North Node and South Node Rulers

I just finished listening to ten of Tom Jacobs’s current podcasts about karma and evolutionary astrology. In them he explains that:

• The South Node is the environment that we are coming from.
  • The South Node ruler is the role we played in that environment.
  • The North Node is the environment that we are moving into.
  • The North Node ruler shows the role that we will play in this new environment.

colorful glitter henna hands

I have a Taurus South Node in the 9th house. In the recent past (past life, if you want) I’ve come from an environment that was academic, or concerned with abstract ideas, and oriented to art or beauty. In the past 15 years I’ve been trying desperately to find some way to make money with my art. Eventually, I used my college degree in art to land a job working at an art school. I was headed totally in the wrong direction- and I felt it. I’ve recently completely abandoned art as a path- I wrote about it in The South Node: Doing the Predictable.

Venus is the ruler of my Taurus South Node. Venus is at the Aries Point and conjuncts Eros at 29 Pisces, in the 7th house. A planet conjunct the Aries Point can show qualities that we become well-known or famous for. In the 7th house, it could be that people were able to relate to my Venusian traits: I was someone’s mistress; I was a wife in the public eye; I was famous for being wealthy, or for marrying someone wealthy; people wanted to know me for my money; I was an artist or wanted to be an artist; I was known for my beauty or charm; I was known for the relationship(s) I was in.

The Taurus-Venus placements echo my 2nd house Pluto in Libra. Some possible meanings: I struggled to make money with art, which was something I loved, but I couldn’t make ends meet doing it; I became dependent on my husband or lover to support me; I was confronted with the reality of making a living as an artist; I wanted an artistic lifestyle but I became a cliché starving artist; I was unwilling to break my comfort to pursue my passion; I was selfish in my marriage; I was overly concerned with my own self-preservation and comfort.

Kitty eats pianoScorpio North Node in the 3rd house. My new environment is the everyday. It’s the quick connection, the chat, the tweet, the status update and the blog comment. My new environment involves writing, teaching, learning and listening. It involves getting to know people and letting go of assumptions about them. My new environment should be filled with passion. It should involve deep sharing. It should be a little dangerous and it should make everyone in the immediate area uncomfortable. It should provide a healing experience through writing, speaking and listening.

Uranus is loosely conjunct my North Node. In the podcasts Tom refers to planets close to the North Node as representing energy that we haven’t experienced yet. So, Uranian energy is an energy that I haven’t explored as much as I should. I haven’t rebelled as much as I should. I haven’t sought the truth as much as I should. I haven’t explored the strange and unusual as much as I should. Uranus is also associated with astrology. One way of explaining the North Node in Scorpio in the 3rd house, conjunct Uranus is: get passionate about astrology information- that’s why I started this blog.

butterflies from pagesPluto is the ruler of my Scorpio North Node. Pluto is in Libra in the 2nd house. Pluto is the ruler of my 3rd house and it’s in the 2nd house. With the ruler of the 3rd house in the 2nd house I should be using my writing ability, and ability to share information, to earn a living. Although I studied art in school, I never felt that I would be able to make money from doing it. I’ve always had the horrible feeling that only certain special people could make money from doing something they loved.

The word “values” is associated with the 2nd house. When it comes to making money from my own skill set, I have to find value in the skills that I have to offer. If I think I have nothing of value to offer, then how can I sell my skills? Undervaluing my skills is a 2nd house issue. With Pluto in the 2nd, I feel like I’ve undervalued my inherent skills all of my life (so far).

Writing this blog builds my self-esteem and makes me realize that my skills are valuable. I’m beginning to see how I might be able to support myself and earn my own money by writing. I’m learning how I can make a living at something I’m passionate about. In my case, following my North Node should actually lead to being able to support myself with my own skill set.

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

89 Responses to “North Node and South Node Rulers”

1. Jara says:

Thank you for this post. I find “journey” stories fascinating. Good luck on monetizing your (newfound) passion.

Thanks Jara. I hate that word “monetizing,” but it is what it is! Btw, I loved your post about your family’s astrological connections but I haven’t had time to respond.

adding…it’s really not a new found passion. I’ve been into astrology for a long time. The problem was that I never knew anyone else who was into it as much as I am. The internet makes it so much easier to connect with people who share my interests.

2. Tanya says:

HI! I find this very helpful! I am a Taurus with venus in Taurus, North Node conjunct Uranus in Scorpio in 1st house. Pluto in Libra conjunct my Moon in 12th house, with Libra rising.
    I am trying to learn how to follow my North Node and am trying to figure out how Uranus is guiding it. Your blog helps, but do you have any advice?

With so much Venus energy you might be afraid to really get your hands dirty. You might put the brakes on complicated relationships, and you might resist deeply sharing yourself with other people. It could be that you’re afraid, especially, of deep emotional involvements with women (Pluto conjunct Moon in Libra) because of problems in the past.

• Tanya says:

I don’t have a problem sharing myself deeply with others. I actually am told I have not strong enough boundaries because I truly enjoy connecting with others emotionally from all walks of life. Maybe because my Mars is in Cancer? But I don’t connect as well with women. Almost like I”m not as comfortable around them unless they are very independent & tomboy like me. Then I click very well.

3. neith says:

Very thoughtful analysis of your Nodes. It's a whole lot harder to move from South to North than it appears at first glance. My NNode is in Gemini in the 7th & it took lots of transits to boot me out of my SN in Sagittarius in my 1st. Uranus & Pluto conjoining my SN were particularly effective. :)

Getting online & networking with others has been very good to me – a good use of the Gemini need for new ideas and love for chit chat. Similar to your NN in the third.

Always enjoy your choice of images as well as your writing. Heh – I have a degree in Art too.

diane~

I had a dream last night in which a voice told me that getting to know people brings complications but it’s worth it. Taurus wants to keep things simple at all costs and the 9th house (and Sag) doesn’t enjoy chit chat…just like you said, all the little connections I make over the internet really help me to move out of that South Node energy.

Adding…I think you’re using your North Node quite well by focusing on synastry astrology :D

4. Jara says:

5. Empowering Astrology says:

If you like Tom Jacob’s podcast, I recommend checking out Dena DeCastro’s “Evolutions of Astrology” podcast. Both come from the Steven Forrest school of astro thought regarding the nodes.

My south node is in the 3rd house, so I am empathize in a sort of reversed way having to do soul work along that 3rd house/9th house axis :)

Thank you for the recommendation…I had fun listening to all the podcasts at the gym! lol…not exactly workout music, but I liked it :D

• Empowering Astrology says:

I’m the queen of podcast listening, so I have more recommendations when you exhaust your latest vein. Astrology podcasts are infinitely easier then trying to read a book while standing up on a moving, crowded subway train.

Thanks…I’m probably going to take you up on that. :)

adding…I just saw all the links on Tom’s site and I subscribed to Dena’s podcast (and downloaded all 46!)

6. Tanya says:

7. neith says:

diane~

8. Mara Segal says:

What a wonderful article on the nodes! And it truly makes me value “you” for having passed on such insightful information. Thank you. I'll keep you bookmarked. :)

9. Diep says:

That was really interesting!
    But what if I have Scorpio South Node, Pluto in Scorpio in the 4th, which means the ruler of the 8th in the 4th house? I do not understand how I use Pluto to transform the fourth house..

When talking about house rulers it doesn't actually which planet is the ruler. If you have a Scorpio SN with Pluto in the 4th then your role in the past was to be involved with your family, explore your roots, and to be domestic and private. The ruler of the 8th in the 4th does show how you transform by understanding where you come from and who you are in private.

Thank you for stopping by Diep.

11. Diep says:

That was really interesting!

Thank you for stopping by Diep.

13. joswanprince says:

WIth Mars in 9th Capricorn as ruler of my 12th N.Node, I'm positive that I'm gonna be the new “half radical half conservative” religious movement for my peers :) hehe

Wow, so the ruler of your North Node is Mars in Capricorn in the 10th? Where is your Venus again? 5th house right? Virgo?

15. joswanprince says:

My Mars in the 9th ^^ My venus in 6th house Libra ^^

So you have North Node in Aries in the 12th with Mars in Capricorn in the 9th, and South Node in Libra in the 6th with Venus in Libra in the 6th.

I still think there's something about being overly dependent or passive in your everyday life. Maybe you are too focused on keeping the peace in your daily environment. You might be afraid to make waves by striking off and listening to your own inner meditative voice.

17. joswanprince says:

That's right..people think me as very tame looking guy, they even want to take advantage of me, but they should've known better..cuz my n.node in Aries 12th, pretty violent when its erode..I have over abundance venus as my natal chart ruler while my mars “repressed” so much..lol or he work in totally different team than my venus. This make an imbalance chemistry in me. I should learn better to appear..assertive, not “passive-aggresive” lol^^
    Btw mich, this is beautiful..the bull is Taurus and the dragon-eagle creature is Scorpio..the river is symbolize the river of life and death. I just REALIZEd noW!! ^^ har har

That's an interesting way to put it. I wonder if other people with this nodal opposition feel that way.

Cool video. I love Bjork :D

19. Panos_gemini says:

Hello! I am very happy to see that there are so many other people who are interested in Lunar Nodes and their rulers. Karmic Astrology is really fascinating!
    In my own natal chart, my Leo North Node is in 11th house and its ruler (Sun) is in Gemini in 9th house. My Aquarius South Node is in 5th house and its ruler (Uranus) is in Scorpio in 3rd house. I had read somewhere that when there is such contradiction between sign and house, i.e. South Node in Aquarius in 5th (house of Leo) and North Node in Leo in 11th (house of Aquarius), the Lunar Nodes are considered to be ‘locked in’. That means that both houses (5th and 11th) are of the same importance and a complete equilibrium needs to be achieved. It’s as if South Node is a part of North Node and vice versa. My Uranus (as South Node ruler) in 3rd house gives me an original thinking way (which I probably used in past incarnations and for which I might have been famous),effective but weird communicational mechanisms, intelligence and a superficial mind. In this lifetime, since Sun (which is the North Node ruler) is in Gemini in 9th house, I feel that i have to keep/use my talent (if any) in communication and my writing ability (Gemini) in order to discover deeper truths/meanings, philosophies and knowledge (9th house) and spread it to others. What’s your opinion about my case?Thank you very much in advance. PS: In addition, I would like to say that my Lunar Nodes receive only good aspects (trines towards SN and sextiles towards NN) and specificly by the followning planets: Jupiter, Sun, Saturn. Also, there are trines between Jupiter-Sun & Saturn-Sun and sextiles between Jupiter-Uranus & Saturn-Uranus.

That sounds like a good delineation! It’s interesting, the idea of “complete equilibrium” when one Node is placed in the natural house of the other. One of the major differences I noticed between Aquarius and Leo is that Leo is very personally involved in whatever it’s doing. People who are in tune with their Leo side can actually have difficulty being able to take a step back and view things objectively. With your North Node in Leo you are entering a life experience of being personally involved in causes, groups, and the larger human family. Rather than having a detached experience based on your own creative self-expression, you are having a personal experience based on your interactions with a broader audience. The 11th always seems to me to be the audience for the 5th house. The 5th house is where you work on your personal creativity, then you have to bring the creativity out into the world and appeal to the masses- that’s the 11th house.

Thank you for reading Panos_gemini :D

21. Idan says:

My south node also in taurus but in the 12th house, and north node in 5th house in scorpio.
    I really connect to the spirtual but also to the art.
    venus in my 8th house and pluto in my sixth house.
    What do you say?

• Idan says:

*My south node is in the 11th house(sorry for the mistake)

I’d say that you’re moving away from needing mass approval for your creative pursuits. You’re entering an environment of being uncompromising in your own personal creative self-expression. You would do well to avoid become overly emotionally entangled with other people (Venus 8th house) and to focus on coming down to earth and getting to work (Pluto in the 6th). Put yourself in service to something other than emotional drama.

• Idan says:

I actually have a plan to be an actor and also donate and volunteer for people who need help.

Just be careful about doing too much hiding and being too self-sacrificing- those are both natural tendencies of your 12th house South Node. Try to keep your involvements with acting and volunteering grounded in reality.

• Idan says:

I will, thanks :)

22. Zodiacal_macaw_1210 says:

Very interesting. My North Node is in 9° Capricorn in the 1st House (Saturn in 3° Aquarius in the 1st / 2nd House cusp) and South Node in 9° Cancer in the 7th House (Moon in 7° Aquarius in the 2nd House).

My Moon conjuncts Saturn, they’re both in Aquarius and they’re in a 3° orbit. The North Node is about the lesson you need to learn in this lifetime while the South Node is about what you’ve learned in your past life. A Capricorn North Node / Cancer South Node means that you have to learn to be more practical and to be less emotional. Capricorn rules Saturn while Cancer rules the Moon. And yet, my Saturn and Moon conjunct.

I’m lost…..can anyone explain this to me? Did I miss anything?

It’s a very interesting combination of planets, but I’d really need to see your whole chart. To delineate this combination would be more like an astrology reading than a blog comment. Briefly, the integration of your Nodes lies in understanding that Moon/Saturn conjunction and bridging the divide between your emotions and sense of duty.

• Zodiacal_macaw_1210 says:

So, all in all, I need to learn to detach my emotions and my intuition from my responsibilities, sense of purpose and my sense of judgement? Ironically, that’s what I’ve told myself I need to learn how to do: detach my feelings. It’s soo difficult >_<

I think it’s more complicated than that because your Moon and Saturn are in Aquarius. There’s something about overcoming feelings of loneliness and alienation.

23. Joyrjw says:

Thank you Michelle….very cool:-)

I have North Node in Scorpio 2’23 Scorpio intercepted in 5th house and Libra on the cusp.
    My North Node is conjunct my oriental planet Uranus.

Singleton Pluto in Libra 4th house.
    Mars in Scorpio in 5th house.

24. Micheline says:

Hi, I love your site. I think it is really thought provoking. I took some time out and just read all the stuff on rulers of house. I know some stuff about astrology. I have my south node in sag. Sag is ruled by jupiter. My jupiter is conjunct my mc in taurus. Taurus is ruled by venus and my venus opposes my jupiter because it is conjunct my ic and my venus also conjuncts my neptune in the fourth house. My north node is in the 11th house respectively. It is ruled by mercury. But my mercury is in the 5th house. So, I am a bit stumped on interpreting this all by myself. I have mercury in cap though. My saturn is in aquarius funnily enough but in the 7th house though and in the last degree of aquarius. It makes a semi sextile to my moon. Which is also in my 5th house. Phew!!! Now that aries point well that is in my 8th house and my 8th house is ruled by pisces. hmmm confusing!!!

That is extraordinarily confusing! It’s a bit much to visualize. With the South Node ruler conjunct the MC, your role in your last life (if you believe in past lives) was to be in a position of power.

My South Node’s ruler is retrograde in the 9th, conjunct my MC. And with my 8th house South Node so close to BM Lilith, I’ve read where it can create a sort of vacuum, with the person not finding relief at either end of the Nodal axis; apparently any point (including a Node) conjunct BM Lilith can lead to a denial of that energy. I believe the word “paradox” was used to describe the situation. If I’ve understood correctly, once the Lilith “canal” re-opens later in life, it becomes important to integrate both the North and South Nodes.

I guess in a past life, I seriously misused my powers of seduction (or occult powers) to gain political or religious power. Or maybe I experienced that kind of abuse – that sounds more like it! I admit to finding my Nodes a bit confusing.

My Libra North Node’s ruler is Venus, which is conjunct both my North Node and Sun in my Venus ruled 2nd house. In the past, astrologers who’ve looked at my chart have suggested I do something physical, like teaching Yoga or Dance. Venus/Sun conjunct North Node seems all about sharing myself and relating with love. Maybe hands-on healing is my way of incorporating both the South and North Nodes.

Btw Michelle, I think you’re doing a great job of working your own North Node in Scorpio. I always appreciate the way you teach us, yet remain open to learning. I love how you interact with your readers.

The use of the word “denial” in relation to Black Moon Lilith is interesting. I literally just got Lilith Insight by Mae R Wilson-Ludlam and Interpreting Lilith by Delphine Gloria Jay last night, and I got The Dark Moon Lilith in Astrology by Ivy M Goldstein-Jacobson a few days ago…aaanyway, all three use the word denial in relation to the Dark Moon (Waldemath). None of them mention the Black Moon (as far as I can tell yet).

Your South Node is similar to my Sun position. I have the Sun conjunct BML in Aries in the 8th.

With your NN in Libra in the 2nd I think that creating an income stream for yourself that follows your values of peace, cooperation and harmony is a good direction too.

That’s kinda coincidental that you just got the book, eh? I’d love to read your insights on BM Lilith (or other Liliths) someday. I’m sure you’d have an interesting perspective, especially since your own BML aspects your Sun. I think you and I have quite a few opposite yet similar aspects in our charts. Don’t you also have a Virgo Rising?

Off the top of my head, I think Dark Moon is conjunct my 6th house Chiron and trine my Libra Venus/North Node. All of the Liliths are prominent in my astrology.

Have you experienced denial in relation to 6th house issues?

I have the Dark Moon at 29 Leo in the 12th house. I’m still working out what I think it means.

Um, I’m not sure. I will say that as far as my old “job” goes, I felt as if I was denying the better part of myself, even when I knew I was acting with integrity and seemed to be making a difference. It just never felt like I was being true to who I was really meant to be. That all began to change after my Chiron Return, so yea, maybe. Before then, I just sucked it up because I thought that was what being a responsible adult was all about.

Thanks LB. I don’t have any particular insights right now…still reading up on DML, but thank you for the feedback.

Btw, you were in one of my dreams a few nights ago. You received an award that kind of looked like a piece of maple sugar candy…?

You must be “sensitive”, Michelle. I just received my Reiki Level 2 certification 2 days ago. When I got home, my husband had bought me 3 pieces of my favorite organic maple candy. Each piece of candy is like $2.00 or something, so it’s an extravagance. Each candy is individually wrapped in brownish paper that twists at each end. Sound familiar?

That’s pretty cool. I appreciate you sharing that with me. I’m curious if you had a visual of me.

Lol…that’s pretty cool.

Congratulations on your certificiation!

It’s very cool how you picked up on what was happening with me. Thanks for the congrats. Ilove Reiki – it’s an awesome feeling to be able to help someone feel better. With Chiron conjunct your Mercury (and in the 8th!), I’m sure you know what I mean.

I wasn’t sure if I should say anything about the dream. I was a little afraid you would be creeped out by it, but then I just thought that are probably open to this kind of stuff so it would be okay.

I haven’t ever had a Reiki healing. Are you going to start your own practice?

I’m so glad you told me about the dream. Once you start to come forward with your “impressions”, I bet you’ll find they become more reliable. Or maybe you already do that under normal circumstances. I’m a sensitive too, so I’m totally open to it and think it’s a great gift to have.

My intention is to start my own home-based practice this year, although I’ve just signed on for a three-month stint volunteering at a Reiki Clinic, so I may wait until after I finish. I’ve also spoken with someone about volunteering with the institutionalized elderly; that’s something very close to my heart.

Reiki is amazing, particularly if you can find a practitioner you trust — you know someone who immediately makes you feel comfortable. I’d recommend you check it out if you can.

After reading your latest post, I discovered your Mercury is exactly conjunct my 8th house BM Lilith/Sedna conjunction. And your Uranus is conjunct my 2nd/3rd house Neptune/Mercury/Jupiter conjunction. Interesting synastry I think.

Very interesting. My Chiron is 27 Aries so it fits right into that first connection as well.

26. Mattsavinar says:

Michelle,

My south node is at 0 degrees aries in the 9th. Maybe we knew each other!

awesome site, refer back to it constantly. you rock.

Ah, that’s funny… maybe! Or, maybe we have had similar past experiences.

I’m glad you’re still reading.

Ah, that’s funny… maybe! Or, maybe we have had similar past experiences.

I’m glad you’re still reading.

27. Gemini Sun, Virgo Jupiter says:

isn’t the rulership of your north node in scorpio more prominently played by your mars in cancer in the tenth house? thank you.

• Gemini Sun, Virgo Jupiter says:

or maybe shared fifty fifty with the pluto you described. mars has a more fighter aproach than the deep pluto, and in my opinion for a daily life person with that possition martian challenges seems more common than pluto’s ones,correct me if I’m wrong!

otherwise, I’d love to have a conversation with you and shooting you with dozens of questions about astrology, specially nodes and their rulers, but I still poorly manage with english and also it’s a contradiction you share information so freely when doing it is your job and what feeds you…

I saw a lot of charts with nonsense configs like the ruler of the north node and south node rulers conjunct one of the nodes; or my own case: an angle traditionally ruled by saturn square with a north node in capricorn; charts where some configurations suggests you a pessim life and a little aspect gives chance to think the opposite…

And what weights the most? :
      the aspects between the rulers and the nodes?
      the aspects of the ruler of one node to another (does this one have a fateful and unalterable answer?)?
      the aspects of the planetary nodes with the rest of the chart ?
      or the essential and accidental dignities?

the people that supposedly doesn’t work towards their north node, gets there anyway? (serial-murders and people finishing as with misserable lifes)

Thanks for your great patience. Although I don’t interact the lot I would like, you already know how much I value your work, and I follow you daily.
      Maybe one day I ask you for one chart :-D.

The weight of everything in a chart depends on the rest of the chart. If your North Node ruler is also the dispositor of your Sun, or it is also your chart ruler, then it takes on added importance.

The essential and accidental dignities…my mind is still not made up about the importance of these in and of themselves, except in horary. What I mean is that, in a natal chart, I’m not convinced that having Mars in Cancer is “bad.” My favorite example of this is Michael Phelps. He has won more Olympic gold medals than any other athlete, ever. His Sun and Mars are conjunct in Cancer, and Mars is combust.

I am beginning to explore how the condition of a house’s ruler affects the way that the affairs of a house work out.  For example, does someone with Aries on the 6th house cusp and Mars in Cancer have greater problems with work, diet and health than someone whose Mars is in Scorpio?

In a lecture I went to by Demetra George she emphasized the importance of looking at the condition of the ruler (traditional ruler) of a sign on a cusp to see how the affairs of that house will play out. In that way dignities and debilities seem important (and, again, in horary).

• Gemini Sun, Virgo Jupiter says:

Perhaps you’re not a warrior in the classic sense of the word, but since your sun and north node ruler are the same, you are so undoubtely.

Just imagine an expedition to the earth’s core. The hard machinery, cuting and digging the terrain inwards, such thing would inspire aries-capricorn typical enterprise: but with cancer behavior, purpose, feeling and everything; aries-capricorn-scorpio mars wouldn’t help here; they expands, builds and lives for outwards. And something makes me think that cancer-mars people like you is more tolerant than average to claustrophobic situations.

I agree with you in none planet in no sign is bad either, but some signs makes planets more efficient is what they are supposed to do.

When you shared the example of that swimmer and i saw his chart in astrotheme I got stunned. but only for a while; that conjunction that blends personal essence and willpower/motivation falls in a sign that seeks (as pisces and scorpio) a kind of fussion with the everything, in the case of cancer in a self-protective nurturing way.

I don’t know anything about the boy and have not enough data to true analysis, but my only explanation is he was not the typical athlete; he just feel at one with the water exactly like a fish, and feel nurtured with it in such a natural and habitual way it bring him becoming winner.

What makes me think that your more active north node ruler is cancer mars in the tenth/eleventh house (I think all the 3 planets you have this way affects the two houses involved) is that your actively digging, and you’re becoming more and more popular for it. It is also an accidental exhaltation (you have some others else).

Very thoughtful analysis GS, VJ – thank you.

For better or worse.

Very thoughtful analysis GS, VJ – thank you.

For better or worse.

I tend to look at both the modern and traditional rulers but for this post I used Pluto, the modern ruler.

My Mars is only 2 degrees from the 11th house cusp, so the interpretation becomes somewhat more complicated. I feel that 11th house and 2nd house issues expose me to experiences that help me grow.

28. Shirley says:

I have S. Node Sagitarius in the 2nd house and once had an atrologer tell me past life very good with money and this lifetime other people are suppose to give me money.  How can I improve my financial situation with this Node position.

Let people help you and listen to their advice more rather than thinking you know how to do it all yourself.

• Shirley says:

Thanks Michelle.  I do at times think well they don’t have to help me, I can do it even if it is a struggle.  The older I get though the more I accept help and find it easy to ask for it.  Although I have an 11th house Leo Sun and Venus14 in the 12th in Libra, Mars 8 and Neptune 6 and a lot of hidden enemies have tried to help me and ended up hurting me.  This is my first time on here came from astrodienst person suggestion and I don’t know the rules yet.  I gather we can’t post our charts?  I also have a 9th house Cancer moon and am very nonagressive.  Anymore comments appreciated.  Lots of people give me money now that I have been made to understand that I am suppose to let them.  I try not to feel guilty for being needy and am very appreciative.  Sometimes the money is quite a bit but I can never count on it happening it is truly a gift.  I have Venus Trine Uranus Gemini conjunct N. Node in the 8th.

I don’t encourage people to post their charts just because I don’t have time to do chart interpretations for free and because this is a blog, not a forum. The Astrodienst forum is a good place to post a chart with questions. Astrology Weekly and the Linda Goodman forum are also good.

I have been thinking of adding a forum-like area, but I absolutely do not have the time or interest to moderate it.

29. Joshi479 says:

I have north node in scorpio – 4 house conjunct pluto in scorpio.
    Here’s the catch: I have south node conjunct sun and mercury in 10 house taurus.
    Also have Venus in 10 house gemini. How does this make sense? Plse analyse and help me with this, you’re blog is insightful and refreshing!

I don’t do full analysis of people’s aspects in my blog with the sun conjunct the south node you have a fully developed ego and sense of self – you don’t need to keep developing the “I”. I’m glad you’re enjoying AstroFix :)

30. Allan says:

Your my opposite ;) I got Taurus North Node in 9th and Scorpio South Node in 3rd. Venus in Taurus, Pluto in Scorpio… What the heck am I supposed to do with that lol. Venus is exactly on the North Node to the degree. And Sun trines Pluto 2 Cancer/2 Scorpio. I’ve never had to deal with lack of materials, but it seems I got front row seat tickets at the circus.

I’ve done so much time in such a short period… Have delt with every path of persons. Done time, sent people off to rehab. Have seen the dark side of life, but I still smile each and every day cause that’s the one thing you gotta wipe off my face. Have had some of the most enlightened conversations with so many stars as in normal everyday fokes. Glad that I get to experience life to its fullest…and see goodness in others. Tho sometimes I think I’m stuck in my South Node and need to learn to take life a little bit easier.

I’m going to go back and read the rest of this thread to see if I can relate to it.

• Allan says:

Yeah I can relate to that. I’m thinking of going back to school with Jupiter going over my Venus/NN. Tho I’m not no artist, more of a universal under stander, I’ve been doing astrology for well over 13 years. Was interested in the occult when I was a child. Been around allot of voodoo and religions of all sorts. Raised Catholic, so I always had an appreciation for sacred geometry. But I don’t know anymore..

Anyways I’m done with this evolutionary approach to astrology…GET REAL. Says the Neptune in Cappie Soul lol Sick of reading about Pluto Neptune and Uranus as the only planets that can elevate a person to a higher Octave, like Venus all the sudden lost her meaning as Inanna… The one who pounds on the underworld demanding to free her husband… Threatening to kill all the living and free all the dead if her husband wasn’t returned. Im just having a moment lol BUT look…http://www.kepler.edu/articles/student/1q2000birch.html  If you can’t find anything spiritual- RESURRECTION. I’m done with this hype Transformation astrology that death is like some achievement. The greatest love of all, is the easy to achieve, learning to love yourself, it is the greatest love of all. Then this morning I’m reading into Nazi bullshit Alice Bailey and her Aryan Nation lets eradicate the “root race”. Reading about how the Moon is just some dead object. It might be, the Vedic’s believe the same thing. I do believe in ancestral worship is kind of personal, and important to remember. I got Sun trine Pluto opposed Neptune perfectly. I don’t give a damn about it. I enjoy the company of my Moon cause its my “Veiled” Emotions I keep hidden to cherish and remember regardless if its just dead spirit. Alice Bailey Seemed to not remove Venus off her list of sacred planets…Of course not, but I haven’t seen one person ever seriously give any bit of thought to their own Venus could be their path of enlightenment.

Some food for thought lol

31. Tanya says:

Very interesting article! I like the way you make it personal to help the reader understand the topic better. My Uranus is conjunct my North Node in the first house. I’m also an artist but at a point realized I desired to perform (dance/act) and get away from the 2 dimensional art. Do you feel my moving of my art from the 2 dimensional to performance is a clear sign of NN in first house?

32. Mia says:

So I have vesta exactly conjunct my north node in Leo in the 12th house. Vesta is pretty much a healer right? I’ve read about the sacred prostitution she represents but otherwise I am not familiar with this asteroid.

Hi Mia,

I plan to go through all of Vesta’s interactions with the planets and angles at some point. Vesta also points to ritualized behaviors.

• Mia says:

Thanks! Looking forward to it. I am trying to understand vesta since I am learning that i am here to embody that energy in this life. There isn’t a lot of good enough about this asteroid though.

33. Sidelong says:

Hi, Michelle! I was wondering, would you by any chance be interested in doing a series of the Ruler of the NN in houses?

I’ve given it thought. I’m not sure how many people know enough about it to make it worth my while to write. Although, doing a quick search on Google I don’t see a single article addressing the topic – except for this one! It could make a good ebook, along with the ruler of the NN/SN in signs.

• jjasonham says:

+1!!

34. Peter Fritz Walter says:

Hello,
    Great post, so much to learn here! I have Moon Conjunct ASC and Neptune Conjunct MC, and my South Node is in Gemini (7th House), my North Node in Sagittarius (1st House). I have bought Time Passages by Henry Seltzer, a very good astro software and have looked everything up. For the Nodes positions I have consulted Jan Spiller’s excellent book ‘Astrology of the Soul’, but for the Nodes Rulers I have not yet found any resource for learning the significance.

It would be great if you or one of the commenters could point me to some resources so that I can learn more about astrology.
    Best regards,
    Pierre

Hi Peter,

Sorry for taking so long to respond … been quite busy the past few months.

Astrology for the Soul is a great book.

Lunar Nodes: Discover Your Soul’s Karmic Mission by Celeste Teal is also very good.

Yesterday’s Sky: Astrology and Reincarnation by Steven Forrest is another good one.

Let me know if you’d like more recommendations.

35. Memyself says:

Hi, I have North Node in Pisces in the 3rd house. Neptune in my 12th in Scorpio squaring my Sun. What is my purpose in life according to that?

36. Gk says:

So interesting! For all my love if the nodal placements and karmic astrology, I can’t believe I’ve missed this method, which seems obvious once you are introduced to it. Ie My Pisces south node is in the 5th house, and my Virgo North Node is conjunct Jupiter in the 11th. I have a hard time making money…and both Neptune and Mercury are in my 2nd house…17 ish degrees apart. Early life game me a passion for art and music, both of which I felt best at when I was alone. The same feeling now feels awful, I can’t stand to be so isolated. The one time I was able to make money was when I had a business making gig posters for indie music shows…I gained a following. But, eventually I lost interest…it was hard manual labor and my body hurt from doing it. Pair this with an Aries point moon on the cusp of the 5 th and 6 th houses, and the struggle makes sense. My shadow artist self is performer, though I’ve never given myself permission be cause I have always seen it as too related to the 5th house….but once you bring audience into it, it begins to make more sense. I have a pluto/ascendant conjunction in the 12th house, sun in Scorpio in the 1st, and after thinking about what you’ve written, I can see what is creating my money problems…I must have to view performing from the vantage point of being in service to the audience? Chime in if you see more here! My mars is in Leo in the 10th too…

Good self-diagnosis :) Creativity tailored to the audience yields income.

1. Michelle -

New post: North Node and South Node Rulers | AstroFix – Mozilla Firefox http://ow.ly/1OrCm #astrology

2. Michelle -

New Post: North Node and South Node Rulers | AstroFix – Mozilla Firefox http://ow.ly/1OrCv #astrology