Jupiter/Midheaven Aspects

Wanting to hold an influential position in the world. Wanting people to recognize your greatness. Wanting people to recognize your authority. Larger than life. Looming large. Known for being big. Known for being over the top. “Too much” of whichever sign Jupiter is placed in. Go big or go home. Admiration for big things and “big” people. Admiration for people in “big” positions. Wanting to be known for doing something epic. Aspiration in religion or philosophy. Philosophy that impacts the world. Wanting a career or position in life that compels others to put their faith in you. A preacher.

Setting a larger than life example. Big authority. Epic influence. Aspirations of epic proportions. Wanting an immense status. Wanting people to believe in you. Becoming someone others can look to and believe in. Developing a confident public persona. Developing an exalted public persona. Living legends. Colossal expectations for what you should be doing. Overblown sense of your impact on society as a whole. Overblown need to make an impact. Huge aspirations. Aspiring to be almost god-like. Formidable reputation.

Having it all – as seen by outsiders. Getting lucky in career, reputation, and social standing. Having the doors of success flung open for you. Encouraged and supported by authority figures. Your parents’ influence ensures your success. Children of successful people. Trust fund babies. Born with a silver spoon. Your success is easier because other people in your family are already successful. Partaking in the good life. Living high on the hog. Party people. Too much is not enough. Monstrously overbearing – or having had an overbearing parent (most likely Mom).

Aspiring to be a good parent. Aspiring to be a great role model. Aspiring to leave the world a better place. Having a vision for your success. Taking a long view on success. Open to the influence of mentors and guides. Welcoming guides into your life. Needing mentors and guides in your life. Needing to be someone to follow or to have someone to follow, or both. Having had a parent who was also a mentor. Wanting to be recognized for doing something meaningful. Leaving big shoes to fill or feeling that you have big shoes to fill. Big Mama. Big Papa. Overwhelming mother. Experiencing authority as being overwhelming. Career becomes a philosophical question to ponder. Pondering rather than doing. An arrogant attitude concerning achievements. Achievement is everything. Reaching and reaching, bigger and broader.

Cultural inheritance that impacts the world. Taking advantage of cultural ties to get ahead in the world. Taking advantage of connections through religious groups to get ahead in the world. Becoming known for being a well-cultured person. Becoming known for you cultural background. Putting your ethnic background in the spotlight. Putting ethics in the spotlight. Having a career where your ethics, morals and beliefs are apparent to the public. Having careers in journalism, foreign affairs, law, religion, travel. Becoming known for an interest in law and philosophy. Becoming know for your travels. Becoming known as someone who is hard to pin down.

Planets in aspect to the MC, or Midheaven, are also always in aspect to the IC. Posts are split up between MC and IC to show the different point of view that each of the angles brings to the natal chart. To learn about the flipside of Jupiter/MC, read Jupiter/IC Aspects.
People with Jupiter/MC aspects:

• Andy Warhol: Jupiter conjunct MC in Taurus
  • JK Rowling: Jupiter in Gemini conjunct MC in Cancer
  • Howard Hughes: Jupiter in Taurus conjunct MC in Gemini
  • L Ron Hubbard: Jupiter sextile MC
  • JRR Tolkein: Jupiter in Pisces square MC in Gemini

Tags: , , , , , , ,

36 Responses to “Jupiter/Midheaven Aspects”

Do you have any planets in the 10th house?

1. VJ says:

I don’t have planets in the 10th house, but Aries is on the cusp.

Jupiter in Virgo (3rd house) opposition MC in Pisces. I’m not successful, neither are my parents.

Did anything else in the post resonate with you? Where is Mars? What kind of aspects does Jupiter receive?

Thanks for reading :)

• Regina says:

My MC is also opposite my Jupiter. I could relate to some things… but most of the ones that have to do with really huge things or great success, or even recognition seem like they are impossible for me to reach. Like an utopian dream that I know deep down will never happen.

I have my Mars sextile my Jupiter and trine my MC.

Mars is in the 1st
        Mc in the 10th
        Jupiter in the 3rd

• Regina says:

….and my Vesta is conjunct my MC close to exact.

2. atlast says:

wow, it’s amazing how all thoose famous people with this placement are REALLY famous. Oprah, JK Rolling, Bill Gates, all them rich, successfull and big. Pretty cool to see how astrology is working there.

Yeah, it’s kind of an amazing list. Nice to see you around still, atlast :)

3. Joe says:

Cool! I’ve been anticipating this one. I have saturn in opposition so I’ll go back and read your Saturn IC one and compare. Sagittarius Jupiter conjunct Scorpio MC

Hey Michelle :) – I have the quincunx, with Jupiter at the apex of my chart’s Yod and my Midheaven as part of the base. As usual, I relate to *many* of your descriptions.

I do want to leave the world a better place and to accomplish something meaningful, although I don’t have any illusions about the scope of my influence, which is relatively small. Good thing since I would never want to be famous. Maybe it’s because my Jupiter is conjunct both Mercury and Neptune, but I’d rather the focus be on the message and not so much about me. My personal aspirations are spiritual, with my goal being to express faith through works and to inspire and encourage others in ways they might otherwise not have considered. I’d like for my legacy to be that I challenged people to think more deeply and act more mindfully.

Current transits are setting off these placements, as will December’s Yod. I feel it.

Hey LB :)

Jupiter conjunct Neptune shows lofty spiritualism, real sensitivity to moral issues … I’ve noticed that people with that conjunction often come from a religious background but choose to side with the spiritual side of religion rather than the dogmatic side.

I didn’t think I came from a particularly religious background until I found out while doing genealogy research that I come from a long line of preachers – on both sides of the family (Jupiter rules my 4th.)

Are you using anything in particular to do the research? Is there a particular site you like?

It was several years ago, but I had a lot of success using the two main ones that allow (or allowed?) access to various forums free of charge. Most people were very generous in sharing their research, since it sometimes meant discovering a new relation.

To start, I’d recommend googling whatever last name you’re researching followed by the words “GenForum”, for instance “Smith GenForum”.

You’re welcome, Michelle. Good luck!

5. cleo says:

I have Jupiter conjunct MC in Taurus and this really resonated with me! I want to be have a fashion empire like CoCo Chanel.. and I also want to be a philanthropist and freedom fighter like Dr. Martin Luther King. I have Venus in Taurus as well, and I have a Capricorn in the 5th stellium so I’ve got a lot of good placements to work with! But I’m just now figuring out how to deal with my Sun square Saturn/Uranus.. I had to build up my confidence and courage. :)

Yes, confidence, courage and perhaps finding a blend between fitting in and going your own way – neither is “better” than the other.

6. Me says:

Resonated quite a bit one might say – I always think of natal chart aspects as being like magnetic field alterations, altering in context of all the others (others being other chart aspects, current solar system state, will power, body state — etc (everything else definable or not))

7. Roman says:

Is Jupiter in the tenth house the same?

• nick says:

yes ! the midheaven is naturally ruled by the 10th house.

your probably lucky when it comes to job positions , jobs, relationship with superiors etc etc

maybe you have a reputation that is good warm or fun. Great for anything jupiterian. Teacher, philosopher, missionary , flight attendent , Perfect for a job that involves travel also.

Similar, yes. Maybe not quite as “big” if Jupiter isn’t right at the top of the chart.

8. Hero9 says:

What about jupiter in gemini 7 house square midheaven in Leo in house 9? What conflicts do you say the square creates? And the jupiter being retrograded in gemini ( detriment )

Hi hero9,

Jupiter must be at the very beginning of Gemini and the Midheaven at the very end of Leo …what house system do you use? Equal house? there might be issues with logic versus grandstanding, curiosity versus pride, the need to relate to others versus the need to be the “big boss”

9. Kleo says:

Jupiter in Cancer trine MC in Scorpio. I can’t believe how accurately true this is. I so want to become something big, to actually make and difference and not to live at random. I really want to accomplish something. And of course, I like to be seen as smart. Sometimes I think I’m being to full of myself, but I really feel special, I just don’t know what can I do and what are my capabilities..

• isiscancerlilithleo says:

My Aries Jupiter is tightly conjunct my Taurus MC on either side of the cusp and I know nothing at all about where my success lies, what field I should pursue, or where any kind of financial success lies. I feel the same as Kleo – I sometimes feel special, destined, touched by the divine. Where is the destiny that belongs to someone like that?? (Of course, with Leo Rising, that sense of superiority is not unusual in the slightest…)

10. crissy says:

Love this… I’ve always wanted to leave a good mark on the world and was curious to what you thought about about mars in aries (5th house) mc in leo, jupiter 2nd house sagitarious, and venus in aries

Have fun at work; be creative and enthusiastic as you establish yourself and earn a living; be generous in giving back.

11. crissy says:

Sun and moon in Pisces, scorpio rising… ( I’m not sure if that makes a difference).. But I have a ton of talents and no clue what to do with them.

12. gg says:

Jupiter libra 5th house trine Aqua midheaven I will be leaving a legacy.

13. arya says:

Jupiter in 1st house Leo trine MC in Aries.

14. ke says:

i have a taurus midhaven with jupiter in the tenth house i also have jupiter in gemini a juptier square adjecent and jupiter conjunction midhaven i love to write i wanna be a rapper but not the bitches and hoes type i write deep inspirational type poetry….. what does all this means and is my dream supported by the stars

15. FB says:

Is jupiter square midhaven good? I keep reading the descriptions online and it doesnt look so positive :/

16. libran says:

I have Jupiter sextile MC, but this description doesn’t apply much to me. I’m low profile, not larger than life, my mom is not overwhelming, my dad is quite influential in his community but am not born with silver spoon thing…not into religion or philosophy or journalism, I do find law and foreign affairs interesting, but didn’t purse a career in that field.