In tarot you have a birth card. Your birth card is determined by adding up the numbers of the month, day and year of your birth.
Each year you also have an annual tarot card.
The annual card in the tarot is similar to a Solar Return in astrology – it shows the influences for the coming year and stays in effect from one birthday to the next.
My 2009 Solar Return
- I had the Sun in the 9th house and the Moon in the 3rd house
- The 9th house and the 3rd house are both associated with learning
- In 2009 I considered going back to school to start an entirely new course of study- becoming a dietitian. For asteroid fans, I have Ceres (goddess of food and agriculture) and Hygeia (goddess of diet and hygiene) in my 10th house natally. After struggling with whether or not to go back to school to be a dietitian, I found myself instead embarking on a serious study of the tarot!
- The 3rd house Moon translated to starting a blog.
- Mercury conjunct my MC has worked to help me become known as a writer- kinda
- Saturn in the 2nd definitely limited my personal finances
- Neptune-Chiron-Jupiter had a healing effect on my personal relationship
Annual tarot card for 2009 The Hierophant – the one card most associated with learning and teaching, and it exactly corresponded to my 9th house Sun and 3rd house Moon. While I have been studying and learning with intensity this year, I have also been teaching what I know to other people.
2010 Solar Return
- Moon in the 4th house and the Sun in the 6th house
- My Ascendant is Libra and Venus is well placed in Taurus in the 7th house
- The focus is on one-to-one relationships, working on a day to day basis, and home/family
Annual tarot card for 2010 The Lovers. This year is going to be about relationships. I’ll be cementing the good relationships, saying goodbye to the weak relationships and building a better relationship with my partner and with myself. Some of my tarot group think this is the year I will get married. Hm.
- With Saturn in the 12th I think I’m going be working hard, alone
- Mars in Leo loosely conjunct the Midheaven: putting creative energy into my career
- Pluto and the North Node in the 3rd: it’s in my best interest to continue learning and to continue writing, and to take both seriously.
- Mercury and Venus in Taurus in the 7th: the language of love
- Jupiter and Uranus in the 5th: exciting good fortune in romance and pleasure
- There are 6 quintiles and 1 biquintile in this chart: this should be a good year to tap into creative potential
Are you a fan of AstroFix?
Become a Subscriber!