Sun/Neptune Aspects

Unicorn cloudElusive. Mysterious. Fascinating. Someone you can never quite put your finger on. You are not entirely knowable to yourself, or to others. You resist personal definitions and labels. People cannot easily define or label you. Having only a vague sense of who you really are. Your core self is ever-expanding. You seem haunted. Refusing to face truths about yourself. Refusing to face truths about your life. Avoiding responsibility. Playing the victim. Playing the martyr. A spiritual person. A mystic. Slipping through the cracks. The ability, or misfortune, not to be seen. Extreme sensitivity to environmental influences, positively, or negatively: sound, color, emotions, etc… Hypersensitivity to the environment. Extreme sensitivity to dream states. Dreamers. Inability to cope with reality. Unable to bear the harshness of real life. Wanting everything to be beautiful. Wanting to live the ideal. Wanting to live in a dream world. Recluses, hermits and withdrawn people. Learning to remain centered during sensory overload. Finding ways to cope with overwhelm. Seeking healthy forms of retreat to cope with real life. Letting obligations and responsibilities slip through your fingers. Realizing your potential through music, spirituality or compassionate service. A weak ego. Trouble knowing where “you” end. Boundless identity. A sensitive person. Compassionate. Self-pitying. Sensitive attunement. Inspiring. Being at one with everything. Becoming centered through leading a spiritual life.

Attaching your ego to spiritual pursuits. Spiritual egotism. Needing to be seen as a spiritual person. Spiritual identity. Self-glorification through spiritual pursuits. Artistic identity. Self-glorification through artistic pursuits. Self-glorification through drugs and alcohol. Viewing your refinement and sensitivity as signs that you are “better” than other people. Glamorizing drug use. Living the life of a dropout. Using drugs and alcohol to get in touch with your core self. Using dream exploration to get in touch with your core self. Experiencing yourself as part of everything. Deploring baseness or crassness. Being drawn to explore the spiritual side of life. Spiritual questers. Becoming the hero in your own spiritual journey. Going so far in your quest for the ideal that you lose touch with reality. Ungrounded.

Living in a world of imagination. Using the power of imagination to re-imagine your life and life purpose. Living in a fantasy world. Living in a dream. Living your dream. Self-deceiving. Good at being pathetic and drawing sympathy from others. Open to guidance from other realms. An absent father. A father with drug or alcohol issues. A father who avoids responsibility. A father who is a musician or actor. A father involved with spirituality or mysticism. Idealists. Wanting to believe that every cloud has a silver lining. Wanting to believe the best of everyone. A sucker. Gullible. Taking on too much of other people’s energy. Letting your identity bleed out. Letting your core self bleed out. Energy vampires, or people who attract energy vampires. People who pick up on subtle energy patterns. Learning how to prevent your energy from leaking out while remaining open to subtle influences.

People with this Sun/Neptune aspects:

• Lindsay Lohan: Sun opposite Neptune
  • Russell Brand: Sun opposite Neptune
  • Audrey Tautou: Sun trine Neptune
  • Carl Gustav Jung: Sun square Neptune
  • Kurt Cobain: Sun square Neptune
  • Lukas Haas: Sun sesquiquadrate Neptune
  • Dave Chappelle: Sun square Neptune
  • Kate Bush: Sun square Neptune
  • Dalai Lama XIV: Sun sextile Neptune
  • Thomas Edison: Sun conjunct Neptune
  • Buzz Aldrin: Sun quincunx Neptune

Working on it!

126 Responses to “Sun/Neptune Aspects”

1. Tc says:

I know someone with the Sun conjunct Neptune, and this fits, especially the “not knowable to yourself or others”. He’s a great guy, but he definitely gives the impression of being off in his own world. Sort of an enigma.

My Sun is the least aspected of all my planets (semisquare Venus and very loosely conjunct Mercury). I’ve never quite known what to do with that.

My Sun is the least aspected as of the planets as well – a trine to Neptune. If you take into account the asteroids and such, it’s closely conjunct Black Moon Lilith and sextile Ceres.

Which sign and house is your Sun in?

I was looking at Van Gogh’s chart yesterday for this post and he has an unaspected Sun as well – completely unaspected in a significant way (though exalted being in Aries): http://www.astrotheme.com/portraits/5R4qHD7H3fXT.htm

• Tc says:

It’s in Scorpio, in the 8th house, so I guess that lends some, er, intensity. And it does square Ceres and sextile Pallas–I always forget about the asteroids! It also sextiles my Vertex. I should do some research on those three.

Wow, Van Gogh’s chart is fascinating. I wouldn’t peg him for an Aries, but everything together makes sense–the ASC in Cancer and the MC and Neptune in Pisces, especially. And doesn’t the 8th house represent our “legacy” in the sense of how we’re remembered? Because Aquarius totally fits for that, too.

The 8th house is supposed to be about our legacy. I’ve read it’s both the legacy we leave and the legacy we inherit, but I don’t know what to think about that.

Yeah moon in the 8th, Cancer no less. Dear old mom, you have to carry on for me, you have to carry on for me. What the heck is she talking about I kept wondering. Is it the dimentia? That is a whole nother language, but I get it now. And there’s at least one in line behind me, (who often seems ahead of me). Of course, I could change to the sun first house system and take on a different perspective. But that old lady, she got to me where I live.

If there is anything to share on Vertex I’m interested.

I have this aspect. I have the square. My 2ndH Sun in Virgo squares my 4th H Neptune in Sagittarius.

“Someone you can never quite put your finger on. You are not entirely knowable to yourself, or to others. You resist personal definitions and labels. People cannot easily define or label you. “

Mostly, I don’t experience as a bad thing. I find that I generally don’t want most others to know me too deeply anyway. So, this suits me just fine. What I DO volunteer is straightforward, but I tend to play the rest very close to the vest and I don’t generally feel like I am under any obligation to share myself with others simply because they chose to share with me (I’m sure my 4th H Scorpio Moon amplifies this secretive tendency).

“Having only a vague sense of who you really are. “
    This is something I sometimes feel I really struggle with. I’ve been undergoing a period like this for at least the last year and a half.

“Energy vampires, or people who attract energy vampires.”
    I DEFINITELY have attracted more than my share of energy vampires. That is a large reason why I’ve been more withdrawn over the last couple of years. Giving others too much of my energy while undergoing an identity crisis would not be the best idea.

I really like that you’ve started including a sampling of celebrities who also have these aspects. It’s a nice touch.

I noticed that I share Sun square Neptune with Kurt Cobain and Dave Chapelle. Dave and I have our squares in the same signs as well. I must look at his chart now.

Thank you for this post. Great job, as usual.

That’s pretty much how I feel too. I don’t want to be entirely know. I hate feeling like I’m being interrogated. It took a while to figure that out. I want to be known well by a few people, but not everyone.

Adding…

There are mixed reviews about the accuracy of Astrotheme’s data, so take the celebrity placements with a grain of salt.

That’s a good point! I usually rely a bit more on astrodatabank since they at least include accuracy ratings.

I forgot to mention that President Obama also has this aspect: Sun in Leo square Neptune in Scorpio.

• Sabrina says:

I have a Virgo Sun in 5th square an 8th house Sagittarius Neptune…. Cool we can be twins. it is my only Sun aspect. If you don’t count the minor aspects. Amy Winehouse was a Virgo Sun square Neptune also. I have to lock my self in my home to get away from energy Vampires.  I attract them like magnets. And because I am uber sensitive to peoples feelings it is very hard to be around people unless they are kind hearted with good intentions. =-(

good thing i don’t have this aspect because having a healthy boundary of my own is already a struggle for me. but my bf has conjunction.

Does he have the Sun in Capricorn?

in sag. whhat happens if its in sag?

He’s more idealistic than he would be if it were in Capricorn.

4. Iago says:

That’s an interesting combination. I myself have the square: Sun 16 Aries 33′ square Neptune 26 Capricorn 06′. “Existing” is a problem with this combination. My Sun, as a whole, struggles to express its nature: it’s the only planet in a fire sign, which is Aries, the sign of ego; the only major aspects to other planets are this square to Neptune and a sextile to my Gemini ascendant.

As my Gemini ascendant makes me want to create aliases and copy others, Neptune takes a step further and completely dissolves my ego. Sometimes I have the feeling I can dematerialise and materialise again as someone (or something) else. I’ve caught myself looking at the mirror, watching myself move a finger or blink and thinking “how did I do that? I didn’t…”. This used to happen all the time when I was younger, I could just get out of my body and see it acting alone. “Reality” is a concept for me; I completely understand it, but don’t really experience it. Reality is extremely malleable. As I grew older, I started living within reality’s “bounds”, but even today I sometimes feel I just don’t “exist”. I absolutely understand the concepts of Pisces… I sometimes think I wouldn’t be able to notice and understand reality at all if Neptune weren’t in Capricorn and Saturn in Pisces in the 9th House. I have the feeling none knows me. I have very few real friends, but I suppose they (and people in general) find it difficult to understand what I am; they just don’t want to wander too much into my “being”. Loneliness has always been constant. As far as I’m concerned, my father was pretty absent in my childhood, used to drink a lot when he had some free time and avoided me. That’s never been a serious problem but he quit drinking heavily for some years now. I myself never got into alcohol, drugs or anything, but sometimes feel inclined just to let myself experience them. Good thing I also have an extreme amount of self control thanks to Pluto.

Along with my Pisces Mercury (which sextiles Neptune), I can also lie very well; I just don’t like to, as I have a sense of “honor” probably created by the Sun itself in the 10th house. I wonder if I’d do a good actor lol.

Congrats Michelle. You, as always, really grasped most of what the combination can bring.

“malleable reality” . . . I like that.

I also like that.

Something I forgot to add is that because Sun/Neptune doesn’t have a good sense of who they are, and they are so porous, they can act out different roles (probably why many are good actors). They take on different identities, possibly without realizing what they’re doing.

• The One says:

“take on different identities”, so so true, I was thinking yesterday about that. I feel sometimes I have multiple personality, and they change according the envrionment.

Yes…you change colors to match the environment. Maybe Sun/Neptune is a sign of a chameleon.

5. firetiger says:

hey michelle… .lovin the pic~ v appropriate. i have the sextile (libra sun sextile nep cap 5 degree orb) defintely of the dreamier variety

Glad you like the pic :)

6. billow says:

Joining septile natally, which might explain why I can relate to alot of this. But septiles are weird outs? That would explain alot about my life. Currently my progressed sun is conjunct neptune in early Scorpio. I feel invisible, but am starting to enjoy that. It allows me to see that it isn’t all about me. In fact, it rarely is. So the personal responsibility for everything, that leads to victim and martyr are, well, dissipating.

So well put.
      Realizing that “it’s not all about me” is freeing. You can go about your business knowing full well that most people don’t care about most of what you’re doing (I don’t know if that’s only Sun/Neptune thing).

Septiles…I have done much with them. I’ve looked mine up a few times, but I don’t even remember what they are.

I am new to septiles. But looking at my natal chart septiles aren’t new to me. I have no rationale or reason to believe it. But from somewhere in my head this particular septile spurred some 60s song Nowhere to Run To Nowhere To Hide la la la. Who knows, like you suggest wires could be crossed on this one for me.

I imagine that all of those further divisions are significant. Why wouldn’t the division of a circle by seven be just as relevant as the division of a circle by four or two?

Of course I went and looked mine up again after reading this. I have Moon biseptile Sun by less than 01′, and a few others that are very close.

7. Carmilla5 says:

One of the favorite parts of my chart Sun conj Neptune in Scorp in 9th. I relate to all the above & the words beauty & sensitive stand out. Very much a spiritual & creative soul from a very young age & great love of all animals & plants felt like I was St Francis if Assisi!!! Another gr8 post thanks sweetie!

That’s a beautiful conjunction – depth, mystery, inspriation – the works!

8. Kathy says:

I have a Sun/Neptune conunction in Scorpio. It is opposite Jupiter in Taurus. That same conjunction is also sextile my Pluto/Uranus conjunction in Virgo. My Pluto/Uranus conjunction also trines Jupiter in Taurus. It forms one of those half kite patterns. I am a withdrawn person. I can lose myself in a book when I am reading. I am aware of undercurrents all the time; in conversations and crowds. I refinish funiture so I can see what are the possibilities when people view this same thing as junk. I also make quilts. I can see the subtly of colors and patterns before the quilt is put together. Creating is as necessary as breathing for me. My house is filled with children and plants. Tending and nurturing them satisfies me spiritually.
    I believe that any aspects to the sun/neptune conjunction gives it an outlet of sorts. My Jupiter is retrograde. I think that my passions are hidden which ties in with sun/neptune conjunction in Scorpio. I also control where they come out with my Pluto/Uranus conjunction. I have never drank or used drugs to excess and never will but I do drink too much coffee and smoke too many cigarettes.
    If it seems like I’ve used too many “I” in this description, it is because this is the first time I have ever tried to explain it.

I think so too. An aspect to any planet (or conjunction, or stellium) is an outlet for the other planets energy (and vice versa).

I have never drank or used drugs …
      Not every Sun/Neptune person does. Some people really do find healthy outlets for all that sensitivity and sensory overload without having to go through hell and back first.

I’ve seen lots of those kites/ half-kites from the mid to late 60s – a unique group of individuals.

Thank you for reading Kathy.

• Kathy says:

Do you think that half-kite formation almost makes Jupiter, 8 house a compulsion? It is almost if we of that generation seemed to absorb the free wheeling of the 1960′s and formed our own code of ethics.

Hm…the people I know born around that time are all very driven, and I think “compulsive” is a good word for it. It’s like they feel the need to live their lives at a very intense and extreme level or pace – almost as if time is going to run out.

I have it trine whoop whoop…sun and neptune= idealist f*kwits..
    But one thing I just learned from this blog is that Neptune is never be a part of bold-aggresive society. Neptune is more altruistic, vague,underdog, reclusive, like you said ” a weak ego”
    but boy, they don’t know this aspect creates me a lot of substances :)

Neptune is never be a part of bold-aggresive society
      I wonder. I imagine that there are people with the conjunction who are members of violent gangs for example, but perhaps these people join and go along with the group because they don’t know what else to do with themselves – though they are not necessarily the instigators or leaders.

• Joswan says:

Neptune will never be a personal planet and millions of generation born in the same era, share its trait depending which house Neptune might fall but I have a friend with Scorpio Neptune right in front of her face (1st)! She described her present as idylic, hard to stand out, idle and invinsible. I think she might carry her mannerism mysteriously. Neptune rules Pisces and Pisces rules 12th house. Neptune Tarot card is “The Hanged man” and his Hebrew letter is Mem= The water, the womb of all creation. It’s obvious that he doesn’t have any phallic symbol attributed to his, a part of his translucent, whispering soft nature. Although, the Greek/Roman God Neptune/Poseidon once depicted fierce and violent when he’s mad (he can crumble a big city like Atlantis and sunk it down underwater) Idk, could he generates movement? I like to make comparisson to Greek God since you know how I get my imagery? :) Interestingly, the Universal love attribute that Neptune esoterically carry is not really match with the “power-hunger” character depicted in Poseidon.
        I can’t sure that Neptune can be aggresive even if he’s in fire sign like Audrey Tautou has.

I think Neptune can whisper bad things to your head, delude your mind, fill it with guilt, escapism, denial, fear, etc. I think he can turns you crazy from the inside.

I have Neptune in Sagittarius and I don’t think it’s aggressive, even in a Fire sign.

Though Neptune is never a personal planet, don’t you think it becomes more personalized when in contact to the Sun or Moon?

• Joswan says:

Exactly, though in my case- sun trine Neptune, I feel that Neptune gradually soften my ego. Just saying, I never trully won something for my own selfish purpose. The martyr quality in Neptune undoubtedly tone down my sun in the 5th. Those happened in earth signs means that I created not to make a larger than life approach in life, modest is the key :)
            I think Neptune is like a “softener agent” while Uranus and Pluto are pretty combustive. I can’t say for everyone since I never make a research to compare Neptune aspect to bold and aggresive people such as celebrities and athletes which often have prominent Mars-Sun-Venus and Jupiter.

However, I have sense that serial killers have strong Neptune :p

I never trully won something for my own selfish purpose.
              Me neither, even with three planets in Aries. I also have Sun trine Neptune.

I love Neptune as a softening agent!

“hard to stand out” . . . now why do they push everyone to do that anyway? That’s just imposing stress. I fail to see the point in that. Standing out to stand out.

This is another great post, Michelle – with some very insightful comments too. I identified with most of your descriptions – my Libra Sun is conjunct Neptune in Scorpio, and both find outlets through the 12th house. Neptune is sextile my 12th house Pluto (conjunct my Ascendant), and in addition to other aspects, my Sun quintiles my 12th house Uranus. Qualities of both Neptune and Pluto are intertwined, leading me to constantly question whose will it is that I serve, mine or God’s.

“Your core self is ever-expanding. You seem haunted.”

I’ve always felt haunted; others pick up on it too. Then during these past few years, I’ve started to question who I really am. Sometimes my reality feels too bizarre to be true.

“Becoming centered through leading a spiritual life.”

Well, that’s the goal anyway. Truthfully, most of the time I struggle with how to maintain my balance. As one of those “outer-planetary” people, sometimes different sides of my nature battle it out, making it difficult to figure out.

“Using drugs and alcohol to get in touch with your core self.”

My dad was a big drinker (and absent, except in emergencies), and I discovered at a relatively early age how much more alive I felt when I was drinking. It allowed me to break out of my shell and be happy. Eventually though, I realized alcohol was a false God – I wanted to experience a different kind of joy. Plus, it didn’t fit with my healthy lifestyle. One day I just decided to quit and never drank again. I gave up a smoking habit as well, many, many years ago. Smoking seems kind of Neptunian.

“Extreme sensitivity to environmental influences, positively, or negatively: sound, color, emotions, etc… Hypersensitivity to the environment.”

Yep – all of the above. Making matters worse is the fact that my Moon squares Neptune. Did you ever see the movie “The Green Mile”? The character, John Coffey sums it up when he talks about being tired of people’s ugliness, and how it feels like “pieces of glass” in his head all the time. Sometimes I have to retreat so I can recharge. I use music, art and prayer. When and if I become totally overwhelmed, I escape through sleep.

Related to Neptune (I think) is that I love the fog. Nothing like a walk in the fog to help me regain my spiritual balance.

When and if I become totally overwhelmed, I escape through sleep.
      Sleep is one escape I forgot to add.

When and if I become totally overwhelmed, I escape through sleep.
      Sleep is one escape I forgot to add.

I didn’t mean for my original comment to come across as so one-sided – there’s that issue of balance again! What I love most about this aspect, is the profound sense of connectedness I experience when I allow myself to surrender to something far greater (and more loving) than myself. For me that means God, while for others it may mean something else. And there are times when being able to pick up on (and channel) subtle energies can be a real gift.

Even with the trine I have a difficult time with surrendering – too many squares in my chart.

I have Sun Scorpio vigintile 18 degrees Neptune Sagittarius.

I don’t know if it counts for anything,but I can relate to a little of the above description.

As the “last judgement,” Time-Space represents a signficant Uranus-like transition period in your life. Your rebirths, both in this life and teh afterlife, are determined by how you judge the prevailing direction of your life.

Wow Michelle!

That’s really beautiful and entirely possible. :-)

Could it be that strong in a person’s chart?

It’s about 1’30 orb (through Clairvision Astrology) if I remember correctly.

I have something like 2-3 vigintiles in my chart.

Unfortunately, I don’t have time to check to make it “official”, I’ll have to come back and type more.

Once again, though, that’s really interesting information on the vigintile. Thank you!

“A vigintile is 1/20th of a circle. In the tarot (depending which deck you use) the 20th card is Judgement, Time-Space, Aeon… In the Voyager Tarot James Wanless writes of this card,

I haven’t read anything about the vigintile in interpretation so this is pure speculation, but perhaps it has something to do with the need to judge how you use the energy of the planets in the aspect. “

I would keep these rarely used aspects super tight – like maybe 45′ or less.

Elaborating a little…

The 10th card in the tarot is the Wheel of Fortune and it tends to represent that what you put into something is what you get out of it – it’s the “you make your own luck” card. So, the 20th is perhaps judging what you have made out of what you put in.

• Robin says:

Hi Michelle,

It’s interesting that you mention the Wheel of Fortune in tarot. A while
            back I had a reading (though I read my own tarot cards,I don’t feel like a ”professional”) and the Wheel of Fortune came up as being what I’m capable of becoming as a person.

You’ve taken the vigintile aspect to a much more profound level at least for me. :-)

You’re right though, I do feel a real curiosity about the balance of energy and what is the strongest in my chart. I feel pulled in many different directions.

I feel that I have really mixed up personality traits and feel like it isn’t all being said in the basic perspective of my natal chart or rather the basic perspective that many seem to go by(I hope that doesn’t sound bad)…hence I continue my search for a satisfactory explanation…:-)

I’ve been looking at Midpoints off and on (it’s a challenge for me as they aren’t commonly used and there are so many of them) but I think that they are also something to consider.

I mention it because I seem to have some pretty strong neptune aspects as far as those goes.

I found that I have: Neptune conjunct Sun/Venus at 0 degrees
                                       Mars conjunct Uranus/Neptune
                                       Jupiter opposite Uranus/Neptune
                                        Neptune opposite Jupiter/Ascendant

13. tatiana.larina says:

So interesting. My Sun in Aries and in the Neptunian 12th house is trine Neptune in Sag.

I’ve read somewhere that in order to find release from the tensions introduced by a cross in the chard (I have Grand Cardinal with the Sun involved) one should look at the smooth aspects formed by the planets involved with the cross. Well, I guess I should look at my reclusive life as a kind of blessing – and when I come to think of it, I rather enjoy it.

Other aspect of your description I respond to is being elusive and mysterious – I would never think about myself in this way but a BF told me I do come across as rather distanced. I am sensitive to noises and I am afraid I do think that the books I’ve read and music I listen to make me superior to the rest of hoi-polloi :-) I also get sometimes completely lost in my daydreaming – hey, isn’t trine supposed to make things better for me, not worse?

I agree. Those flowing aspects offer relief from the tension.

hey, isn’t trine supposed to make things better for me, not worse?
      Everything is a mixed blessing.

14. The One says:

Sun in capricorn conjunct neptune is something interesting. Capricorn is so realistic that you can’t imagine it daydreamming that much, but I do. I feel like I can switch it, like “mode daydream” and “mode realistic”, because when I want to be in real world I do it well (have to confess it’s a recent thing, I learned a few time ago), but some times I NEED to take a break and travel to my imagination world.

“Glamorizing drug use.”

I do glamorize drug to the point that I see people that don’t like it as worst than me. Aand, I also have pluto sextile to my sun, does it help to lead to alcohool/drug abuse?

I think with determining drug use, you have to take in the whole picture, like, “How compulsive is this person? How much does this person need to escape? Does this person have healthy outlets for these needs? How much will power is present?”
      I would never use one aspect alone to peg anyone as a drug addict. I have Sun trine Neptune and Sun opposite Pluto and I have never been an addict of any kind.

Interesting insights into Sun/Neptune in Capricorn – thanks!

15. Bob says:

sun/neptune conjunction in 5th, scorpio (sextiled by moon/pluto conj., 3rd, virgo).

i recall dreams from when i was a small child, but began to take a deeper look at dreaming in my mid-20′s, half my life ago.

back into it lately as things are shifting – like the ground during an earthquake – and dreams have always assisted where navigating life’s tides and currents are concerned.

(oddly, had my first “call from a dead person” dream last night; a late great aunt “calling” to congratulate me on a contest i have not won. (yet.) i recall thinking it must’ve been my grandmother who told her.)

YOU included:

“An absent father. A father with drug or alcohol issues. A father who avoids responsibility. A father who is a musician or actor.”

THAT was VERY interesting.

screenwriter here. i dive pretty deep for the fish i pull up. smoke some weed. believe i can navigate the hall of mirrors and mist pretty well. (but then i would, wouldn’t i?) delusuion or inspiration?

that moon/pluto alliance sixty degrees away keeps the rudder on the ship. demands to lend order and structure and usefulness to the fog and that which emerges from it.

thank you. very lucky to have found your site. LOVE the free-associative approach.

• Bob says:

another note, echoing what you said about the necessity of removing oneself from people, at least for awhile, due to the fact that we soak up so much of what others give off; after awhile it makes for static – it can be an assault, really, just too much to assimilate, filter, hold then release – and it’s time to get away.

but i do require mass quantities of quality solitude, a tendency that is only growing.

have always been psychic with precognitive dreaming. and have always felt very “different” in a way that i could never really understand, much less elucidate. i recall being a little boy and going on weekends and sunny summer days to the big grass field of my elementary school, and laying down and watching the clouds, for an hour or two, and realizing even then, “hey, this is nice,” just drifting, letting my mind roam.

a little wordy today. i put caffeine to use, too.

Love it :D

• Atlast says:

“for that matter, sun conj. neptune can save plenty on vacation money as it’s not all that difficult to close one’s eyes and travel.”

So so true! During, for exemple, long and desinteresting classes I see people desesperately tired, but, due to this ability, I scape easily, and being sitting there is not that boring.

But It’s not that easy, controlling when you scape is the hard part, I mean.

it’s not all that difficult to close one’s eyes and travel
          No it isn’t, especially with Neptune in Sag in the 4th house.

it’s not all that difficult to close one’s eyes and travel
          No it isn’t, especially with Neptune in Sag in the 4th house.

Beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Was your father absent?

• Bob says:

Back to this thread.

Yes, Michelle, he left before I was born.

• luiza says:

happened to me too, I thought was related to chiron opp saturn, but sun saturn conj may cause it too!

“…Recluses, hermits and withdrawn people… Living the life of a dropout…”

If it were not for my 10th house Jupiter in Gemini, I probably would be a total recluse. lol

Fascinating and another great post! I was reading this and the comments knowing that I don’t have this aspect in my natal chart. But in looking back over the past few years, I’m like yeah, uh huh, yep…so I looked at my progressed chart and that’s where it’s showing up. Progressed Sun in Taurus opposing Neptune in Scorpio. Is the progressed chart like a flower that’s opening one petal at a time, showing where one is in the process of the actualization of the natal chart?

There is some serious poetry in the comments!

That’s lovely, and it makes sense. The progressed chart is the evolving natal chart.

17. Atlast says:

“Mysterious. Fascinating. Someone you can never quite put your finger on.”
    I know someone with a opposition and she looks like a mirage to me. I think that’s the best word to describe.

she looks like a mirage to me.
      Perfect. Thank you for reading Atlast.

18. billow says:

The great thing about these posts from folks that have the natal sun/nep setup is that you have an acceptance of this state of being. As I am neptune challenged with the transiting energy lighting up or fogging up so much in my chart, it is very helpful. Also got the progressed sun/nep thing going on. Surrender is slow, as my saturn/pluto square natal energy made me a fighter to survive. I find myself surrounded by extremists that I once considered friends. They are so noisy. The beliefs espoused are so loud, I cannot hear who they are anymore. It must have something to do with the increased sensitivity? It’s an interesting transition to who knows where. I am somewhere in between and peace and quiet is good right now.

Saturn/Pluto seems to represent extreme hardship, or severe circumstances as some of its manifestations. Not very compatible with Neptune/Sun.

My Sun sits at the Saturn/Pluto midpoint, and my Pluto squares Mars – neither makes for an easy relationship with my Sun/Neptune conjunction, which thankfully, offers another perspective. I struggle with this inner dichotomy all the time and understand how difficult surrender is. One thing that’s helped has been to view surrender (in a spiritual sense) as a strength rather than a weakness

I should add, surrender does not mean giving up/ignoring my gifts of discernment.

I understand what you write of surrender. And it is anything but brain dead and unaware. So discernment, yes. I wouldn’t leave home without it.

Yes, hardship I do believe so. And the saturn pluto square does not progress away. I was gifted with a good disposition, and a quick mind, and ability to adapt. And of course those blood curdling welps that could blow the giant down in my childhood. By the way, did my final curtain on that one in May 2008.

I do believe the saturn/neptune square hardship thing is something quite potent that is fuelling me in incorporating this neptune thing that is going on.

Oops, the strength comes from the saturn/pluto square, I meant to write. Although the saturn/neptune square, well crap, that’s a doozey.

I really do no know enough to get the bigger evolutionary patterns . . . but about compatibility . . . my exact neptune sextile pluto might be a handshake?

my exact neptune sextile pluto might be a handshake?
          Could be. I’ve seen lots of loose sextiles, but few tight ones.

19. billow says:

My parents were not alcoholics, but I have dated them. Personally, I find them selfish manipulators. One moment they are the kindest most wonderful person, and then they turn into some kind of monster.

I don’t know if there is anything in this for the child of the alcoholic or not but there was something on PBS last night, and Independent Lens film that documented an alcoholic and her child. A doctor explained that alcoholism causes brain alteration in that there is a physical disconnect between the right and left sides of the brain. The area of the brain that rationalizes is underdeveloped.

I have the Aquarius Sun sextile Neptune in Sagittarius in my natal chart…

This article is beautiful and very precise – if Neptune can be precise at all… ;-)

I’m a deeply compassionate, sensitive, spiritual, mystical and idealistic person, and I long for higher, divine experiences that rise above the “ordinary” life…

Sometimes I have a blurred self-image, and it’s really hard for me to understand who I am, and to define clear attitudes and goals… I’m ungrounded and unintentionally irresponsible, procrastinating some dull everyday things. Other people often find me elusive, mysterious and ethereal, not really belonging to this world…

I have a precious and profound inner life and mostly live in a beautiful and mesmerizing fantasy I’ve created within my soul. I have very vivid, surreal and overwhelming dreams, and I often mix up dreams with reality, because my imagination often seems to be more real than life itself! Sometimes I feel kind of disconnected from my own physical body and literally “watch” myself from aside the most of the time!

I feel like I’m lacking boundaries and I usually soak up everything from my environment, including other people’s moods and emotions, so I often feel draught and devastated. But at the same time, I’ve been accused of being an energy vampire myself. I also noticed that while being involved in a conversation, I unintentionally and instinctively copy the other person’s gestures, voice pitch and the manner of speaking, being unable to become fully aware of my own individual traits!

I tend to escapism through love, music and dreaming, and I’m also overly sensitive to alcohol, that’s why I almost never drink and don’t do drugs, fearing to become addicted…

I often feel a deep sorrow for myself and all the other creatures, especially those who have to suffer, but I also see suffering and martyrdom as something beautiful and noble…

I feel that everything in the Universe is alive and breathing and interconnected – even those objects traditionally labeled as “dead”, like a rust can thrown away and laying lonely on the street… Sometimes I desperately feel the need to transcend my physical and emotional self, let go of the ego and come back to the initial unity I feel I come from.

My Father was a painter, stage decorator and musician, and he died when I was little. I had (and still have) a very deep soul connection with him, and now I tend to idealize men.

I also have Venus and Mars in Pisces square Neptune, so maybe the Neptunian traits become even more intensified.

That’s lovely Le_Verseau. I can relate to so much of what you wrote.

21. Zodiacal_macaw_1210 says:

I have Sun semi – sextile Neptune (-2° 39′). Sun in Sagittarius in the 12th House and Neptune in Capricorn in the 1st House.

Even though it is a semi – sextile, I feel the presence of this placement. I have a strong 12th House placement (home of Neptune) and Neptune is subtle and present in my personality in the 1st House.

Right now, my progressed Sun and Neptune are in conjunction; progressed Neptune conjunct progressed Ascendant right now so I really feel the nebulous, vague, hazy-mindedness of this placement. I forget things more easily now, my intuition is heightened and my imagination is stronger and more alive then ever before.

That Neptune feeling is probably due more to progressed Neptune conjunct the Sun rather than the weak natal semisextile.

• nick says:

awesome, you have double the neptune energy!! sun semi-sextile neptune and sun in the 12th house,,  my sun is in the 12th house 2!! and going thru a transit :D I went thru a mercury trine neptune last year,, my intuition was heightened!!

I had transiting Neptune sextile Mercury for a long time. It was hard to focus.

• Edwardsnick52 says:

For it wasn’t hard to focus, but my head was defiantly in the clouds,, strange and vivid dreams to!! My speech slowed down a little and I was a little more sensitive,,,, I’m excited because for my solar return in march 23 my. Sun, moon and mercury will be semi sextile Neptune! That’s alot of Neptune energy

That sure is a lot of Neptune energy!

22. AriesGirl says:

Yep, this is me :D
    Sun square Neptune within 1degree orb. When I was 3 years old, i told my mother that i wanted to go to swimming, no wonder why :)

But day-to-day relationships are sooo hard to me, as i need so much alone time and because i feel everything too deeply. Lots of things to learn and improve in!

These days I was thinking about how is it possible that I have ZERO artistic talent… I also have my chart ruler in Pisces and Venus in Taurus… ok, maybe i have some talent in photography, but thats not much. I many times wonder about how cool it could be to be a painter though, maybe in a next life, lol Or maybe it’s because i was very good at swimming and im also VERY spiritual, so it would be too much if i were good in arts too… just wonder :D

Do you have Fire in your chart?

• AriesGirl says:

Just my Sun in Aries, which is well hidden in my 8th house, i think no one would guess that im an Aries, lol

23. surrealsuburb123 says:

umm idk know but what does it mean to have sun in aries square neptune in aquarius.. is it such a terrible aspect??? does it decrease creative expression… ??????????????????????

Do you think you have decreased self-expression, or a hard time being creative?

hi mich- been reading this… i guess i got tangled with this person. remember the friend i tod u about who just broke up with his gf, he got this aspec and its a square. he is a pisces… he came to me, asking for some advices and all…. boyoh boy, i kinda fell for this guy… now his gf came back, he went back to her. jesus have mercy on me, why am iattrcting this people…

• amoureuse says:

oh no.. i guess its no escaping these people, because the this is the second time around that it happens… im not sure if this is due my uranus in 12th or neptune and chiron on the 11th… i dontk now how am i suppose to protect myself from them… or should i be protecting myself because maybe after all i am just like themm.. i dont know… i dont have this aspect

I don’t know, amoureuse. Why are you attracted to people who aren’t totally available?

• amoureuse says:

venus opposite neptune? no i ma jsut learning to balance this energy… im meditatng.. hopeully i wud be able to surpass this

Were you really in love with him, or just fooling yourself?

• amoureuse says:

honestly, i dont know…  i am not sure about my feelings anymore.

25. nick says:

My sun is in the 12th house and these descriptions fit me perfect.

I really like the artist renderings of the Disney Princesses as real people. Very cool :)

The second link – I don’t understand – she paints on the models and then photographs them?

• Joswan says:

A lil bit cumbersome, no?^^

But I think the idea would be spectacular if the artist using the style to create music video. ^^

Your idea about using the technique in live action is interesting. Having been in the art world, making photographs look like paintings and making paintings look like photographs is just uninspired, boring and pointless. Why make a painting look like a photograph if you can just photograph your subject instead? Why make a photograph looking like a painting when you can go straight to the source and paint your subject instead? I don’t get the point. Is it just for the sake of the illusion?

26. luiza says:

Sun in cap 3 degrees conjunct neptune. Sometimes I’d rather being a mitological creature than just a mere human being. I remember the first time I read the Harry Potter Series I was just dreaming the day I could become a witch to become an ‘Animagus’ (person that can transform into animal).

Yes, it would be fun to be a real witch, or wizard!

27. Sabrina says:

Is it true that Sun square Neptune is a warning to stay away from Occult, Psychic, empathic, healing anything like that related. That if you have this aspect that means you abused a spiritual or healing gift in your past life? I also have Pisces south node. Virgo Sun in 5th square a Sag Neptune in 8th. Cap Moon in 8th.

I’ve read that … especially if Chiron is involved with the Sun or Neptune.

• Africangirl Next Futureambitio says:

thats so  weird because I have tropical libra  sun  (or sidereal  virgo  sun)  in neptune  in sag(sidereal) or  cap (tropical) and  I’ve found a  lot of comfort  from the  spiritual..?  I love spiritual  retreats and  meditation and  alone times  help  out a lot for me..also  cos I   have the ruler  of the 12th  house (neptune)  in my 5th house…and  also the empty  leg  of my t-square happens to  be the 8th  house..which  is   all about occult, transformation and so on..I  have  ruler of  8th house  in  2nd house  which suggests possibilities of  making  money  from metaphysical.  I’m  not  sure  I subscribe to  what you said Sabrina..never heard of  that before…hmmm I thought sun (father )  square  neptune (illusions) was all  about having an  identity crisis  probably  from  lack  of direction from  the parent  growing up..? Don’t know.  That definitely  applies  to me though..not  sure  about anyone else on  here.

28. Romy says:

I have Sun conjunct Neptune in Sagittarius (orb 0.0) in 9th house. Can relate to everything you write, and am quite relieved to see where all my weirdness comes from. Thank you! :) Laughed when I found your comment re “They take on different identities, possibly without
    realizing what they’re doing. sign of a chameleon.” I drive people crazy with this, can’t even help doing their accents.

29. MilenaRnB says:

Sun sextile Neptune: Hypersensitivity to the environment. An absent father. A father with drug or alcohol issues.(HE NEVER USED DRUGS, BUT HE WAS AN ALCOHOLIC, NOW HE DON`T WANT TO SMELL ALCOHOL :) A father who avoids responsibility….. Yep!

30. Plato says:

Sun opposite Neptune here, in Gemini and Sagg. 2nd and 8th house.
    (also mercury conjunct sun just in cancer)

I always loved the nature was addicted to underwater film documentaries. (Hypersensitve to the environment) I studied environmental sciences.

Had an aquarium.

I like philosophies, mysticism, foreign cultures, religion and especially de mystical side of religions/cultures. Was interested in eastern religions but rediscoverd also christianity maybe it also an indicator for my astrology hobby.

Not really knowing if I want to travel in de mind (philosophies) or in reality.

I also have lots of thoughts/philophies about money and resources (power) which is the 2nd and 8th axis I guess.

When I was born I had a little hole VSD (neptune, mercury?) in my hart (sun) which has grown tight in the years.

“Dad took his responsibity (he was the only moneymaker 2nd house) but he has worked his entire life at an oil refinary plant (neptune)! :-)”

Fascinating!

31. James Page says:

Later this year my progressed Sun will form a trine to my natal neptune and an opposition to my natal pluto at 21 degrees Aquarius. I am interested in other delineations of this progressed configuration. Natally there is a sextile between my radix Sun and Neptune and a trine between the R. Sun and Pluto. This progression will last about a year (from september 9th 2013 – september 9th 2014) so what might it mean? My birth-data is 12/11/51, 1:15 pm Cleveland, Ohio. Sun – Sagittarius, Moon – Gemini, ASC – Aries, Stellium (Mars, Saturn and Neptune) in Libra

Hi James,

I’m sorry, I don’t give personal delineations here on the blog.

32. unknxwn says:

Another aspect I have in my chart. This is just as frustrating and deceiving to myself as the moon/neptune, mercury/neptune aspects I have. Something I’ve learned to accept and have to overcome.

What house is your Neptune in?

33. unknxwn says:

My neptune in the 7th house
    Square to both my sun and mercury.

34. anon says:

I came across this aspect as I was studying a family members chart for signs of personality disorder (most likely borderline).

So much of this makes sense, especially the energy vampire.

Tight sun Neptune conjunction, opposite moon, squaring saturn in 8th makes a t square. Her moon is quincunx mercury. She struggles with clearly seeing reality and uses words like a vengeful sword. Also, has more quincunx than any other aspect.

Any thoughts?

• andrew says:

My Natal sun is in opposition to Natal Neptune with a 3 degree orb, luckily My Natal sun also Trines Natal Pluto with a 1 degree orb. Most people that Have looked at my chart always say Sun opposite neptune , I am glad I don’t have that. But then I guess that without the strong aspect of sun trine pluto I would have been pulled under along time ago, so I know what they mean in a way , but the challenges I have had from that aspect have helped me see others with more compassion and understanding and especially to see the patterns of behaviour that cause addictions, and co dependency.

35. Wesley says:

I do not know if I must accept the information about my sideral birth chart, but I also have these pattern and other with Pluto. The degree in Sun- Neptune of mine is four and thirteen. I do not know if I must accept this information. It does not appear in my tropical birth chart, but I believe that these patterns are very close to my person, mainly Sun- Neptune.