Mars/IC Aspects

sparklersLeader of the pack. Taking charge of your home and household. Running the house. One parent “ran the house.” Actively involved in family affairs. An energetic family. Liking to work on the house. Family involved in construction or contracting. Lots of house maintenance. Always busy at home. Fire under your butt. Domestic issues get your blood boiling. Getting heated about familial relationships. Blood is thicker than water.

Involvement with real estate. Being a real estate agent. Driven to have a home of your own. Motivated to find a family that you fit in with even if it is not your blood relatives. A military family. A sports’ family. A family of champions. A family of heroes. Looking out for the people you consider to be family. Willingness and ability to stand up for the people you consider to be family. Willingness to fight for your country. Fighting for your family. Members of Ancestry.com. Genealogists. Many family gatherings. Family reunions.

Domestic life is an issue. How you act when you’re home. A bully in the house. Domestic violence. Secret family violence. Bottled up anger. Sitting on angry feelings. Sexual undertones in the family life. An aggressive parent. An aggressive household. Power struggles at home. Fighting with your parents. Inner battle. Angry feelings. Struggles at home. Struggles with racial identity. Struggles with people of your own “kind” – whomever you view as family. Taking the side of one parent against the other. At war with one parent. Hostile home environment. Home is the battlefront. Domestic situations bring up feelings of irritation and touchiness.

Withdrawn energy. Energy that retreats into itself. Desire to stay at home rather than doing something out in the world. Energy conservation. Exercising at home. Having a home gym. Making room for your favorite sport in your backyard. Backyard competitions. You need an outlet for aggression at home. You need an outlet for competitive desires at home. Having everything you desire at your house. Nurturing masculine influence. A male dominant household. Inner motivation. Inner drive. Hidden desire. Hidden courage. The hidden warrior.

Planets in aspect to the MC, or Midheaven, are also always in aspect to the IC. Posts are split up between MC and IC to show the different point of view that each of the angles brings to the natal chart. To learn about the flipside of Mars/IC, read Mars/Midheaven Aspects.
People with Mars/IC aspects:

• Bill Gates: Mars conjunct IC in Libra
  • Shahrukh Khan: Mars conjunct IC in Sagittarius
  • Michael Jordan: Mars conjunct IC in Leo
  • Steven Seagal: Mars conjunct IC in Scorpio
  • Rene Zellweger: Mars conjunct IC in Sagittarius
  • Norah Jones: Mars conjunct IC in Pisces
  • Julian Assange: Mars conjunct IC in Aquarius
  • Jack Kerouac: Mars conjunct IC in Sagittarius
  • Betty White: Mars conjunct IC in Scorpio

Tags: , , , , ,

23 Responses to “Mars/IC Aspects”

1. Sidelong says:

“Withdrawn energy. Energy that retreats into itself. Desire to stay at home rather than doing something out in the world. Energy conservation. Exercising at home.”

This definitely fits with my life.
    I have Venus conjunct Neptune in the 4th, and Mars is Biquintile Venus and Quincunx Neptune. Hmm, I’ll have to dig into this further.

Thanks for the post.

2. Gobi says:

Any problem when transiting Pluto conj. Asc.?

3. veronica says:

marte en aries casa cuatro, oposicion a pluton casa diez, disgustos domesticos, rabia, pelea, sentimientos de irriabilidad, enojos me me producen la conducta de ambos, padres, madre dominante competitiva, padre de expresiones violentas,,,,,,insatisfaccion que muchas veces debo ocultar, suprimir, no demostrar que callo dentro de mi para evitar continuas rabias y peleas, es un aspecto demasiado dificil de lidiar con el genera angustia interna, no se lo deseo a nadie y muchas veces me acuesto y me levanto con esa bola de fuego hirviendo en mi alma, algun consejo astrologico ?, namaste.

Iniciar abordar la ira que tiene hacia sus padres – enfrentarlos. Si usted vive en casa, mudarse.

4. Viper says:

Will you consider Mars in cancer fitting the description of Mars aspecting IC?

There are some similarities but they’re not the same. I also have Mars in Cancer. Mars is how you act, how you get things done and Cancer shows exactly how you do that. Having Mars in the 4th or aspecting the IC, shows more where you apply that Martian energy.

5. msfullroller says:

Hey Michelle!!! Great to see you back writing again! Another great article!

I’ve got a wide(?) 4 degree orb of the 135 degree aspect that I don’t remember the name of. However, I related to this quite a bit. Many of the things mentioned I’ve been working through in the last decade.ie violence, sexual undertones, sitting on bottled up feelings etc. Maybe because Mars had progressed to and moved off that 165 degree aspect.

Gonna go back and but I would not be surprised if progressed Mars was on that aspect in the few years after I bought my house. During that time I really enjoyed working on my house and was alwyas working on the house in some way or another. And I put a volleyball ( yes a favorite sport) net in the backyard. And yep we’ve had some spirited backyard competitions. If I could, I’d have a couple of bowling lanes back there too. lol

I loved these statement too “having everything you desire at home…energy conservation”…but I really identified with the whole post despite having a minor aspect in my chart.

Hey :)

I’m trying to write but I’ve been incredibly busy. Seems saturn in the third, for me, has brought stressful issues of time management.

Anyway, did you see if mars was in the 4th when you bought your house?

• Chironsito says:

Great Blog; Keep up the good work!

6. Abby says:

Hey Michelle!

This is the first post that I have read of yours, I loved it! I will definitely be reading more and keeping up with your blog.

Question, what do you think “Nurturing masculine influence” refers to??

Thanks for writing :)

Abby

Men who care about their families, their children, and how their actions impact the world. They foster positive action in their surroundings.

7. Jahlia says:

I have Mars square MC, so what would that mean for my IC?

Mars should also be square your IC.

8. Z. says:

I have the sextile (Mars 11 Deg Sag, IC 10 Aquarius) and my mum has opposition (Mars 25 Deg Libra) . I’d rather exercise at home as opposed to going to gym or playing sports outdoor… well, the patio might do for some exercises. And I am quite concerned with domestic life (attitude of “who needs to lift weights and run when you just can do chores and get the same result on the muscles”), though this makes me rarely travel.

“Having everything you desire at your house” – definitely as the attitude, though I wish I had more room :)

“Withdrawn energy. Energy that retreats into itself. Desire to stay at home rather than doing something out in the world. Energy conservation. ” – home is so often on my mind when I am away, and I so often get to wander whether homies are ok.

Very long time ago there was domestic violence, though I only was witness to that and not participant.

“Struggles with people of your own “kind” – whomever you view as family. ” – sometimes my sister and sometimes me are being the nuisance of the family.

Thanks for reading and sharing, Z.

9. Z. says:

Michelle, I sincerely hope you write about Venus -IC aspects soon.
    There’s no finding interpretation of this over the internet. I believe I have the trine.

I hope I can do it soon. My life is quite busy right now and keeping me from blogging duties.

10. Freya says:

I am glad that you covered IC/ Mars aspect. I do have Jupiter conj my IC.
    IC shows the individual abilities, which may be reflected from individual history, life experience and which may need to be expressed during the time. Also IC shows the road of our life, or in other worlds it starts the axis (IC-MC) of our life’s direction; showing the source of our potency and power in the world. Actually, it makes a point from were we have come to where we wish to arrive during the lifetime.

1. Mars Midheaven Aspects | Mars MC Aspects | Mars 10th HouseAstroFix -