Strong Dreamers

Everybody Dreams

swimming underwater

via http://www.flickr.com/photos/clashed

Everybody dreams, but not everyone is naturally a strong dreamer. Some people are more likely to remember their dreams and to take an active role in dream recall and exploration. Those people not only remember their dreams in minute detail, but also have the ability to achieve lucidity and control the direction of their dreams. Anyone can develop dreaming ability, but like most other talents and abilities, some people have it naturally, and other people develop it through sheer effort and concentration. Sometimes it takes a trigger- like a transit or progression- to open you up to your latent dreaming power.

Letting Go into the Flow

Strong dreamers have a certain comfort level with ambiguity and they accept that the borders of conscious awareness can blur. Because they open themselves up to experiences beyond strict “reality”, they can experience levels of awareness that go beyond everyday waking life.

Astrological Indicators of Strong Dreamers

Neptune Contacts

• Contacts between Neptune and the Sun or Moon
  • Neptune in the 4th, 8th or 12th house,
  • Neptune in aspect to the ruler of the 12th house
  • Neptune on an angle or in aspect to one of the angles (ascendant, IC, MC or descendant)
  • Neptune as the ruler of the 12th house

These all seem to be indicators of strong dreamers.

Neptune, like Uranus and Pluto, indicates experiences that are beyond rational, personal control. Neptune in your chart shows how your personal boundaries blur to merge with something greater.

Sun/Neptune

With Neptune in aspect to the Sun, the drive to individuate and become a separate person becomes diffused. Although the ego is still present (and there can be spiritual egotism- check out Funkastrology’s series on natal Sun Neptune aspects) the boundaries of the self are permeable. “You” are diffused, and because you are diffused, you are open (and susceptible) to whatever is in the atmosphere. Picking up on so many subtle influences during the day makes it necessary to have a psychic detox every night- through your dreams.

Moon/Neptune

hazy woodsWith the Moon in aspect to Neptune there is something to be said about being comfortable in the realm of intangible experience. Moon/Neptune people are most sensitive to emotional states, with their own emotional comfort zone having indistinct boundaries. They are most likely to pick up on moods and emotions above all else. Collecting this emotional debris indiscriminately causes them, like the Sun/Neptune person, to need some type of outlet to make sense of the material, or assimilate it.

Unfortunately, with the Sun and Moon in aspect to Neptune, if the person gets overwhelmed by everything they absorb, they may resort to numbing or dulling their sensitivity by whatever means they have available to them.

The Water Houses

The 12th house seems to have the most obvious association with dreams. The 12th house contains all the stuff that you are not aware of- your self-sabotaging habits, your fantasies- and your mystical experiences. The 12th house is also about retreat, respite, and the things you do alone. Dreaming is an activity that you must do by yourself. Although you can form a dream group, or try to meet up with people in the dream world, you alone have full access to your own dreaming life.

The 8th house is a repository for emotional repression, and the suppression of personality forces that other people might consider taboo. In some ways the 8th house is like an emotional garbage dump. Being associated with Scorpio and Pluto, the 8th house isn’t particularly mystical like Neptune or the 12th house. It has a lot to do with detective work and snooping that leads to understanding. The 8th house’s need to crack every mystery gives planets within it a natural fascination with the hidden realm of dreams. An emphasis on the 8th house through having personal planets or Neptune there, or by having the ruler of the 12th house in the 8th house, most likely means that you use dreams to gain a deeper understanding of your own underlying motivations, unconscious complexes and issues, or that you work with other people’s “dream stuff.”

The 4th house is your base of operation- the basement of your personality. If you have Neptune in your basement, then your personality rests on a hazy foundation. A fundamental structural component of your personality is that your personality has no distinct structural components to rest on at all. This lack of a distinct structure leaves you open to, positively and negatively, transcendent, vague, dream-like experiences. Maybe, for you, life really is a dream

9th House

The 9th house seems a less likely placement to indicate a strong dreamer if only because the 9th house is concerned with Truth, with a capital T. However, people with 9th house placements seem to have an innate understanding of archetypes. They have the ability to see people as living archetypal embodiments. Ninth house people tend to see people as Mother, Father, Crone, Wise Woman or Wise Man and easily identify people as such. In this respect, a person who is an active dreamer and who has strong 9th house placements may have an advantage in understanding and recognizing archetypes in action in the dream world, and therefore could have a better understanding of the fundamental meaning of their dreams.

Pisces

The astrological signs show how you express a planetary energy. Pisces planets have a natural affinity to the dream world, being ruled by Neptune. Pisces planets can express themselves in a spaced out, dreamy, artistic and sensitive way, but they don’t necessarily remember or work with their dreams. Pisces planets still seem to need an outer kick from Neptune, or be placed in a water house to actually make use of this natural affinity to the dream world. What do you think?

water slide

Recommended Dream Journal Program

Alchera- Comes with a built-in dream dictionary which you can edit to add your own definitions and your own words. Rather than sifting through notebooks of handwritten dreams, you can easily find any occurrence of any symbol by year, or through all of your dreams combined. You will discover patterns that you hadn’t been aware of, symbols that you might not have paid attention to, and so much more. I highly recommend this- and I don’t get a commission for doing it. I just think it’s a must if you want to start taking your dreams seriously. It’s so much easier to get a grasp on your dreams if they are organized and easy to access.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

71 Responses to “Strong Dreamers”

Neptune in the 1st conjunct the Sun & Asc, Moon in Pisces in the 3rd. I do have pretty vivid dreams, but it comes in cycles. There will be a period of heavy dreaming followed by a period of “dreamless” sleep. I kinda like waking up with a dream just fading slightly, and then sometimes an event will re trigger the memory. I have had some prophetic dreams too. I foresaw my Father’s stroke (though I didn’t understand the dream then), and when he had it I woke up with stabbing-blinding pain. He’s fine now, but it does scare me to dream things like that not knowing what I can do about it.

I like waking up with a dream just fading slightly, and then sometimes an event will re trigger the memory
    I like that when that happens too.

It is difficult to know what to do when you have a dream like that, especially because you don’t always know what it’s about until after the fact.

3. Christine Truong says:

Cool blog!

The closest trine to my Sun is a Uranus trine, followed by a Neptune trine with Neptune conjunct my IC. I have a Jupiter-Chiron conjunction in the 9th house and a very tight Neptune-Mercury trine. Mars in Pisces in the 5th, and Venus in Pisces in the 6th.

I really don’t have any problem recalling dreams once I make an effort. I read somewhere once that in order to start remembering your dreams, or getting to lucid dreaming, your dreams really have to start being important to you. I’ve found that when writing about my dreams, I can be extremely detailed, remembering exactly what I see and how I feel.

Although I’ve only achieved lucidity a few times, I feel extremely “conscious” in my dreams. While I may be DOING things, I always feel as if I am a passive observer in events, even if I am participating in things. So, I don’t know if this makes sense, but I always feel like my physical self in dreams and my physical self is often detached from the dream world. Haha, does that even make sense??

I don’t think I was always this way, but in the last couple of years… it’s almost as if I’ve been extremely sober in my dreams. Like, bad things will happen and I know that I feel hurt or sad, or whatever, but I’m detached them. I think it’s because somewhere, in the deep cradle of my mind, I know that I’m dreaming.

I wondered what you might have to say about this post.

does that even make sense??
    Sure, that makes sense. I think that being a passive observer is about still not making fully conscious, purposeful decisions. Even though you are doing things, you’re still not making clear, aware decisions to do them, with intent.

5. Jara says:

Hmm… I don’t have ANY of the placements/aspects you mentioned yet I’m a very strong dreamer. I can tell myself before sleeping that I want to have a solution to problem XYZ and I will have one in the morning. I remember my “conscious” dreams in detail and they’re often prophetic. Saturn in 9th (truth-seeker, reality-seeker) takes much of the symbolism out of the dreams. The “lessons” or “meanings” don’t take too much analysis to understand them.

I think having any planets in the water houses or having watery signs (especially Moon or Neptune) on the cusps of the water houses or water houses connected via rulers will increase the “strength” of a dreamer. Scorpio allows for more control/repression of subconscious material. Pisces has less control, makes for more of a passive observer, having difficulty distinguishing between dream state and non-dream state (e.g. “waking” in the dream, still believing one is in a dream when awake). Cancer is a lot more prophetic than many give it credit for…

My mom is a strong dreamer. She can control her dreams and daydreams. Go “out of body” at will. She has grand trine in water planets involving Moon-Venus-Mars-Neptune. I think she has Neptune on an angle (7th).

thanks for this amazing post about neptune! i have a strong neptune signature. it’s on 1st/2nd house cusp, trines MC, sesquiquadrates moon, and square mercury. pisces is intercepted in my 4th and i’ve saturn-pluto at the top of my scorpio 12th house.

also my progressed neptune is conjunct my ascendant.

anyway i’ve grown to trust my dreams. as a kid i had horrible nightmares and very strong imagination and was deathly afraid of the dark. but as i became more aware of my psychic energy (and its magnetism), and as i’ve centered myself spiritually, my dreams have become a safe haven. i’ve learned to use my imagination to focus on what i truly want, and no longer feel victimized by outside forces.

i know this sounds trippy but it’s very true for me! and i’m just a normal person with a regular job, healthy lifestyle, etc (typical virgo).

Interesting post!

I have often wondered why I am not a strong dreamer. I almost never recall my dreams. What I sometimes wake up with are emotions from the dream I can’t recall, but I very rarely recall any details. But the emotions do linger. I notice the same phenomenon with experiences that upset me in waking life. As times goes on, I usually don’t recall the details of how people hurt or upset me, but that feelings will linger for years.

Judging by my chart, one would think I would be a very vivid dreamer:

Neptune is in aspect to every planet in my chart.
    My Virgo Sun squares my Sagittarius Neptune.
    My Scorpio Moon is conjunct my Sagittarius Neptune.
    My Neptune is in the 4th house.
    The ruler of my 12th house is the Moon, which is conjunct Neptune.
    Neptune is quincunx my MC. ( I have often wondered if there is a website that also shows aspects to the IC & DC. Would you know?)

Can you think of any astrological factors that might oppose the natural ability to be a strong dreamer? As you have said, perhaps it is merely a function of not having taken the time and effort to develop the ability that lies within.

8. Lua Astrology says:

I have kept a dream diary for 26 years and have always dreamed vividly and had very good recall. To me as a child whilst I was aware the dreams were a different reality I still saw them as a reality of their own and no less ‘real’ despite what everyone else told me!
    I have a stellium of planets in the 9th house, Neptune in the 4th. Neptune is part of a yod which points to Mercury in the 9th. I have always had a ‘gift’ for understanding the language of dreams. (The other player in the yod is Uranus). Like you say in your post – the 9th does rule symbolic language (as opposed to the 3rd ruling written and spoken language). A long time ago I heard the 9th house was once called The House of Dreams.

That makes sense. I wonder how much of it has to do with the desire to control dreams- you have the desire and you make a conscious intention before falling asleep so you get answers (I do the same thing ;D) Where do you think the ability to tell yourself what to do comes from?

• Jara says:

I don’t know.

Me neither, but I think it indicates strong self-will.

10. MyAstroChris says:

Neptune is on my IC and is squaring both my Sun & Moon. Incidentally, my Sun is in Pisces and is the ruler of my 12th house…I also have Mars in Pisces. Yes, I am a vivid dreamer and have a difficult time distinguishing daydreams from reality sometimes. I also have a tendency to take on other people’s dreams and forget mine…until I wake up!

That’s such a good question. My boyfriend has many of these aspects too, but he rarely remembers his dreams (Water grand trine: saturn/chiron-moon/neptune-jupiter, and jupiter is the ruler of the 12th house).

I almost wonder if having too many of these aspects results in a kind of complete letting go during sleep, almost like disappearing. Maybe there is so much atmospheric/psychic intake during the day that you dissolve during sleep- what do you think?

My favorite source for aspect interpretations is a site that I’m not even sure what it’s name is- I call it Magyan. The address is http://members.wizzards.net/~magyan/Sun_Aspects.htm
    It has interpretations for the Asc. and MC, and the major asteroids, including the minor aspects like the quintile/biquintile.

There’s a lot of mixed information about which house rules dreams, but my feelings is that the 12th,8th,9th,4th rule different aspects of the dreaming process. I don’t think the dream world is any less “real” than the real world either.

Me too :)

It doesn’t sound trippy- I really think it’s a natural evolution toward trusting your inner wisdom. I think that having a strong dream life and a normal waking life are completely compatible, and that it is actually healthy.

I also have a tendency to take on other people’s dreams
    What do you mean by that?

Thanks for stopping by Chris, I haven’t heard from you in a while :)

Hmmm, I like that theory. When I tend to feel overwhelmed and I do escape, I do tend to do so pretty completely. So, I can see that.

And thank you for that link!

16. Christine Truong says:

I wonder if I feel detached from my dreams because Virgo rules my 12th house.

Some helpful tips when it comes to remembering dreams. I think you have to make conscious, delibrate decisions that your dreams are important and that you’re going to remember them. Saying to yourself mentally (or even outloud) during the day and before you go to bed that you will remember your dreams. Like, willfull dreaming. :P

Also, upon waking up, I find that it’s helpful to lie in bed for a couple of minutes to kind of recollect the pieces of my dreams until they feel somewhat coherent to me.

For lucid dreaming: during the day, look at your hands and ask yourself if you are dreaming. Try to do things you wouldn’t be able to do in the real world. Once you realize that you’re unable to do them, tell yourself that you’re awake. I know it sounds silly, but the first day I did this very small ritual, I was lucid in my dreams.

17. MyAstroChris says:

I mean more in the way of life dreams & goals and not sleeping dreams…i.e. like someone will be passionate about starting a business idea and then somehow get me to do all the work for them :|….they can smell my Virgo Moon conjunct Virgo AC from a mile away I guess.

I enjoy your posts and read them often…good stuff!

That stinks!

19. Shannon says:

The strongest dreamer I know is a Cancer rising with Pisces moon in the 8th. He doesn’t tell many people about them, but her has really vivid and interesting dreams.

Me, on the other hand… I have a great imagination but I sleep like a log. I rarely if ever remember my dreams, so the few I retain carry more weight. (Taurus moon in the 10th and Neptune in the 5th)

I imagine that Taurus would sleep like a log. My brother has Taurus rising- he slept through our house getting broken into, the cops arriving, the whole thing!

21. Idan says:

Wow it’s so true!
    I’m a lucid dreamer, I have neptune in 8th house conjucnt my 12th house ruller(venus), and also conjunct uranus(that is in the 8th house and the 9th house ruller),
    I also have a stelium in 8th house and I’m a Piscean!(Sun in Pisces)
    I love your blog :)

• Idan says:

No, I don’t have a leo rising, I have a gemini rising :D

Those are some great connections for dreaming. Do you have Leo rising?

I love your blog :)
    Thanks!

23. Downtodefy says:

I had a dream about a huge water tower/ slide thing that looks almost exactly like the picture example you have given.

I’ve had dreams like that too. For me they often have to do with feeling that if I let go of control I’m going to fall/fail- something like that. What d you think it means for you?

24. Mary Pat Lynch says:

An intriguing discussion of dream patterns in the chart … the post and comments/responses! I’ve been a strong dreamer all my life, with a Neptune-Mercury 3rd House conjunction sextile a Pluto-Moon-Asc conjunction. I also have water rulers for the water houses. I’m curious though … what about the Moon? Dreams are part of the lunar realms, so I also look to Moon placements as an indicator of dreaming.

Dreams are part of the lunar realmsThey are in a way. I guess in my mind I see the Moon astrologically as having more to do with what makes us feel comfortable and what we need to feel happy and secure. The Moon seems relate to needs. If a person had the Moon conjunct Neptune then their needs might expand out into also needing transcendental and dreamlike experiences. But the Moon by itself, with its relationship to our personal needs, doesn’t seem to have much to do with dreaming. What do you think?

25. Zodiacal_macaw_1210 says:

I like this posting. My Sun, Mercury and Mars are in 12th House Sagittarius; Jupiter is in 9th House Virgo, Neptune is in 1st House Sagittarius and Chiron is in 8th House Leo.

Sun, Mercury and Mars square Jupiter and trine Chiron but my Sun and Mercury semi – sextile Neptune; Jupiter trine Neptune. What could it all mean?

Out of experiences, I do have a very active imagination; when I listen to music, I see an image in my head or I can find a certain dance move that would go perfectly with it. I’ve been interested in dream interpretations and dream symbolism. Sometimes, I have trouble discerning whether I’m in a dream or if I’m in reality. To always make sure, I pitch myself; if I don’t get a physical reaction, I know I’m in a dream; if I do, then I’m in reality.

A recurring theme that I get in my dreams is either I’m flying or I’m loosing teeth. Sometimes, my dreams turn into visions or Dejavus and other times they give me a heads up on what to expect i.e. I had a dream that I had a parrot (an animal that occurs a lot in my dreams and that I love in my waking life – found out that the parrot might actually be my totem animal) and I was coming home one day and my parrot said, “Tim’s here! Tim’s here!” (Tim was my ex). I asked him, “Where is he” and the bird told me was in my room. Right before I opened the door, the bird said, “Don’t go in there! Don’t go in there!” and soon enough, he was cheating on me with another guy :/ In my waking life, right when I broke up with him, I found out he was cheating on me with 5 other guys. Sorry, I ramble a lot.

Somehow I missed this post…

The parrot most likely is one of your totem animals. I consider every animal that appears in my dreams to be an animal guide of some sort. Some of the animals have a stronger resonance and personal meaning, so, like you, I tend to think of them as “my” animals.

Sometimes dreams of missing teeth can be pointing out that your not speaking your truth. But, it also depends what kind of teeth they are. If they’re baby teeth it could mean you’re growing up. If they’re wisdom teeth you might be getting wiser. It depends.

• Levi Fuentes says:

You’re right – the parrot is my totem animal. The parrot represents repitition, relearning and learning how to be more diplomatic and tactful (sounds like my animal is a Libra lol).

With the teeth, I loose all my teeth. I would feel them wiggle in my mouth but then I would pry them out because it would annoy me every time I clamp my jaw >__> I feel like an albatross trying to get aloft.

26. Virgo-moon says:

I have Neptune in a Capricorn stellium with Mars, Saturn and Uranus in the 5th, sextile my 8th house Pisces sun and trine my 2nd house Virgo moon. My Virgo moon in the 2nd is the ruler of my 12th house.

I was particularly intrigued by what you said about Moon/Neptune contacts

“With the Moon in aspect to Neptune there is something to be said about being comfortable in the realm of intangible experience. Moon/Neptune people are most sensitive to emotional states, with their own emotional comfort zone having indistinct boundaries. They are most likely to pick up on moods and emotions above all else. Collecting this emotional debris indiscriminately causes them, like the Sun/Neptune person, to need some type of outlet to make sense of the material, or assimilate it.”

I would have to strongly agree that most of my dreams are based around a certain Mood, more so than specific actions, people, conversations, etc
    The Mood and/or Tone of my dreams is what stands out the most to me, and usually is the only thing I will remember upon waking. Common themes for me include Fear, Paranoia, Odd, Strange, Bizarre, Dark, Confusing, Lost, Ignored, Wrong, Weird, Displacement, Hatred, etc which now that I think of it could be explained by the sign and house placement of my 12th house ruler, my Virgo moon in the 2nd.

Do you keep a written record of your dreams? A Virgo Moon as ruler of the 12th seems like an excellent to do so. Valuing records, or keeping records, could be a description for a Virgo 2nd house.

27. tauruschic says:

I have Neptune Quincunx my Sun, Neptune opp my Moon, Neptune in the 4th, 8th house Pisces cusp, and water rulers for all water houses. My dreams are VERY vivid, I often feel like I am still awake as they are so real. I have had dreams that have come true, one that was very tragic :( . I am also able to have repeat dreams, some that I have not had for years – yes, I can recall my dreams for many years. And oh, have a Taurus Sun but I am a very light sleeper, I can hear a pin drop. I therefore never have restful sleep as I wake up several times in the night. My Moon is in Gemini, Mercury in the 8th and Mars in the 12th – not sure if these have anything to do with it, but my mind is constantly on the go, even in those moments when I am awoken by something, even if for only 5 seconds! Crazy!! Love your posts Michelle, thanks

Do you ever try to control or direct your dreams? Being such a strong dreamer, you might also find an enormous source ofinformation and guidance in asking questions of your dreams before you go to sleep. Thank you for reading tauruschic.

I have Neptune in 8th but Imore likely fit to 9th houser dreamer who understand and able to analyze the archtypes I’ve gotten from my dream. I usually remember my dream, but in a lazy Sunday morning when I have 3-4 dreams marathon ( with 3-4 times sudden wake), well I couldn’t remember them all :)
    Do you have aspect of strong dreamer yourself, Michelle?

I have Neptune in the 4th conjunct trine Sun in the 8th. The Sun is the ruler of my 12th house. My chart ruler, Mercury, is in the 8th house and is sesquiquadrate Neptune. I remember my dreams almost every night. Lately I’ve been working with the pre-sleep state. I propose a question and let images flood my mind. I’m not yet sleeping, but I’m on the cusp. It’s kind of like guided imagery.

• Joswan says:

Those are great position, especially from the 4th and 12th. In the pre-sleep state? I’m in the pre-awake state :D
        the way your dream it’s like you drawn a tarot card, put it under your pillow and let the question/ the “theme”card guide you?
        When you dream, do you have a full control of your entity? For example: when you dream falling from a tower, can you make sure you land safely? Do you questioning the surreal imagery in your dream or you just lost your analytical skill and flowing with the bizzare-weirdness situation on the dream?
        Well, I’m curious..that’s why I asked you :D
        pssst..Neptune in 4th, does having a warm family surrounding have significance purpose on you? ;)

I got neptune in 9th house. I remember going through some deep spiritual journey only to find some “truth” I didn’t find in any religion. I found it in art.

30. Mert says:

My moon is pisces and my Ascendant is pisces too plus moon conjuncts asc, moon gets sextile from Neptune and square from Venus in Sagg and gets trine from Pluto in scorpio

Are you a strong dreamer?

i realized i got a lot of aspects with neptune. neptune sextile pluto, neptune semi-square chiron, neptune trine ascendant, neptune trine jupiter and moon, neptune opposite venus and mercury. and many more. i sort of journal my dreams… symbols and all and find some meanings of it on the internet. i also day dream a lot. i feel good with it. i noticed that im a kind of person who needs to dream about my next move in life otherwise, i feel lost. I need to imagine things that i need or want to do before i can act on it. i find it weird but its just me. i also always have this idea of a lover in my head. sort of prince charming, soul-mate being that until now, i havent found yet. i know this is the effect of neptune.

That is an inspiring way to put it. Wow…I’m going to be thinking about that all day.

maybe to some extent but its not always good because i always forgot about my daily chores. ahi! i read from somewhere, i forgot where exactly, says that i have an aspect in my chart that says i have the ability to manifest my dreams. the trouble is i still dont know what i know what i want. lolz!

btw, i forgot to tell, my dreams sometimes prophetic. i remember dreaming about the earthqueake in italy a week before it happen. i freaked out when i heard the news about it. not a good dream, through. is this what neptune can do?

I think that is what Neptune can do – tap you into the collective.

I also think that most people have precognitive or prophetic dreams. Most don’t remember those dreams, or they don’t take their dreams seriously enough to realize what they meant.

maybe the reason why iam highly sensitive about what those prophetic dreams is because i am also sensitive with what is ahppening with the world. for example, i get disturbed by the destruction of nature, then theres wars that kills innocent children and women, then theres natural disaster. not sure why i am like this. the funny thing is, i never worry about bills getting paid but i do get worry about problems on the larger scale. this is the reason why i took b.s. int’l relations before. hay… neptune.

not sure why i am like this
          Probably because you are a sensitive person. Also, do you have planets in the 9th house? I forget.

• amoureuse says:

oh… i got neptune, juno and lilith. hows that sound? looks bad, isnt?!

It’s not bad.

• Deepwater says:

Hi Michelle, how bad is having an alcohol issue when natally Neptune is in Scorpio in 4th House trine Sun in Cancer (11th House) and part of a Water Grand Trine with Chiron in Pisces in 8th. Very vivid dreamer which come true a lot but i think this scares me. I do drink a lot in my house where I feel lost a lot of the time especially if I am left on my own. What is your take on this and is there anything I can do to help myself overcome this major issue in my life.

With your Sun in the 11th house, I think a very good option is to join AA. With Neptune in the 4th house it’s all too easy for you to “drop out” and stay at home. Getting into the company of people who are dealing with the same problems will help you deal with them as well. I know quite a few people for whom AA has worked.

33. AriesGirl says:

I LOVE dreams and they are very important to me! I remember them almost very night, and the first thing i do every morning is to recall and reflect on my dreams. On the other hand, i never write them down… beause i just can’t. I’ve tried, but i felt anxious about it, and i simply couldn’t do it…
    Btw, I have these from your list :D
    Contacts between Neptune and the Sun
    Neptune in the 4th,
    Neptune in aspect to the ruler of the 12th house
    Neptune in aspect to the MCplus, Venus in the 9th house and my chart ruler in Pisces…

Lots of dream aspects :D

I used to try to write my dreams out as if I were telling someone a story but it just takes too long. Eventually I learned to use simple sentences with keywords that trigger a memory.

34. Robin Joy Dore says:

I have…..

Moon/Neptune
    Neptune on an angle or in aspect to one of the angles (ascendant, IC, MC or descendant)…..

I love having dreams, especially when they’re in 3D, technicolor and with surround sound :-D
     (unless it’s a nightmare of course)
    I also day dream a lot.

35. Kai says:

Sun Trine Neptune and Ascendant Opposite Neptune here. I find it easy, really easy to influence people and relate with almost everyone. On the downside though I’m just as easily influenced – which can be good or bad depending who I associate with currently.

36. Thomas Baker63 says:

The only indicators I have are Neptune Square Midheaven and Neptune Sextile Mercury, which rules Gemini which is in my 12th House. Some of the dreams I wasnt able to control, like I was skateboarding with the Ninja Turtles in the sewers and they ended up jumping me!!!!! Or swinging from monkey bars and then falling forever until I woke up. But then some dreams I have had control, like running away from the cops then in Super Mario 64 fashion flying and controlling the direction and everything. Only one dream I felt was prophetic and that was when I felt my grandmother came to me dressed in all white in a unicorn the night she passed away from a heart ailment in church. I took it as her telling me she was fine and to watch over her daughter, my mother, which is what Ive been doing ever since

37. Thomas Baker63 says:

38. Outerplanets says:

I hope someone can tell me something more about my natal chart below :) I am a dreamer for sure :)

39. Ashley says:

Loved this post! I’ve always attributed my vivid dreams and memory of them to my Pisces Moon (possibly also because it’s conjunct my North Node). However, I hadn’t considered Neptune in the 4th. Interesting!

I’ve always been fascinated with dreams and actually do many times wish I could just stay in them. However, this isn’t always the case as I also have a history of chronic nightmares. Though it has been quite a long time since I’ve suffered from those.

Thank you!

I would think your Pisces Moon conjunct NN is a strong influence too :)

40. Allan says:

I got TOO much control over my dreams. If I don’t like the outcome, I rewind it and replay the dream the way I want it to be. LOVE Nightmares for some strange reason. They make me excited and the thrill of the ride just makes it ALL that much better. Love playing detective. The dreams I have aren’t that crazy…They really could be life scenarios. No flying or free falling. Not that lucid….not in multiple colors or being in different dimensions . I enjoy dreams where I have old conversations with people I haven’t seen or spoken to in a long time.

If I want that lucid experience I will just take a few hits of acid or take an 1/8th of shrooms for real. Maybe some DMT.

Lots of times I have reflective memories in my dreams. Remembering past loves and pains. Reliving events that have left an emotional imprint on me.

I think I’m more of a day dreamer and drift away in my clouded thoughts. Hardly ever sleep. Go to bed every other day. Sing and dance all the time ;) Talk to people from ALL over the world. I’m really just responding cause that 4th house Neptune was spot on for me….

“Maybe, for you, life really is a dream”

Right now I get to wake up and look out this front window and watch the mountains smoke. Always traveling and moving to other lands. Exploring all the time…Yes life is but a dream. Label it drop out if you like but I see it like this… I CHOOSE THIS LIFE! I don’t want to be tied down in routine.

*Sparks up joint*

Sun in Cancer opp Neptune in Capricorn
    Moon in Virgo trine Neptune in Capricorn
    Moon in 12th Neptune in 4th
    Ruler of 12th Leo…Sun opp Neptune

Oh well just another ramble :)

Interesting stuff, Allan.

I’m fascinated that you don’t dream in full color yet you have total control over what happens. I’m still learning control over my dreams yet they’re always in color, and often in very intense pulsating color.

41. Careesa says:

Sag neptune 7th out 2 from Dc

Jupiter in the 12th taurus

Jupiter sextile cancer moon (ruling 2nd and 3rd)

Neptune Quintile mercury and biquintile Moon

Pisces sun in the 10th square neptune

Yes. I have VIVID dreams…to the point of actually feeling pain in them(i was very emotionally hurt at the time)and it is not just dreaming pain, i mean waking up with the sensations for a few minutes after.

A little prophectic and speaking with deceased loved ones and many religious ones, though i am really not really religious in the fundamental Christian sense of the word(dreams of speaking to an angel and Jesus). Synchronistic events in and outside of my dreams make me a truely believe in so many possibilities. Am definitely made to deal with my daily emotional state in dream–even if idon’t want to.

Neat :) Where are your nodes?

42. Mimi says:

Neptune in 1st conjunct ascendant, Neptune sextile Sun. Chart ruler in 12th house. Pisces Moon in 3rd conjunct North Node, square Neptune, square Saturn, square Uranus, square ascendant and square Chiron … opposition Mercury and MC,.. trine Venus…

So … are you a strong dreamer?

1. Tweets that mention Strong Dreamers -- Topsy.com -

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Michelle, Michelle. Michelle said: #astrology Strong Dreamers – Everybody dreams Everybody dreams, but not everyone is naturally a strong dreamer. Some… http://ow.ly/18FDxY [...]