Sun/Uranus Aspects

girl with flashing sunglassesMisfits. Self-willed. Demanding absolute freedom. Not wanting to be tied down. You won’t tolerate other people making demands on you. Born rebels. The black sheep of the family. You never completely fit in no matter where you are. Your sense of life purpose changes minute by minute. Your sense of self changes minute by minute. People who have an abundance of nervous energy. You are high strung. You cannot be pinned down. You have to be your own person free from other people’s expectations. Extremely self-centered. Disliking routine. Disliking authority. Independent streak. “The rules don’t apply to me.” Splitting when things get too emotional or intense. Feeling that you are your own ultimate authority. Self-centered tyrants. Experimenters. Curmudgeons. Eccentrics. Bohemians. Grumps. Cranks. Defiant. Malcontents. Too cool for school. Hipsters.

You are never quite satisfied. There is always something to grumble about. Not knowing how to be anything other than what you are. Lacking artifice. Needing to maintain a sense of independence in every situation or relationship. Knowing where the EXIT door is at all times. Inability to build long-lasting attachments to people, places or experiences. Making abrupt “fresh starts.” Building whole new sets of friends, over and over again. Burning bridges. Keeping people at a distance. Lacking tolerance. Unpredictable ego expression. Extreme egocentricity. Extreme vanity. Extreme view of your own authority. Extremely childish. Extremely creative and playful. Outrageously pompous. Aloof arrogance. I, Robot. Rebel without a cause. When things aren’t going your way, you leave.

Exciting people. People who can be the life of the party. Having a magnetic personality. Learning to accept that you are different. Direct intuition. Having your finger on the pulse of the collective. Sudden self-insight. Unwilling to compromise your integrity. Unwilling to conform. Unwilling to do what is expected of you. Tapping into an experimental sense of play. Tapping into the ability to be uniquely creative. Giving freedom to your inner child to do as it wishes. Offbeat. Marching to a different drummer. Breaking free of the limitations imposed upon you by life in general. Breaking free from parental expectations. Breaking free from the limitations of the collective. Creating an entirely new role. Instantly knowing whether you do, or do not, fit in. Expressing the way that you are different. Expressing your individuality. Expressing your uniqueness. Expressing the part of you that is different than everyone else. Putting an emphasis on why you are unique rather than how you fit it. Needing unpredictability to feel alive. Needing freedom to feel in touch with your purpose. Being unconventional is part of your path. Only able to access your true inner self in a sporadic and unpredictable manner. Your true self shines through when you feel free of restraints.

Sun-Uranus people have the task of fully expressing their individuality as a testimony to the uniqueness and value of every person.

~ Stephen Arroyo, Astrology, Karma and Transformation

People with Sun/Uranus aspects:

• Yohji Yamamoto (fashion designer): Sun trine Uranus
  • Heath Ledger: Sun biquintile Uranus
  • Colin Farrell: Sun biquintile Uranus
  • Zooey Deschanel: Sun sextile Uranus
  • Martin Lawrence: Sun sesquiquadrate Uranus
  • Zoe Saldana: Sun sesquiquadrate Uranus
  • Jennifer Lopez: Sun sextile Uranus
  • Shia LaBeouf: Sun opposite Uranus
  • Ewan McGregor: Sun opposite Uranus
  • Kate Moss: Sun square Uranus
  • Kate Bush (singer): Sun conjunct Uranus

100 Responses to “Sun/Uranus Aspects”

1. michel_s says:

I have Sun in Cancer in the 11th trine Uranus and, yes my father was a distant oppressive type of person. I haven’t had a male figure to look up to. On the plus side one can be a free as possible in life, with an interest in helping society.

Uranus is right at the bottom of my chart conj IC and in Scorpio. An astrologer told me I would be walking a unique path, away from the family tradition. Soon will be training as a social worker…

That sounds right for someone with Uranus conjunct the IC and trine the Sun.

My sun has a wide square to Uranus. It’s the only major aspect it has though there is a tight semisquare and semisextile. Almost everything above applies, especially the bits about one’s father. My own dad was a man ahead of his time, brilliant in certain ways but also very closed off – an island unto himself.

What’s interesting is that with my Moon/Mars/Venus in Leo I also related to the parts about uniqueness, especially the quote. The Leo parts of my life actually help me feel connected to others, whereas before I developed my Leo traits I was very socially awkward and aloof and had a hard time making friends.

I think Sun-Uranus aspects can make one feel alienated but the lesson behind the pain is that we all have a spark in us that should be nurtured, not suppressed.

I really like this because you take the perspective that you have to develop the different parts of your personality, rather than assuming that everything in your chart is already developed.

I think Sun-Uranus aspects can make one feel alienated
      I think so too, though it’s probably more likely with the hard aspects.

“you take the perspective that you have to develop the different parts of your personality”

yeah that’s my 10th house virgo sun talking. i’ve learned the hard way that whatever i get from leo will have to bear the scrutiny of virgo. :) in the long run it’s been a good thing, definitely simplifies things.

Yeah, Virgo has its good points. My Virgo rising prevents me from adding too much clutter to my life – not just stuff, but everything else too.

3. Zoa says:

There are some sentences that really resonated with me:
    “Making abrupt “fresh starts.” Building whole new sets of friends, over and over again”

I find it so natural to accept changes and the end of a cycle. Once something’s over, it’s over and there’s no need to look back. When I find myself starting a new “chapter” I just cut all binds to the past, including my friends. Not to say I don’t remember them fondly, I do, it’s just that their time has ended and I feel holding on to how things used to be will only hold me back. So I wish them the best, and start to look for new friends for this new period in my life.

“Not knowing how to be anything other than what you are” – that is really me.
    Sun 29 Aquarius sextile Uranus at 0 Cap– out of sign but very tight aspect, second tightest in my chart actually.

Awesome post as always!

There is something forward looking and futuristic about Uranus. I like your use of the word “fond.”

4. Meena says:

Knowing where the EXIT door is at all times… Inability to build long-lasting attachments to people, places or experiences…yes & yes… it all sounds so familiar to me but how can it be if uranus is retrograde?

Why would Uranus retrograde change those particular traits? What have you read?

• Meena says:

I’ve always read that retrograde planets behave in a backwards fashion…I have several retrograde planets in my chart but only uranus and jupiter aspect my sun…. sometimes I feel a certain way on the inside, like your descriptions above, but never express it outwardly. I’ve also read that it’s mostly after midlife that the traits of retrograde planets in a chart are fully expressed. The trine between the sun and uranus is one of my tightest aspects. I suppose it’s also possible this aspect is so close that I don’t even notice it anymore…

Hm…I don’t know Meena. My Uranus is also retrograde but I don’t have trouble rebelling when I need to (perhaps that is because of Uranus’s trine to Mars).

During regular life when transiting planets go retrograde, things tend to slow down and I often experience “redo” periods. However, the energy of the planet isn’t less intense, it actually seems to be more intense. For example, we only notice how much influence Mercury has when it goes retrograde and all our communications go haywire. So maybe, rather than saying the energy expresses itself internally, maybe we become extra aware of a planet’s energy when that planet is retrograde in the natal chart.

What do you think?

5. Jara says:

These descriptions feel too extreme.

Some of the are, however I was thinking very particularly about two people I know with the conjunction.

These descriptions definitely get altered by the sign and house influence (of course).

But isn’t uranus kinduv that way?

i got sun in 3rd house cancer sesquiquadrate and uranus in 8th house sag. i wasnt the black sheep in the family because i did good at school. but i agree with the Dad thing. maybe this is the reason why i chose not to study fine arts because i felt that it would contaminate my sense of creativity and it will only block my instincts.

it is easy for me to let go and you are right with the “fresh start” i felt rude at times because i know tihs is the impression i give to my previous relationship. when it is over, it is over for me. no looking back.

i made a lot of breaking free in my past. i changed my name, dropped my surname to send a message to my family that i am different from them and that they got no authority over me. i wrote a book called “breaking free: journey towards healing” because i felt that time i need to free myself from my past. there was a time before when i told my friends that i NEVER want or even tried to conform. if ever, i create my own norm. someone told me before that i am living my life on the “edge of the knife.” well sort of. at least, i am ok now, that i finally have an outlet with this obssession to be free. thanks to art. i finally feel that i fit into something.

Is part of your creative journey a rebellion against your father?

• amoureuse08 says:

hmmm.. i sort of have that feeling of rebellion against my father yes.. there was a time.. but when i started doing painting, i was surprised when he supported it.. im glad he did.. but ill still do it even if others wont alllow me hehehe he is proud of what i do right now so i guess that feling of rebellion is reduced. hehe

Did the letting go and moving on and not looking back, come naturally? Or did it take time to accept it and do it?

It has taken me a very long time. Because I know certain situations are not healthy for me and just prolong the inevitable, I tend to not to step into them. The art of exiting has become important. Sometimes I just have to say it. I think it helps the other to move on too, as I often feel that I cannot provide what is wanted anyway. Unless, torturing me is all that is wanted. See, I don’t really ask all that much, do I?

Interesting descriptions, Michelle, although I have to admit I like the second paragraph much better than the first :) I’ll fess up and admit I used to throw the occasional emotional “tantrum” (privately of course) back in the day. My intense feelings would get all bottled up and eventually need a release. My Aquarius Moon/Chiron is opposite Uranus, so that plays a role too. Also, I never completely fit in. Ever. I’ve always felt very different, even alien, from everyone else.

My 2nd house Libra Sun quintiles my 12th house Uranus in Leo, and I relate to a lot of the descriptions in the second paragraph. Most of my uniqueness stems from my strong value system, as well as my “insights” into the collective, including the underlying/hidden energies and motives. And I’m very intuitive.

Commitment isn’t so much of an issue, as is finding situations/people with compatible values to commit to. I won’t compromise on anything I think might be harmful and will quickly leave if I begin to see signs of that happening. For instance, a lot of my old friends like to get together at night to party. Since they all drink and drive, I don’t attend those kinds of get-togethers. I’ve tried suggesting cabs, designated drivers, etc., but they’re not interested since they all feel they’re perfectly able to drive. Actually, I don’t have many close friendships because of this and I’ve learned to accept that.

My art is pretty unique as well. It’s been compared to Bjork’s music; I love that since I love a lot of Bjork’s music. I think it speaks to feeling alienated and making peace with our uniqueness – I like what unsunghiro said about nurturing our spark.

Speaking of music, one of my other favorites is singer Lisa Gerrard, who has a tight Sun/Uranus trine. Here’s a link to a piece of music that evokes the unique, yet softer side of Sun/Uranus: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_2YU-XABi8

I use this music when I’m giving Reiki – it reminds me of God.

Nice music to listen to in the morning in my half awake state.

I would expect an Aquarius Moon conjunct Chiron opposite Uranus to have more to say about uniqueness or having deep sensitivity about what it means to be human and feeling that connectedness with others.

” . . . having deep sensitivity about what it means to be human and feeling that connectedness with others.”

That’s how I often feel. Thanks for getting that, Michelle.

My Moon and Chiron (both in Aquarius) are almost 11 degrees apart, so they’re not conjunct – sorry, my wording was off. But both are within orb of opposing my Leo Uranus.

Not that it necessarily relates to this discussion, but my Vertex sits at the midpoint of my Moon/Chiron, so I think that helps to blend the energies and adds to the opposition (and sensitivities). One thing I like is that the rulers of all those opposing points (Uranus and the Sun) are quintile.

Glad you enjoyed the music. :)

“Commitment isn’t so much of an issue, as is finding situations/people with compatible values to commit to. I won’t compromise on anything I think might be harmful and will quickly leave if I begin to see signs of that happening…”

When the student is ready, the teacher will come. Thanks LB! You have brilliantly summed up the lesson of T. Saturn in Libra and my natal Saturn in the 7th.

Man I love these posts and the comments!!

Thanks, MsFullroller. It makes me happy to think my comment helped you gain some insight into your own situation.

I’m with you on loving these posts and comments. Michele does a great job of engaging us, and I also learn a lot.

Thank you – I couldn’t do it without awesome readers!

Sometime back, I saw part of a Bjork movie where her character committed some kind of crime for someone, I think that’s what it was, as I missed the beginning of the movie. Anyway she was in the penal system, and there was a court trial, and I think her eventual execution. And she made a fantasy world musical out of it. It was bizarre. I gotta look that one up.

Oops, I posted my comment without seeing yours. Brilliant minds think alike . . . :)

I haven’t seen the entire movie. I watched part of it but it was so upsetting I couldn’t handle any more of it.

You’re right – it’s terribly upsetting, so much so that I doubt if I’ll ever watch it again. I bought it before I’d seen it. Now I offer to loan it out to anyone who’s up for it, or else who feels they’re in need of a thorough emotional purging. I always warn people.

I find this interesting. You both have strong neptune in your chart. With the onset of the neptune transit bonanza, I seemed to become more sensitive to creeper kind of stuff. I probably always was with my 12th house neptune, but tough girled through it. The ickster stuff actually made me nauseous, so I had to shift my thoughts away from it, or just let it dissolve.

Hi billow – The movie is called “Dancer In The Dark”. I own it. It’s one of the saddest movies I’ve ever seen – almost like torture to watch. But amazing.

Here’s one of her music videos that’s just as dramatic, but far less tragic. Ironically, it’s about someone discovering her own unique “spark” even as she’s alone. At least that’s what I get from it.

• cosmickisses2u says:

I have my natal aqua moon opposite my natal Leo Uranus. I was wondering, is your moon a bit of a mental case? My mom is nuts!!  PPl with this hard aspect tend to have mom issues. I am very estranged from my own (virgo) mother.

My Uranus/Moon opposition is really wide, but I still felt it – let’s just say I could never figure my mom out.  I always knew something was off between us, but it wasn’t until just recently I discovered what it was.  My Uranus is in the 12th and my Moon is in the 5th.  Ends up my mom had a BIG SECRET that affected the way she related to me.

In terms of actual mental stuff, my mom developed severe dementia at the end of her life.  Ironically, her illness was what brought us back together.  It’s hard to fight with someone when they’re so utterly dependent and helpless.  I hope you figure it out with your own mom, cosmickisses2u.

• cosmickisses2u says:

I forgot I had posted on here already. I posted again today.
          Anyway as for my mother, I have always suspected that she probably has that Munchausin disorder. She certainly is narcissitic. And diffently a master manipulator. She very ill with COPD,  having abused alcohol, and cigarettes. I haven’t seen her and don’t intend to. My younger sister tends to her. BTW my younger sister has some serious issues of her own having been emotionally manipulated by our mother all her life. I’m happy I have such strong Uranus aspects in my chart. I just enough rebellion to get the hell away from the madness. I have never looked back.

8. Iago says:

Amazing descriptions. You touched some really important details. It’s interesting to see how the planet of open-mindedness can make someone extremely narrow-minded.

I have a the binovile (Aries Sun in the 10th and Capricorn Uranus in the 8th) and some things are perfectly true for me. I always felt different, somehow. Like I’m the alien between humans or someting like that lol. Although that’s Chiron’s influence too (feeling that I don’t belong), Uranus is strong in my chart. And yes, my father has always been aloof. I don’t feel like I know him.

I value freedom above –everything–, it’s a part of what I am. Uniqueness and merit are also things I value greatly. That being said, I don’t believe in equality. I believe that, biologically, socially and of course, regardlessly of race and origin, everyone is essentially the same – what makes them different is their merit. Uranus proves to me that natural geniuses exist. In fact, astrology itself proves me that every single person is different from the rest in many ways, so there’s no way for me to think that people are intrinsically alike for some reason. I see all these aspects and possible planet positions and can’t help thinking that every person has the potential to be a brilliant, or otherwise mediocre, being. Rights and opportunities for all, recognition and position only for the worthy.

As always Iago, thank you for sharing your perspective. I enjoy reading your responses.

Just now remembering I have a wide quincunx, 5 degrees, between my Aries Sun and Virgo Uranus. In addition, having Uranus conjunct my ascendant and Venus in Aquarius, I really relate to many of the points of this post. Especially this “…You never completely fit in no matter where you are..Experimenters..Bohemians..Needing to maintain a sense of independence in every situation or relationship.” The last one is HUGE for me.

Both of my parents also have Sun/Uranus aspects, Dad had Sun/Uranus conjunct in Taurus, Mom has Leo Sun sextile Uranus in Gemini. Again, many of the personality traits you’ve listed is exactly how they (my parents) come across to me and answers the questions I’ve had regarding their behavior towards me. There’s more…DH has this aspect with Sun/Uranus in Cancer conjunct with Uranus in front of his Sun.

Like I said in the comment below to LB, when the student is ready, the teacher and in my case teachers, will come. Believe me, the student has been ready and waiting for awhile! Y’all rock!!

Is this some of what we can expect with the upcoming transit of Uranus on our Sun?

“freedom is of the utmost importance” . . . I would imagine that resonates with my uranus joining semi-sextile with my sun. And ouch chiron is in direct oppostion with uranus in my natal chart.

I think the alienation set up has something to do with dependency issues that I need to deal with this time around. I’m all about leaving unhealthy situations. Spent alot of time rebelling and fighting the unjust foes. It’s a waste of time. It is best to join forces with those doing the good work. Loan wolfing became fun once I widened my circle. Life is not just about my exclusive relationship, my friends, my family, my tribe. It involves all those I come in contact with. The person in front of me in line is not an enemy and an obstacle. The checkout is not just an obstacle to where I would rather be. It is wider participation in community. That’s the aquarian thing I’d guess. I am only as isolated as I choose to be.

And not joining in group think exclusivity that justifies bad behavior . . . I have to give a shout out about that. Nothing can replace a clear conscience. That’s freedom!

It is best to join forces with those doing the good work.
        I agree.

The checkout is not just an obstacle to where I would rather be.

Nothing can replace a clear conscience. That’s freedom!
        So true.

You got it, billow. Learning to recognize the humanity in every human being we encounter, even those outside of our group – as well as the invisible others we never see – is part of honoring our divine connection.

Here’s a link I think you might like; it addresses some of the ordinary ways we can begin to honor our common humanity by paying attention: http://www.ordinarycourage.com/my-blog/2009/6/16/this-i-believe-about-basic-dignity.html

Take care. :)

Am I preachin agaaain???

You have a Uranian family too huh? Lol…

I’ve been doing some reading of what to expect and one thing that struck me is that the conjunction of transiting Uranus to the natal Sun can awaken you to aspects of your personality that had previously been suppressed or not given adequate freedom to be expressed – that is what I’m looking forward to, and I wonder what that actually will mean.

Looking at from the aspect of the fam being a bit strange especially in how they relate to one another…oh yeah. Uranian in terms in terms of letting each person be who they are just like they are to be..hell no. Then there would be too many cooks in the kitchen. lol

”..the conjunction of transiting Uranus to the natal Sun can awaken you to aspects of your personality that had previously been suppressed or not given adequate freedom to be expressed…

I’m looking forward to that and I bet it’s gonna be an interesting ride!

I’m a bit wary of mars uranus going off half cocked. Not that I’ve seen how that works in my bio unit. Always cleaning up the mess, like a good little virgo. But that’s all going away, it’s all going away. I must move on, I must move on.

I hear ya Sis but honestly I’m hoping Uranus/Mars will put an end to that kind of behavior cuz I’m gettin tired of cleaning up the mess.

It just might be I am so tired of cleaning up the mess, I’m not going to do it anymore. Don’t get any on ya. :)

I know that’s right! I’m gonna take up the motto of a former co-worker of mine…”I ain’t gon do it”! ;-)

What’s funny (or telling) about your comment is that in the composite chart with my newly discovered sister, the closest aspect is an exact trine between our composite Uranus in the 1st and composite Sun in the 5th, which is conjunct my natal IC.

I like the word “awaken” – as if we suddenly wake up one day from the deep sleep we’ve been in, pull the veil off and realize who we truly are apart from the expectations and imaginings of others, or even ourselves.

This ‘awakening’ is actually exciting :)

10. Atlast says:

i have a far one conjunction (7 degrees), but the description couldn’t be better. I have this free spirit that makes me kind of depressed if i HAVE to fit in situarions that I don’t have nothing about. I do get really well with people that are different from me (and I do like to emphasize my differences), but if I have to behave the same way they do, I feel terrible.
    I’m saying that because this situation occoured today, I went to a job interview and everyone was so clichè, and, maybe due to my sun neptune aspect, I felt the same way. I left the situation needing somethig to reafirm myself.

“I felt the same way” . . . “reafirm myself” . . . : DDDDDD. Fog is patchy and sooner or later it lifts. I just love this phenomenom. Thanks for sharing.

I hope I’m not over replying, but you got me cogitatin.

“free spirit” . . . I think you hit the nail on the head. I guess that’s what happens when your dick gets thrown in the ocean. How to maintain that free spirit within the structuralization of things, so the creative spirit does not die.

• Atlast says:

Yeah, yeah! It’s so hard to maintain our free spirits in this life we have. I’m at meadle of design college and starting to fell obrigated to get a job, and all the jobs are in closed offices (not what I thought it would be). And thats where the creativity enter, I thinking about lots of projects that grant me money and I don’t need to work on such a restrict place.

They forgot to teach you how to design a job for yourself. :) Maybe you’ll get big windows in your workspace. Or travel to clients: then you’ll be surrounded by windows with an ever changing landscape.

Office space can be daunting. Why they are designed like they are, I don’t know. Maybe you could do office design and those of us in those spaces would be forever grateful.

I like a mix of desk work and out in the field work, myself. But in the office, I have to be really focussed on my project or I go bonkers as the walls close in.

11. Taís Madeira says:

“Needing to maintain a sense of independence in every situation or relationship. Knowing where the EXIT door is at all times. Inability to build long-lasting attachments to people, places or experiences. Making abrupt “fresh starts.” Building whole new sets of friends, over and over again. Burning bridges. Keeping people at a distance.”

I have Sun in Gemini in the 5th house opposing Uranus in Sagittarius in the 11th house. From this set these statements are the most true to me.

With that combination, I can see how you would relate to those concepts most.

12. Ree says:

I have Sun in Pisces 12th house square Uranus in Sagi 9th/10th house. (T-square with my Moon)

“Dad was a self-centered tyrant. Dad was unpredictable and unreliable. Dad was prone to egocentric outbursts. Dad was experimental and unique. Dad was unconventional and bohemian. Dad was aloof, unapproachable and cold. Dad did not give you warm loving embraces. Dad was rebellious and cranky. Dad was a grouch.”

I kind of learn to accept it instead of crying why already. :D

I kind of learn to accept it instead of crying why already. :D
      That’s healthy :)

I think so. We do the best we can. And if we are fortunate, we understand that our parents did the same. It’s harder to come to grips with that when you don’t raise children I think.

I’ve come to terms with it. I know they did the best they could. The other side of it is that I’m just plain tired of tying every problem I have back to my childhood. Especially with Uranus in Aries now, I’m completely ready not to look to the past and to keep my eyes facing forward.

13. Norma Yamille Cuéllar says:

well, I definitely LIKE this post!!!! I have Uranus CONJ Ascendant, Uranus trine Jupiter and Mars, Uranus sextile Sun, Uranus square Venus.
    Freedom is soooo important to me. And it took me a lot of time to accept myself and my uniqueness. Im not ashamed of being a misfit no more. In fact, Im enjoying it… !!!

14. Mirrorofamirror100 says:

Uranus in close conjunction with Sun in 11th house. Uranus exalted. Also, Moon in Aquarius.
    Even if I am a Scorpio – it seems Uranus is very strong in my natal chart and there is little of a Scorpio in me.
    Every group I belong – I stand out. I am always different to people around me: in a class, then at Uni, now at work. Always living regardless of social rules, occasionally with them. In fact, I do not check out the rules before I do something because I act to my own opinions and decisions, not someone else’s.
    I do not seem to need people’s company.
    I can’t blend in.
    I always check with myself first before doing anything. I can’t understand people who just follow crowds. I am difficult to be managed and can’t stand being told what to do – I’ll rebel.
    Luckily, other strong planets in my chart (Mars, Venus, Jupiter, Neptune and Saturn) balance my personality out so I have not came out as a total misfit.

Typical of Sun/Uranus people regardless of the sign that the Sun and Uranus are in.

Having your Moon in Aquarius certainly amplifies Uranus’s influence over your chart.

• Mirrorofamirror100 says:

I can feel Uranus influence on a daily basis. It is a strong planet in my chart but so are Jupiter (the ruler), Venus (because it conjuncts my MC and 4 planets are in Libra), Saturn (because it conjuncts Jupiter and MC), Mars – because it’s in the 1st house and Neptun because it conjuncts my Ascendant.
        It is very difficult to find 2 planets in an aspect in my chart that are not shaped by at least one more, usually strong, planet or MC/AC.

As for my comment above; looking back I have to say that if I accept someone’s leadership I do not question them and frequently follow instructions, commands or orders blindly.
        This may be the Neptune’s influence (?), it landed in my 1st house and it conjuncts my ascendant.
        I’d say the rebelling part applies to my personal life much stronger: there is no way anyone can tell me how to live (starting from whether to go to a party or not and ending at whether to have a baby). My parents went through hell as I started questioning their every request or opinion as soon as I started talking and never stopped until I moved out. Independence (in thinking and living) was always my top priority.

In professional life I seem to be much more malleable.

15. Jd Davis says:

Sun 18 degrees and Uranus 18 degrees Sagittarius. Blending is extremely hard for me to do.

I’ll bet.

16. Asenath says:

T-square involving Sun (20 Taurus), MC (27 Scorpio) and Uranus (27 Leo). Everything sounds so true! But I am finding release in my current job, which is highly unusual (and the only job I feel I fit in, and can be totally myself)… I work for a circus… ;-)

What do you do in the circus, Asenath?

17. mikelmas says:

oh boy, I know a girl with this….scary indeed. Jeckyl and Hyde personality; fake and flowery one moment, sullen and sarcastic the next. She hinted at her interest in me a few times, telling me i’d make a “great boyfriend”, but I was never sure if this was a fleeting emotion. Eventually there was an awkward tension between us as friends and so came the out of the blue shock surprise;
    I booked for her, me and a group of friends for dinner at a pizzeria. When it came time to leave, she stands up to smugly say “oh…on the way to the gallery, can we stop to drop something off at my ‘new boyfriend’s’ place”.  That was a  shock indeed. Felt like a knife in the heart, but she does have both her sun & moon opposite uranus, so makes sense now.

Yeesh!

Sounds like you should try talking to each other instead of just guessing what the other feels.

18. Voyages says:

Closest aspect in my chart…Sun square Uranus

Whoo….i’m a weirdo, always have been…

19. cosmickisses2u says:

Sun 6th house trine Uranus 3rd house. No one in my family understands me. They have me all wrong. They just don’t get that I’m smarter then they are and better than they are at everything. To bad for them. They really missed out on haveing someone special like me around. :)

• cosmickisses2u says:

But Dad understood. Only he wasn’t around. Mom was and still is crazy. As a rule ppl with moon/uranus opposition have crazy mothers.

• cosmickisses2u says:

Didn’t realize I had already posted here some time ago. Thank you LB for the nice comment.

20. cosmickisses2u says:

I had forgot I posted here already some time ago. Thank you LB for the nice comment

21. Thomas Baker63 says:

Yay! Sun Sextile Uranus! And my Sun Sign is Aquarius and Uranus is in Sag! Almost all of this fits.

Giving freedom to your inner child to do whatever it pleases.

This very aspect is probably why I always get asked when are you gonna grow up?

Do you have planets in Aries too?

• Thomas Baker63 says:

Aries Midheaven. But no planets in it, though Mars in Sag Trines the Midheaven

• Thomas Baker63 says:

Also Saturn in Sag Trines it, Neptune in Cap Squares it so although I have a lot of energy, it took me a while to figure what career to take. Pluto in Scorpio inconjucts it so that probably wont really help matters, but Im passive about most of it, seeing that Venus in Pisces semi sextiles it and the moon forms a semisquare

22. Katey says:

Sun in Scorpio, 8th house conjunct Uranus exact. My moon is also in Aquarius in 11th. If I could sum up all of me in a couple of paragraphs it would look almost identical to what you wrote… plus a massive stellium in Libra, 7th (including pluto conjunct venus) … I am simultaneously ferociously independent and heartbreakingly dependent… meep!

Your Sun in the 8th house is an indicator of codependency issues – the entwined you get with someone, the harder it is to disentangle.

23. Ymartinez197 says:

I have my Uranus Conjunct my Sun,Mercury and Neptune and trine my MC. I personally identify with everything you said here, i believe i always had this inner turmoil in my head in trying to find out who I truly am and what I’m meant to do in life. I think whats probably causing that probably is probably my moon in libra that square my uranus that is giving me a hard to to identify myself and connect my emotion with my quirkiness and individuality. In the end of the day i see the world with new wonders and whats to be expected in the future. I always believe i had a futuristic look at life ever since i was younger always question everything and why we all her its kind of became my persona which has to do with my Uranus BQ ASC

24. Tan_smile says:

actually i have wanted to ask this qns a long time but did not know where to ask, i’m actually coming 15 this year. i have no idea y,  but i really like astrology.. this is a bit out of the blue but i have 5 planets in the 12th house.. (Venus in aquaris conjunct Uranus in aquarius conjunct Jupiter in aquarius conjunct Mars in capricorn conjunct Neptune in capricorn) i’ve been searchin in different websites and known a bit about this but i couldn’t quite comprehend it.. i’ve been considered a social outcast and have little frens jus bcos i was irritating and talkative . . i can’t control my anger too at times and jus cry when i’m angry.. is that wrong? can u help me improve my life.. and in the sun, i have a no. of aspects ( Sun in sagittarius semi-square Uranus in aquarius) , (sun in sagittarius sextile ascendant in aquarius) . (sun in sagittarius opposition moon in gemini) . (sun in sagittarius conjunct sun in mercury). (sun in sagittarius sextile jupiter in aquarius). My frens say i have a shadow (trauma or sth) within me and told me to learn to confide in ppl, but i dun tink i have one and sometimes i either confide too much or dun confide at all.. lastly, i also have pluto in sagittarius and sun in sagittarius in house 10.. house 10 is in sagittarius too.. chiron in scorpio in house 9. house 9 is in scorpio too.. sun in sagittarius 22 degrees.. pls help me

Hi Tan_smile,

You’re only 15. You may not believe it, but a lot of these issues will sort themselves out as you get older and have more life experiences. It’s not wrong to cry when you’re angry. Ask yourself what you are angry about, and more importantly, what you can do about it. Opening up to your friends is a good way to relieve feelings of isolation. You have friends and they seem to care about you so take a risk and open up to them. You may find that sharing your problems helps you feel more connected to the people around you and less like an outcast.

25. Tan_smile says:

and i also have leo in house 7 and mean/true node in the 7th house too

26. Tan_smile says:

i’m also stuck in between liking astrology and christianity

Why does it have to be one or the other? Find a synthesis.

27. victoria says:

my dad is sun conjunct uranus in leo. he was a brilliant student with a major in physics. but he didn’t complete his masters and left college bcoz of some political reasons. he was a very active member of the leftist party. i have sun sextile uranus and i’m a student of computer science and known as ‘the geek’ in college.

Let’s hope you finish :)

28. Sieghart says:

Perfect interpretation. I have Sun conjunct Uranus and Neptune in 19° degrees of Capricorn. And the three are conjunct Mercury, in a more wide orb. It’s a interesting fusion of earth, fire, air and water. Fantastic daydreams come very very easily, and together, a sense that I need to send all to hell to attain it.

What are your career interests at this point?

29. Roger says:

I didn’t quite know where to post, so I decided to post here. I have Uranus in the 2nd square my 10th house sun, trine Venus and Saturn in the 10th, as well as quintile mars. It has definitely been an interesting ride. I love your bog!