True Blood: The Astrology of Bill & Sookie

Vampire Bill Compton and Sookie Stackhouse

Vampire Bill Compton and Sookie Stackhouse

The stars of the show True Blood, Leo Anna Paquin and Libra Stephen Moyer, who play vampire Bill Compton and fairy Sookie Stackhouse, wed in real life in late August.

Supernatural Attraction

Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer have a similar configuration in their charts. Stephen has Venus conjunct Pluto sextile Neptune, while Anna has Mars conjunct Pluto sextile Neptune. Sookie seduces by aggressively fighting on behalf of her relationships. Bill’s seduces through attraction and intense feelings of love- and by glamoring people. While Bill does physically fight on behalf of his relationship with Sookie, he is more willing to bargain and negotiate- to play a subtle game here and there to get what he wants.

Bill’s Mars in Capricorn supports that, for him, the end does justify the means. If you watched last night’s finale, then you might have been shocked to learn that Bill had hired thugs to beat Sookie in the beginning of the series. This underhanded maneuver gave Bill the opportunity to feed Sookie his blood- thereby saving her life, enabling him to keep tabs on her, and make her fall in love with him more easily.

Stephen Moyer/Vampire Bill Compton natal chart

Anna Paquin/Sookie Stackhouse natal chart

Bill and Sookie’s Neptune connections with Mars/Pluto and Venus/Pluto point to a “supernatural” love.  They both yearn for a kind of intense love that goes beyond ordinary reality. Anna’s extremely tight natal Mars/Pluto conjunction, exactly sextile Neptune, explains her feistiness and that she wouldn’t be afraid to tangle to the death with supernatural beings. Bill’s configuration hints that he would feel more accepted by the supernatural world while simultaneously thinking they are a devious bunch- but also partaking in that deviousness when it suited his purposes.

Willing to Fight for Love

Stephen and Anna each have a block of planets in Libra – they are heavy into relationship. The romance between Bill and Sookie has a weight and depth to it that makes the Twilight romance seem like child’s play.

Bill and Sookie have a double Moon/Pluto conjunction – her Moon in Virgo conjuncts his Pluto in Virgo and his Moon in Libra conjuncts her Pluto in Libra. The obsession that the characters Bill and Sookie have with each other is an obsession that the actors Anna and Stephen have carried over into real life.

There is emotional complexity to their relationship both on screen and off screen. Bill’s Sun, Moon and Jupiter in Libra give him tremendous charm and gallantry, while the squares to natal Mars in Capricorn make him a bit old-fashioned – and determined. Sookie’s Mars, Saturn and Pluto conjunction in Libra makes her a fierce competitor in relationship and she would likely, literally, stop at nothing to fight for the one she loves, in a television series or in real life.

Bill and Sookie True blood

Feeling Safe Enough to Be Vulnerable

Stephen Moyer’s Mars in Capricorn is exactly opposite Anna Paquin’s North Node in Cancer, and also opposite her Venus in Cancer. In the series, Stephen’s character Bill demonstrates a strong protective instinct toward Sookie. Bill’s desire to protect Sookie makes her feel safe enough to be vulnerable in love. Sookie’s tender vulnerability is also what makes her withdraw and put on a show of hard impenetrability whenever she feels that Bill has betrayed her trust. Sookie holds onto her romantic hurts and may find it more and more difficult to open up to love with each one.

As the series has progressed she has become more critical and fault-finding toward Bill, when in the beginning he could do nothing wrong. Sookie’s natural Virgo Moon is showing through. Fortunately Bill has Venus in Virgo which means that he both loves her goody-two-shoes emotional responses, and that she probably does make him want to “be a better man.”

Tags: , ,

Working on it!

15 Responses to “True Blood: The Astrology of Bill & Sookie”

1. Astrology Unboxed says:

Hi Michelle:

Good analysis of how the natal charts of actors show up in the characters they play. It is a fascinating subject, at least to me :).
    It does not surprise me that both Sookie/Bill & Anna/Stephen have a strong Pluto connection. The both do an excellent job of making vampires look sexy, attractive and fascinating and in a whole way, more human.
    I always thought Vampires fit the perfectly as the archetype for Pluto (even wrote a post about it – http://astrologyunboxed.com/2010/06/24/vampires-and-the-plutonian-archetype/).
    as you can infer, I am big fan of both the show and the books and can’t wait until next summer for season 4.

2. Astrology Unboxed says:

Thanks :DI think Anna and Stephen manage to keep the vampire allure while making the relationship grounded and believable. Thank you for the link to your post- I look forward to reading it :)I’m excited for season 4 too. I thought season 3 was very strong right up until about episode 9. After that it was still strong, but it started waning a little. I really hope they stay true to the story line and keep the momentum going. I’d hate to see True Blood start running around in circles like LOST did.

• jeremy says:

I would agree that Pluto be the singular strongest planet regarding Vampires. Tho other are too aspects of the Vampire..

I haven’t studied too many vampire astrology charts, have you Jeremy?

3. Bbknot says:

Interesting piece. I have to correct one thing though….it was never said that Bill hired the Rattray’s to beat on Sookie only that he didn’t stop it until necessary.

Hm…that’s not the way I heard it, but I’d have to watch the episode again to make sure. Maybe I didn’t correctly hear what Eric said.

I love True Blood, I’m actually excited to see what happens to Tara, I’m proud of her for finally picking up and finding her own path, with a new ‘do to boot! I’d love to see you do a little bit on each character. My favorite character strangely enough is Eric! After seeing his relationship with Godric I know that below that cold front is a lot of love and passion, I’d like to see him hook up with Sookie…I feel like she needs someone who isn’t as protective as Bill, especially now that she’s starting to reign in her fae powers. Could you do a lil snapshot on Eric/Pam?

Could you do a lil snapshot on Eric/Pam?
      That’s a fabulous idea :D I think I’ll add in Godric too. Eric is so smoking hot it’s not even funny- and I don’t even like blonds normally.

5. Neptunz says:

Good good… would like to see more about people in real world with good analysis of how the planets connected.

Sounds like a good idea- plus, it’s fun :D I’m glad you liked the analysis.

This is a test for disqus

7. Thomas Baker63 says:

So would a Venus TRINE Pluto Sextile Neptune be even more of a ‘supernatural attraction’?

Maybe – or maybe just a pronounced longing for that kind of obsessive attraction.

• Thomas Baker63 says: