The 9th House: Outgrowing Limitations

9th house expanding horizonsAries on the 9th house cusp: I have the desire to understand myself. I expand by getting to know myself better and by doing things on my own in environments with which I am unfamiliar. Developing independence and a healthy sense of competition helps me outgrow limiting concepts of my life.

Taurus on the 9th house cusp: I have the desire to understand the nature of reality. I expand by applying my ideas in a realistic way. Developing realistic philosophies and understanding the value of money at a profound level helps me outgrow limiting concepts of my life.

Gemini on the 9th house cusp: I have the desire to understand literature, communication and networking. I expand by getting to know the way that I and other people think in foreign environments. Developing the ability to communicate with people who are unlike me helps me to outgrow limiting concepts of my life.

Cancer on the 9th house cusp: I have the desire to understand family dynamics and what it means to feel emotionally secure in a broad and limitless way. I expand by feeling emotionally connected to, and developing a family feeling with, foreign people and places. Developing a broad emotional support system helps me outgrow limiting concepts of my life.

Leo on the 9th house cusp: I have the desire to understand dramatic self-expression. I expand by exploring my creative urges and by becoming personally and passionately involved in foreign cultures, philosophies and religions. Expressing passion for big experiences helps me outgrow limiting concepts of my life.

Virgo on the 9th house cusp: I have the desire to understand the way things work at a minute level. I expand by organizing knowledge into systems. Learning the details of the experiences of others helps me outgrow limiting concepts of my life.

Libra on the 9th house cusp: I have the desire to understand fairness, diplomacy, and tact. I expand by acknowledging the point of view that is foreign to mine. Developing impartiality and understanding strategic planning helps me to outgrow limiting concepts of my life.

Scorpio on the 9th house cusp: I have the desire to expand my understanding of power, the occult, and sex. I expand by understanding my urge for power and by interacting with powerful foreign people and experiences. Learning about power dynamics helps me outgrow limiting concepts of my life.

Sagittarius on the 9th house cusp: I have the desire to understand the big picture. I expand by embracing the vastness of everything that is foreign to me. Discovering alternate experiences of living helps me outgrow limiting concepts of my life.

Capricorn on the 9th house cusp: I have the desire to understand responsibility. I expand by taking responsibility for what I see happening in the big picture and in the world at large. Developing a sense of duty helps me outgrow limiting concepts of my life.

Aquarius on the 9th house cusp: I have the desire to understand each person’s unique experience. I expand by interacting with people whom I barely know and whose experiences differ from mine. Discovering the common thread of humanity among vastly different people helps me to outgrow limiting concepts of my life.

Pisces on the 9th house cusp: I have the desire to understand the infinite. I expand by allowing myself to accept that knowledge is infinite and by resisting the urge to catalog experience. Developing non-judgment and compassion helps me to outgrow limiting concepts of my life.

Tags:

9 Responses to “The 9th House: Outgrowing Limitations”

I love my Libra 9th! I don’t love how hard it is to live in such an unjust world at times though and some expression of human behaviour truly leave me in tears, it struggles with that aspect of it all – but the desire to learn about everything with an objective mind, is awesome. I have and probably always will suffer from ‘what to do next’ dithering though, which is no doubt because my MC is in the 9th, when using placidus. Lovely post xo

I think that Libra 9th house people are very sensitive to unjust situations. They, probably more than anyone, really do aspire to the ideal of world peace- though, the inability to take sides prevents them from taking concrete action in making it a reality.

The ninth house is pretty wonderful. Thank you for talking about it.:-)

and the description is quite accurate.

3. d'Artagnon says:

Ninth house in Pisces could be my single most important aspect, i feel as though I’ve thought about it a lot before knowing what it even was. And this is my favorite description of it! Thank you for posting :)

I’m glad you enjoyed it :)

4. Lauren says:

I have 9th in Aries, and it sounds a lot like myself. I feel like most of my time is spent in my thoughts, self reflecting on how I can better myself to be more independent, and how I can just figure ‘me’ out. And even after doing these reflections for so long, I still feel like so much hasn’t been uncovered yet.

I don’t think it’s possible to completely figure out anything.

1. The 11th House: Amassing a Following and Becoming an Icon | AstroFix -

[...] The 9th House: Outgrowing Limitations Share Tags: 11th house blog comments powered by Disqus var disqus_url = 'http://astrofix.net/2010/01/15/the-11th-house-amassing-a-following-and-becoming-an-icon/ '; var disqus_container_id = 'disqus_thread'; var facebookXdReceiverPath = 'http://astrofix.net/wp-content/plugins/disqus-comment-system/xd_receiver.htm'; var DsqLocal = { 'trackbacks': [ ], 'trackback_url': 'http://astrofix.net/2010/01/15/the-11th-house-amassing-a-following-and-becoming-an-icon/trackback/' }; (function() { var dsq = document.createElement('script'); dsq.type = 'text/javascript'; dsq.async = true; dsq.src = "http://astrofix.disqus.com/disqus.js?v=2.0&slug=the_11th_house_amassing_a_following_and_becoming_an_icon_51&pname=wordpress&pver=2.33"; (document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0] || document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]).appendChild(dsq); })(); [...]

2. Ruler of the 10th House in Houses | AstroFix -

[...] The 9th House: Outgrowing Limitations Share var a2a_config = a2a_config || {}; a2a_config.linkname="Ruler of the 10th House in Houses"; a2a_config.linkurl="http://astrofix.net/2010/05/18/ruler-of-the-10th-house-in-houses/"; a2a_config.show_title=1; a2a_color_main="e1e1e1";a2a_color_border="8a6400";a2a_color_link_text="292626";a2a_color_link_text_hover="292626"; Tags: 10th house, rulers blog comments powered by Disqus var disqus_url = 'http://astrofix.net/2010/05/18/ruler-of-the-10th-house-in-houses/ '; var disqus_container_id = 'disqus_thread'; var facebookXdReceiverPath = 'http://astrofix.net/wp-content/plugins/disqus-comment-system/xd_receiver.htm'; var DsqLocal = { 'trackbacks': [ ], 'trackback_url': 'http://astrofix.net/2010/05/18/ruler-of-the-10th-house-in-houses/trackback/' }; (function() { var dsq = document.createElement('script'); dsq.type = 'text/javascript'; dsq.async = true; dsq.src = "http://astrofix.disqus.com/disqus.js?v=2.0&slug=ruler_of_the_10th_house_in_houses&pname=wordpress&pver=2.33"; (document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0] || document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]).appendChild(dsq); })(); [...]