Sun/Moon Aspects

woman sitting staring at the sun over a lakeStrong parental influence. Ego versus intuition. Creativity versus wanting to hide. Are you ruled by your emotions. Do you have a strong identity. Do your emotions fit your identity. Do your emotions support your identity or block it. Does what makes you happy also make you feel like a unique individual with a unique personal identity. Who played a stronger role in your life, your mother or your father. Do you identity with the masculine or with the feminine.

Your parents had a lot in common and presented a similar general viewpoint. Your moods and ego work well together. Parents who get along well together. Receiving the same input from both parents. Your feelings and ability to fulfill your purpose are in sync. You are rather straight-forward because your emotions and purpose work so well together. Taking things for granted because they come so easily. Spoiled. Getting what you want. Feeling that you should be appreciated just for being you. Having been the twinkle in your parents’ eye. Expecting to get what you want. Expecting to be fulfilled. Expecting things to go smoothly. Inability to cope with disharmony or strife in relationships.

Intuitive self. Instinctual self. Self-reflective. Receptive self. Intuition and conscious choice working together. Emotional identity. Feeling secure in yourself. Self-satisfied. Smug. Arrogant. Self-assured. Happy just being you. At ease with yourself. Feeling secure with your level of confidence. Your emotions fuel your sense of purpose. Lack of awareness that other people might not have the same inner unity. Not realizing that other people don’t have it so easy. Changing goals and drives. Your identity changes with your moods. Your purpose changes with your moods. Inability to get clear about who you are and what your purpose is because of moment by moment fluctuations in mood and energy. Wavering vitality. Confidence fluctuates. Nurturing yourself by fulfilling your inner sense of purpose. Conscious and subconscious united. Instinctively being yourself. Instinctively fulfilling your purpose. Instinctively expressing yourself from your core. Feelings and vitality merged. Radiant emotional expression. Becoming a parental figure or taking on a parental role even if you do not have children.

Ego-driven emotions. Willfully acting from a place of need. Unapologetic neediness. Insolence. You want what you want because you want it. Possibly feeling that you shouldn’t have to explain yourself to anyone. Considering yourself to be above reproach. Having intensely focused self-expression. The inner and outer life in harmony. Warm emotional expression. Sensitive self-expression.

Mood and ego working against each other, or causing inner tension. Feeling like you can’t be yourself and be happy at the same time. Issues reconciling your emotions with who are you are inside. Pride versus caring. Parents who are divorced, have completely opposite viewpoints or who can’ get along. Receiving conflicting information from each parent. Getting different answers from each parent. Parents who have nothing in common. Bold creativity versus wanting to feel safe and secure. Putting yourself out there versus retreating. Consciousness versus unconsciousness. Day and night, night and day. Above and below. Inside and outside. Which is stronger- the outer life or the inner life. Your emotions block your ability to be completely yourself. Your subconscious sabotages your conscious efforts. You undermine yourself. You let fleeting moods and impressions get in the way of progress. You let pride and ego prevent you from fully expressing your emotions. You let ego get in the way of emotional flow. Poor daily habits block your ability to be centered and have a positive direction in life. You perceive that people impose their emotional lives upon you without taking into consideration that it throws you off course. You perceive that people impose their ego-driven desires upon you without taking your feelings into account.

Feeling that everything you want in life is a struggle. Never feeling satisfied. Experiencing your emotions from a distance. Being removed or detached from your emotions as if you were watching someone else experience them. Incompatibility between the way you feel and what you want. Incredibly inner compulsion to reach fulfillment.

woman in a sunny meadow

People with Sun/Moon aspects:

• Kate Hudson: Sun in Aries square Moon in Capricorn
  • Ben Affleck: Sun in Leo quintile Moon in Scorpio
  • Angelina Jolie: Sun in Gemini sextile Moon in Aries
  • Tyra Banks: Sun in Sagittarius trine Moon in Aries
  • Brigitte Bardot: Sun in Libra trine Moon in Gemini
  • Jason Bateman: Sun in Capricorn semisquare Moon in Sagittarius
  • Nathan Lane: Sun in Aquarius semisquare Moon in Scorpio
  • Cheech Marin: Sun in Cancer opposite Moon in Capricorn

79 Responses to “Sun/Moon Aspects”

1. amoureuse08 says:

hehehe mich this is an awesome brainstorm.. was laughing while reading it esp the spoiled part. heheheh i have a biquantile aspect… thats suppose to be good, right.. the first part is totally right for me.. not sure for the latter part..

I divided it so the first half is for the “positive” aspects and the second half is for “negative” aspects.

• amoureuse08 says:

ah.. thats why… i guess my aspect is sort of “positive” bi quantile.. both my parents are loving people.. i sort of envy their relationship.. im a bit spoiled.. well i am spoiled to the core.. hehe the positives speak more for me.. i pretty straight forward and my sense of identity is very strong.. both my parents are “stage parents” even when i while still young until now that im almost 29.. dad and mom are hands on to whatever im doing with my life.. to the food i eat.. to the clothes i wear.. i was brought up in a way that everything is provided for me.. iam used to waking up with breakfast on the table..

“Stage parents”…interesting!

2. Aycelina says:

The paragraph completly telling about me…
    Sun opposition moon…
    Sagittarius cancer…

Do you have the quincunx or the opposition?

3. Bob says:

Sun(conjunct Neptune/5/Scorp) sextile Moon (conjunct Pluto/3/Virgo).

Big gears meshing, dreams given tasks; obsession given tools. It’s really a lot and I’m just beginning to understand how it’s played out – but more playING out – in my life. There is something yin/yang about the dynamic but that’s a lazy analogy; for one I don’t get “polarity” so much as left hand/right hand.

“Does what make you happy also make you feel like a unique individual with a unique personal identity?”

Absolutely. (Here’s to it also making me a living.)

“Nurturing yourself by fulfilling your inner sense of purpose. Conscious and subconscious united. Instinctively being yourself. Instinctively fulfilling your purpose. Instinctively expressing yourself from your core.”

Yes. Connects to the above.

Cinema. Land of Neptune. Add a driving Sun. Put it in Scorpio. Clear right away that things could get iffy, sailor adrift and lost at sea. Add a taskmaster Plutonized Moon with uber-perfectionist tendencies and a love of language. Storytelling. A limited but highly-focused skill set from the heart.

Re: parental dynamics, father left before I was born. A not-ready-for primetime mother who allowed/forced me to find my way.

Thanks as always. Timely.

for one I don’t get “polarity” so much as left hand/right hand

Yes, I agree, and in some cases one hand doesn’t know what the other is doing.

4. Joyrjw says:

Sun Scorpio 5th quintile Moon Virgo 3rd 3’15 orb I believe applying

“Creativity versus wanting to hide”…. Is a big one for me. I want to be recognized for being and seen as talented in my creativity and artistic abilities in many different ways,but I tend to be an introvert,shy and nervous for the most part.

“Are you ruled by your emotions”…I’m an emotional/dreamy thinker, I always equated practicality with logic,but as it turns out logic was never my strongest personality trait. :D

“Do you have a strong identity.’… No, I’ve been searching for my identity for quite some time,but I think I’m figuring it out, finally.

“Does what makes you happy also make you feel like a unique individual with a unique personal identity.”… It depends on what it is. Most of the time, yes, I seem to be different from other people in the way I think and feel.

” Who played a stronger role in your life, your mother or your father.”… My father did up until I was about 13 and he left and then it was just my mother.

Do you identity with the masculine or with the feminine.”… Both, but I used to be more of a tomboy.

“Inability to cope with disharmony or strife in relationships.” … I have a problem with conflict in general,but I think that I’m handling it better over time.

Instinctual self. Self-reflective. Receptive self. Emotional identity. Arrogant. Your emotions fuel your sense of purpose. Lack of awareness that other people might not have the same inner unity. Changing goals and drives. Your identity changes with your moods.

“Your purpose changes with your moods. Inability to get clear about who you are and what your purpose is because of moment by moment fluctuations in mood and energy. Wavering vitality. Confidence fluctuates. Nurturing yourself by fulfilling your inner sense of purpose. Feelings and vitality merged.”….I can really relate to these statements. I’m always confused as to who I am and what my purpose in life is(though I think I’m recogning with this) and I’ll wake up one morning and suddenly what I’m going to do with my life is different or I’ll change my mind about my idea of something all of a sudden(once again,getting better). My confidence levels fluctuate with how I’m feeling about a given situation and when I have negative emotions my energy levels and physical strength decrease while with positive emotions I think more clearly and I’m more energetic. Kind of weird huh?

Radiant emotional expression.” Ego-driven emotions. Willfully acting from a place of need. You want what you want because you want it. . Having intensely focused self-expression. Warm emotional expression. Sensitive self-expression.

Mood and ego working against each other, or causing inner tension. Feeling like you can’t be yourself and be happy at the same time. Issues reconciling your emotions with who are you are inside. Pride versus caring. Parents who are divorced, have completely opposite viewpoints or who can’ get along. Receiving conflicting information from each parent. Getting different answers from each parent. Parents who have nothing in common. Bold creativity versus wanting to feel safe and secure. Putting yourself out there versus retreating. Consciousness versus unconsciousness. Day and night, night and day. Above and below. Inside and outside. Which is stronger- the outer life or the inner life. Your emotions block your ability to be completely yourself. Your subconscious sabotages your conscious efforts. You undermine yourself. You let fleeting moods and impressions get in the way of progress. You let pride and ego prevent you from fully expressing your emotions. You let ego get in the way of emotional flow. Poor daily habits block your ability to be centered and have a positive direction in life. You perceive that people impose their emotional lives upon you without taking into consideration that it throws you off course. You perceive that people impose their ego-driven desires upon you without taking your feelings into account.

Feeling that everything you want in life is a struggle.” Never feeling satisfied. Experiencing your emotions from a distance. Being removed or detached from your emotions as if you were watching someone else experience them. Incompatibility between the way you feel and what you want. Incredibly inner compulsion to reach fulfillment.

• Joyrjw says:

Sorry, I didn’t mean to post so much above. From Mood and Ego and down needs editing… :-) and now it’s been edited. =D

“Radiant emotional expression.” Willfully acting from a place of need. You want what you want because you want it. . Having intensely focused self-expression. Warm emotional expression. Sensitive self-expression.

Mood and ego working against each other, or causing inner tension.

“Feeling like you can’t be yourself and be happy at the same time.” ….This is a big one for me. I feel like I can’t be myself around other people.

Issues reconciling your emotions with who are you are inside. Parents who are divorced, have completely opposite viewpoints or who can’ get along. Getting different answers from each parent. Parents who have nothing in common. Bold creativity versus wanting to feel safe and secure. Putting yourself out there versus retreating. Consciousness versus unconsciousness. Which is stronger- the outer life or the inner life. Your emotions block your ability to be completely yourself. Your subconscious sabotages your conscious efforts. You undermine yourself. You let fleeting moods and impressions get in the way of progress. You let pride and ego prevent you from fully expressing your emotions. Poor daily habits block your ability to be centered and have a positive direction in life. You perceive that people impose their emotional lives upon you without taking into consideration that it throws you off course. You perceive that people impose their ego-driven desires upon you without taking your feelings into account.

Feeling that everything you want in life is a struggle. Being removed or detached from your emotions as if you were watching someone else experience them. Incompatibility between the way you feel and what you want. Incredibly inner compulsion to reach fulfillment.

Don’t worry about the length – there’s no space limit :)

• Robin Joy Dore says:

Ok.Thank You. I just didn’t want to go overboard. I’m glad I didn’t. :-)

I’m curious Michelle, if you’d use a wider orb with the luminaries. My Sun and Moon (both in Air) are just beyond a 10 degree square, but I have to admit I strongly relate to some of the more “negative” descriptions. Nothing has ever felt easy and I constantly struggle with my feelings – I’m consciously aware of an ongoing internal battle being fought over who I am versus who I wish to become.

For some reason, this post really struck a chord with me. You’ve done a good job, as usual!

I definitely use a wider orb for Sun/Moon aspects. I think the wider orb works, plus you have to take into account how fast the Moon moves and the possibility of error in recording birth time (nevermind the whole controversy of when you’re actually “born”).

Thanks Michelle. I also think the wider orb works – don’t know why I never really considered this aspect before. Must be retrograde Mercury’s influence as it travels through my 8th.

On a hunch, I checked something out. What’s funny about me only now discovering this, is that just today Solar Arc Pluto conjoined my natal Sun – to the minute! Never again will I stick to tight orbs; if it fits, it fits! This Sun/Moon aspect explains many of the struggles I used to attribute to my other aspects, only this one better describes my own internal dialogue and awareness.

Thanks again, Michelle.

I love that. In astrology I think it’s so important to pinpoint the underlying influences, otherwise it becomes so vague that anything can mean anything. Of course there are many aspects or planet combinations that have similar effects, but the motivation behind them tends to be different.

Yes (!!!), you’ve just summed up what I was trying to say, which is that this aspect speaks to MOTIVATION – the WHY and HOW behind some of my internal dramas.

Other than sexual chemistry, my mom and dad had very little in common; to say their relationship was volatile would be an understatement. Because of that they were constantly preoccupied in their war with one another (and later on with me) which meant there was no safe place for me to go and no one to consistently turn to (Moon in Aquarius) for the emotional/psychological nurturing I needed – that ALL children need.

It wasn’t all bad and I’m not blaming them – at least not anymore – but I can see how it shaped my perspective and posed a challenge to my sense of self. Your description, “You perceive that people impose their ego-driven desires upon you without taking your feelings into account.” reminds me of something I just heard Pema Chodron say about “shenpa”, those things that push our buttons and cause us to react (or hide). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlcA63n2JME&feature=relmfu

So I guess my parents were my first “teachers” in more ways than one, and good ones at that – lol! I’ve reached a point in my life where I’ve come to believe each external challenge represents another opportunity for me to master my own internal demons – you know, what you said “Incredibly inner compulsion to reach fulfillment. ”

You’re making good use of your Chiron/Mercury conjunction Michelle! I’m glad it falls in my 8th. :)

6. Leah-nine says:

I know a lot of people with Sun and Moon closely conjunct in Pisces, and from my perspective it’s definitely easy to see in those individuals how ego and feelings work together. I usually end up inadvertently hurting their feelings :/

As for my own- they’re both in Leo but not really in aspect (24º apart). I haven’t quite figured out how this relationship works or manifests yet, but this post certainly gives me a lot to think about! Thanks 8^D

• Leah-nine says:

Particularly this bit: “You perceive that people impose their emotional lives upon you without taking into consideration that it throws you off course. You perceive that people impose their ego-driven desires upon you without taking your feelings into account.” I’ve come to realize that the key word in this interaction is “perceive”– ultimately it’s my own responsibility to set boundaries and not take others’ feelings or actions personally (as seen by Moon conjunct Chiron opposite Saturn in the fourth). Again, a thousand thank yous, Michelle.

Taking things personally is both a strength and a challenge for people with Leo planets.

I usually end up inadvertently hurting their feelings :/
      I’ve found this to be true with people who have the Sun in Cancer and Moon in Leo too (mutual reception).

Maybe your parents had a similar viewpoint but didn’t really stand together. Talk about the potential for stage parents!

• Leah-Nine says:

“Talk about the potential for stage parents!” Ehhh-xactly. Although I have yet to see the strength in taking things personally- what do you mean by this?

Leo isn’t cold. Leo puts their heart into everything they do. When they get upset they get their heart involved in making things right. Instead of wondering what “the system” or “the authorities” can do, they wonder they personally can do. I think President Obama is a good example. Although he comes across as cool, calm, collect and intellectual (Aquarius rising), I think you can tell that he personally cares about what he is saying and it’s not just rhetoric.

7. Atlast says:

I feel this (3º) square is one of the strongest aspect in my chart. But since my sun conjunct my north node, I kind of naturally choose to follow my ego.

Also, once I read that when you have a square, to make it positive you have to ‘transforme’ one of the the planets in another sign (that is close to it), so it makes a sextile or trine. For exemple, I have cap sun and libra moon, so I use the manipulative powers of the librian to make the moon look like a scorpian moon, so it makes a sextile. Or, since my sun conjunct uranus, I use the aquarian caracteristics of my personality to match with the librian moon and make a trine!
    Hahah, hope it makes sence!

I have heard other astrologers mention transforming squares into trines, but never quite that way. I’m not sure I completely understand!

8. Low Gale Haze says:

Well, I have a conjunction, orb 6. Most of the negative aspects relates to me in some way. Maybe the spoiled brat part too. My parents are both the type who gave me the same identical ideas and also the type of opposite perspectives. I can’t understand my emotions most of the time, and both my moon and sun are trine neptune anyway (the sun being in a very loose trine), so it must be involved. “Mood and ego working against each other, or causing inner tension. Feeling like you can’t be yourself and be happy at the same time. Issues reconciling your emotions with who are you are inside. Pride versus caring. ” This quotation is what shows my main daily dilemmas. My south node and my dark moon are also conjunct they both, right in the middle, so they may give this conjunction the negative effects, I guess.

Do Pluto or Uranus have an influence on that conjunction?

• Low Gale Haze says:

Uranus and Saturn have a loose square to my Sun. Pluto have a tight sextile to my Moon, and they make a yod with my Mars. They don’t influence all the conjunction, but each of them have a finger on it.

Pluto “darkens” your Moon a bit with the tight sextile.

9. Dove Star says:

First up this morning, I started getting the word “safe.” I felt the Universe was assuring me that I was safe. And at one point, I felt that it was about expressing myself, safe to express my creativity. So this one spurred me: “Bold creativity versus wanting to feel safe and secure.” I resonated pretty strongly with the hiding thing too. As for parents, uh, they were total lunatics–endeavoring to apply normal terms and concepts to them is just crazy talk, lol ;)

I still don’t yet understand all this “aspects” stuff (my brain won’t be still long enough to let it cogitate, heh), but I’m realizing that I tend to be strongly affected by all the astrological goings-on. I’ll “get” stuff like the “safe” thing, and then happen upon some current astrological elaboration and it’ll be aligned with what I’m intuitively picking up on, which is kinda cool :)

Gotta be honest, I’m feeling the need to “hide” in this moment–fighting the urge to delete this and go on my merry way… Grrrr, wrangling it to the ground, lol ;) Sometimes I think I try to compensate by going too far in the other direction–expressing too much. I delete a lot of would-be tweets. I’ve really gotta get back to blogging, so much to express, and it all wants to leak out onto Twitter–or other people’s blogs ;)

Everything speaks to me. My email subject lines, repeated words. Like right now, first six emails, their subject lines… Lots of “s” words. Two of them have the word “safe”(one is about a product, the other is about investing) … two have the word “start” …

Phrases from these first six emails (unrelated emails, only two from same sender) in consecutive order (only one is referencing writing) … “start with your mindset” … “passionate”(part of a blogger’s name) … “is it safe?” … “waiting for the spark” … “signing up!” … “start your story” … “safe”

Remembering that I stopped blogging because I didn’t feel safe. Guess I need to do some work on that “safe” thing. Wondering why the emphasis on “s” words. Just popped into my head that it might be referencing Snake, a symbol of healing and transformation…awakening of creative energy.

Dove Ssstar ;)

Very cool Dove, thank you for sharing your observations.

I wonder if the emphasis on the word “safe” in email is an attempt to counterbalance the fear that is so palpable right now. Though, it may also have personal significance for you. – which it seems it does.

What about blogging doesn’t feel safe to you?

• Dove Star says:

I’m beginning to realize that life in general doesn’t feel safe to me, because life wasn’t safe for me as a kid. Even when I manage to manifest a life situation that somewhat resembles security, I subsequently manage to sabotage it. Our subconscious wants what it knows–what I learned as a kid was a lack of safety. And so that’s what I continue to perpetuate. But in that ongoing danger as a child, I also learned the defense of “hiding.” If I’m not seen, I can’t be hurt. And so my life has been primarily about that hiding thing–multiple ways of hiding.

On a superficial level I stopped blogging because I discovered an individual from my past was regularly reading my blog. This person had threatened me during my involvement with him, it reflected being threatened in the same way as a kid (my life, my survival). I wanted to take back control of that situation, so I eliminated something I loved (blogging) to do so. But I think that was just part of it. In general, I felt naked and vulnerable with my words and thoughts and creations just “out there” for anyone to see or take or criticize/ridicule. With Twitter, for some reason, I feel more hidden–I’m just giving little bits and pieces of myself, not the whole enchilada, ha. I can hide between the bits and pieces.

Dove

Perhaps being more selective about what you share and who you share it with is the answer. Uncensored opening up is probably better done in a diary. This is the internet and anyone can read what you write.

If you really feel threatened through your blog you could make it password protected. Then you would have the ability to block users. If you feel that the criticism is too much you can always turn off comments. That way you get to say what you want to say but you don’t have to worry about backlash. Just some thoughts :)

• Dove Star says:

I like to think I censor myself pretty well–mostly spoke of Tarot and my metaphysical adventures. I think too much censoring is going to make us come across as robotic or shielded. I had done quite a few blogs (maybe a hundred?) before I put it on private. And I got very good feedback, I enjoyed it very much. Again, I just let this individual from the past spook me. Even so, in hindsight, it seems I generally do things intuitively–often, even the things I seem to be doing in fear work out for the best. I think the “down time” for my blog was probably a good thing. I’ve always planned on “rebirthing” her at some point. A few more issues to work on, but hopefully I’ll be blogging again soon :) Thanks Michelle.

Dove

Sounds good. It’s hard to stop blogging once you start :)

If a 10 degree trine is considered then I have this aspect in the natal chart. My Progressed Moon is conjunct natal Sun.

Creativity versus wanting to hide..Inability to get clear about who you are and what your purpose is because of moment by moment fluctuations in mood and energy. Wavering vitality. Confidence fluctuates..You perceive that people impose their emotional lives upon you without taking into consideration that it throws you off course. You perceive that people impose their ego-driven desires upon you without taking your feelings into account…”

Uh huh!

Having the Moon in Leo alone will give some of the same traits as the Sun in aspect to the Moon. I wouldn’t give those similarities to the wide Sun/Moon trine, although, having the Sun and Moon in signs that are trine (even if not by degree) shows some harmony between your parents in the way they expressed themselves (even if they didn’t actually get along).

11. Merabhavishya says:

Ecellent articles and blog Visit http://Merabhavishya.in
    for mor articles about astrology,gemstones,palmistry, religious ,etc

12. David5379 says:

its all flip floppy for me, i can be emotional(pisces sun) but other times im just completely robotic and unemotional, examining my feelings like its data to be analyzed(gemini moon), to be fair my sun notices my moons behavior and i can have feelings about not having feelings, very flippy floppy

The flip floppy-ness is probably amplified by the dual nature of Pisces and Gemini.

Thank you for stopping by David 5379.

• David5379 says:

thank you, i have recently found this blog and its great stuff
        this flip flop thing came to a head and at its most extreme with my parents, though I curse virgo rising at times for the mixed message it sends out, i think it might have to be this levelheadedness that saves me from total indecisiveness and acting inconsistently, my duality is pretty contained, although having your sun opposition ascendant can make duality that much more complicated in some ways

• David5379 says:

but yeah, trying to discern where one part of me ends and the other begins feels nearly impossible, let alone when this highly impressionable nature interacts with others, theres a certain point i cant really comprehend or think about it anymore

Hi Alice,

Thank you for commenting but please stop using my site merely to advertise your own site (you did it three times). Your name already links to your web page without having to add an additional link to it.

Michelle

People with this aspect will drive me crazy and I wish..they dont have sun/moon aspect in Cancer lol

And you know what fascinating Mich? When a straight guy has strong moon influence, that doesn’t make him a bit feminine at all, NONE! If he has strong Venus, he might tad a bit narcissistic, metrosexual, artsy I mean the traits will be more visible outside

That also vice versa with woman. Strong Sun in woman makes her more assertive, dominant but those traits won’t make her a lesbian! if she has strong mars, competitive, join woman basketball team then people might questioning her identity more because Mars does make a girl a bit tomboy-ish in appearance wise.

I think Sun and Moon are universally genderless even though they have appropriate gender polarity but it’s hidden below any other influence :)
    That what I learned and observe so far.

I think all the planets are essentially genderless – even Venus and Mars.

I love these insights and I think you’re right. People l still have issues with men who aren’t aggressive and women who aren’t passive.

• Joswan says:

Lol yeah and you know what makes me passionate to learn this stuff? Because of my curiosity to know why a person could be a homosexual?

Astrologers come and go with astrology vs. homosexuality subject, but I think I just over zealous again with this case! :)
        Understanding relation between Sun-Moon-Mars and Venus is a basic foundation stone of my new theory

ecause of my curiosity to know why a person could be a homosexual?

From conversations that we’ve had before it seems to me that you struggle with the feeling that there is something wrong with being homosexual.

• Joswan says:

The cause..not because something wrong with it.

That’s good to know :)

• cat man du says:

Did I read it right, that you have issues with men who are not aggressive and women who are not passive?

Good catch Leah-nine, there was a miscellaneous “I” in that sentence. No, I don’t have issues with either of those groups of people.

14. Best psychic says:

Great article! Very nice commentaries about the sun/moon aspects. True, the people this kind of aspect tend to be a bit spoiled and self-indulgent. Keep up the good work.

I’ve been told I have an unaspected Sun, but it semisextiles my Moon at 1 degree orb (also semisquares Pluto tightly, another story). Also I have Moon-Mars conjunct in Leo, so definitely have ego-driven emotions! If my pride is hurt, rather than feeling sorry for myself, I’ve found it’s way more practical (Virgo Sun) to just admit I need what I need, take care of it, and keep it moving. Otherwise the feeling festers and mucks everything up. It’s a silly notion that people should just ‘suck it up’ and pretend that emotions can be conveniently put aside. They can, but for how long? And for what good? Emotions are another helpful input if you know how to read them.

The “minor” aspects don’t count when determining if your Sun is aspected. You use only the major aspects: conjunction, opposition, square, trine and sextile (I think thequincunx too, but I’ll have to double check).

The closest aspect to my Sun is a 6 degree square to Uranus. That may be too wide to make a difference, and an unaspected Sun is probably a similar vibe to Sun square Uranus type anyway. My experience with my parents screams “unaspected Sun” – my dad was very aloof, only relied on himself, came from a big family but was overlooked in a lot of ways. I inherited the attitude that you can’t expect help from anyone, and while it helps me in some ways, I’ve had to overcome my deep-seated fear of attachment in order to really grow up and do what makes me happy.

That sounds like Sun square Uranus.

• Swarmofgnats says:

I can totally relate to that. Leo Sun qx Saturn in a loosely conjunct stellium with Neptune/Uranus in Capricorn, and Venus in Leo qx Uranus: I have similar-sounding ‘problems’ with attachment. Usually I feel completely clueless as to the intention of any relationship, and cynical of others’ motives and how they could possibly infringe my personal freedom…

16. mirrorghost says:

thanks for this! though these are two of the most fundamental planets, i find understanding my sun/moon square really difficult…maybe because my moon is in the 12th.

i’ve got the sun in aries (3rd) as the crux of a t-square with moon in capricorn (12th) and lilith in cancer (6th). also mars square venus. i think gender issues/stuff weighs on my mind heavily and it’s difficult for me to relate to either gender much of the time (in their stereotypical guises that is.) most of my friends are pretty androgynous in their behavior, too.

If you have both Sun square Moon and Mars square Venus, then you have the traditional male/female planets in tension, so it’s understandable that gender identification would be a source of conflict for you.

• mirrorghost says:

yeah not identification so much, just intolerance for the extreme stereotypes of each gender, and not believing a lot of crap society tells us about our gender, and not feeling like i really relate to either gender sometimes. i don’t know, it’s hard to describe. i actually really value it, but it can also be stressful.

17. Dahaka says:

I have sun pisces in 5th house bi-quintile moon gemini in 9th house (Sun 6,23 deg. , Moon 20,50 deg.).
    Many people tells me I’m generally straith shooter and intelligent but my parents have stormy relationship and
    they divorced 5 years ago, so I’m stuggling for money and career I feel clashing in myself, maybe my saturn square ascendant causes this but I’m not sure. Generally with myself and with other people I feel comfortable but my parents put a lot of burden to my shoulders, I don’t know the quintiles, so Michelle can you illuminate me about the quintiles. And sorry for english.

Thanks.

Check out my two previous quintile and biquintile posts: http://astrofix.net/2010/09/27/quintiles-and-biquintiles/ and http://astrofix.net/2011/06/28/quintile-and-biquintile-quirks/

This article actually more conflicting than the rest of planet aspects. ^^ Why is it? Because The sun-moon aspect has “eclipse” on it! Gosh!!
    You might notice from last Saturday, Dec 10, that we just had a total lunar eclipse and I wont bark unless it has something to do with my natal planet conjunction, lol.
    The sun was on 18 degree Sag,  conjunct directly to my Uranus in 8th house
    It opposed moon in Taurus, just a few degree apart from my “personal mess” of lilith and chiron in 2nd.
    Can you guess?^
    My personal life almost exposed in front of public! I can’t tell the complete story in here ‘cuz it’s tooooo embarassing, it happen in school situation but it’s almost like…if a guy losing a flash drive and it found out by a nitty gritty founder, who browse around inside his personal data, or…a classic story about an employee facebook got tracked by company network, oops ^^
    The good news is…because my lilith and chiron aren’t exactly opposite uranus, then the embarassement isn’t necessarily revealed but the effect is enough to make people suspicious. lol ^^ like a rumor.

Yeah, I heard that eclipse means sudden-unexpected change in your life, the momentum event will come as a blink of an eye, is that true? I am curious about what’s your take on eclipse? ^^

If moon eclipse is about revealig something intimate on you, what about sun eclipse? Is that mean your ego might caught in the air? Oh, how embarassing if someone has ego as big as an iceberg and it’s all float? lol

I liked Big Sky Astrology’s take on the eclipse: http://www.bigskyastrology.com/full-moon-lunar-eclipse-gemini-beyond-words/

Personally? I’m not sure what to make of it yet. The Sun was in my 4th house and the Moon was in my 10th house. I attended a local astrology conference but I didn’t connect with anyone. It was disappointing. Everyone was very old. It got me thinking about how my area needs a younger person’s astrology group. Gemini is a sign that never ages – it’s always youthful and playful and game for nearly anything. I feel like that energy is missing from my life.

• Joswan says:

^^ Oh Mich, like we didn’t know that you start having name in astrology field. ;) Your eclipse story very fit to the theme. Annoying sags overide the creative wild-child of gemini! Ah, I forget about mercury connection with the gemini eclipse! Coincidentally, mercury also in Rx nowadays but I dont really entirely sure if it’s all about speech, like the site described. Gemini also a sign of binary, chemistry, creativity of the third sign, if we had eclipse over there…
        that could be some sort of mental blockage, some of our innate curiousity and mental alert was missing/diminish during the influence of eclipse. That could create cosmic imbalance since gemini is very essential in our life.
        Recently I stuttering, mumbling alot, it might because of the eclipse or maybe because I hv speech impediment, idk lol.^^

I feel like I can’t get my thoughts together – I’m inarticulate lately.

(((hugs)))

• Joswan says:

Good luck for the big day tomorrow ;)

Thanks! I think it went ok. I’ll probably post the audio tomorrow.

But I guess, I’m not the only one. Since my placement of Uranus shared by most of my generation (86’er)
    then most of us got punk-d, that including Gaga and her public perception of her career..^^
    Have you feeling that her agenda is more and more vulnerable? Like Gaga, please surprise us more, we knew about you already ^^
    Her video of Mary the Night is exactly about ..a rejection of her talent when she applied to major label and how offended she was back then. Despite of her house position, it’s very moon eclipse situational..

Gaga’s ascendant is up for dispute, isn’t it? Maybe it’s Sagittarius, not Scorpio? I don’t follow Gaga that closely – how do you think public perception has changed recently? Why is her agenda more vulnerable?

• Joswan says:

I think she masked her true astrology natal chart, I believe she’s into astrology ( I heard she has personal psychic who also read her sign) rich and powerful people use astrology and they won’t share their weakness to public ;)

I also sense she has ALOT of fire signs lol. She is what I call post-modernist junk yard. Everything from her was ironic nostalgia from the past. I think..with her and the era of hipster, we kind of not having much identity like we used to have from the 50’s,60’s,70’s,80’s even 90’s has personality although more vague compared to the rest.

I think in some point of her life, she must be tired to expected to create something new.
        The eclipse located around 1st to 12th house in the morning, Uranus conj Sun…oppose moon in between 7-8th (setting)
        if she went on a good day during the eclipse, good for her, otherwise…a fire person like her, possibly must encounter challenge somehow because of the eclipse, it’s inevitable. ^^

Interesting … I don’t find Fire signs to be ironic unless they have some kind of biting Scorpio influence. She does have the Moon and Pluto in Scorpio though – so there you have it!

20. Voyages says:

My son has:

Sag Sun (5th) trining Aries Moon (9th) and also a Leo Rising (not a Grand Trine though)

This gives me confidence that we are going to be able to nourish him to the “star” he sees himself as. His identity will be well integrated…
    His Sun and his Moon both sextile Neptune in the 7th….so my speculation is that my relationship with his mom will lead to a certain idealization of marital relationships.

21. goldengoose says:

I have the exact trine 0 deg orb, taurus sun cappy moon..This is the tightest aspect I have. When I talk to my friends or cousins about their childhood most will complain about this & that, I cant relate to them because I will automatically say I had a wonderful childhood. Sure we had issues growing up but my parents handled them well, whatever stress they had it wasnt shown, they’ve been married forever been best friends since they were 3yrs old.. Never saw my parents fight – ever. Spoiled -yep by both parents, my ego & emotions are right on que, well adjusted yep.

My moon is my most battered planet tsquare from uranus, opp saturn, mars, but rines venus & mercury. While my sun has all good aspects – mer & venus conjunct, sextile from saturn, mars. I am a happy go lucky grazin in the pasture taurean.

Is your mom a workaholic? Thanks for sharing your insights!

• goldengoose says:

No i dont think she was a major workaholic, busy with everything maybe but always had time to squeeze me in & do stuff with me. My brother is severly handicapped she was busy caring for him. She was aware of my cap moon opposite saturn/mars, square uranus tsquare..

22. Kleo says:

Sun in Pisces square Moon in Capricorn… I read on the Internet that you have to live your Sun and satisfy your Moon in order to be at peace. especially if you have the hard aspects between them. I’m still trying to figure out how to do that…