Moon/Jupiter Aspects

Colored balloons on the beachBig emotions. Expansive emotional states. Out of proportion reactions and responses. Making mountains out of molehills. Self-righteous feelings. Feelings that are out of proportion to experiences. Big emotional experiences. Soaring emotions. Emotional highs. Feeling good. Feeling like traveling. Feeling lucky. Emotional gambles. Feeling nourished by travel. The need for knowledge. Feeling nourished by religion. Feeling nourished by education. Philosophizing feelings. Gaining emotional distance. Your need for laughter. Your ability to lighten up.Feeling optimistic. Feeling hopeful. Having faith. Lacking subtlety in emotional expression. Emotionally overwhelming. Feeling overwhelmed by feelings. Feelings loom large. Moods are expansive- highs and lows are big and vast. Broad range of emotional expression. Feeling superior. Emotional resiliency. The ability to bounce back.

Whether or not you feel optimistic about the future. Natural philosopher. Natural preacher. Innate code of ethics. Innate sense of justice. Religious feelings. Having a personal moral code. Religious habits. A habit of praying. Feeling like doing the ‘right’ thing. Self-indulgent. Having an indulgent mother. Needing a lot of affection. Needing a lot of care. Indulging moods. Indulging feelings. Eating too much. Naturally optimistic. Instinct for growth. Instinct to expand. Need for freedom. Excessively moody. An overwhelming mother. A mother who needs her freedom. Too much female influence. Overly receptive. Overly reliant on instinctive responses. Big Mama.

Big baby. Too sensitive. Overly defensive. Overly protective. Overly reactive. Overly comfort-conscious. Protective instincts. Remembering the overall experience rather than the details. Inflated need to protect and be protected. Whether or not your mother protected you. How protected you feel in your home. Feeling satisfied by indulging the big questions. Instinct for philosophy. Buoyant emotions. Ebullient joy. A natural goofball. Enjoying comedy. Feeling satisfied by scholarly pursuits. Feeling happy among people of other cultures- or not. Sloppy habits. Not caring about the details. Natural enthusiasm. Optimistic women. Women with huge mood swings. An overwhelming emotional environment. The instinct to do good. The instinct to be generous. Protective, nurturing instincts. Moral behavior. Scholarly habits. Wanting to grow. Feeling the need to be something more. Feeling that there is always more. Insatiable appetite for knowledge and understanding. Your capacity for blind faith. Altruistic feelings. Whether or not you feel that you can create your own luck.

Working on it!

36 Responses to “Moon/Jupiter Aspects”

1. gracehoper says:

Okay you got me, I don't even have one of those wacky minor aspects between my Moon and Jupiter. :) Not even a parallel. Nor an antiscial relation. nuthin. I *do* however have an exact quincunx from Jupiter to my Cancer ascendant, which is ruled by the Moon in Virgo! hahahaha. So there's a connection!

2. firetiger13 says:

i have this in a tight square
    and yes i have to temper my emotions quite a bit… i kind of take it as an emotional zest for life….. but also w/ that square sometimes i dont know my limits… or i overestimate them is what i do and get really excited about just JUMPING and going for it (whatever IT is) essentially i have faith that i am going to be okay :D

lol :D

The quincunx to your Cancer ascendant has to be the culprit. Has to.

Do you have Saturn involved in that square at all?

5. firetiger13 says:

yep square jupiter…. the whole thing forms a t-square… moon gemini, jupiter pisces, saturn sagittarius……. another t-square w/ moon gemini, jupiter pisces, uranus sagittarius

I remember that. We have that similar configuration. I have Moon conjunct Saturn as the focal point of a T-square with Uranus and Jupiter. My excitement level always gets a reality check from Saturn.

• poseidon says:

Michelle (if u r still around or others who want to comment)if u have moon in trine to sun and jupiter with sun in scorpio and tightly conjunct with venus and jupiter (oth 2 degrees) in 4th house (the latter is considered “combust” in ve4dic astrology rather than “conjunct” as in western lines of inetrpretation): is that a good thing?

Hard to say without seeing your whole chart, Poseidon … but, I don’t give individual interpretations here on the blog. Thank you for reading.

7. firetiger13 says:

yea i'm not too mad about it to be honest
    sometimes saturn needs to check it
    and sometimes jupiter tells saturn to piss off and have some fun!! :D

8. jjasonham says:

lol.

9. r. says:

lol I'm just a big fat Moon/Jupiter opposition with a Libra flair :P ..thankfully I have my intellect to filter all that up there or I'd be a mess :) It's taken years for me to cultivate strength and control over my feelings so that I am not overwhelmed all the time. It's kind of funny to me when I read about my chart ,it's mostly all air and fire,aside from my moon/jupiter and read that I probably shouldn't be the weepy sensitive type lol When SO much of the above is very true for me,a whole part of me has been summed up in a succinct paragraph o.o Really,quite amazing :) Astrology is the stuff isn't it ? hehe It's nice to feel understood .

I'm glad you could relate to the description. :)
    It's amazing the way Jupiter really does expand the properties of whichever planet it touches- no matter how much fire and air you have.

Thank you for reading r. :D

does a positive aspect such as trine means that mother has protected me? i got moon in aquarius trine jupiter in scorpio 0 degress

With the trine I would think so. You have a lot of nice positive aspects to the Moon!

HI michelle- thank you. oh you just dont know how much i love ur site. i am learning a lot. i am a beginner in astrology. im glad that i have postive aspects with my moon. and u seem to think that its a good thing right? i hope it does. coz i am crab. the only negative aspect i have with the moon is chiron and uranus. which got me confused coz if jupiter says positive aspect to moon and that means my mother has protected me, why then my i was badly wounded by my own mother which was shown with moon in aquarius square chiron in taurus. my uranus in sagittarius squares as well in moon in aquarius.

It is confusing. That is the problem with looking at one aspect at a time. You really do have to look at the whole picture. With so many positive aspects, yet the Moon square Uranus and Chiron, it is likely that your relationship with your mother is mixed. Relationships are rarely ever entirely negative or entirely positive- they are complex.

I know… I am confused too esp I am still new in astrology. By the way, is a BI QUANTILE aspect consider positive or negative? I have moon in aquarius bi quantile sun in cancer. I wonder how this goes for me.

Biquintiles seem to be neutral. They show a style of doing things.

17. Dn Angel Riku says:

I have moon quincunx Jupiter and I can identify with all of tge above :)

I’m glad you can relate with to the descriptions.

Thank you for reading Dn Angel Riku :D

• Hodad says:

I like this one.I have an out-of-sign aspect with Moon in early Leo in the 11th quincunx Jupiter in late Sagittarius in the 4th. Jupiter in Sag increases the whole ‘buoyant’ aspect to it,and really emphasizes the statement –’feeling nourished by education’.There is certainly something to be said for natural enthusiasm.I really can’t find anything wrong with this aspect.

18. Jara says:

A lot of this describes a Moon-Jupiter someone I’m getting to know…

“Feeling nourished by travel”. He regularly drives across states for work and for fun. To drive 350 miles in one night to hang out with friends is nothing to him. His Mars is in the 3rd house, I think (I’ll have to double-check).

“An ability to lighten up.” He tells jokes (or philosophizes his feelings) when he feels the emotional atmosphere getting too heavy (for him), which he initiates (His Moon and Venus are in water signs)!

“Scholarly habits. Insatiable appetite for knowledge.” His job heavily involves education. One of the reasons why I’m attracted to him is because he’s constantly learning something new and sharing it with me.

“Women with huge mood swings.” Check! That’s me! And if I’m not mood-swinging, he will do or say something to provoke an emotional reaction from me (His Sun through Jupiter and Pluto closely aspects my Moon, so he knows how to do this easily). I think he’s comforted by emotional mood-swings in women. It feels “right” or “normal” to him.

He’s also emotionally self-righteous. He loves to argue and justify his feelings. He doesn’t like limitations. However, instead of saying “I don’t like these limitations.”, he’ll go out of his way to set up a situation in which he proves that he can follow the limitations but it was sooooooo hard for him. Then he’ll tell me how “wrong” I am for being restrictive. And won’t let it go. Example: He likes to have late-night conversations, but that cuts into my sleep time. I did it a couple times but then when I gave him a phone curfew, he wrote me that he’s wondering why I don’t call him more. So I called him. He didn’t answer. The next morning, he texted me: “Sorry I wasn’t near the phone when you called (he was because I could tell that he pressed “ignore”). I would’ve called you back, but your phone restrictions say no.” Because he’s trying to be manipulative, I ignored that and changed the subject. But of course he brings it back up again and again. Each time, I become more “wrong”. *sigh* Do I need to mention that his chart is mostly earth and water?

This helped me understand him better. Thanks.

• Helms2005 says:

I like this one.I have an out-of-sign aspect with Moon in early Leo in
      the 11th quincunx Jupiter in late Sagittarius in the 4th. Jupiter in Sag
      increases the whole ‘buoyant’ aspect to it,and really emphasizes the
      statement –’feeling nourished by education’.There is certainly
      something to be said for natural enthusiasm.I really can’t find anything
      wrong with this aspec

19. Mert says:

i have a Yod from Jupiter(6 leo) to moon(1 pisces) and Neptune(11 capricorn)..
    This is one of the hardest yods that makes my moon quincunx jupiter harder….
    So true interpretations by the way.. many of them matches with the situations “when i feel”..
    you can think or consider Moon/Jupiter aspects in these way
    since Moon is all about – emotions,mother etc- and Jupiter expands whatever it touches and it is all about -luck,optimism,philopshy,joy-…
    If some has a Moon/Jupiter aspect..
    They both feel the “jupiter”(Emotional Luck) and they expand the “Moon”(Jupiter Mother) -> i think you are making interpretations in these way.
    This is a very good perspective, i realized it the second time i saw it =)))

“Buoyant emotions” haha yeah they never fall =)) but Moon/Pluto aspect can bring buoyant emotions too =))

• Helms2005 says:

I like this one.I have an out-of-sign aspect with Moon in early Leo in
      the 11th quincunx Jupiter in late Sagittarius in the 4th. Jupiter in Sag
      increases the whole ‘buoyant’ aspect to it,and really emphasizes the
      statement –’feeling nourished by education’.There is certainly
      something to be said for natural enthusiasm.I really can’t find anything
      wrong with this aspect.

i got trine with my moon in aquarius and jupiter in scorpio. i just happen to renounce my religion last year when pluto is in my 9th house.. maybe thats the reason why i sort of messed up. not sure what will happen to me.

i just happen to renounce my religion last year when pluto is in my 9th house
      That’s huge. Is Pluto still in your 9th house?

21. meow says:

hi. I have Moon, Mars, and Jupiter, all in the 1st degree Gemini, and, depending on house systems, either in the 9th or the 10th houses(MC is 17 Gemini) and all the above pretty much describes me.
    I have always been very emotional and anxious(that stellium squares Mercury and North Node, in Pisces). And I have been overweight for most of my life..I have a very healthy appetite, to say the least.
    But I also am quite healthy, and always have been..which I suppose must be largely because of this stellium, since my sun is Pisces and AC is Virgo, which should make me quite “frail”.
    But I’m not. The most severe disease I’ve had was chicken pox, when I was 5. other than that, I do have myopia and astigmatism, and I’ve been wearing glasses since I was 12.(am 22 now)

Emotional and anxious are good words for that Gemini conjunction. Talking about your feelings could be a way to help yourself relax.

22. meow says:

PS. That photo is quite fitting..lol.

Glad you like it :D

23. Fiona says:

What about foreign parents?

That seems reasonable.

24. poseidon says:

Michelle: moon in trine with sun and jupiter, sun in scorpio in 4th house in conjuct with venus and juopiter (about 2 degrees and in vedic interpretations “combust” with negative connotations as opposed to iother lines of thought): in your opinion a good thing or not so favorable?

Most aspects give “good” and “bad” possibilities for manifestation.

1. Tweets that mention Moon/Jupiter Aspects: Brainstorm -- Topsy.com -

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Michelle. Michelle said: #astrology Moon/Jupiter Aspects: Brainstorm – Big emotions. Expansive emotional states. Out of proportion reactions … http://ow.ly/180Jb1 [...]