ounding to your sense of joy and laughter. Wounding to your sense of humor. Wounded sense of abundance. Feeling that there isn’t enough to go around. Going so far overboard that it hurts. Too much optimism. Stifling natural expressions of pain and sorrow. Being told to lighten up all the time. Being told not to take things so seriously. Wearing a forced smile. Smiling through grief. Feeling pained by people who are not comfortable expressing pain and sadness. Overwhelming people with your feelings that things are unjust, unfair or biased. Helping others to find natural joy. Real joy as opposed to forced joy and fake smiles. Joy and pain, like sunshine and rain. Laughing through the tears.
With Chiron/Jupiter, we could be obsessed with finding ‘higher meaning’ in the areas covered by the houses and signs in which the two planets are placed.
― Melanie Reinhart, Chiron and the Healing Journey
Healing by addressing the pain of a culture or people. Healing the truth. Finding your own truth. Knowing that the truth you’ve been told is flawed or skewed. Holding fast to your principles and beliefs. Having a set of principles based on experience. Having a belief system based on experiences of personal pain and the wisdom it took to overcome it. Finding wholeness by trying to do right. Civil rights activists. Religious nut cases. Cult leaders.
Magnified wounds. Too much self-reflection. Too much time spent pondering or pontificating. Overcome by a sense of meaninglessness. Pain blown out of proportion. Success through accepting your flaws and imperfections. Success through devoting yourself to those causes that have meaning in your life. Finding wholeness through embracing a moral or ethical stance. Gaining hope and faith by finding a good balance of joy and pain. Faith and belief in yourself based on wisdom gained through experience. Enthusiasm in the face of insurmountable odds. People who overcome the cultural odds.
Wholeness comes through being happy when you’re happy and sad when you’re sad. Healing comes through finding a way to rectify injustices in your culture or religion. Healing comes through finding a balanced moral stance. Healing comes through developing a personal code of ethics. Healing comes through discovering what is truly meaningful in your life. Healing comes through trusting in your own wisdom. Healing comes through taking in the big picture. Healing comes through interactions with people who have a different perspective. You’re a guru, mentor and teacher when you give advice based on real experience. You’re a force for healing when you can appreciate someone else’s perspective while being firm in your own beliefs. Wisdom comes through knowing when you’re taking a cause too far. Healing comes through remaining open and optimistic, and keeping your sense of humor.
With Chiron in aspect to Jupiter, we may secretly feel special, favoured and beloved of the gods. With this attitude, we can initially win a lot of good things in life with our firm inner belief that we deserve them, but rage and indignation follow the rude awakening to our mortal limits.
― Melanie Reinhart, Chiron and the Healing Journey
The key to healing is going big. The key to wholeness is expanding, even if others want you to contract. The key to healing is embracing your own culture, and the culture of other people as well. The key to healing is to travel. The key to healing is to take a broader perspective. The key to healing is to get outside. You are the guide to help others expand. You are the guide to help others embrace customs outside of what they are used to. You are the mentor to other foreigners who are struggling to fit in. You are the loophole who shows how it’s done.
- Belief & Fanaticism
- Culture & Customs
- Faithful & Philandering
- Global & Long-Distance
- Open, Expansive & Overwhelming
- Optimistic & Foolhardy
- Philanthropic & Spendthrift
- Philosophy, Worldview, & Meaning
- Protection & Cover
- Too much of a good thing
- Wise & Opinionated
- Cultural Attache
- Culture Icon
- Holy One
- Prest / Priestess
- The Devout
- The Judge
- The Law!
- The Opinionated
- An expanding waistline (weight gain)
- Jupiter/Saturn make a conjunction every 19.859 years
- Jupiter/Uranus make a conjunction every 13.81 years
- Jupiter/Neptune make a conjunction every 12.8 years
- Jupiter/Pluto make a conjunction every 12.46 years
- Pushing Through Time: Synodic Cycles and Their Developing Phases by Georgia Stathis
- The Wounded Healer
- Alternative medicine
- Chronic pain
- Damage / Hit points
- Healing & Wholeness
- Healing psychic wounds of rejection, restoring spirit to body (from the Centaur Report
- Mentor / Teacher
- Putting the 'Chiron' in chronic
- Unsolvable problem
- Shot by his pupil, Heracles, with an arrow poisoned with the blood of the Hydra
- He was shot in either the foot or the thigh
- Spent the rest of his life trying to alleve the pain of the wound
- He willingly gave up immortality to die and escape chronic pain
- Associate of the Centaurs: Pholus, Nessus
- Father of Euippe
- Grandson of Uranus
- Husband of Chariklo
- Son of Saturn (Cronus, Chronos, Kronos)
- Son of Philyra
- Teacher of heroes ( Asclepius, Aristaeus, Actaeon, Achilles, Jason, Medus) Source
- Victim of the Hydra. The arrow that hit Chiron was poisoned with the Hydra's blood (each time you cut one of the Hydra's heads off, two new heads grow).