Mars/Saturn Aspects

mars saturn aspectsHolding back energy. Holding yourself in check. Holding back aggression. Restricted force. Limited. Tightly controlled physical actions. A narrow channel in which to act. Cock block. Obstacles to action. Obstacles in your path. Rage from feeling limited. Feeling that you have limited effect on your world. Having grown up being told what not to do. Growing up constantly being told “No.” Fear-based self-control. Feeling limited in what you are capable of accomplishing. Limited achievements. Limited victories. Victory through hard work. Accomplishment through hard work. True grit. Making real, hard won achievements. Steady effort. Disciplined effort. Understanding the definition of masculinity. Understanding the definition of bravery. Staying the course. Feeling that your efforts go unacknowledged. Feeling that there is a big “NO” to confront every time you want to do something. “That’s not how do do it.”

Feeling that you are always dealing with problems. Understated force. Physical strain. Physical stress. Physical limitations. Restricted energy flow. Hardened. Rigid, mechanical actions. Feeling that you have limited choices. Anger with authority figures. Getting aggressive with authority figures. Angry with your father. Violent with older people. Becoming more aggressive as you get older. Learning how to act like an authority. Learning what it means to act like an authority. Conservative actions. Exercise routines. Police officers. Hating police officers. Going from fighting authority figures to becoming an authority figure. Working class heroes. Few opportunities to go for it. Timeless bravery. Fighting for the establishment. Fighting against the establishment. Fighting against your father.

emma watson as hermione granger

Hermione knows how to do everything by the book. Emma Watson has Mars 26 Aquarius 04′ semisextile Saturn 25 Capricorn 02′

Classic gentlemen. Codes of conduct. Traditional masculine roles. Adult behavior. Acting older than your age. Maturing early. Resisting maturity. Resisting aging. Fighting against getting older. Fighting against parental figures. Feeling that there are rules of behavior. There are rules for how men should act. There are rules for what you should and should not be doing. Acting within certain parameters. Being able to follow rules. The ability to take direction without asking questions. Understanding what the unspoken rules are. Breaking the mold requires tremendous effort. Making the mold. Molding behavior. Setting the rules. Disciplinarians. Attempting to dominate through rules and regulations. Strictness. Hard edges. Sexual discipline. Wanting to tie people up. Serious sex. Adult sex. Sexual desire to be in an authoritative position. Dominatrices. Wanting to be dominated. Wanting to be disciplined. Rules for sex. Setting sexual guidelines. Serious effort. Reliable. Willing to take responsibility no matter how much of a burden. Willing to keep trudging forward. Die Hard. Fulfilling your duty. Keeping order.

Learning to be assertive. Learning to how to get what you want. Attempting to get what you want by following the rules. Doing things in a step by step manner. Following protocol. Establishing guidelines. Pushing past obstacles. Meeting resistance. Developing fortitude. Stripping down to the bare essentials. Getting down to basics. Too frightened to do anything. Feeling caged. Doing things the hard way. Getting what you want is hard. Hard labor. Hard work. Doing hard time. Not knowing what to do with yourself when someone isn’t putting limitations on you. Wanting someone to keep you in line. Needing a coach or trainer. Becoming a coach or trainer. Learning physical discipline. Needing structure, rules and guidelines to achieve your best. Scorched earth. A cold way of acting. Recognizing the need to act- because time is running out. Acute awareness of the reality and consequences of actions. Serious competitors. Real men.

Celebrities with Mars/Saturn aspects

• Bruce Willis: Mars opposite Saturn
  • Matt Damon: Mars trine Saturn
  • Michael Jackson: Mars quincunx Saturn
  • Gregory Peck: Mars semisextile Saturn
  • Denzel Washington: Mars trine Saturn
  • Victoria Beckham: Mars conjunct Saturn
  • Demi Moore: Mars opposite Saturn
  • Charlie Chaplin: Mars square Saturn

Tags: , , ,

63 Responses to “Mars/Saturn Aspects”

1. visions says:

When i read your descritpion i find it quite hard(saturnian word nonetheless) to have this aspect but you said one thing that outdo all other aspect in the zodiac : ” DISCIPLINE” and discipline is the best quality to have for human being since all you want to do can be achieved”scheduled effort throught time thanks your discipline when all others give up before even acting.

However, i think i won’t change my mars trine jupiter for a mars trine saturn because of mars trine jupiter gifts you know” this competition doesn’t need me to be here because everybody knows i will win in the end if i was there…”

I think Mars/ Saturn hard aspects are difficult, but discipline is a great quality to have. Like you said, you can’t achieve much of anything if you don’t have discipline.

2. firetiger says:

agh

I have mars in aquarius sextile saturn in sagittarius at 0 degrees eeek

good group of descriptions…. actually it’s true that i’ve been told NO a lot in life ~ it’s probably my least favorite word .. my whole life i’ve absolutely HATED to hear “Because I said so.” Mannnn just thinking about that gets my nerves bundled up. I asked WHY a lot and i always heard “Because I said so!!” >:O

Luckily the sextile can (and is) used to my advantage. I feel like younger generations got away from putting in the work and getting the results- Everyone is looking for a “get rich quick” scheme .. finding the easy way out. Instinctively this does not work and I am not interested in said methods. I put in the work. I get the results. That’s life. That’s another reason why I love exercising- it’s one of those guarenteed things in life where you put in the work> get the results. It’s physical proof. Working out is extremely important to me in that way. No fad diets. Nothing fake. Just the real deal right here.

Another thing on authority figures. I never did like my teachers much in school. Funny, my mom is a teacher and was always concerned that my teachers and I just never really bonded… 1 or 2 memorable ones but for the most part I didn’t quite take to them. Now I’m a teacher; It still ‘weirds me out’. I chuckle to myself but I really feel quite odd about it. I choose unconventional environments and really try to think out of the box on my methods. I’m experimental. I don’t like referring to how things were done when I was in school- I work on creating my own style so I don’t make students feel like I did when I was in school. Definitely a work in progress.

Another point- I find that I am quite apt at instinctively understanding rules in society, cultures, and interacting with people. There are just some things you DON’T do. That doesn’t make me a follower- it just means I’m mature and respectful.

Lastly- I love that you included REAL MEN. Yes! I find myself constantly referring to “stand up guys” and really the kind of quiet reserve and composure you think of when you come across a really put together grandpa/old man. Someone who’s been around the block and knows what *real* strength is.

Hmmmmm this was longer than usual but I do feel quite close to this. Thanks!

That’s another reason why I love exercising- it’s one of those guarenteed things in life where you put in the work get the results.. Someone else who else this aspect is Arnold Schwarzenegger- Mr. Universe himself (Mars/Saturn/Pluto conjunct).There are just some things you DON’T do. That doesn’t make me a follower- it just means I’m mature and respectful. Yes! I don’t think respecting the rules makes a person a follower either. Some rules are in place for good reason- not just to control people.the kind of quiet reserve and composure you think of when you come across a really put together grandpa/old man.Yes…hard won experience. Writing this I wondered if Saturn/Mars aspects would be higher in war veterans. People who have a very real understanding of war, fighting and bloodshed.

3. Totefee says:

Very good descriptions. I also follow you on Facebook, too.

I have the square between Mars and Saturn. Mars in Aries/1H square Saturn in Capricorn/11H. I have always been told “no” all my life, even when I was little. I did grow up hearing “no” and people tell me how NOT to do something. I was always told i was wrong and I was limited in many aspects of my life. All I wanted to do was explore but no one would let me. Even recently, I was told that I could not do what I wanted to do in life, and I refuse now to listen. I am going to get where I want to be, no matter what anyone says.

That’s a powerful square with Mars angular and both Mars and Saturn in dignity.

I think you have to. Saturn is all about “lessons.” So, if you have Mars in aspect to Saturn then you are learning lessons about exerting your personal will power to do what you want to do. You might meet more resistance, but you can’t let that stop you.

Who are you on fb? I’m trying to make the connections of who people are on the different social networks. A lot of people follow through several channels, but they use a different name on each one so it’s hard to keep track.

4. Joyrjw says:

Hi! This is wonderful to see this….thank you!

I have Mars Square Saturn (about 9’orb)
    Mars Scorpio 5th h./Saturn Leo 2nd-3rd cusp

It’s amazing how much of this rings true.
    I’ve felt restricted and held back by people in one way or another much of my life.
    I look for mutual give and take…balance and flow….and it’s felt nearly impossible to attain.

I imagine that many of your feelings of being held back would be related to the need to express yourself creatively. Is this an applying square?

• Joyrjw says:

Hi Michelle,
        I’m sorry to take so long in replying.
        Is there any way of being notified about comments here?

Anyway…Yes, I used to feel like my creativity was blocked and like I wasn’t creative at all,but with practice and tapping into the child-like playful part of me, now I’m studying to be a Graphic Designer/Artist at 34 years old. (I used to write poetry and short stories but I stopped because I just couldn’t stay with a single story and I would get writers block. lol! I have Gemini/Cancer rising and Mercury in 5th intercepted)I still tend to have problems being creative in public and when I’m stressed…. it’s kind of wierd. I’ve been told that I’m extremely creative/artistic and imaginative. (I have 8 quintiles in my chart)…..It also seems like people want to stand in my way as far as being creative goes… they don’t/didn’t want me to learn or do or attain the resources I need …..That seems to be changing as time goes on as well because I fought for it and I learned to be more assertive. :-)

The square is separating.

If you look just below the comment box at the top you’ll see:

Either option will subscribe you to the comments for an individual post (you can unsubscribe at any time).

Saturn urges you learn how to do your Mars (and how to do your Venus). I think it puts obstacles in your path to test your resolve- how much do you really want to manifest your creativity?

• Joyrjw says:

I get it now,It’s for individual posts. Thank you :-)

I agree with you about what Saturn is doing. It’s a very frustrating thing to have to fight for it,but being artistic/creative as far as goals are concerned has come to me easier education wise than anything else, at least after a little while, I guess I must be learning what I’m supposed to learn because it’s becoming a little easier all the time. I guess it’s meant to be. :-)

By the way, I love your articles/posts.
            Your interpretations are excellent, your’e very talented. :-)

Considering that Pluto moves into the 5th house using whole signs, there are layers of complexity to your creativity issues.

“Layers of complexity” is a good term to use.:-)

• Abella Jucy Arthur says:

I have Mars Square Saturn too.
          Everything you wrote has been true for me as well except not so much on the creative side of things.

“It also seems like people want to stand in my way as far as being creative goes… they don’t/didn’t want me to learn or do or attain the resources I need “. That happens to me too. What do you think causes this?

my mars is conjunct with saturn in libra on 6th house. what does conjunction mean in this? im quite discipline when it comes to my body. i watch what i eat and my physical activity. not sure about work.

Do you keep a pretty strict routine in general?

yep. i practice yoga, dont drink soft drinks etc etc also pluto is there. I use this energy to regenerate myself…

6. Dazzled says:

I have Mars in 1st square Saturn in 10th, seems like most of the people who took the poll got the Square aspect!

I’m very undisciplined though, putting things off till the last minute, habitual late-comer. :(
    “Not knowing what to do with yourself when someone isn’t putting limitations on you.” True true, I look up to authorial figures a lot, and try to be as respectful towards them as possible. Yet it seems that I thrive on limitations, it’s as if I want to test how far I can go past limitations set on me. No limitations is a scary free-floating feeling.

Yes…some people really do thrive when there are obstacles to push against and limitations to work within. Too much freedom leaves too many options and they don’t know what to do.

7. Lili says:

I am especially interested in Mars/Saturn aspects in synastry because in my last relationship of 4 years, his Saturn was on my Mars. Coincidentally it has happened again… my current guy’s Saturn also conjuncts my Mars. And in an earlier relationship before the last one, his Saturn squared my Mars. Incidentally, I also have Sun-conjunct-Saturn in my 7th house, natally.

Do my relationships “hold me back”? Friends have said so. Maybe I need limitations to feel like I am growing or challenging myself…

Perhaps both. Do you have Aries/Capricorn aspects in your chart, or even 1st house/ 10th house aspects?

• Lili says:

Hi Michelle – None of those aspects… No Aries/Capricorn, no 1st/10th aspects.

p.s. I don’t know if this counts… I do have a Nept/Jupiter conjunction at the end of my 1st house (1, 2 deg Sag)which trines my MC (28 deg Cancer)..

Hm…I don’t think those would do it. It’s a mystery. There has to be something in your chart that shows that you continually attract the same type of person.

• Abella Jucy Arthur says:

Yes, it can hold you back BUT you may want to be held back because you have some work to do with that person.

It can be related to taking a LONG time to work through challenging personality issues related to moving forward, getting ahead, etc. that “most people” would break-up over… :)

• Lili says:

Abella – YES! It’s funny that friends often question why I “put up with” certain relationships for so long. To me, I feel like I am not done with that person… there is always potential and things can be worked out. I feel myself growing up, I feel that the relationship teaches & transforms me on some level. With neptune-jupiter in my 1st house, I am also often a hopeful wishful optimist … so I hang in there when “most people” wouldn’t. :)

8. Jara says:

LOL @ “cock block”. Yes. Or “tease”.

Huh, I don’t know if I would have come up with “tease” for this combination. I guess that holding back could be interpreted as teasing.

• Jara says:

The light is dim. The fireplace is roaring. The couple is in the middle of a heavy make-out session on a bearskin rug. Suddenly, one of them remembers that they don’t have a condom. The other one is okay with this because raw feels better anyway. But the heavy fear of pregnancy is like a bucket of hot water thrown into the fireplace. The couple does not have sex.

Guess which person has Mars-Saturn. Guess which person feels teased.

I guess I don’t see that as teasing…I see it as intentional, or unintentional, obstacles to sex. Perhaps the Mars/Saturn person gets more hot and bothered when there are delays or frustrations that prolong the actual sex act. I tend to think of teasing as making advances and pulling back; showing a little, then hiding a little; acting as if you’re interested but having no intention of following through; lavishing interest, then feigning disinterest…behavior like that.

• Lili says:

Ha! Interestingly, my guy (whose Saturn conjuncts my Mars) often says to me: “We thrive when there are obstacles”. We seem to have the best sex when one of us is feeling under the weather… I won’t go into TMI here ;)

9. Zodiacal_macaw_1210 says:

I have a Mars in Sagittarius (12H) sextile Saturn in Aquarius (2H). According to my readings, the sextile and the trine are the easiest aspects for Mars and Saturn (since both planets are malefics). I would say, for the most part, I’m pretty composed and mild-mannered. Would you say with Mars in the 12th and Saturn in the 2nd that my spiritual side knows exactly what it needs to keep order and stability?

I really couldn’t say that without seeing the rest of your chart…Mars in Sagittarius isn’t especially ordered or stable.

10. annjulieann says:

i like this aspect in my chart. I have mars trine saturn which grounds my mars trine pluto. I like saturn contacts and I have good saturn aspects. To me, achievement is only real when you work hard for it through discipline and persistence. Luck to me is just preparation and opportunity.

Saturn aspects are helpful in getting things done :)

11. JChiron says:

I have to go back and look at some of the other aspects you have done. I just realized I have this in a semi sextile by one degree. Mars in Scorpio & Saturn in Sag. I find that I’m usually holding my self in check, especially with my Mars/Pluto conjunction. I grew up in a volatile household, so the last thing I wanted to do was add more fuel to my parents fire. I think it helped and hindered me. Now I’m so reluctant to get into confrontations with anyone even if it may perfectly appropriate, I’m terrified of going too far because my anger has had so long to simmer and grow. I don’t want to react inappropriately.
    I did spend a lot of time angry with my father growing up. I felt that he abused his power a great deal, and I didn’t appreciate the whole “keep the peace” mantra my mom tried to instill in me. If I felt he was in the wrong, he would know it.
    I do like the idea of serious sex, or being dominated during sex. Its kinda like an opportunity to let go of being in control, or controlling the situations. A few moments of liberation if you will. The issue is finding a partner thats on board, lol.
    The guy I’m currently dating is a Double Capricorn with Mars Trine Saturn, very classic Jack Lalane physique…my nickname for him..”The Gentleman” lmao. He’s experienced a lot of the same things you listed. Very Capricorn childhood, working long hours with his parents, which pushed them from poverty into wealth. Now he doesn’t know how to rest or relax. He works out at the gym everyday to move some of his underlying stress & tension or as he says “Its either work out or run the risk of punching someone in the face!” He worked on Christmas Eve & Christmas Day and is now sporting a nasty feverish cold because he refuses to slow down. Hopefully we’ll both learn to relax a little bit.

Thank you for sharing all of that jchiron.

Have you seen the show The Dog Whisperer? When people refuse to stand up to the bully, they make the bully dominant. They let the bully run the show. My grandmother did the same thing with my grandfather, and consequently he made everyone’s life miserable.

Maybe your boyfriend could take an adrenal fatigue support blend. Or, he could balance the workouts with something else that gentler.

13. Timushne says:

I am a new student of astrology, I have Mars Saturn conjunction in 12th house in leo. wow yeah. I am not physically disabled, -yet-, which this aspect also might denote to. I definitely have problems with authority figures, I always had. And heard NO all my life, struggled it all my life and did things my way. (pre-natal eclipse in Aries) Men were generally a disappointment. Depression when happens, is tense. When I get angry I am a 2 year old or an old man. Self assertion had to be learnt. I also have a trine with Neptune with this Mars/Saturn conjunction in 4th..All point to a father issue but i really dont have an issue with him..Thank you for all these aspect wordings, they are really usefull.

Thank you for sharing your experience. What is your ascendant?

• Timushne says:

Hi, it’s virgo. How do you interpret a mars saturn conjunction in 12th in leo, trine with neptune in 4th sag?

What are some of your thoughts?

• Timushne says:

me? that combination is the reason i started studying astrology! When its yourself, i am short of words..Curious what you think

Just wondering if you’ve come to any understanding so far.

Briefly, there are issues with asserting yourself and allowing yourself to feel special. Maybe you shun any kind of acknowledgment or shrug it off when people try to give you a compliment. You might have very strong dreams and a natural way of working with dream states.

• Timushne says:

Michelle thank you. About dreams you are right, I even have a memory of dreams i had when i was a 4 year old. Sometimes I think i should write about these dreams they are so amazing. I am self aware and know that i am dreaming and i talk to myself while dreaming, commenting about the dream to myself its really incredible. My understanding of this aspect is supressed anger everywhere. If i am angry, i used to hardly notice it, and it spreads to everything everywhere..I developed a consciousness about it after several painful expreriences. Peoples compliments just doesnt count for me, that’s true, it just doesnt mean anything to me. It is said that 12th house is 6th of 7th so, might denote to partners illnesses, I have no experience with that yet. I worked on self assertion, and I am getting better at it. It’s not that I can not assert myself, its a fear that if I act, I might kill, not literally but i can cause too much pain on the person. I am trying to find better ways dealing with it but, we are born to a chart..Thank you for your comments.

If I were you, I’d start keeping track of my dreams. They could open new paths of insight into yourself. They might even show you how to express your anger in healthy ways. Have you read my post Strong Dreamers? In it I recommend the dream journal program that I use: http://astrofix.net/2010/08/21/strong-dreamers/

• Timushne says:

14. Ana says:

hello

very interesting things about mars/saturn relation. your article has enlightened me. i have mars square saturn (applying), mars in capricorn, in 8th, ruler of 6th and 11th and saturn in libra, in 5th, ruler of 8th and 9th.

consequences:
    – a violent and ruthless father which always said : “do this because i say so, because I am your father” – he has too mars square saturn
    – in all my outside activities I was good but was always hard to acheive a reputation, a promotion, more money and so on
    – i live with the impression that is hard to get a job (and always obtain a job that is under my qualification and work hard with multiple responsibilities – stressfull)
    – a contant in my life is that my friends always go away (circumstance friends). many of them dissapear without a word, i asked them why and they didn`t respond. it`s more and more hard to get friends but I always have older friends
    – I was aggressive in childhood and adolescence but now I control it very well and manage to make it disappear. I am against all forms of violence, including verbal, can not even kill a fish, and if i am physically attacked, I prefer to run away or get hit, but can not hit.
    – i attract aggressive street situations once or twice a year
    – i am very disciplined (but not strict), make lists (my moon in virgo), i like order and always act upon an aim and a plan and sometimes i have the impression that is the discipline who prevents me to achieve things :)
    – i am very frightened to do things (but not always) and when i start things the obstacle appears immediatly
    – and, as a joke, in 2010 i had the return of saturn which amplified the square. i quit my job because i wanted to move in another country and my moving project was blocked but was bloked even my trying to get another job. now all is bloked too. it`s frustrating but i have a calm part in me who tells me that could be worse.

I am interested in moon/uranus relation, if you can write something about this topic. You did a good thing with this blog. Thank you :)

Ana

15. Nina says:

I have 3rd house Mars in Capricorn square 6th house Saturn in Aries sep 0 degrees 48, which is part of a cardinal grand cross Asc-Mars-Saturn-MC. How lucky can I get?

I am an extremely disciplined person – follow an Ayurvedic diet and I’m a runner (compete in half marathons), also practice pilates & qigong. This is also very frustrating for me. I once read it’s a “driving with the brake on” aspect, which I find to be true. I feel like I can never get ahead, never get what I want out of life. There are huge obstacles in the way of everything I want….endlessly frustrating.

Especially frustrating is my career. I feel like I can’t find the right direction.

I’m always amazed at people who get exactly what they want out of life. I have no clue how to do that.

16. Zoa says:

I’ve found this aspect to be an incredible source of frustration. Like other have said, I can’t seem to get what I want out of life. I’ve always faced limitations, restrictions and I often crash into a big, fat “NO”.

Mars/Saturn/Uranus conjunction in the 6th house is an extremely difficult placement. I put so much energy (Mars), dedication (Saturn) and innovation (Uranus) at work, yet I can’t seem to get ahead of lazier and more irresponsible people who get what they want with no effort.
    Despite my 10th house Jupiter makes only trines (Mars/Saturn/Uranus) and sextiles (Sun, Chiron) I’m not lucky at all.

All my life I’ve had to work hard to get what others can have so easily. Yet, when someone tells me “You can’t do this” I experience this unexplicable drive to prove through hard work and following the rules, that I can. I believe you can’t really accomplish anything without willingness and capacity for hard work. ‘Cause otherwise you are not successful, you are just *lucky*.

I can really feel your frustration. I had a very long progressed aspect of Mars conjunct Saturn in the 10th house. I worked for several companies, put a lot of time and effort into my work, was promised all kinds of promotions and raises and benefits, and ultimately felt totally taken advantage of. Fortunately, that aspect is finally separating (though still conjunct).

• Zoa says:

Lucky you, unlike me, I’m stuck with it for life.
        But as I’ve experienced before, Saturn really does reward patiente and hard work. Not today, not tomorrow, maybe not even in 5 years, but I know I’ll eventually succeed knowing I got it all by my efforts and not by mere luck. That is what motivates me everyday ;)

eventually succeed knowing I got it all by my efforts and not by mere luck.
          There is something to be said for hard won success and pulling yourself up by your own bootstraps.

17. David5379 says:

wow, i just found what semi-squares i have, apparently this is one of them, i always attributed the discipline to virgo, or saturn in the 6th, but this seems to make more sense

@david 5379 Saturn in the 6th is definitely part of it. That’s a very disciplined placement.

• David5379 says:

hmm, im doubly a hard worker then, and now that i think of it ive been slow to do mars things, but at least saturn ensures i will get better, even if he forces you to be patient
        as a kid i was a lot more rigid and restricted with actions, and anything mars was very curtailed and held back, i would have to agree with growing more aggressive with age, the older i get the better i am at asserting myself and getting stronger in general(yet always within bound and in check), hmm AND that explains some fears i have, now im comforted, growth will be had
        and also why mars square jupiter didnt ever spiral out of control ever in any instance

18. ggoma says:

Feeling that you have limited effect on your world.

Having grown up being told what not to do.
    Growing up constantly being
    told “No.”
    Fear-based self-control.
    Feeling limited in what you are
    capable of accomplishing.
    Victory through hard work.
    True grit.
    Feeling that there is a big “NO” to confront every time
    you want to do something.

Feeling that you are always dealing with problems.
    Angry with your father.
    Becoming more aggressive as you get older.
    Conservative
    actions.
    Fighting against your father.

Maturing
    early.
    Resisting maturity.
    Resisting aging.
    Fighting against getting
    older.
    There are rules for how men should act.
    Wanting to tie people up.
    Dominatrices.
    Wanting to be
    dominated.

Learning to be assertive.
    Learning to how to get what you want.
    Too
    frightened to do anything.
    Feeling caged.
    Doing things the hard way.
    Acute awareness of the reality and
    consequences of actions.

Mars in Cancer 13 in the 3rd  opp. Saturn in Cap Rx 13 in the 9th

This is probably the most difficult aspect in my chart. I have almost no ambition and it’s so hard to start up anything because I constantly feel limited by circumstances in my life and my own choices.

It may take an outer planet’s transit to Mars or Saturn to rile you into feeling ambitious. There may need to be some crisis that spurs you into action and overcoming perceived limitations.

I just want to say that I empathize. Transiting Saturn has been square my natal Mars for months, and progressed Mars and Saturn have been in conjunction for years. I work really hard with little return. Woe is me… :p

• ggoma says:

Ugh this whole Cardinal grand cross this is evil! I have tUranus square Uranus right now which will soon become tUranus square Saturn and Neptune. tPluto just passed it’s conjunction with Uranus onto Saturn and Neptune. tSaturn is square Saturn and Neptune and wont end for like 2 more years or something. tMars will be opposition my Saturn pretty soon. tUranus and tPluto are square my Mars at the moment too.

I’ve had plenty of crises lately. Hopefully not too many more. I’ve definitely started feeling like I need to do things more. What specifically hasn’t come to me yet!

Though on the bright side, when tMars hits my natal Mars I will also have tMars trine my Pluto. Could help. :)

I’m feeling like my Saturn Return will be a piece of cake compared to this!

19. Dahaka says:

I have a mars/saturn/uranus conjunction all three in capricorn(2 degree), also have jupiter aries(28 degree) trine as well. People generally not saying no to me and I feel from them they gets jealous, because I always get what I want and get the job well done no matter cost, people especially males fears me, I think uranus and jupiter have positive effect despite saturns negative effect, even feel myself sometimes blocked, my muscles says otherwise(Strong body yeah). Generally feel myself confident and self reliant, and I hate wanting something from someone, I feel I must do it myself no matter what. Even sun pisces with libra ascendant I’m ruthless person. Maybe my mars stronger than my ascendant and my sun. Capricorn/Aries overpowered maybe.

Mars in Capricorn is a strong placement and people with it tend to get what they want – but they’re not always nice about it. They can be a bit ruthless. Thank you for commenting, Dahaka :)

20. Ross says:

I have Mars conjunct Saturn in my 1st house. I have read that it can be like “driving with the brakes on”. It is usually. Especially right now that I’m having my Saturn return. I feel completely useless and incapable of doing anything at the moment. One good thing I have notice (not right now with my Saturn return though) is that I usually have a tremendous amount of stamina when it comes to exercising. I can be in the gym for hours and the more I exercise, the more energy I have. I also look a lot younger than I actually am. I think that’s kind of cool. Saturn is not so bad…

Yes, that’s what happened to me when Saturn crossed my ascendant – I recommitted to my exercise routine; 5 years later I’m quite thankful and in great shape :D