Quintiles and Biquintiles

blue crystalsThe quintile and biquintile are based on the division of a 360° circle by multiples of five. A quintile occurs between two planets that are 72° apart and the biquintile occurs between two planets that are 144° apart. If you keep dividing a 360° circle by multiples of five you will also find the vigintile (18°), decile (36°) and tredecile (108°).

From Aspects in Astrology by Sue Tompkins,

…a quintile will not only say something about an individual’s personal style but also the style and technical quality of their creative work. …The quintile series is strongly emphasized in the charts of people who are preoccupied with making, forming, linking and arranging things.

In some ways the quintile series has associations with Virgo and Mercury.

Being drawn to a particular way of linking information ideas together can indicate an obsession with a particular subject matter.

In Horoscope Symbols Robert Hand writes that the quintile series,

…seem to grant the ability to turn creative inspiration into concrete end products. …the quintile and the biquintile, the two most powerful aspects in this group, appear to be extremely so, perhaps more than all the three series aspects except for the trine.

The three series includes the sextile, trine, semisextile and quincunx. The obsessional quality of the quintile series also points to an association with Pluto. The ability to take disparate elements and combine them into a cohesive style shows a kind of translation, or even transformation, of information- all information- audio, visual, taste, etc…

Unlike other aspects, the quintile series doesn’t seem to be inherited. The quintiles are unique gifts and ways of linking information, ideas and concepts that are entirely your own. However, the presence or absence of quintiles doesn’t show whether a person will be creative, or whether that person will actually produce creative work.

Insight into the number five from tarot

mirror ballsThe quintiles show the ability to connect information in a unique way. They imply a preoccupation with a way of connecting information. In the book Tarot Constellations: Patterns of Personal Destiny Mary K Greer writes that fives have specialized knowledge and the ability to communicate that knowledge in a particular style. Fives translate information and make it understandable to the general public. Fives are also concerned with teaching and learning. They absorb and pass on information and knowledge.

If you have a quintile series aspect, you may be actively learning about your quintile energy, or you may be actively teaching that energy to other people. Greer mentions that fives often become authorities on what they have learned and become teachers and guides on that understanding. Quintiles may point to particular energy qualities that you can use to guide other people.

The difference between quintiles and biquintiles

The quintile is a step between the sextile (60°) and the square (90°). The biquintile is a step between the sesquiquadrate (135°) and the quincunx (150°).

The quintile is wedged between the opportunity to develop a talent (sextile) and creative crisis (square) while the biquintile sits between uncomfortable dissonance (sesquiquadrate) and the need for adjustment (quincunx).

The biquintile seems to show a greater urgency to let go, or spread, an idea or style before changing it or moving on to something else. The quintile seems filled with more expectation and excitement, but less urgency.

Tags: ,

69 Responses to “Quintiles and Biquintiles”

This a bit for my head to handle, but I’m happy you’re discussing it! I have 4 Quintiles in my chart (all rather tight actually)
    Mercury (11th House Sag) Quintile Jupiter (2nd House Aqua)
    Saturn (11th House Sag) Quintile Jupiter (2nd House Aqua)
    Neptune (1st House Cap) Quintle MC (Libra)
    Pluto (10th House Scorpio) Biquintile Chiron (6th house Gemini)

I do have a lot of energy & excitement invested in expanding and growing through organizations/ groups I enjoy and a lot of hope & excitement in Money, Career, learning out to be financially secure and leading a prosperous career. Its pretty much what drives me at the moment. Learning how to be an adult, putting money in savings, looking into investing in property etc. None of this has actually occured, but its where my mind goes occasionally. I’m excited about being secure :)

Not sure about Pluto/Chiron though. Thoughts.

I thought I was keeping it fairly simple. I like the idea of the Saturn/Jupiter quintile being related to long term goals and money, being in the 11th and 2nd. I looked at number of different charts for this article, but it was just too complicated to include the. One was J K Rowling (Harry Potter author, I’m sure you know). She has Neptune in the 1st biquintile Jupiter in the 8th. There’s a real emphasis on epic fantasy. I noticed quite a few people who had (bi)quintiles from the first house forged a very clear point of view about a particular topic. Another was Carl Jung who had Saturn in the 1st (I forget which planet it quintiles).Pluto biquintile Chiron could show a style of deep or powerful healing. That’s an aspect that could tie into your Chinese medicine training (was it acupuncture?)

You’re probably right about the Pluto-Chiron aspect. (It is Acupuncture & Herbology, thanks for remembering :) ) I think I’ve always looked for ways to heal myself, astrology being my first healer, followed by other occult sciences, reading, studying family psychology in undergrad to heal my own wounds there, and now in medicine. In healing myself I learn ways to heal others, and not surprisingly its related to career (Scorpio Pluto in 10th) and work/healing (6th house Chiron) I hope I can heal others as deeply as I’ve managed to heal myself :)

That sounds right. I found your chart and saw that you also have Mars conjunct Pluto in Scorpio- a powerful physical force that you can siphon off into healing activities.

2. Zodiacal_macaw_1210 says:

Again, thank you for posting this post :)

I definitely learned a lot from this post. I was told that a quintile and a bi-quintile were all the same but this disproves that case (well, not entirely but you get what I mean).

Yeah :D I don’t think I proved or disproved anything, but my guess from looking at celeb charts is that there is a slight difference.

3. Zodiacal_macaw_1210 says:

Out of bi-quintiles and quintiles, this is what I have (and think it means, so please correct me if I’m wrong):

(2nd House Aquarius) Moon bi-quintile (9th House Virgo) Jupiter
    (10th House Libra) Venus quintile (1st House Sagittarius) Neptune
    (9th House Virgo) Jupiter bi – quintile (2nd House Aquarius) Juno
    (1st House Sagittarius) Saturn quintile (11th House Scorpio) Pluto

If I read this article right, with the Moon bi-quintile Jupiter, deals with a sense of urgency to let go or to spread an idea or style with how I manage my emotions and intuition with philosophies and what I’ve been taught.

According to another post I saw, Venus quintile Neptune means, “You are a gifted artist and a deeply compassionate and spiritual person, bringing an ethereal quality to all of your artistic expressions. You are naturally attuned to dreams, symbolism and mythology, and have an exceptional talent for capturing the imagination of your listeners as you tell stories or elucidate your vision. You may be very glamorous or mysterious, and are definitely gracious and kind” (with the fact that Venus is in my MC and Neptune in my ASC, does that mean that my works will impact society and represent who I am?) while that same article that said that Saturn quintile Pluto means, “You are masterful at wielding power and holding positions of authority. It is very likely that you will gravitate to executive positions and/or amass great wealth. You have an uncanny business instinct. You are highly sensitive and perceptive, and you penetrate to the essence of whatever or whomever you direct your attention to. Despite being of a rather serious and intense temperament, you can utilize surprise, play and creativity to great effect, which makes you an excellent leader or teacher. You may be gifted in the physical sciences.”

As far as Juno bi-quintile Jupiter, I’m guessing I have creative energy concerning how I attract good luck and fortune when I’m in a committed relationship (?).

• Zodiacal_macaw_1210 says:

I also have Pallas Athene (11th House Scorpio) quintile Psyche (9th House Virgo). So does that mean that I have creativity concerning strategy and healing of the mind?

It certainly could. I would absolutely keep quintiles between asteroids to a 1 degree orb or less- is this a close one?

• Zodiacal_macaw_1210 says:

Well, lol, the quintile between Pallas Athene and Psyche is as tight as you can get it, 0 degrees.

Venus is in my MC and Neptune in my ASC

Are Venus and Neptune actually conjunct those points, or just in the 1st and 10th? Venus/Neptune does point to artistic gifts, but also a style of relating that’s more spiritually than physically oriented.

It seems like quite a few people have Saturn quintile Pluto- I have it. I think, like most things in astrology, it depends on the rest of your chart. Saturn/Pluto can also mean a style of tight control. Whether or not that style of tight control actually leads to great wealth depends on how much effort you’re willing to put into it, and how focused you can stay. I would think Saturn/Pluto would also give a style of transformation within narrow channels.
      How tight is that Juno/Jupiter bq?

• Zodiacal_macaw_1210 says:

My Venus doesn’t conjunct to my Midheaven, it’s in the Midheaven, same goes with Neptune in the Ascendant.

And I like your perspective with the Saturn quintile Pluto, since Saturn is concerned with restriction and limitation and Pluto is concerned with radical change.

As far as how tight the Jupiter bi-quintile Juno is, it’s -1 degrees so it too is a tight aspect.

Jupiter/Juno probably also has something to do with jealousy/commitment issues. You could have a way of being “bigger” than petty jealousy, maybe laughing off lapses in judgment- that’s a big “maybe” !

• Zodiacal_macaw_1210 says:

One of my exes did tell me that I take things over the top. When it comes to jealousy, I do have my jealousy “pangs and bouts” but I try not to let them get to me but I don’t ignore my hunches and intuitions so maybe that’s part of the lapses in judgment. I’ve never had problems with commitment and keeping my word but when I sense that there isn’t any more passion or it’s becoming stale, I break off the relationship (I don’t believe in wasting time in matters of the heart).

4. Idan says:

Intresting….
    I have venus quintile my north node(NN in 5th house) and moon quintile uranus.
    Thoose aspects are really intresting…

• Idan says:

Very close, just 1 degree diference.

Thanks for the post. I’m a newbie to studying Astrology and I haven’t really read anything on Quintiles and Biquintiles – so this is very interesting.

I looked at my chart and found that I have 3 Quintiles listed.

Jupiter (4th H Sag) Quintile Mars (6th H Aqu) 73 degrees apart
    Neptune (4th H Sag) Quintile N. Node (6th H Aqu) 71 degrees apart
    Moon (10th H Gem) Quintile Chiron (8th H Aries) 70 degrees apart

Any ideas on how to interpret these aspects?

Could the first be (bringing in the terms listed above) – Being excited and being filled with more expectations concerning working from home? This could fit since I recently came to the conclusion that this is what I should be doing and it only took me almost 21 years to figure this out! Talk about less urgency.

Any feedback would be most appreciated! Thanks!

That sounds like a very good interpretation of your first quintile. I imagine you would have a great deal of enthusiasm for working from home. Does Saturn aspect either Jupiter or Mars?

Saturn in the 10th is opposite my Jupiter.

You’re welcome for reading – I enjoy learning from your site!

That Saturn opposition probably helps give a bigger sense of commitment. Jupiter/Mars by itself might offer short-lived enthusiasm.

6. firetiger says:

i have mercury and venus quintile my MC and moon biquintile pluto— i would say that i definitely have my own way of expressing myself to other people whether it be through a different (and a little bit ‘matter of fact’ ) point of view and the way i socialize with people.. i take pride in that. as for moon biquintile pluto ~ i would say that in terms of my emotions i now take the time to feel them completely then start a ‘destroy and rebuild’ process where i get to the truth of my own motivations and source of emotions, tiggers, etc. it’s important for me to that in order to grow and move on.

That such a great way to describe your Moon/Pluto bq.

Hi Michelle – This is a great post; I think you’ve explained these aspects very well and really appreciate you passing along this information. I have a few quintiles and biquintiles (won’t bore you with all of them) and I think the descriptions you’ve shared pretty much sum them up.

For instance, I have Sun (Libra/2nd) biquintile Mars (Gemini/9th), with Uranus (Leo/12th) quintile them both. I seem to have the ability to perceive (and translate) information that others miss (Uranus in the 12th), and then research/communicate the truth (Mars in the 9th) in a way that results (thanks to the urgency of the biquintile) in practical results (Sun in the 2nd). I’m always making “connections” and love to pass along the specifics of what I’ve learned – which often contradict what we’ve been led to believe.

I also have this weird talent for organizing, decorating and design. I can make things fit just because they need to; my closets and drawers look like a professional organizer did them, and in fact, I’ve been paid to organize the spaces of others. Obsessed with organization? Um, yea maybe. :)

Recently I became aware of an ability to channel energy through my hands which resulted in my becoming a Reiki practitioner (still a rookie, though). Asteroid Reiki (in Leo/11th almost conjunct Uranus/12th) is quintile my Mars (0 degrees). I think this relates to the transformation you mentioned; in this case, it’s the transformation (and relaying) of universal energy.

I remember you mentioned you did emergency work the quintiles from Uranus to Mars and the Sun must have helped with that.

I love the way you explain your aspects.

Wonderful post! Since I am pretty new to astrology, I must admit that I struggle when it comes to putting forth my own delineations, but I thought I would try my hand at it. Feel free to offer your own interpretations of these quintile aspects.

The following can be found in my natal chart:

1. Sun in Virgo (2H) bi-quintile Jupiter in Aquarius (6H) –orb of 1
    2. Moon in Scorpio (4H) bi-quintile Saturn in Cancer (11H) – orb of 1
    3. Moon in Scorpio (4H) bi-quintile Chiron in Aries (9H) – exact
    4. Mercury in Virgo (2H) bi-quintile Jupiter in Aquarius (6H) – orb of 2
    5. Saturn in Cancer (11H) quintile Chiron in Aries (9H) – orb of 1

possible interpretations:

1. An eagerness to spread my values of tolerance and love of diversity to others.
    2. A tendency to restrain the emotions in service of meeting responsibilities &
    obligations to friends and family or using intense emotions to creatively fulfill responsibilities to others; perhaps feeling responsible for the intense emotions of friends and family and protecting those emotions.
    3. Healing intense emotional wounds thru the acquisition and dissemination of knowledge.
    4. Thinking about and practically, logically communicating about the good fortune that can come from being tolerant, fair, inventive, impartial and cooperative; and/or writing about these values & traits.
    5. Urgency to try to find a creative way to balance responsibilities to my friends and family and my divine need to obtain a sense of identity and purpose thru spirituality, religion, philosophy, education .

Thoughts?

I’m thrilled that you decided to delineate your own aspects.
      These are just extra ideas to add to what you already wrote.
      2. Your strong feelings blend with a style of cautious reserve when it comes to emotional expression.
      3. Authentic emotional expression that blends with direct perception of people’s sore spots. Cutting through emotional bullshit and directly addressing people’s pain.
      5. A sense of emotional responsibility that makes you impatient to heal.

Thanks for your useful input. I’m not very good at this yet, but your blog has been very helpful in helping me piece this all together. :-)

9. Heidi says:

Venus in my chart sits entirely unaspected with other planets (Gemini 4th house), besides a biquintile with Pluto (Scorpio 8th house).
    Sometimes I wish to knock on Venus’s door and ask “hallooo is anyone even there?” since it’s such loner! I think PIuto bQ Venus might be an all-or-nothing aspect in all ways, even highly critical in selection of partners or having paranoia of being attached. I’m beginning to think it’s an old maid aspect. Any insights?

I have Saggi Saturn and Uranus (both 10th house) Quintile my Ascendant. I am creative in erratically innovating and limiting my personality…I think, but then again Pisces Ascendants are known to have chameleon-like personas.

3rd House Taurus Jupiter Quintile my North Node. It makes me happy, I feel like it’s a bouncy aspect since N.Node is destiny and life path. And Jupiter in 3rd house, perhaps I can push people (through writing?) to think out of their box?

I can see how the bq from Venus and Pluto in Scorpio in the 8th would give an all or nothing feeling to your love life.

I wouldn’t think that Jupiter would push other people, especially not Jupiter in Taurus. It could be that your comfort level with writing and the joy it gives you helps you along your path. Where is your North Node?

• Heidi says:

“It could be that your comfort level with writing and the joy it gives you helps you along your path. Where is your North Node?” Ah yes yes, you touched upon a heartstring of mine that I never noticed. Thank you for that :)
        My N.Node is in Pisces, it conjuncts my ascendant widely, about 6 degrees.

I have read here http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13644 that quintiles/biquintiles could be read as a outwardly manifesting trine to people encountering the native but to the native who has the quintile they are often not aware of those qualities, so it feels more like a sextile.

10. Robin D says:

I have 8 Quintiles and 2 biquintiles.
    I’m not sure what I think .

Most I can only guess on….

Pluto Descendant Crescent + 3 ° 56 ‘ Quintile 75 ° 56 ‘ – Psychological transformation through relationships? or maybe I transform people I’m in relationships with in creative ways?

Venus Midheaven Crescent – 2 ° 40 ‘ Quintile 69 ° 20 ‘- Creativity /art and charm in my career?

Venus Jupiter Full – 0 ° 25 ‘ Biquintile 215 ° 35 ‘-
    You have a keen appreciation for good art and you may have a strong interest in cultural activities or entertainment. You appreciate and support creativity and the arts. Sports, games, and other entertainments can be very happy affairs, but you may avoid sports when the emphasis is on competition and discipline rather than creativity and amusement.

North Node Saturn Last Quarter – 4 ° 38 ‘ Quintile 283 ° 22 ‘- spirtual transformation through wisdom and responsibility?

Sun Ascendant Full – 0 ° 48 ‘ Biquintile 215 ° 12 ‘- Creative self expression?

Sun Moon Last Quarter – 3 ° 17 ‘ Quintile 284 ° 43 ‘- You love creativity. You take great delight in clever and creative works and in games. Even in your later years, this trait keeps you young, and you don’t easily become bored because you find life so interesting.

Sun Nadir Last Quarter – 0 ° 32 ‘ Quintile 287 ° 28 ‘- Creative self expression at home?

Moon Ascendant Last Quarter + 2 ° 29 ‘ Quintile 290 ° 29 ‘- Emotions creatively expressed through appearance?

Mars Nadir Last Quarter – 3 ° 11 ‘ Quintile 284 ° 49 ‘- Drive expressed creatively in the home? Creative energy flow in the home?

Jupiter Midheaven Last Quarter – 3 ° 05 ‘ Quintile 284 ° 55 ‘- Not sure?

If anyone has any suggestions on how to interpret my aspects, please feel free to say something…thank you:-)

Thank you Michelle for creating this article:-)

I think you did a good job interpreting these Qs and BQs. For the nadir, it’s more than just home, it’s your psychological home base and your roots. So, with the Sun you might have a way of expressing the root, or essence of who you are in everything you do.

• Joyrjw says:

Thank you for the compliment.
      I definitely wasn’t sure of myself with this. :-)

I had forgotten that I had been here.
      I’ve been all over the place lately.lol!

Yes, that makes sense…Sun Quintile Nadir…. I think the way you define it
      gives it more significance. :-)

I always thought that there was more to the Nadir than just “home” , there seems to be
      than just …home.
      and now you’ve confirmed
      it more so for me…..Very Cool.

there seems to be a more subconscious and spiritual property to it, at least too me., it seems more beautiful to me
        than just …home.

I completely agree.

:D

Here’s what I got:

1) 8th House Aries Sun Quintile 10th House Gemini Jupiter
    2) 3rd House Scorpio Neptune Quintile Virgo Ascendant
    3) 1st House Virgo Uranus/Pluto conjunction Quintile 10th house Cancer Vesta
    4) 7th house Pisces Saturn/Mercury/Chiron conjunction Quintile Gemini Midheaven

OK I’m a bit stumped with this though I just realized that all of these involve the angular houses. My 4th house is empty but Jupiter rules it.

I haven’t covered any of those aspects yet in the Planet/Planet Aspect series, but when I do, the quintile will have some of the same feeling.

Are you a lot more talkative at work?

Looking back as I’m currently not employed, yes I am. However the “talkativeness” has only come about in the last 7-8 years. My internet presence I consider my avocation now, is definitely a reflection of my increased level of communication. I like to share knowledge that sparks transformation in ways of doing things.

Planets and points aspecting the Ascendant and Midheaven are not covered that much so I guess that’s why I’m having a hard time grasping them since the quintile reflects an innate talent.

Yes…I would expect a certain expansiveness and generosity in the way you communicate information that has transformational potential.

Some of my goals for blog content this year include covering aspects to the angles.

13. Phil Covitz says:

Please correct the typo on your page– dividing the circle by 20 yields a vigintile aspect, not a “virgintile.”

Thank you for pointing that out Phil – fixed.

mars is quantile to juno and it is one of my tight aspect.

Maybe you are aggressive in pursuing a marriage partner.

yes i am. i dont know why but i have this inner desire to partner and to be with a man. and guess what 28 years of my life, the longest relationship ive had is barely 2 years. just recently, i found out that my ex bf got married. it was last feb 2 when venus hit my juno at exactly 28 deg sagitarrius. it was square uranus. this guy is a muslim and obviously our relationship is complicated because his family wants the same etc etc. i cried for 2 days. =( we both know that we could have a future but things got complicated. now my instincts is telling me that he made a mistake. its confusing because how can venus create such bad news. is venus suppose to make thing beautiful?

Venus may want things to be beautiful but it just doesn’t always work out that way.

15. Tc says:

Interesting! I have two quintiles in my chart: Venus in Libra (7th house) quintile Jupiter in Sagittarius (Jupiter is right smack on my midheaven, so I guess Venus is quintile that too) and Mars in Virgo (7th) quintile Uranus in Sagittarius (9th). Both are very close (1 degree). I’ll have to think more about how to interpret them, because even with your excellent insights, I’m still a little stumped. Thanks for this post, though! Most astrology sites don’t bother addressing minor aspects, but it seems like any connections between planets are important.

16. Mert says:

İ have Jupiter(6th Leo) Bi-Quintile Uranus (11th Capricorn) with 0.07 orb :S
    and mars Bi-quintile Neptune
    what can they mean?

Check out the Mars/Neptune post for possible meanings for Mars/Neptune. I’ll get to Jupiter/Uranus eventually. Do you have any ideas about what it means for you?

17. Aycelina says:

I have Venus quintile Mars, moon biquntile venus, Venus quntile uranus, Venus quntile pluto,, moon quntile pluto also…

I’ve discovered several quintile/biquintile aspects in my natal chart:

1. Venus (Pisces, 5th house) Biquintile Pluto (Libra, 1st house)

2. Mars (Pisces, 5th house) Biquintile Pluto (Libra, 1st house)

3. Neptune (Sagittarius, 3rd house) Biquintile Chiron (Taurus, 8th house)

4. Moon (Aries, 6th house) biquintile Part of Fortune (Virgo, 11th house)

5. Neptune (Sagittarius, 3rd house) Quintile Ascendant (Libra)

6. Chiron (Taurus, 8th house) Biquintile Ascendant

7. Sun (Aquarius, 4th house) Biquintile Midheaven (Cancer)

However, I can distinctly feel only the first three aspects, especially the biquintiles made from Pluto to my Venus and Mars. Later I will write more about my perception of them…

And I think that Neptune in the 3rd  bq Chiron in the 8th helps me to transcend the pain and vulnerability connected with the 8th house matters in a Neptunian way – through unconditional love, forgiveness, spirituality, letting go of my ego, and selflessly helping the others to heal their own deep emotional wounds, often in a form of speaking and writing with them about their problems, and using the transformational (8th house) power of words (3rd house)…
    Besides that, this aspect also helps me to let go of the excessive attachment to the 3-dimensional physical world (Taurus) and find a new meaning in pursuing less tangible, spiritual and idealistic goals (Sagittarius).

Unfortunately, I’m still quite unaware of the effects of the quintile/biquintile aspects made to the angles and points of my natal chart – but I hope to find an answer one day!

Well said!

I especially like this.

You write beautifully.

Thank you so much Michelle!

I’ve been reading your blog since a couple of months but only now I finally dare to share some of my own thoughts and observations!

I instantly got fascinated with your writing style, it’s like some beautiful stream of consciousness!
        So I became inspired to respond to your articles!

P.S. Please excuse me for some possible mistakes – English is not my mother tongue, and I’ve been out of practice for quite a while…

beautiful stream of consciousness!
          Thank you!

19. meow says:

Hi, Michelle. Cool article again, although I must say I am not particularly feeling it..
    “a quintile will not only say something about an individual’s personal
    style but also the style and technical quality of their creative work.
    …The quintile series is strongly emphasized in the charts of people who
    are preoccupied with making, forming, linking and arranging things.”

I am very scattered, never found organizing and aranging natural. Dunno about forming or linking..it’s been almost a decade since I enjoyed being creative.
    I have Venus quintile Uranus, Venus quintile Moon, and Moon-Mars-Jupiter biquintile Uranus.

Those are the words of another astrologer, a well-respected one, so I can’t particularly argue with it.

Did you read the most recent post about quintiles? http://astrofix.net/2011/06/28/quintile-and-biquintile-quirks/

20. Nige_moon_man says:

Hi. I have an interest in astrology that began in 1984, mainly because I have an identical twin brother and we are completely different – like chalk and cheese.

We were born only 25 minutes apart but this makes it that my twin has a leo Ascendant of 27degreess and I have a virgo ascendant of 0.32degrees.

I am a fitness fanatic, health concious type of person and have even written a book to help other people live better and become happier – but my brother has only managed to became a drug addict, adictive smoker of 40+ a day and quite old before his time.

I have always thought that our different ascendants were the main reason for our differences until today.

Today I checked my astrology chart once again (I’ve probably looked at it a million times) concentrating on my closest aspects and I noticed one that I have always disregarded/ignored/overlooked becuase it just seemed so minor — = I have a Moon biquintile Ascendant which is 0.07degrees apart.

When I surfed the internet and found pages (like this one) about this aspect I realised that although minor it could be quite big for me, much more than I ever thought before – this aspect could well be a major difference between my brother and myself.

Ive always regarded my moon as unaspected and a problem area for me. Is it possible that such a minor aspect between my moon and ascendant could actually be my main driving force in life???

Everthing that I have read about this aspect sounds like me!!!…

For anyone interested I was born in Swansea, Wales, Uk, on the 16th of August 1965 at 6:50am.

I also have an interesting retrograde mercury conjunct my sun with good aspects to Jupiter and mars. My brothers ruling planet is the sun and mine is mercury!

The retrograde mercury I have in my 12th house makes a lot of sense to me: I definitely view the world differently to most people and am a deep thinker (I can be quite insightful), it’s explaining to people through speech (I seem to have a blockeage there) which has always been very difficult for me, only through writing can I can fully explain myself.

Having different ascendants makes a big difference. Not only are your ruling planets different, but there’s a good chance that the rest of your house rulers are different too. The biquintile certainly helps your Moon find an outlet for expression.

• Nige_moon_man says:

one twin is always the ruler and the other one the follower, guess which one I was ?

• Nige_moon_man says:

I have a bi-quintile from my moon to my Ascendant, it is almost exact at 0.07 deg – this is my strongest aspect.

I was suprised to find Hitler has a lot of bi-quintiles and quintiles and a golden yod.

I saw that his moon is at 6.37 Capricorn Bi-quintile his Neptune at 0.51 gemini.

My moon is 6.39 Aries bi-quintile my Ascendant at 0.32 virgo.

My bi-quintile aspect is my inner core and the driving force of my life.

My second strongest aspect is my bi-quintile between Mars and chiron at 0.08 deg.

I’ve watched footage of Hitler’s life for the past few days and have studied and analized him.

Until now I have always regarded Hitler as an insane lunatic who was completely hell bent on mass murder – cold and calculated.

Hitler’s sun is at taurus 0.49. same degree and with my ascendant 0.32 virgo making a close trine.

When I studied the video footage of Hitler, I used my moon/ascendant
      bi-quintile to look inside of him. Even just from camera footage I can
      do this (I only have to talk to people and I can see inside of them).

I saw an unexpected results from hitler.

He was a mass murderer, hell-bent on ethnic cleansing. He also got away with a lot of behavior that shouldn’t have been tolerated by anyone.

• Kate says:

re: Hitler
        think about the planets in combination
        Saturn quintile Neptune
        Saturn/Neptune biquintile his Moon Jupiter conjunction
        mass destruction/dissolution/suffering
        directed (*point* of his golden yod) toward a large populace

creation or destruction

21. concept09 says:

excellent entry. I currently have 2 quintles:

saturn quintile midheaven
    mercury quintile jupiter

for me, saturn quintile mc is that my long term efforts, perseverance, seriousness and obstinate nature to achieve something can prevail, gradually being rewarded and becoming successful. When I was training to be a hairdresser this was exact attitude I had set forth, the amount of creative work I produced just by this quintile was great.

at the same time  mercury quintile jupiter is a very obvious one for me, my mercury is in the the 8th house and my jupiter is in the 5th, so, for me researching, learning, expanding my horizons, communications, philosophies – i seem to have this knack of just educating people and sharing my knowledge on that front, in addition to researching …expand on that front, sharing it with others.

however michelle your input on my interpretation would be fantastic.

i have one bi-quintile moon bi-quintile mars (moon 1st house, mars in 8th house)

i am not quite sure what this means,

Unfortunately I’m not doing individual interpretations on the blog. However, I am considering writing a series of posts exploring each quintile/biquintile combination.

22. Black Hand Ninja says:

Interesting!

I have no quintiles, but I have 2 biquintiles in my chart. They both make sense considering the way that I operate.
    Sun biquintile Mars and Moon biquintile Venus.

23. Accelnano says:

Mercury in Libra (2nd house) quintile Uranus in Saggitarius (end of 4th house, near to 5th house) , aspect less than a degree
    Mercury in Libra (2nd house) quintile Venus in Leo (12th house), aspect is close to a degree
    Venus in Leo (12th house) biquintile Uranus in Saggitarius (end of 4th house, near to 5th house), aspect is around a degree and 30 minutes.

This aspect I think have something to do with artistic talent!? Or can I combine the aesthetic and technical parts of certain objects, scene in order to understand and communicate it properly!? I think my sense of beauty is quite weird, and I need to appreciate the beauty behind an ideas, works, having a very “alien” imagination, thinking in order to understand it better!?

24. Monalisa says:

I’ve got three: Venus Quintile MC Orb 0°18′, Sun Quintile Mars Orb 0°37′, Mercury Quintile Pluto Orb 0°44′.

Sun in Capricorn (8th)
    Mars in Libra (6th)
    Venus in Scorpio (7th)
    Mercury in Capricorn (9th)
    Pluto in Scorpio (6th)
    MC in Aquarius

I’d love some insight!

M

• Rose says:

Sun quintile Mars means that your inner will (Sun) can be creatively expressed with your aggression and drive (Mars) combining them together gives the individual a strong will. Especially in sports and any form of physical activity. This can be an outlet for you.

Mercury quintile Pluto adds depth and insight into your mind. You can be engrossed in whatever subject (like literacy or astrology) and you’ll be able to discover anything, It makes you a good researcher (especially on things that you’ll be able to penetrate deeply into) and it is likely that you’ll be very in-depth.

I really like those aspects. Especially the Mercury-Pluto one. I’d be great if I can get into the depth of any subject. But anyways, I hope this helped you :) This is just what I had in mind.