Moon/Pluto Aspects

snake in waterEmotional undertow. Buried feelings. Burying feelings. Feeling nourished by intense experiences. Needing to hit rock bottom from time to time in order to have an emotional overhaul. Emotional obsession. Feeling reborn. Survival instincts. Emotionally nourished by the taboo. Taboo feelings. Having feelings that you “shouldn’t” have. Strong feelings about women. A powerfully emotional woman in your life. Powerful emotions. Oppressive emotional life. Brooding. Feelings of jealousy. Compulsive eating habits. Obsessive habits. Emotionally compulsive. Emotional intensity. Mood swings. Emotionally overwhelming. Needing to have power. Plummeting to the depths of emotion. Emotional healing. Emotional depth. Intense women. Powerful women. Healers.

The urge for power. Unaware of controlling behaviors. Needing to be in control. Controlling food intake. Controlled responses. Controlled feelings. Passionate feelings. Powerful subconscious drives and longings. Emotional death. Killing off bad habits. An emotionally overwhelming mother. Insidious feelings. Insidious habits. The emotional shadow. The female shadow. Enigmatic women. Sorceresses. Intense reactions. Psychological insight. Emotional pressure. Power struggles with women. Power struggles with your mother. A smothering mother. Sexual instincts. Sexual feelings. Hiding feelings. Hiding habits. Hiding personal needs. A wealth of emotion. Instinct for wealth. Wanting to find buried treasure. Feeding the shadow. Feeding the dark side. Finding comfort in transformation. Finding comfort in intense experience. Finding comfort through sex. Powerful support.

Emotional resources. Food resources. Agonizing emotions. Consuming habits. Needing revenge. Being vindictive. Unrelenting feelings. Holding a grudge. Unrelenting support. Unrelenting passion and intensity- for better or worse. Intense feelings about family. Comfortable with overwhelming emotions. Strong likes and dislikes. No emotional middle ground. Extreme feelings of love or hate. Emotionally suffocating. Taking things personally. Never forgetting a transgression. Emotional cruelty- to yourself or others. Getting enjoyment from destruction. Getting enjoyment from cruelty. Emotional abuse- given or received. Tenacity. The ability to make a comeback. Taking pleasure in the taboo. Taking pleasure in healing experiences. Taking pleasure in psychology. Taking pleasure in deep feelings. Taking pleasure in heavy feelings. Sensing pressure from women. Formidable security needs. Subversive habits. The instinct to transform. Instinctual regeneration.

111 Responses to “Moon/Pluto Aspects”

1. jjasonham says:

Great post, Michelle!

2. Erika says:

I have Moon conjunct Pluto. It is can be hard but at least it is in Libra!

• Anany83 says:

i have this same pluto conjunct moon in libra, do u think it has made us more cooperative with our situation?light-hearted??

this article rocks!! dont u think?

bye

• Pat says:

I have Pluto Jupiter conjunct my leo ascendant opposing the moon

All this squares satur in the 4th and Venus exact opposition in the 10th…I am an aeries female and have never really trusted women esoecially fa,ily members

Find this blog very interesting

Thanks for reading, Pat.

Thanks :D

Do you have a Moon/Pluto aspect?

How do you feel it works for you in Libra? Do you ever feel the need to be an extreme devil's advocate?

5. Erika says:

I think that Libra helps me get over things fairly quickly. I can have extreme anger and then I can put it in perspective within a few minutes, to keep the peace. I think it helps me to see other people's point of view and understand how they feel. As for the devil's advocate – all of the time. I thought it was because of Aquarius AC and the Uranus squares!

If Placidus is used my Pluto is in the 8th house and Moon is in the 9th, but equal house moves Pluto to the 9th and I feel that it fits better.

6. jjasonham says:

I do. I have trine within 15 mins. Aquarius Moon, Libra Pluto.

7. jjasonham says:

I can see that. I had a reading once that talked about Pluto in Libra was able to provide strong emotions but perspective as well.

I think Libra, in its attempt to be fair, takes the other side just to show that there is another side- whether or not it's what they really believe.

I remember your 7th house Aquarian Moon, Leo rising, Gem Sun in the 11th and Venus in Cancer in the 12th- didn't remember the Moon/Pluto trine though :)

10. Aine Benandanti says:

Howdy from an 6H Aqua moon trine 3H Libra Pluto! Looks like I have a similar chart to jjasonham! ;)

Wow, interesting…3 people with a Pluto in Libra/Aquarius influence.

12. jjasonham says:

Yep!

13. jjasonham says:

Welcome!

14. jjasonham says:

Great post, Michelle!

15. Erika says:

I have Moon conjunct Pluto. It is can be hard but at least it is in Libra!

Thanks :D

Do you have a Moon/Pluto aspect?

18. Erika says:

19. jjasonham says:

I do. I have trine within 15 mins. Aquarius Moon, Libra Pluto.

20. jjasonham says:

23. Aine Benandanti says:

Wow, interesting…3 people with a Pluto in Libra/Aquarius influence.

25. jjasonham says:

Yep!

26. jjasonham says:

Welcome!

27. Organcollective says:

Moon conjunct Pluto in Scorpio…bummer.

Why? How do you experience Moon conjunct Pluto in Scorpio?

29. Organcollective says:

All strong emotion and suspicion, all the time.

Yes…suspicion. I forgot to put that into the brainstorm- that's a big one.

is there a difference between positive and negative aspects here? i have moon in aquarius trine pluto in libra

The trine would primarily show up as the positive descriptions. However, with Moon/Pluto you might find it too easy to be controlling, it might be so natural to you that you don't even realize you're doing it. Trines can go overboard because the energy flows so freely.

33. Barbara says:

I have got a Pluto-moon opposition and I recognize myself quite well in the description. Would like to talk to other moon-Pluto opposition to compare

I'm glad you could relate to the description. Was there anything in particular that stood out?

35. Barbara says:

Yes : emotional obsession. Controlling food. Power struggles with mother. Emotional abuse : received. Finding comfort from sex and from intense experiences.
    And you ?

Am finding your comment 3 months later, so don’t know if you will get this. But your comment is very helpful Barb as Pluto is moving into opposition with my natal moon. “Comfort from intense experiences.” Am defining what I am comfortable with. And learning to say, I don’t think so. Hitchhiker continually taking a ride to hell, well, it became exhausting. It may seem controlling when I say no, but heck mother is having a human experience, too.

I don't have a Moon/Pluto aspect :)

I have Moon Virgo 3rd Decile Pluto Libra 4th

Do you think that the Decile has the same effect as the other aspects or should I look at the Quintiles area?

From reading this, I can definitely relate to some of the description above,
    but then again it could be my Scorpio stellium causing the intensity.

What do you think?

I haven’t worked with the decile or many of the other really minor aspects – mainly because I don’t have an astrology program that works with them – so I really can’t say.

• Joyrjw says:

Ok. Thank you anyway:-)

38. Low Gale Haze says:

“Wanting to find buried treasure.” This one was so funny, because searching for one was all I did when I was a kid while in the beach. There’s too much in this that describes me well, mainly the mood swings, wich are kinda frequent. It also explains my attraction for doing what people say I shouldn’t do. And feeling atracted by who I shouldn’t because it’s just much more fun.

39. Iago says:

That surely describes much of what I get from my very (down to the minute) tight Aquarius Moon – Scorpio Pluto square. I feel like I always need something new, shocking, to put my life upside down, just to feel the situation (be it good or bad). I feel like I should go through the most extreme situations and experiences to get emotional reward. I have even got myself thinking about the death (Pluto!) of close people and how that could affect me, and automatically thought that would be an amazing transformative event to go through, even if it brought suffering. I’m rather cold emotionally, but sometimes I just crumble to pieces out of nowhere. It may look like I’m a bit psycho, but I promise I’m not (lol). Also, I’m pursuing a medical career, which also has to do with my pisces midheaven and sixth house scorpio. This article definitely tells a lot about me!

It’s quite amazing to have an exact (down to the minute) aspect with the Moon because the Moon moves so quickly. If you don’t mind my asking, what degrees are Pluto and the Moon at, and in which houses. I hope you don’t think I’m being nosy, but the only other person I know with a Moon/Pluto aspect down to the minute is my brother. He has the opposition, with Pluto at 26 Libra 08′ in the 6th house and the Moon at 26 Aries 08′ in the 12th house.

• Iago says:

Oh, of course I don’t mind sharing the information. I’ve got Moon 27 Aquarius 43′ in the 9th house and Pluto 27 Scorpio 43′ in the 6th house. I forgot to mention, my Pluto is retrograde.

Thank you Iago. Pluto in Scorpio in the 6th seems like a great position for a doctor. Are you going toward traditional medicine or alternative medicine?

• Iago says:

Even though I’m going to follow a tradicional medicine course, I’m profoundly interested in alternative medicine. I want to, somehow, combine both. It may seem too far-fetched but I think it’s possible. I have a feeling that both me and the patients can thrive from this, as I believe the two kinds of medicine complement each other perfectly.

Yes…I think so too. With an Aquarius 9th house Moon I would think that you’d have a love of progressive ideas. With the Moon square Pluto in the 6th house, those ideas would likely be tied to health, medicine and your line of work. Finding a way to blend them seems ideal.

• Kelly says:

i have a minor – but tight – aspect (semi sextile) but i totally understand what you said about needing to live extreme situations to feel reward, i already thought about death of people i love and “automatically thought that would be an amazing transformative event to go through”. It seens terrible but i think people like us need REALLY extreme situations sometimes.

and also, i feel i match with EVERY single point of this text, something related to my moon on the 1st house?

I’ve found that the minor aspects, when they are tight, are just as powerful as the major aspects. I don’t think they should be considered less important just because they are “minor” aspects.

• Wg. says:

I really agree with your comment Michelle. I think a lot of my minor aspects are quite tight, actually, it seems silly to discount them just because they’re minor.

I like what Robert Hand says, which is that tight “minor” aspects are often more powerful than loose “major” aspects.

• Wg. says:

I’ve never read Robert, although I’ve certainly heard of him of course–I hear he’s really good. Actually now that I look, most of my aspects are tight, but I have a sesquisquare at 0º ((Sun, Chiron), one at 2º (Venus, Chiron), a Q at -1º (Mars, Neptune), etc. But something just occurred to me. They say that for the minor aspects, just look at what the full aspect would be, and consider it less of an impact. But if it’s a super tight aspect, then what? Do you still consider it the same way as say a square (for the sesquisquare) but to a lesser degree? I’m not sure it could work both ways…

Well, that’s what I’ve read. Sue Tompkins basically says exactly that- that sesquisquares and such are just like squares but less tense and difficult.

I’ve only recently fully accepted how much influence the minors have, mostly because of the aspect series I’ve been writing. If you notice which celebrities I’ve been using, most of them have a minor aspect involving the planets. It seems to me that the minor aspects are actually more outwardly noticeable. Of course, these are just ideas I’m throwing around. As I continue to study charts I hope to come to an even clearer and more precise explanation of the differences.

• Wg. says:

Interesting, you should keep us updated. :o)

Will do :)

• Sdsunsets says:

I have the exact same placements you speak of. I would love to chat with you. sdsunsets@gmail.com. Hopefully you see this! :)

• Amy says:

I also have an Aquarius Moon at 23 and Scorpio Pluto Square at 22, and what you have just explained is exactly me. I tend to get into trouble with myself and my own emotions do to other aspects in my chart- I’m a double Scorpio- and anything I’ve ever let go seems to leave limping and bleeding along with my own limping and bleeding. I wouldn’t say I am cold, but to those trying to gain my favor for selfish reasons will feel my wrath. If they’re persistent, I can be ruthless, otherwise they are ignored. I also have extreme difficulties with women, finding myself attracted to them, yet easily cutting them off from my feelings. It’s been a wild ride so far!

I have Moon sesquiquadrate (sp) Pluto within 2’23″. I am a broody mofo who feels like I reflect all the bad aspects. I think it might help explain why my moon isn’t so light and airy and nimble. If a major aspect and a minor aspect have approximately the same orb- which is stronger?

I would say the major aspect would have more influence. However, I think it also depends on the planets involved and how important they are in your chart.

41. Mert says:

i have a trine aspect moon in pisces (unlucky me) and pluto in scorpio(ownage).

İs it good or bad?

Why do you consider yourself to be unlucky?

• Mert says:

my south node is in cancer which means that i need to stop acting according to my emotions but like universe is punishing me i have moon in pisces and ascendant in pisces too really funny i guess =))

my main sign is sagittarius at least with this aspect and sun identity i can easily and superfastly forget the pain i must endure after a relationship or a broken dream =))

42. Aqua says:

Thank you for this interesting post- Any thoughts on the sextile? Moon cancer pluto virgo

No specific thoughts right now. You probably have the ability to express your emotions passionately if you choose to take advantage of opportunities to do so.

43. Zoa says:

Out of all the aspects in my chart, this is my favorite.
    Moon at 16 Pisces trine Pluto at 12 Scorpio
    I feel I have the necessary strength to overcome anything, to heal my emotional wounds and of others… To Feeling everything so intensely makes me feel alive.
    Intensity is something I definitively enjoy.

I feel I have the necessary strength to overcome anything
      I’ll bet you do!

44. Etjones92 says:

I have Moon conjunct Pluto, as well as Venus in the 1st. I had terrible teen angst a few years ago to the point of what I thought insanity. I got past the enormous hump of innocence and now I’m much more willing to socialize and open myself up to anyone, especially talking to people about life and spirituality, which has been a huge discovery in my life recently. I still have trouble initiating loving relationships though, however I’m pretty well-liked at my high school.

That’s fantastic.

I still have trouble initiating loving relationships though
      You’ll get there, you’re still young. There’s no reason to rush.

45. Sharon says:

Pluto conjunct Moon in the 8th house in Libra. This is a very good… I can take an extreme opposite view and devil’s advocate position.

I’m glad you liked it, Sharon :)

I just had a big day yesterday, sort of a mini lifetime achievement version ^^

My transit still full of squares and opposes but my pluto sextile pluto still permanent maybe for the next 3 years. It’s very beneficial aspect, I can’t describe how worthless my life would be without the regererating pluto in advance.
    Essentially, yesterday transit moon TRINE my natal pluto and oppose real pluto.
    Moon in 3rd, Natal Pluto in between 6&7. Did I complain to you about how pluto cramping my social life? Because pluto in Scorpio around those houses will be overly serious, intense, powerful to have a light introduction chit chat which is very essential for friendship. Yes, I’m not easy to talk to, and having Saturn in 7th also didn’t help

But yesterday..I had chance to prove my non bs-approach.:) I was quite made everyone pay attention to me and to make them seeing me in a new perspective. I make them, not THEY make me..the pleasure..felt like sweet revenge! :)

Reading how bad pluto aspect to the moon (its fall in Scorpio too isn’t?) with trine instead, I guess these reading really fit me :)

Tenacity. The ability to make a comeback. Taking pleasure in the taboo. Taking pleasure in healing experiences. Taking pleasure in psychology. Taking pleasure in deep feelings. Taking pleasure in heavy feelings.The instinct to transform. Instinctual regeneration. Feeling reborn. Survival instincts. Feeling nourished by intense experiences, . A wealth of emotion. Instinct for wealth. Wanting to find buried treasure. Feeding the shadow. Feeding the dark side. Finding comfort in transformation. Finding comfort in intense experience.Needing to be in control. Controlling food intake. Controlled responses. Controlled feelings. Passionate feelings. Powerful subconscious drives and longings.

I’m pleased to see that your looking at the Planets in Aspect posts for transits too – because they work for natal, transits and even progressions.

Are those positions using Placidus?

• Joswan says:

No..they are in sidereal^^ hehe. But sidereal has the same house position (correspondence) The only difference is the sign and degree.

47. Regan says:

Im moon conjunct pluto in Scorpio 9th house and i’m more scared of me than anything else. this shit is on a roll …

Good luck ;)

48. Tinycoffee2000 says:

me?  moon pluto conj in Virgo in the 7th.  Current compulsive need to plumb the depths of astrology..love chart analysis..third daughter in a pluto family.  both sisters have moon in scorpio.  One has sun conj pluto the other has moon square pluto.  will not go into father, mother etc.  You get it.  Happily marrried.  Childless.  lets talk!

• Jights says:

How do you Moon/Pluto conjuncts in Libra approach love relationships? In the beginning, what happens? What are you drawn to, etc.? Thanks!

Thanks for stopping by :D

49. Andy030 says:

Ooh! Interesting! It’s such a hard aspect. I have moon in Pisces 11h sqr Pluto in Scorpio 8h

Pluto in the 8th – I don’t envy you! Thank you for reading, Andy 030.

Last week, I had transit Moon conjunct natal Pluto in 6th. If jealousy wasn’t my problem, then I got sick :(
    Pretty nasty one.

Are you better now?

• Joswan says:

Yes I do ^^
        It’s a matter to pick the right medicine for my cough.

51. Voyages says:

i have moon in cancer (8th) trining pluto in scorpio (12th),

i interpret this as a deep seated “need” to merge with others, being moslty “positive” in the sense that it leads to evolution. the root of this, however is mother trauma, stuff i don’t even remember. i recently got a reading that stated i had a “high receptivity to a higher order” and i attributed this to my 12th house action….

so…intenely fulfilling relationships with others is an effect of what i perceive to be a pretty positive thing in my life….my moons also afflicted though by neptune and mercury….so it’s not all great, and i always feel like pluto influence is particularly intense.

52. Eighth House Astrology says:

Awesome post!

Glad you liked it :)

53. Thomas Baker63 says:

i might have an brainstorm ideal….sadism?

• Em says:

i have moon conjunct pluto in scorpio, tight…..its quite stressful…..like you’re on drugs….intense emotions…..

It’s a possibility, but I doubt it’s true for every person with this aspect.

• Vmassage says:

I have Moon(Sag 7th) square Pluto(Vir 4th) within 3 degrees. I did not experience my Mother as being emotionally manipuliative. We had a very tight bond. I did however, feel much of her unresolved emotional ‘weight’, from her childhood. I felt as though I was brought into her life to help her to heal. I never felt burdened by this though, as we were always there for each other and I did not feel things were ever lopsided. Now that she has passed away, as of almost 2 yrs ago, I realize just how much of myself was integrated with Mom. I have been coming to, at least trying to, terms with who I am as a now motherless daughter. I still have a very strong need for ‘Mother’ in my life.

54. Illnino63 says:

My relationship with women has never been easy with this aspect. Its like I can’t relax around women. I always get tense when they’re around and I sometimes alienate myself from most of them because of this. I’m not gay, but it just seems like I can be myself around most men without them giving me looks of disgust. I don’t act perverted around women, but that doesn’t stop them from looking at me like I’m a piece of shit, when I’m happy and smiling.

I’m guessing that you are man?

55. Bvtyty says:

The QUINTILE aspect counts right ? :)

Sure it does.

56. Leah says:

The tightest aspect in my chart is the trine from Moon at 29.19 Aquarius and Pluto at 29.29 Libra. Deep emotions are inevitable, and I find myself so comfortable with them I have little motivation to get myself out of situations that provoke such intense emotions. Neptune is also at their midpoint at 28.54 Sagittarius so doesn’t help with the over sensitivity. I have extremely high intuition as well as high clarity to see into people’s darkest depths through dreams. My first lucid dream as a teenager I saw the death inside my mother’s soul.

57. Leah says:

Also adding that my son was born with the conjunction, also 10 minutes separated, with Pluto at 5.25 Capricorn and the Moon at 5.35 all conjunct his MC is 4.36 Capricorn.

His father has the Moon/Pluto square 11 Leo Moon to 9 Scorpio Pluto, don’t recall the exact degrees, but yeah, I guess you could say were all pretty “intense” emotionally. Emotional Titans.

58. Nailah says:

I also have this aspect.It’s terrible. Moon in Leo in the 9th house square Pluto Scorpio in the 12th/1st. Although, you keep, naming “obsessive” in you’r post. I have to say it’s quite opposite for me.
    I have my moments, just like any moon/pluto. I think this aspect is worst with women, and their friends . Either you’re to strange, or you’re trying to hard. So, it’s hard to have true friends. And, having pluto control you’r chart, makes it even worst.
    Trust me, I know.
    Although , this aspects makes you feel like you are here for a reason, and your life would not be in vain. I hate having this aspect, but at the same time I love it. Because you can sense who’s a fake instantly. And, bad side that leaves you with less people to befriend..

-N.D

Do you get paranoid about close female relationships?

59. Mumbaikar says:

Pluto stays in a sign for long time – 16-30 years. Its been in Virgo for many decades. It moved to libra in last decade or so. Does that mean all the Virgo moons show these symptoms, some of which are really life threatening and some extremely bad for relationships? Virgo moons were generally accepted as ideal children and life partners. What do you say?

Not all Virgo Moons born during Pluto in Virgo will have the conjunction. Even though these posts are broken down interaction by interaction, the chart needs to be taken as a whole. Moon/Pluto aspects can be mitigated by other planets involved and the overall personality of the person based on his/her chart.

60. unknxwn says:

I have this aspect and I believe this aspect is what has caused me unbelievable pain but I always get stronger. My moon in virgo and pluto in scorpio.

You must have some other things going on too, probably with Chiron.

61. Futurekiss says:

Wonderful post! Libra sun with 4th house Aquarius moon square 1st house Pluto in Scorpio. moon-Pluto descriptions generally do not match me. I don’t like strong emotions, and I mostly want things to be happy and positive. I dont have a smother mother either. However I tend to attract people who display moon-Pluto traits, both men and women. Is this normal for moon-Pluto aspects?

62. Nataly says:

I have the Moon trine Pluto (cunjunct Uranus17) in Virgo.
    Moon 9Cap in the 12th (needs time alone)
    Pluto 16Virgo in the 8th (sextile midheaven)
    Uranus 17Virgo in the 8th (sextile midheaven)

I am into transformational modes of living, the wind of transfomation that heals and regenarates – my job 6th house has Venus, Mars & Jupiter (trine midheaven sextile Pulto-Uranus)

63. Barbara says:

I have moon conjunct pluto (2 deg. orb)…. in Scorpio… in the 8th house… :D pluto opposite mars :D :D serial killer aspects… I’m a fucking disaster, hope one day I’ll be able to handle my cruelty. Is it possible?
    My family members are destructive, and so am I… We’re killing eachother emotionally.

ps: most of the people find me humble………

1. Tweets that mention Moon/Pluto Aspects: Brainstorm -- Topsy.com -

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Michelle, Michelle. Michelle said: Moon/Pluto Aspects: Brainstorm: Emotional undertow. Buried feelings. Burying… http://goo.gl/fb/Gt7Ds #astrology [...]