Mars/Neptune Aspects

Quest Love with headphonesPutting energy into dance. Putting energy into the spiritual. Putting energy into meditation. Passive energy. Getting your groove on. Slow jams. Glamoring. Dazzling. Magicians. Sorcerers. Jedis. “These are not the droids you’re looking for.” Disappearing acts. Slipping in and out of roles. Con artists. Smooth operators. Soul men. Sex magic. Seduction. Ineffectual. Futile efforts. Sleazy actions. A weak father. Feeling that the men in your life are unreliable, weak or simply not around. No strong men in your life. Confusion about masculinity. The Sensitive Man. Spiritual men. Men who transcend the normal ideas of what it means to be masculine. Disillusioned with men. Feeling let down by men. Disappointed by people’s actions. Feeling that nothing you do matters. War of ideals. Compassionate action. Acting with sensitivity. Weak willed. Pushovers. Wafflers. Asserting your ideal visions. Acting on ideals. Championing the underdog. Spiritually competitive. Musically competitive. Poetry competitions. Asserting your imagination. The courage to let go.

The courage to act on behalf of a higher power. Using energy for a higher cause. Actions that serve a higher purpose. Sexuality that serves a higher power. Spiritual sexuality. Idealizing the sexual experience. Idealizing passion. Passionate about ideals. Wanting to physically merge. Physical surrender. Surrendering to your physical impulses, for better or worse. A drive that knows no limits. Having no boundaries surrounding what you will or will not do. Weak physical boundaries. Inability to say no. Acting like a martyr. Self-sacrificing. Spiritual energy. Refined, delicate energy. Actions that are dictated by other realms and otherworldly experiences. Spaced out. Asserting yourself in a chaotic manner. Unfocused energy. Diffused, permeable energy. Selfless efforts. Having no idea what to do next. Difficulty accessing personal will power. Difficulty acting on your own behalf. Putting yourself last.

Acute physical sensitivity. Dulling your senses as a way to cope with anger. Using drugs, alcohol, sex…or anything really to drift out of reality rather than deal with anger. Daydreaming as a response to anger. Spacing out to cope with anger. Finding a spiritual path that helps you release anger. Releasing energy through imaginative, dream-like experiences. Releasing energy through meditation. Active meditation. Active dreamers. Acting like a flake. Film actors. Magnetic sexuality. Conveying a sexual presence on film. The ability to mesmerize. Finding an outlet for anger through acting, dancing or music. Dancing your ass off. Competitive dancing. Violent dreams. Delusional behavior. Ecstatic dance. Moving energy in imperceptible ways. Dealing with forces that other people have trouble seeing or recognizing. Psychic energy. Reiki. Tai chi. Subtle force. Acting on dreams. Unrealistic approach. Indistinct sense of direction. Impatience that dissolves. Energy that dissolves. Force that dissolves. Courage that dissolves. Transcendental energy. Avoidance. Escape. Drifters. Grifters. Passionate poets. Melting sexuality. Pervasive lust. Fighting ghosts. Fighting addiction. Sexual fantasy.

People with Mars/Neptune aspects

• David Blaine: Mars sextile Neptune
  • Bill O'Reilly: Mars quintile Neptune
  • Stephen Moyer of TrueBlood: Mars semisquare Neptune
  • Pam Grier: Mars biquintile Neptune
  • Alec Guinness (Obi Wan Kenobi): Mars conjunct Neptune (Mars is his chart ruler as well as the dispositor of his Sun and Venus in Aries)

121 Responses to “Mars/Neptune Aspects”

1. Empowering Astrology says:

I have Mars (11 Sag) conjunct Neptune (17 Sag) in the 12th. Very true indeed.

2. Empowering Astrology says:

I have Mars (11 Sag) conjunct Neptune (17 Sag) in the 12th. Very true indeed.

Thanks for reading Katie :D You’re like a travelilng magician- do you have a caravan?

• Empowering Astrology says:

Ha. I do have a large caboose. And if by caravan you mean the New York City subway, then yes. Throw in Mercury at 17 Sag and it’s practically a party, but it’s all square Saturn (12 Virgo). Harrumph. If anyone wants to complain about having Mars square Neptune, talk to me about my Mars square Saturn.

Ah…that square to Saturn in Virgo cuts down on the gypsy factor. Mars square Saturn seems like a rough aspect in many ways.

• Empowering Astrology says:

Saturn makes you work hard, but first you have to overcome a lot of fears and self doubt.

• visions says:

mars square saturn is the worst aspect to have in astrology : /

Rx Mars in Pisces understands this from the receiving end. It’s a test. Mars square Saturn has alot of endurance. Gotta admire that but not when I’m the target.

• Mountain Goat says:

I have Mars in opposition to Saturn and square Neptune. I think it’s a miracle that I am still alive in my late 40′s.

• Jah- Afiya says:

Hey Mars twin! I am also Mars 11sag conjunct n.node 10sag and neptune 10sag! We should connect!

3. Totefee says:

I have Mars-Neptune square :-/

It’s not totally bad, what do you think of it? My boyfriend also has this aspect- Mars in Leo square Neptune in Scorpio.

I personally like my Mars-Neptune square, although yes, it does have its negative side. But it’s so useful for the kind of life I lead! I have Mars at almost 2 Pisces in H9, and Neptune at 6 Sagittarius in H6. Perhaps because I think of myself as a “solo artist” in the world even as a relatively young man, someone who has no family, (my parents are deceased and I have no other family really) I’ve felt for a long time that I have to drift and grift my way through life however it’s necessary. Mars square Neptune makes this MUCH easier. The aspect is another “psychic antennae” aspect although the Mars in Pisces part really helps. The aspect allows me to become a chameleon, it’s like I can fit into any situation. I’m also always being accused of “sneaking” up to people, but I’m just very, very quiet when I walk. I’ll walk into a room and no one will know I’m there, and people will go on talking shit about me, and I’ll just listen! Then say “HI!” My roommate’s jumped a foot in the air so many times because she didn’t realize I was in the room! (And she has a habit of chomping her gums about my faults when she thinks I’m not in the room, which is funny.) Something about Mars square Neptune is like an invisibility cloak or something. Useful. The bad side is that it’s all too easy to deceive others. The ability to be an actor can be taken too far.

Transiting Mars is conjunct my Neptune today, too! heh

Perfect timing- woohoo!

I’m also always being accused of “sneaking” up to people
          That’s funny! I always tell my boyfriend to “stop stealthing around.”

Invisibility cloak is a great phrase for Mars/Neptune. I agree about the possible deceptive nature of this aspect too.

• Low Gale Haze says:

I also have this aspect and have the same atribute of invibility cloak, but both of the planets are retrograde in my chart, with mars in 9°aries and neptune in 7°capricorn. The best part is that even sneaking up easily to anyone, I am also very visible in a crowd. I think this aspect maybe have something to do with some kind of masochism, what you think? Maybe I’m drifting too high right now, or maybe I’m exagerating in the self-sacrificial part of the aspect.

I think this aspect maybe have something to do with some kind of masochism, what you think? /i>
              I think that’s a possibility, though I wonder if Saturn or Pluto would also be involved. Sexual gratification from humiliation certainly seems like a Mars/Neptune thing.

Thanks for reading Low Gale Haze :D

I do have a very kinky sexual side that includes submission, bondage, rope, etc! But I don’t see it as self-sacrificial. Even as the “submissive” one, I’ve always seen myself as actually in the “power position” in the relationship.

Why do you think that is?

Well speaking strictly sexually, when you act submissive you’re giving your partner “permission” to act dominant. Since the act is in reality a mutually agreed on drama and any apparent disparities in power relations are just illusions! And of course when you act in a “perverted” manner, you’re giving your partner permission to see his fantasies in the privacy of his bedroom! etc

• Veda.Mooon says:

The master slave dialectic. Typically dominant characters and decision makers find release in being submissive and not having to make decisions in bed. I have Mars conjunct Neptune in 12th house Sag. I’m heavily into submission and bondage. I’m a very dominant person in my day-to-day life.
                    I also have Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, & Pluto conjunct in my 10th house Libra.

I was just remembering the nickname my best friend used to always give me! It may be a bit offensive for some, but it was always in fun– “Stealth Fag.” Because no one could tell I was gay at all, never showing up on anyone’s “gaydar” and then BAM, I’d always end up finding some guy to take home anyway. Talk about stealth!

4. visions says:

i have mars square neptune ! i think i am blinded about goals in my life and how i act sometimes, fighting ghost like don quichotte and using my energy for wrong cause if i don’t serve a collective cause, leak of sexual energy is obvious i guess, but if the energy is put into spiritual forces so you can be so glamour and charismatic without talking that everyone look at you ! i guess the square is less challenging as we age because we know a lot more about how neptune want to lose us.

• visions says:

fortunately my mars square netpune is a separative one ! I am prone to believe someone like me when he doesn’t or tend to think someone hate me while he likes me lol mars in 7th square the 4rth, i have to learn to be patient and be more discriminative in my relationship !

There might be something else playing into that mix too- maybe Mercury/Neptune?

• visions says:

yes mercury/neptune probably play a lot and i see that you know my chart :D, the question is how to not give into things that are bad for me ? :D

SAVE ME michelle :D

i think mars square neptune could lead you to retreat sometimes from relationship because of atmospheric sensitivity : when we are bad, often that means something is wrong around us, wrong vibes ,wrong people etc…

That’s a possibility. If you’re picking up on the vibes around you then those vibes may affect your behavior.

how to not give into things that are bad for me ?
            I think you’re being rhetorically, but I’ll give you an answer anyway. Begin to take the view that your actions must all serve a higher purpose- what that higher purpose is is up to you. I think Mars/Neptune can have issues with aim. Setting a course for yourself based on a selfless goal can help you stay on track.

• Midnite Miles says:

For me personally, I feel like my Mars in Pisces 7th house sextile Neptune in Capricorn 5th makes me apprehensive to getting in relationships because  I can pick up most of my partners subtle emotions, especially doubt, deceit, and aggravation so it makes me a little hyper sensitive (especially with my Moon in Scorpio)

Also, more than just being sensitive, I feel like I fall in love too fast with the wrong people because I’m so immediately jacked in to their emotions and inevitably I believe their subtle emotions and undercurrents more than whats right in front of my face, so I get fooled in relationships somewhat easily, but never surprisingly. Mars/Neptune = Boundary issues.

Being able to get that close to people psychically without having to truly get to know each other leads to a lot of potential heartbreak and problems, so I just try to steer clear of relationships all togetherm but I still giggle and sigh a little every time somebody tells me “I feel like I’ve known you forever!!”

Do have anything in the 8th house?

There is a part of Mars/Neptune aspects that wants you to give in and stop fighting. Sometimes you give into things that are bad for you, other times you give in to spiritual surrender.

5. JChiron says:

Mars in Scorpio (10th) Sextile Neptune in Capricorn (1st) by 1 degree.

Dancer, dreamer, psychic, disillusioned by men, apparently sexuality magnetic, partake in some “addictions”, love active meditation. My roommates are well aware of my stealth like abilities. I should become a dancing psychic ninja assassin :D

Oh maybe expressing anger through tears? Fire transforming into hot angry watery tears. Anger is the hardest emotion of me, it feels like my body physically cannot handle it. Its this hot burning from this inside that feels like it might consume me. So I dance it off, sweat it out, cry it out, or actively meditate it out of my system.

I think that’s actually your Mars/Pluto conjunction because that’s just how I feel- like I’m burning from the inside out.

Actually I think Mars square Neptune does have a hard time expressing anger… I have this same problem. I very, very rarely outward express anger at all, and I almost never cry. The only time I cry is at movies, in the dark. And I don’t have the nasty Pluto energies– just a Pluto trine Venus. Mars square Neptune is very sensitive to other people, boundaries are diffuse, and it’s just easier to retreat into an inner world than present one’s true emotions to others.

I agree with all of that- getting angry to the point of tears, but, I do think the feeling of burning up inside-out is a Mars/Pluto thing.

• dollsizedpistol says:

Yes to the last sentence!! I have the conjunction 2 degrees apart in my first house – I’m very sensitive to everything around me and my first line of defense against this is to retreat. Stored anger, rage, disappointment, etc.. instead of acting them out, I just become hard to reach (at least, that was my pattern in the past).

Also because of something going on with the way I express myself, I’m not sure many people.. or really, anyone I know besides my mentor – would describe me as ‘sensitive’. Probably largely because a lot of people equate ‘sensitive’ with a sniveling wreck who gets their feelings hurt by everything. Maybe sensitive people can be sniveling wrecks sometimes, but it’s not necessarily because they’re neurotic! Mostly they are not all over the place because someone has hurt THEM, they are all over the place because they are feeling everything in their environment.

I think extreme sensitivity has been misunderstood this way because all those extremely non-empathic people out there don’t understand being affected emotionally by anything other than a direct assault on them.

I think sensitivity is misunderstood. In addition to everything you said, a lot of very sensitive people don’t show it – they don’t cry, they don’t talk about it, and it may not have anything to do with emotional states. There seems to be levels of sensitivity: Emotional sensitivity, psychic sensitivity, sensory sensitivity, physical sensitivity. Perhaps a person can possess all, none, or a few of these states of sensitivity. Some people handle their sensitivity by getting angry, some by crying and some by turning into stone.

Exactly! I’m a case of an “extreme sensitive” but I don’t express what I’m picking up, I just store it all. I’ve been told many times that I’m “inscrutable,” more a Scorpionic trait than a Taurean one.

I forget…is Pluto in aspect to your ascendant? Pluto on the IC square Cancer ascendant?

I do have Pluto conjunct the IC, but not in aspect to my Asc. However I have the antiscion of Saturn conjunct my Asc, as well as Sirius conjunct my Asc, and Neptune in exact biquintile to the Asc, and Mercury sextile the Asc.

Perhaps that Neptune bq Asc is what makes you inscrutable.

Probably adds to that whole “sneaky ninja OH THERE YOU ARE! damn I need to put a bell on you” thing too.

Lol..yes!

• Dove says:

I agree. And I think all of those levels are intertwined, and we experience and express them in varying degrees. Different levels and degrees at different times… Some of us more plugged into it, more accepting of it than others, but I think we’re all “sensitive.” It’s just, this world has taught us, it isn’t acceptable…that it isn’t the truth or a good thing. So we contain it, rather than being deemed a “freak.” Under the anger, the crying, the “stone” is fear. When it gets to depression/crying, we’ve already been angry for a long time. We’re a world seething with anger — and consequently, we’re now seeing a lot of “explosions” in our outer world, reflecting that. It can only be contained for so long. Emotions are powerful. We all feel it, just most of us deny it. Obesity and dis-ease are all “explosions” of anger from within showing how much we swallow and ignore it.

There’s no greater urgency than for us to awaken to this, to realize how potent our emotions are–that we’re creating this chaotic world by dishonoring/ignoring them, not expressing them in a healthy way. Even many of the well-known spiritual gurus aren’t getting this — and are consequently experiencing the ill effects of trying to “positive-think” so as to “eliminate” or, as some religions call it, “transform” their so-called negative emotions.

There’s nothing wrong with anger or sadness–we were meant to experience them, we need them–they are a part of us, of this reality. When we hate/deny them, we hate ourselves, which will always lead to self-destruction — and we are the world… Anger and sadness, they become ugly and dangerous only when we dishonor them, allow them to fester within. We need to teach our children that expressing their anger in a healthy, non-destructive way is a positive and healthy thing. We should endeavor to see our anger as a precious child within, that hungers for respect, acceptance, love and understanding–and encouragement to feel and express whatever it needs to express, without having to feel shame to do so.

Anger, like fire, will either destroy us–or be our “savior.” Notice that “anger” is just one letter from being “angel” ;) My affirmation: I am so grateful for my blessed anger, it has literally saved my life so many times.

Dove

Thank you for your thoughts Dove.

• dollsizedpistol says:

I really agree with most of what you’ve said, Dove. One thing that I don’t agree with is that EVERYONE is sensitive. Not in this lifetime, on the very human level on which we interact. I think this is a very common misconception of sensitive people that can lead to a lot of pain! I’ve been in intimate relationships with people who were truly insensitive – narcissistic, close to it, or just plain old self-contained – before I stopped idealizing people. It’s nice to love everyone on soul level, etc. and so forth, but I’ve also had to come to understand that in this lifetime, some people have chosen to be jerks! And they’re not going to change because I gave them lots of love. Sad but true. I’m coming to balance my open-hearted nature with discernment now, but it’s been a painful process.

6. tatiana.larina says:

I find it somehow troubling that I should have the same Mars -Neptune quintile as Bill O’Reilly (of course since I am much younger , we are talking about different signs, and maybe also about different houses). But on the other hand it’s somehow intriguing to think that he may be sharing some of the Mars/Neptune features from your description I identify with.

Bill O’Reilly popped into my head while writing this and Ithought that he just had to have this aspect- and he does. He has a way of being subtle and possibly deceptive, but doing it in a rather charming way- there’s also a bit of Leo arrogance thrown in.

7. Brue says:

hey michelle, i really love what you write about thoose aspects, it’s interesting how you put thoose words together in that brainstorm way. just wondering when you’ll make sun/other planets aspects, because i have lots of then, more than with any other planet.
    thaanks for reading

Hi Bruce,

I’m thinking about doing Mercury aspects next and then the Sun’s aspects. I’m glad you like these brainstorms- thank you for reading my blog :D

• visions says:

yeahhh mercury !! i have mercury trine jupiter :D mercury trine uranus and mercury conjunct mars !!!

8. Alex says:

9. Alex says:

“so… if i have venus in aquariuns – pluto in scorpio but don’t have a square by degrees, do i still have this aspect in my chart? ”
    sorry, i mean mars in aquarius – neptune in scorpio

No, you don’t have any actual square by degrees, but you may still relate to many of the descriptions because the planets are square by sign.

• Alex says:

oh, that’s right, i really feel sometimes that i’m a weak father, and the part “Ineffectual. Futile efforts. Sleazy actions.” always plays a role in my life, probably because of the tension…

I’m sorry that you feel that way Alex.

10. dollsizedpistol says:

I really love this, thanks for writing it. A list like this is such a great way to get a feel for all the ways these planets together can manifest!

You can add Charlie Sheen to your celebrity list – he has the conjunction, like me.

Mine is at the end of my first house, in Cap – Neptune at 10 and Mars at 12.

Charlie Sheen – I’ve been considering writing about his chart for some time. I haven’t studied his chart in depth but I am intrigued by what might motivate his actions.Thank you for reading dollsizedpistol :D

11. Aycan Aşkım says:

I have mars trine neptune… I like dancing very much, especially Flamenco, Oriental, and some archetypical dances… I like primitive rhytms and drums souds…
    aycelina

Wonderful use of Mars/Neptune :)

• Anany83 says:

i also have this aspect,mars trine neptune(i also have venus trine neptune).recently i have developed an interest in dancing….drums…oriental….dreamy rhythms.

do u think i should take some classes?

ananya

From what I’ve read, and what people with this aspect have told me, dance is an amazing release for Mars/Neptune people. You could take classes, or you could try a free form dance class. You would probably love it.

12. Aycan Aşkım says:

I have mars trine neptune… I like dancing very much, especially Flamenco, Oriental, and some archetypical dances… I like primitive sounds, rhytms and dances especially drums…

13. Msfullroller says:

This is another aspect that is only reflected in my progressed chart, but I can relate to a lot of the post. Mars has progressed to Taurus and is opposing Neptune in Scorpio.

“…Asserting yourself in a chaotic manner. Unfocused energy. Diffused, permeable energy…Having no idea what to do next. Difficulty accessing personal will power. Difficulty acting on your own behalf. Putting yourself last…”

This sooo accurately describes me the last 4-5 years or so!

Just seeing this comment…

It’s great to read how these different aspects are working for you in progression :)

14. annjulieann says:

I have Mars opposite Neptune. I have been called enigmatic and indescribable by several people. They cannot pin me down. And yes, I am such a dreamer that sometimes I never get anything done but dream. I write a lot and i am into music and literature. I have a lush imagination.

I have Mercury and Mars conjunction but oppose Neptune….. no wonder I enter an awesome dance stance when I dance… like im another person. :)

I’ll bet ;)

Thank you for reading Christina.

no problem. Luv astrology. :)

15. Claire says:

brilliant. I have the exact conjunction. I have it the 8th in Libra along with Venus.

How do you experience it? Thank you for reading Claire.

16. Guest says:

why the fuck can’t you write complete sentences?

For the Planets in Aspect series I have chosen not to in order to avoid burnout. In total there will be at least 100 combinations and I’m not even half way through. If you don’t like the style of these posts try any other post in any other category, or read a different blog.

17. Mert says:

i have Mars (3 Gem) Bi-Quintile Neptune(11 Cap)…
    what does it show, you think?

Ah, I see you have been here.

What are some of your ideas about this aspect? How do you think it works in your life?

• Mert says:

“Disappointed by people’s actions. Feeling that nothing you do matters. War of ideals. Compassionate action. Acting with sensitivity.”,”Actions that serve a higher purpose”
        “Asserting yourself in a chaotic manner” ,” Spiritually competitive…”
        Since my moon and ascendant in pisces and have a conjunction with each other, all of them is true.. especially when i am alone, i always think about these concepts in my mind + my “neptune-moon-jupiter” yod(Finger of God) increases the power of these aspect’s effects dramatically…. You have right to say.. with these aspects how can you still be living in these real world not the ideal, fantasy world ? :P
        well i have an enormous spiritual awareness, mars in gemini helps me to maintain it in a non-abstractal way…

• Mert says:

By the way, i like your style a lot, the way your website looks and the way you write is not an usual way so it is fun =))) Ofcourse listening people’s advices is a good thing but dont consider the the post below =)))

:) Thank you Mert.

18. Jd Davis says:

Thanks this really helps me recognize the neptune in my life :)

Thank you for reading Jd.

19. Nate says:

Wow. This has got to be the most accurate interpretation of this aspect on the web. I have  8’45 Mars (10th) Aries, Square 9 Neptune (6th) Capricorn. Neptune also rules my Midheaven.

My thoughts on this aspect is that in its raw form it manifests as issues with sexuality, confusion about being assertive /anger/desire. The tendency towards fanaticism ( i was a hardcore christian for a few years).

But the interesting thing I find about this aspect is that it FORCES you to seek spiritually. Because you are so in tune with your garbage eventually you can’t handle it anymore.

Working with the energy in a conscious way has lead me deep into the arts. I act, write songs, write scripts. dance. Spiritual seeking is a key part of my life (though Neptune’s exact sextile to North Node in the 9th helps too). Once you transcend ego identification this is a really beautiful aspect. Highly sexual, spiritual, and artistic. I study a lot of David Deida’s material. He gives talks on how to radiate sexual energy in every moment and use it as a practice to open to the divine. Power of Now and The Book of Secrets (deepak) were really important for me spiritually.

Whenever I get conjunction transits to these planets I usually have a very pleasant time.

I find that it brings the relationship between the ego and the spirit to the forefront. If conflict exists in your relationship to either of the ‘selves’ it will manifest as problems. Otherwise the energies of Divinity, Sexuality, and Art can manifest in beautiful ways.

The tendency towards fanaticism ( i was a hardcore christian for a few years).I imagine that Jupiter or Saturn might be involved too.

But the interesting thing I find about this aspect is that it FORCES you to seek spiritually. Because you are so in tune with your garbage eventually you can’t handle it anymore.I love that :)

• Nate says:

Yeah, I think Saturn was going through my 12th house around the time I was heavily into it.

I have retrograde Jupiter in the 11th. I’ve heard retro jupiter points to people who’ve experienced spiritual prosecution in their past lives. Which makes sense because during a past life session I saw myself at a guillotine.

I also read that sagittarians are drawn towards dogma in their younger years so they can learn the necessity of freedom of thought. So I needed to go through at as part of my growth process.

An appealing idea :)

20. big dipper says:

mars opposite neptune. i get a lot of sexual thoughts of any kind, and im not a guy. i know that sounds creepy, im not sick or anything (or am I o.o) but they do occupy a bunch of my mindly space. i love that you express the aspects in phrases. ive always thought of articles as king size mattresses :) they make much more sense and are much more applicable because they are so  broad

Thank you for stopping by, big dipper :)

• Albano Mikaela says:

love your blog! I have Mars in Leo biquintile capricorn in my first house! what does that mean?

Which planet does Mars biquintile?

• Mikaa says:

Neptune..

• Mikaa says:

Neptune..

Does any of this article resonate with you? Although it is not about the biquintile in particular, all Mars/Neptune aspects have things in common.

21. mirrorghost says:

wow, my boyfriend has them conjunct, but out of sign. a lot of this sounds A LOT like him. plus he’s a pisces.

Anything in particular?

• mirrorghost says:

well, honestly, nearly all of them, but these struck me as especially true:   Passive energy. Disappearing acts. Seduction. Ineffectual. Futile efforts. Acting with sensitivity. Wafflers. Actions that are dictated by other realms and otherworldly experiences. Spaced out. Unfocused energy. Diffused, permeable energy. Having no idea what to do next. Difficulty accessing personal will power. Violent dreams. Dealing with forces that other people have trouble seeing or recognizing. Psychic energy. Unrealistic approach. Indistinct sense of direction.Courage that dissolves. Transcendental energy. Avoidance. Escape. Feeling that the men in your life are unreliable, weak or
        simply not around. Confusion about
        masculinity. The Sensitive Man. Spiritual men. Men who transcend the
        normal ideas of what it means to be masculine.

and these are things i feel between us: Sexuality that serves a higher power. Spiritual sexuality. Idealizing the sexual experience.

Do you have Mars/Neptune in your chart, or Venus/Neptune?

Interesting list, Mountain Goat. Do you have a Mars/Neptune aspect?

• Jose Wales says:

Yes, I got it bad. Mars sq. Neptune, with other aspects to Neptune.

23. Alter says:

Sesquiquadrate; Its a very weird aspect, I’m just starting to get my head around. Its not as easy to deal with as the Quintile, I’ve been dealing with Quintiles for more than a decade, but Sesquiquadrate has only recently been something I’ve looked into even slightly.

The husband has Mars Opposition to Neptune.. both are very interestingly placed. His Mars tops the Neptune, by conjunction to Mercury and N.N. and Algol… as well as a wide conjunction parting  out of sign to the Sun. He gets weird about people’s ideology, where as I think I’m more tolerant. His Opposition is aspected harmoniously by Chiron and Saturn (so its a functional outlet for those kind of energies, to negotiate the balancing)

Sesquiquadrates seem to pose real problems. In Aspects in Astrology by Sue Tompkins, there is a section about sesquiquadrates in which she says that accident charts often have more exact sesquiquadrates than the average chart. I’m not sure exactly what to think of that yet.

• Alter says:

Accidents! AHHHHH! There you go! This is why if I have to dare, make certain to be over-insured and over protected.. I cycle with a helmet that has teeth protectors because I’m so “accident prone” to my face, landed on my face and scratched my teeth one time to know I never want to feel THAT again. I tend to land face first in spite of what seems to be a certain “grace” people say I have. Yeah.. I know that I could easily trip over my own feet not in the way of me!

24. Theolisbth11 says:

So true about the men i grew up with in my life.
    my mars is in cap and scropio

25. Theolsbth11 says:

Ops i meant….

Feeling that the men in your life are unreliable, weak or simply not around. No strong men in your lifeRead more: http://astrofix.net/2010/11/06/marsneptune-aspects/#ixzz1gRmdiCdl
    true about the men i grew up with in my life.
    my mars is in cap and neptune in cap… which are both in my 8th house…what does that mean?

It shows some deep issues with those weak men in your life. You probably encounter a lot of those issues through sexual relationships and deep encounters with other people.

26. Asdf says:

my natal mars in cancer opposes natal uranus and neptune (both in capricorn, now you know how old I am haha), and squares my natal sun & asc., both in Libra. I have represented the male energy in almost every relationship I have ever been in, and have come to enjoy it, if not expect such a mantle.

mars sq. nep…i am doomed to be controlled or deceived by men :P

• pinstru says:

Wow that’s cool….both my Mars and Venus are in Cancer and they both oppose Neptune just like yours, but my sun is in Virgo tho…hmmm interesting lol

27. Kathy says:

My Mars in Virgo (11th) is experiencing an opposition to transiting  Neptune (5th). Confusion has become apparent in my life. Alot of what you have written is active in my life. I have my Sun conjunct Neptune natally. You would think that I would be used to dealing with Neptune energy.

After reading through the comments, I think I will try to find an outlet for this energy. Thank you for everyones comments here. Michelle, you have put together a great site.

28. Thomas Baker63 says:

Mars in Sag (5th) semisextile Neptune in Cap (6th) very fun aspect! ^-^

29. Sally Thurston says:

This site blows me away.  I just broke up with a guy who had natal Mars opposite Neptune ( and Venus, along with Saturn opp. Mars/Venus also).  It’syourhe observations  about ‘dance’ that blew me away.  This guy, age 59, would get onto a dance floor and just move his feet like crazy and fast and strange and monopolize the whole floor, people moving aside.  So when you repeatedly mention ‘strange’ and ‘dance’, man did it apply in this case.  I was just embarrassed at the weird display.  (But what broke us up was my Uranus square his Venus, Mars, his Uranus square my Asc. his Saturn opp. my Moon, etc.).  What a marvelous site.  I must read it all now.

Thanks, Sally … I’m glad you’re enjoying it :)

30. Simon says:

As a fellow astrologer (rather lapsed, perhaps!), I offer you a “bravo!” for this very insightful set of words in regards to Mars and Neptune. I love astrology for how one single aspect can birth so many separate characteristics, and this article is an excellent example of that.

31. Scorpio Dwad says:

I have in my natal chart Mars opposite Neptune. I Am definitely the type of person to do my “dreams”. I am DEFINATLY a drifter. Have left many relationships openended and soon after started a new one. I do deceive but the truth is usually discovered. A feeling of being psychologically naked and having no way to have privacy is common. So I often avoid social interaction. It is really too much for me. I also have acquired some conditions which are currently a mystery to me as I’ve been to the doctors about this a few times to no avail. and I am still pretty young. I feel like an old spirit.

Which houses are Neptune and Mars in?

32. Dancer says:

I have Merc-Mars-Nep tightly conjunct in Scorpio. Venus sits at the midpoint of Merc-Mars/Nep (by sesquiquadrate). I’m extremely creative and artistic. Acting, singing, yoga, competitive dancing, photography, etc.. I’m very idealistic, very spiritual (not religious), great at visualization, have an overactive imagination, love fantasy (movies that deal with supernatural, magic, otherwordly, etc.. REALLY appeal to me!) and have pretty strong powers of manifestation (overall). I used to space out and daydream a lot when I was younger. I’m much more focused now. Men in my life have been major disappointment and mostly unavailable, absent, unreliable, unfaithful, etc.. even though I’ve been told I am extremely sexy, seductive, charming, etc.. but they always seem to be unavailable, either emotionally, geographically or otherwise. Transiting Neptune will trine my natal Merc-Mars this year… I’m hoping this will give me an extra edge in competitive dancing! :D

Interesting, how will transiting Mars in Libra affect your chart?

• Dancer says:

T. Mars (in my 3rd H) is currently stationed at a square to my natal Jup at 28Cap (Sat-Jup conj with Sat being at 23Cap) and will Rx over my Sun (by conj) and then station on my Ven/Sat, Ven/Jup midpoints at 9Lib before going direct. I have a few trips planned for the year (mostly dancing competitions and all within the US) which might explain the activity in my 3rd H as far as Mars is concerned.

However, there’s a lot more going in the big picture…

Interestingly, T. Sat is stationed on my Sun/Ven midpoint right now and sxt natal Venus… and SA Venus will conj my natal Moon (and my Ven/Mar midpoint) by Nov of this year. This will correspond to T. Jup stationing on my Sun/Ven! That’s 2 outer planet transits stationing on my Sun/Ven in the same year! I was hoping this might bring romance into my life (something more stable for a change!) but so far nothing.. Venus rules my 3rd and 10th houses. My career shows no signs of improvement either (so far).

33. ludwig says:

I got the trine in my Mars persona chart. :)