..and just the right one too…..I hadn’t been able to figure this out at all for some reason….
        I think power, authority and control would be it , because I’ve spent much of my life feeling unempowered and unable to take control of many of the circumstances in my life.
        So…10th house then.
        Wow.
        Thank you for helping me figure that out.
        That was really bugging me. :-)

• meow says:

so feeling powerless can be traced to a 10th house Chiron?

That’s one sign that there are feelings of powerless. Usually though an important theme in a chart will repeat itself.

• meow says:

I have the same issue, because my Chiron is either in the 10th or 11th depending on house system..but I can identify with both, strangely.
        I have always feel awkward in society, especially large groups. But this can be explained through basic psychology, so dunno if it points towards my Chiron placement.
        I have been treated like a loser my whole life, by everybody around me, including my own family..so I feel like I have turned into a self-fulfilled prophecy.

This sounds more like Chiron in the 11th house – not fitting in with your peers. The powerlessness of the 10th house would be more like feeling that you haven’t accomplished anything and having issues with authority figures.

• meow says:

well, I also feel like I haven’t achieved anything. More like, I feel that no matter what I’ll do, I won’t achieve anything.

I’ve felt that way too. I just had to push through it. Positive thinking.

Is your Mercury in aspect to Saturn?

• meow says:

nnope, but my Mercury is very damaged. It’s in Pisces, conjunct North Node, square Moon-Mars-Jupiter in Gemini, sextile Uranus, aand..also makes a 2 degree orb trine to Chiron, actually. And also conjunct Vertex, at a 2 degree orb..if that helps.
                And it also rules my Asc(Virgo).
                I wish I had some strong Saturn aspects in my chart..I really could use those. I have none..just a meek sextile to my Venus, a meek trine to my Asc, and a tight conjunction to Neptune, loose conjunction to Uranus, sextile Pluto.

10. totoro says:

Hi Michelle, I love this post :)

Hope you don’t mind me asking questions…?
    I have trouble understanding Chiron in 12th house. Everywhere I search, most times the word “mysterious”, “hidden” or “especially difficult” come up. How do 12th house Chiron people learn to see their limitation?

Chirotic wounds push people to isolate themselves generally. How does this different with Chiron in 12th?

Mysterious or hidden…maybe. More and more I associate Chiron with a point of extreme sensitivity. The house placement of Chiron shows an area of life where feel like someone is sticking their finger into an open sore. With Chiron in the 12th house the extreme sensitivity relates to being alone, wanting to isolate or retreat, an inability to cope with everyday life, feeling sorry for yourself, sorrow and grief, deep fears… I think the isolation factor is more pronounced with Chiron in the 12th and that the need to isolate could compound the person’s problems- but it depends.

11. Leah-nine says:

I’ve tried talking to Chiron, giving him ice cream, tried healing his unremitting wound, tried reasoning with him that other people feel the same way (I’ve heard this from SO many people…) and now you’ve helped me see that he has to let it go. He’s got to get tired of obsessing over himself like a narcissistic child and, sorry to be harsh Chi, grow up.

Chiron is portrayed as a great Greek myth who helps heal serious wounds and is so epic and blah blah blah… Couldn’t it also be that Chiron (at least in my case, with Chiron in Cancer sextile Asc) is a kid who scraped his knee on the playground who refuses to let it go? Saturn is just about wrapping up his tour of my first house, and also opposes natal Chiron. A good time for me to take a realistic look at what’s kicking my bruises and how serious it really is. Hearing it put like this is so much more helpful and sensitive (maybe because it’s so objective and I’m not, haha) than hearing, “Well Leah you’re not the only one with problems! It’s not like other people aren’t in pain too!!!”

You once referred to Astrology as a language, and Michelle, you are a master translator. A thousand thank yous.

Thank you.

12. meow says:

I hate houses because you never know which system to use.

I’m leaning more and more toward whole signs for natal charts and Placidus for transits and progressions. Which one are you currently using?

• Humberto Flores says:

I use regiomontanus system on horary only. Placidus for the rest of analysis.

@twitter-83184555:disqus I use regiomontanus for horary too (though I don’t do much of it).

13. FERA says:

somehow i have seen that whatever is written about chiron is completely opposite to its actual effects on the person. i have chiron in my 5th house but i never had any trouble in my romance or taking risks in nmoney (as my chiron is in taurus) or with kids-infact i am the emergency number people, students dial for romance, money and studies- i am their doctor who never fails.
    just saw my sis’s chart- she has chiron in gemini in 9th house- she never failed in her education, infact is a very popular teacher.
    my boyfriend’s chiron is in 6th house in gemini and he is loved by all his juniors-they call him their saviour-ofcourse, he doesn’t have same to say of his boss and my sis never got the field she wanted to study but nothing of that sort in my case.

maybe it depends on what we feed the planet too

Do you have children of your own?

14. Kat says:

Chiron conjuncts my venus, south node, midheaven. Opposes my uranus, neptune, north node, lilith

15. Asahicall says:

i have chiron in 12th house and it tells exactly what i feel and think.thanks!

I’m glad you liked the interpretation :D

16. sweetpea says:

I have chiron in my 11th and I believe it has a lot to do with my being Afr/Am.  Chiron came about during the time AA civil rights issue.  We are really trying to find our place in the world and evolving.   We are not the violent people depicted in the media.  There is a breaking through happening with many AAs being just ourselves.  We are trying to break through within our subculture and the wider culture.

17. sweetpea says:

I also have Jupiter in my 11th which to me makes it harder.  Jupiter is supposed to be lucky in this area but chiron seems to block it.

18. Juls says:

wow- i enjoy your sight. i am a cap w/pluto on my sun ( direct today/yesterday). i share my birthday with my son, so he has it too.
    I am having an intense problem with my live in boyfriend (who has pluto in first).  he has chiron on chiron by transit in 7th. We both have Aquarius ruling our 7th. He is Taurus sun/moon. I need help. I also have Saturn transiting 3rd. I dont feel strong.
    Do you do personal chart readings at all? I know only enough to be worried and confused.

1. Tweets that mention Chiron by House -- Topsy.com -

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Carol Chaco, Carol Chaco. Carol Chaco said: Eventually, after trying in vain to heal himself, #Chiron takes his own advice- he gives up. http://bit.ly/8ZtKdc @starcana blog #astrology [...]