Venus/Chiron Aspects

keys to lovePain through relationship. Understanding your link to humanity through relationship. Love tinged with pain. Extreme sensitivity to peace and harmony, and a lack of peace and harmony. Extreme sensitivity to harmony or disharmony in relationships. Extreme sensitivity to your social relationships – where you stand, who likes you, who your friends are and who your enemies are. Extreme sensitivity to issues of beauty and attraction. Extreme sensitivity to art and creativity. Extreme sensitivity to issues of value and worth.

Wounded feelings surrounding your value, worth and self-esteem. Feelings of being unattractive, unloved or unwanted. The pain of rejection in love. The pain of rejection because of your appearance. Being rejected because you’re not popular or pretty enough. Pain surrounding the need to be liked and adored. The dark side of wanting to be seen as beautiful and attractive. Body dysmorphic disorder. Plastic surgery junkies. The wounded feminine. Healing the feminine self. For men, getting in touch with your anima. Overcoming sensitivity concerning your appearance. Learning to like yourself. Realizing that beauty really is more than skin deep. Painful relationships with women. Relationships with women in which sexual competitiveness, envy and jealousy dominate. Inability to tap into your powers of attraction. Learning about the Law of Attraction. Overcoming fears of being alluring and seductive. Learning to flirt. Learning to enjoy the pleasurable side of life.

Dysfunctional relationships with money. Using pleasure as a way not to deal with pain. Using manipulation to get your way. Using charm and seduction as the path of least resistance to get what you want. Using money to heal pain. Trying to use money to buy love. Money can’t buy you love. Money can’t buy happiness. Getting stuff is not the same as getting affection. Becoming aware of overly passive tendencies in relationships. Becoming aware of when you are simply being a mirror for the people in your life. Getting in touch with what you really want and how that acknowledgment might affect your relationships. Becoming a guru or guide through the realm of relationships. Someone who knows the trials of love. Someone who has been through the mill of love. Love is a sore subject. Relationships are a sore subject. Inability to let go of past relationship hurts.

The doors of perception are opened through relationship. Wholeness through accepting and appreciating each relationship in your life and what it has to teach you. Wholeness through making an effort to lessen conflict in the world. Harbingers of peace. Deep insights into the nature of relating to others. Unlocking new doors in relationship. Finding new ways of relating. Discovering within yourself something original upon which to build self-love and self-esteem. Original perceptions about relationships. Deep insights into the creative process. Using art as a way to release pain and trauma. Creativity can be a sore subject. Money can be a sore subject. Artists who feel that their work is never properly valued. Issues with feeling that you are never paid what you are worth. Feeling that you should be financially compensated for your love. Pain centers on feeling appreciated for your creative contribution.

The key to healing is building self-esteem. The key to healing is making peace in relationships. The key to healing is understanding your relationship with money. The key to healing is tapping into your creativity. The key to healing is to make peace with your appearance. The key to healing is focusing on peace. The key to healing is realizing that some relationships can’t be fixed. The key to healing is standing up for your values. The key to healing is accepting yourself and others. The key to healing is enjoying life.

original chiron glyph

Original Chiron glyph. Click to read more.

Chiron is both a minor planet and a comet. It is located between Saturn and Uranus. Chiron takes about 50 years to make one complete cycle through all the signs of the zodiac. Chiron is in Libra for the shortest amount of time – 1.5 years; and in Aries the longest – about 8 years. Chiron’s symbol resembles a key.

People with Venus/Chiron aspects:

• Julian Lennon: Venus conjunct Chiron
  • Bob Marley: Venus opposite Chiron
  • Elizabeth Taylor: Venus semisextile Chiron
  • Courtney Love: Venus square Chiron
  • Whitney Houston: Venus quincunx Chiron
  • Sean Connery: Venus quincunx Chiron
  • Liam Neeson: Venus quincunx Chiron
  • Angelina Jolie: Venus square Chiron
  • Michael Moore: Venus trine Chiron
  • Sigourney Weaver: Venus conjunct Chiron
  • Alicia Keys: Venus trine Chiron

175 Responses to “Venus/Chiron Aspects”

1. Low Gale Haze says:

I can relate to some of this. I have a loose semi-sextile between them, but since chiron is in my seventh house I guess that it will have something to do with relationships anyway. And my chest hurts a lot whenever I remember someone and I can’t say anymore how I feel about them. It got to an extent that whenever I find pleasure, it also becomes pain.

Have you had any long relationships so far? You look young :)

• Low Gale Haze says:

I actually never had a romantic relationship so far. I often get anxious about destroying them before they start.

Thank you for answering.

You always tickle me.  I love romance.  But that doesn’t necessarily correlate with relationship to one other for me, as much as the advertisers would like me to believe..  I think it can or cannot be part of a relationship with another.  I have lots of romance in my life as a single person.  Certain places are romantic, nature is romantic, a delicious bowl of soup, herbal soap, and on and on.  It’s seems like it is full engagement in pleasure, a complete indulgence of the senses where tick tock time has no place.  I think it cannot be forced, it has to be allowed.  Ahhhhh.  Good tickle.  :  D

The thing that never ceases to amaze me is how differently folks experience life.  It is really helpful in understanding that there is a world within others that is completely their own.  This would have been really helpful to know for one who entered into a very black and white world, like there was some easy formula to follow in life.  Like do this, do that, and everything will be peachy.

So am I understanding you correctly that you think of a person and don’t know what to feel? Or is it running into someone and not feeling anything?  You sound very non judgemental?  Or is it loss of something that was?  I don’t mean to pry, but what you are saying interests me, because it is not familiar to me.

• Low Gale Haze says:

Well, my feelings are nebulous to me and they change a lot. I guess that’s because I need to see things very well defined, and since feelings are abstract and mixed I can’t say exactly what I feel. I have too much of virgo in my chart, including a virgo moon, maybe that’s why i wanna everything exactly explained. The funny part is that I hate definitions and limitations, wich is exactly what I try to do to my feelings.
        I agree with you. Each person is a unique world. I’d like to really feel these different worlds and understand them.

Nice insights into the Virgo Moon, LGH.

Your whole last paragraph beginning with the words, “The key to healing . . .” describes my 2nd house Venus in Libra (conjunct North Node/Sun and numerous asteroids)  trine my 6th house Chiron in Aquarius.

As far as relationships go, I’ve learned to quickly recognize what’s healthy as opposed to what’s NOT, just  as I know how to treat both my personal and business relationships with respect and courtesy.  It comes easily to me and I love to nurture my friends, sometimes through drawing out their own hidden gifts.  Even when I was an inexperienced teenager, friends would turn to me for relationship advice – and later for help with their fashion/beauty/decorating dilemmas.

I’m also mindful in everyday relationships and interactions – I take nothing for granted and pay attention to little details that others often miss, knowing they make a difference.  The thing is, not everyone gets it and I know that.too; Frustrating as it is, I’ve had to learn (still learning) to accept certain imperfections in the careless way human beings treat one another.

I used to attract users, but not so much anymore, mostly because I let those relationships go before they can progress.  I rarely make a big deal out of it – instead, I keep things friendly, yet somewhat distant., which saddens me.  With Chiron in the 6th, Reiki has been great because I can share the LOVE without feeling the “relationship” has to be reciprocal.  I love to serve, but only if it creates something of value and integrity.

As you’ve pointed out, this aspect affects all things related to Venus, not just relationships.  I also think my art has a healing quality, and I do love anything that’s beautiful – art, music, jewelry, even the design on a piece of fabric used to create a colorful throw pillow or the workmanship and graceful line of a piece of clothing that fits just right, or the feel of a feather bed covered in soft cotton sheets.

Another great post, Michelle.  Thanks!

I forgot to mention that with Chiron in the 6th, people also turn to me for advice on a lot of little things, not the least of which are matters relating to health, fitness and/or nutrition.  I’ve had a lot of experience dealing with medical issues and even if I don’t know something, I usually know how to find out.  I’m very proactive (and practical) when it comes to achieving good health through natural means – when at all possible.  I do respect the fact that traditional Western medicine (allopathic) has its place, but I don’t rely on it for everything, nor do I run to the doctor with every symptom.

I’m much more comfortable with the idea of treating the underlying cause of illness, as opposed to just treating the symptoms . . . when POSSIBLE, anyway.

People with 6th house planets often seem drawn to mind-body healing methods.

even if I don’t know something, I usually know how to find out.

That sounds like Chiron.

Do you have Chiron in aspect to Mars too?

I am getting a maverick kind of feel about chiron?  Like going out on a limb?

“Going out on a limb” is funny since Chiron was lame and all.

LMAO!!

Did a little reading on chiron.  Apparently he was wounded by Herakles on his journey as H fought off a wild boar.  That mythology stuff can really take me to all sorts of scenarios ala da vinci code.  Whoa nelly, neptuna fish samich.  Like Andrews writes about crossing paths with the boar as about examining fidelity and protection of family.  On a positive note he writes of the tusks of the boar and if we want the treasures, we must dig them out for ourselves relying on our own strengths.  And then it digresses to good ol sexuality with reference to the chinese “eating roast pork” as a metaphor for sexual intercourse.  But that pig is dead and cooked.

The interesting thing about chiron myth is that ovid wrote he picked up a hydra-ted arrow and dropped it on his own foot?  Either which way, do I beware of friends poisoned arrows?  Maybe I should just let those arrows lay there and don’t pick em up?

Chiron dropping the arrow on his own foot puts a different spin on everything.

At some point I want to read Robert Graves’s The Greek Myths

Mind-body healing – yes!  I also place a high value on nutrition and fitness.  I believe everything works together, although I do understand (and accept) that some things are beyond *our* control and serve a greater purpose through teaching us the value in surrender through humility.  Or would that be humility through surrender?  :)

No major aspects to Mars (unless you count a Bi-septile), but ruler of my Chiron (Uranus, which sits in the 12th opposite Chiron) forms a quintile with my Mars/Part of Fortune.  Plus my Chiron is loosely connected to my Aquarius Moon which is trine Mars.

Here’s a link on the septile series I found kind of interesting:  http://www.universalastrologer.com/septile.html

I did some copying and pasting, so if this comment is all over the place, I’m sorry!

That’s a great link.

Right now I’m living in a 7 house and this energy is not conducive to practical things. I feel like I’m on 7 energy overload.

It is an interesting link, isn’t it?   I can see how living in a 7 environment would present certain challenges.

In terms of achieving practical results (like taking care of paper work or cleaning house), I  find I’m most effective when I’m alone and can work at my own pace – that’s one way to deal with the energies, if I’m understanding what you’re saying.

It’s great for spiritual/metaphysical inclinations. But, I already have Neptune conjunct IC in my natal chart, so spacing out, being impractical, going with the flow – all of that Neptunian stuff – is natural  for me in my living space. I’m so passive in this house. I think I want to move to an 8 house.

I used to live on my Neptune/IC line: making headway professionally was hopeless.

I’ve been wondering about the energy of an 8 house. The house directly in front of my house across the street is an 8 house and it’s been through several residents and I do mean several in my 11 years here. It seems like there is some bad energy or something because of the way most of the folks had to vacate the place. It’s been empty for the past 3 years.

My house is a 9 house.

I wonder what else is going on with that place.

What is the energy like in your place?

What Billow said about an 8 house “Alot of people going in and out.” definitely describes that house. I believe it’s been foreclosed on 3 times so a contraction (Saturn and probably Pluto as well) of finances (Venus) was involved.

It finally feels like I’m home and this place has been the initiation of the emergence from my shell.  Since 9 is an alchemy of 1-8 energy, I can  say that all have been a part of my experience here and as the saying goes “Goddess helps those that help themselves”.

I can’t think of anyone I know who lives in an 8 house.

Oooh, I did not know you have neptune conj IC.  Transiting neptune is on its way back over my IC.  I won’t be out of the rabbit hole until sometime in 2012.  I am first coming to understand what the whole neptune in aquarius thing has been about for me.  Like I always say, hard work pays off.  I feel better equipped for all things future and for making it happen in the present.

Neptune at my IC (in Sagittarius) makes me feel like a blank slate.

I’m in a 7 house too by PO Box number.  If I put up a mailbox on the dirve I will be in a 4 house.  I’m considering it.

How has your experience of the energy in your house been?

0 – void, nothingness, potential
                1 – unobstructed flow of energy, new beginnings
                2 – balance, choice, cooperation
                3 – creativity, family, self-expression
                4 – stability, grounding, security
                5 – change, resourcefulness, adventure
                6 – calm, patience
                7 – contemplation, self-evaluation, solitude
                8 – infinity, abundance, success in business
                9 – highest number, accomplishment, attainment.

The 4 house felt pretty secure.  Except that with stability, there also comes insecurity and worry about loss.  The same 7 house has shook that insecurity thing loose and away.  It’s a good research house with a little land to do some wildlife experimentation so that is good.  And I’ve always been a contemplater but probably more so in the 7.

I haven’t looked at this much, but .  . .  A friend moved to an 8 house and swears by it.  Alot of people going in and out.  She has finally gotten her finances together and is checking out an independent side business.

I find 4 houses very parentally controlled.  Like a bonding between parents and children that hangs on way too long.  I moved in my uncles house upon his death so alot of gran and great gran’s things are still here.  The address change to 7 is allowing me to get rid of alot of the old stuff that really isn’t functional.  Sentimentality turned into get some of this crap moving out the door.  How much furniture do i need anyway.  The 7 house is good solitude in the midst of the whirl of activity outside my yarden.

I have some reservations about the 1 house.  I think it takes a certain kind of person to live there.  I know of two single men who committed suicide in 1 houses.  I know the family of 3 that moved into one of the houses.  I do not think their marriage is going to make it.  She has a side business of sorts and I suggested that she get a business address in addition to the home address by adding an A to one address and a B to the other, but no go.

A 7 house is good for solitude. I spend quite a bit of time doing things here by myself.

I’ve never lived in a 4 house (that I remember). It seems like it would have a parental tone to it.

It’s cool to hear that you actually know someone living successfully in an 8 house.

I lived in a 9 house for a little while. It was a good place to live while transitioning from one phase to another.

The last place we lived in was a 4, and while we were living there, caring for my mom became a full-time job.  Actually, lots of challenging stuff happened there.  Finally we decided to downsize and leave the bad mojo behind.  Right during our move, my mother went from bad to worse and passed away.

Oddly enough, my dad died during a previous move.  Pluto has been transiting through my 4th for many years.

Now we live in a 3.

Thanks, LB :)

You have such a strong Venusian influence with your Sun in Libra in the 2nd house. Plus, Venus is your North Node ruler, so the Chiron influence is part of who you are becoming through your North Node path. You probably have a lot of Aries South Node ability to say no to people which prevents you from becoming a doormat.

What’s really funny about my chart is that for every significant Libra 2nd house placement, there’s an Aries 8th house placement exactly opposite.  I’ll probably always be a blend of the two energies (Aries and Libra), which explains why I get along with and relate so well to Aries.  I love their directness and lack of guile.  No one has ever mistaken me for an Aries though – they always guess Scorpio!

I’m not a doormat, but with Chiron in the 6th, I have been made a scapegoat.  Naturally I’ve stood up for myself, but still . . . It’s made me very aware of not wanting to scapegoat others.

Did I mention my 4th house Saturn (conjunct Part of Spirit/asteroid Spirit) represents the midpoint of my Venus/Chiron trine?  It makes the interpretation even more interesting.

You come across quite strong and intense to me. If I didn’t already know, I’d guess an 8th house/Pluto/Scorpio influence.

How do you see Saturn as the midpoint of Venus/Chiron working for you?

I think having Saturn (in Sagittarius) as the midpoint has motivated me to want to overcome my initial limitations and serve something greater than myself.  I’ve had to work hard to overcome my fears and learn to trust in something bigger (and more loving) to carry me through, particularly when I took on responsibilities for both of my elderly parents.  My spiritual faith helps form the core of who I am.

Now I like the idea of Saturn in the 4th providing a home base where I can earn a living doing healing work and creating art for fun.  I’m also thinking the 4th may involve me eventually working with end-of-life and/or beginning-of-life issues.  End of life issues seem to be a recurring theme in my life.

Saturn in the 4th seems to speak to “home business.”

Thanks, Michelle.  Nice to know you think so too.  Now I have to go back to your series on house rulers to look up what ruler of the 5th in the 4th means.

All that Libra has had another effect in that my relationship with my husband has been instrumental in helping me to heal – he’s the only person who’s ever really known and accepted me for who I am.  That’s the power of love.

Being accepted for who you are is a rare and valuable thing.

3. Zoa says:

I’ve been waiting for this for a while
    As much as I’ve read and researched about Venus-Chiron aspects it still eludes me what does Venus Q Chiron does exactly.

Venus-Chiron aspects, as I understand, are about the pain of love, art and money and how to heal those wounds. I have Venus in Aries Q Chiron in Gemini. So, how does the Quintile work? It is halfway through a sextile and a square, so I feel it is sort of in-between easy and hard. And while it’s not a strong aspect, it’s there.  I feel that I don’t deserve to be loved unless, I give and give and give to the other person. This is further complicated by difficult aspects from Neptune and Pluto to my Venus.

i know the wounds and pain very well. I am still trying to figure out the way to heal. WIth Chiron aspecting my Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter… I have a lot of work to do!

Do you have Venus in aspects to Saturn, or planets in the 2nd house?

Venus in Aries is, unfortunately, rather selfish. Chiron in Gemini is somewhat scattered. On the positive side, Venus in Aries knows what she wants and Chiron in Gemini doesn’t get stuck on any one thing.

Does any of that resonate with you?

• Zoa says:

“Venus in Aries knows what she wants” I resonate with that. I definitively know what I want.

I can be somewhat scattered (especially since Chiron opposes my Mars in Sag) but not when it comes to love or money. I don’t have Venus-Saturn aspect but I do have Saturn ruling the 7th and Venus in the 10th which is similar. The ruler of my 2nd aspects Saturn as well.

My second house is empty.

Venus and Saturn are in mutual reception by house. That might account for some of the unloved feelings.

Venus quintile Chiron probably gives you the ability to empathize with other people who experience the need to give and give in order to feel loved. It might also make you quite witty and sassy when you’re flirting – yet you’re sensitive to how you’re received.

• Zoa says:

Thank you Michelle.
            I am sensitive about a lot of things since my Chiron makes so many aspects but I am especially sensitive when it comes to love. the other planets aspected by Chiron are rather well-aspected. My Venus is in detriment, with hard aspects from Neptune and Pluto and in Saturn’s house. That is why I don’t do much flirting lol

I also have Venus in Aries (detriment). Venus in Aries by itself doesn’t tend to show lack of flirting, but those hard aspects certainly put a clamp on it.

• Zoa says:

My second house is empty.

4. Kattylassiter says:

My venus conjuncts my chiron in cancer. And they are both in the 10th House. This also conjuncts my south node which in cancer 10th house.

How’s your relationship with your mom?

5. Joe says:

That’s interesting that Bob Marley had the opposition considering he had so many relationships.  Maybe he sought healing in that?  He must have also have been very sensitive about his music.

I read a biography of Bob Marley a long time ago. His relationships were important to him. According to the book, he made no bones about not being monogamous but he promised that he would provide for every one of his children. It seems like he has. I’m not aware of his children having any anger or resentment toward him.

6. Joe says:

Wow! Very negative. I thought I have it (venus) trine (chiron) so I dont deal with negative esteem.
    Imagine if I have venus square chiron..geez

xxxx

Just imagine the opposite of every negative statement as the healthy fulfillment of Venus/Chiron. So, “Dysfunctional relationships with money” becomes a healthy understanding of money and its value. Body dysmorphia becomes a loving acceptance of your body as it is. Envy and jealousy in female relationships becomes true feminine companionship.

I can add those to the post if it makes you happier :)

Btw, I got your email, but haven’t had time to reply.

8. Lehnonia says:

Wait… there’s a pleasurable side of life?

• Lehnonia says:

Van Gogh comes to mind… I have always felt a connection to him.

Just looked at his chart – he has a wide sextile.

9. Robin Joy Dore says:

I have
     OOB Venus Capricorn 2’01 7th house  trine  Chiron Rx Aries 10th house (equal house) within 4 degree orb separating

Wow! this really resonates with me. I wonder why it’s seems so strong?

Extreme sensitivity to harmony or disharmony in relationships. Extreme
    sensitivity to your social relationships – where you stand, who likes
    you, who your friends are and who your enemies are. Extreme sensitivity
    to issues of beauty and attraction. Extreme sensitivity to art and
    creativity. Extreme sensitivity to issues of value and worth.
    Feelings of being unattractive, unloved or unwanted. The pain of rejection in love.Pain surrounding the need to be liked and adored.Body dysmorphic disorder. Learning about the Law of Attraction.
     I believe…Getting stuff is not the same as getting affection.Becoming aware of overly passive tendencies in relationships.  Getting in touch with what you really want and how that acknowledgment
    might affect your relationships.Using art as a way to release pain and trauma. Creativity can be a sore
    subject. Money can be a sore subject. Pain centers on feeling appreciated for your creative contribution.The key to healing is building self-esteem. The key to healing is making
    peace in relationships. The key to healing is understanding your
    relationship with money. The key to healing is tapping into your
    creativity. The key to healing is to make peace with your appearance.
    The key to healing is focusing on peace. The key to healing is realizing
    that some relationships can’t be fixed. The key to healing is standing
    up for your values. The key to healing is accepting yourself and others.
    The key to healing is enjoying life.

10. David5379 says:

hmm, i have the trine, not sure if my agreement with all this is actually the trine or the venus saturn thing i have, there is a sort of constant pain to social things, even when i improve saturn wise, oh well saturn is aspecting both of them, even though its bad now i guess it will turn around eventually

I’m sorry to hear that. Saturn things usually get easier with age, so it should get easier for you to handle these forces in your life.

• David5379 says:

My venus is pretty beaten up, i mean its very very harshly aspected, the worst thing seems to be saturn even if it is a sextile, i can defiantly agree with that chironic sensitivity and social pain, and i always feel that even with good friends but even though saturn is the harshest, it is the thing that will get me through

I am first really finding out about saturn energy.  I have it natal first house and my progressed asc is now capricorn.  I like being the heavy.  It keeps me sane and out of trouble.  If folks are bored, they can walk away.  An old friend once told me that it is better to be alone than to be left alone.  I think of that often lately as I head in a new direction.

• David5379 says:

hmm, i dunno if i can be completely alone, (my sun is in the 7th after all)  im tough enough to not sacrifice my dignity or dwell too much, the way i see it for me is saturn is the great nullifier, the thing that riddles you with fear, if i just stay by myself i would be doing it out of fear, if im going to conquer it its going to be through more not less, but the fact i am getting more and more venus competent is hard earned and real, it seems superficial to want more friends, to be more attractive, and such but ive done so by pure grit and patience, there was no trick or  sacrifice of dignity or morals, ive improved by time, suffering, and patience
            so even though venus qualities are in and of themselves kind of shallow, i realized a few years ago that by completely denouncing those things in me i was hiding from what i was scared of, Ive slowly gotten better clothes, more friends, more socially affluent, and by the end there was actually well liked by everyone(even though i didnt know any of those people at all), but what i was building up was myself, im still the same person just further along
            ive still got a long way to go, and admitably am still a bit unhappy with the realm of venus in general, but every year i look back and damn if i didnt improve by significant stretches

Honoring needs seems healthy.  Especially when it’s on your own terms.  And it definitely sounds like you are moving to where you want to be.  Can’t argue with that.  I’m not quite as goal driven, just want to experience life more fully.  I’m finishing up the subtraction phase so I can work on some addition.   Thanks for sharing.

• David5379 says:

thank you too, hopefully it didnt come off as if my entire life is centered around this, i deal with problems as they come is all, and more than that im going off to college so there will be little room for saturns doom and gloom, anywho hope you get to a high number then, good luck out there, sometimes you need a reality check of your finiteness before you can appreciate the infinite out there

“sometimes you need a reality check of your finiteness before you can appreciate the infinite out there”  .  .  .  very aptly put.  I do admire your strength.

And yes I realize that what you are discussing is not your entire life.  We are multi faceted individuals after all.  I find it interesting and very often annoying, when someone glues themselves to one thing about me.  It’s like being boxed in.  So hell yay, I’ve had more harrowing experiences than alot of people but that doesn’t mean I have problems.  It’s just my story.There are many elements.

Have you lived in the same area for a long period of time? Do you know which line runs through the area you live (according to astrocartography)?

• David5379 says:

i was born in germany, but didnt get old enough to have any memories, ive grown up in san antonio texas my entire life, and im about to live in austin, because im going to college there, i looked into astrocartography when u posted that link, but im saving my money for very obvious reasons

Different areas can bring out different parts of your personality.

Austin is such a nice city. My North Node/ IC line runs right next to it.

• David5379 says:

it is a nice city, during orientation, i woke up and my orientation roomie was gone, so in a daze i got up to go to the rest room and while i was he came back suddenly, i went to the restroom and assumed he would be in the room when i got back, but really there arent any thoughts going on when im half asleep, and he was gone and i was locked out. I normally always have my key on me all the time but i got caught in that vulnerable half awake moment, so basically I had to wander the campus/city to find him(i knew where he was, but not exactly how to get there), in my underwear. And no one cared, at first it felt like, oh so this is the punch of bad luck i always get but then it wasnt bad it was great because sincerely absolutely no one cared

Hm…interesting.

“it was great because sincerely absolutely no one cared”  .  .  .   i get that on some level I can’t explain.

Me too.

6th house Venus in Aquarius conjunct BML in Pisces semi-sextile 7th house Mercury/Saturn/Chiron in Pisces.

This post so hit the mark (ouch) it’s ridiculous, though I’m too chicken to have plastic surgery so accepting my appearance  has never been a problem in that manner.  Shoot, I’m scared of the lasik (sp?) surgery though it sure would be nice to not have to get eyeglasses anymore. My lack of clear eyesight has gotten quite pricey now that I’m a midlifer and I’m not ready for the cheaper line in the lenses. Crap!

“Discovering within yourself something original upon which to build self-love and self-esteem”Totally describes my journey thus far. I’m patiently awaiting the Saturn/Chiron, Uranus/Chiron and Pluto/Chiron and Chiron/Angles posts though I will make sure to have a stiff drink of something in hand before reading them…JK, only on the drink part. lol

Awesome, awesome post Michelle!

Wow, you do have a lot of Chiron going on!

I was just mentioning how part of my Chiron/Venus challenge has been learning to accept my aging appearance without feeling repelled every time I look in the mirror.  It’s funny because I don’t feel that way about other people as they grow older, only myself.  It’s so superficial, I really hate that it bothers me.  That’s the problem with receiving a lot of attention for most of my life based on how I looked.  Ultimately it’s meaningless, except insofar as the meaning we attach to it.  Even when I was younger, I always found *something* to be dissatisfied with.  Now it’s a big something.

My mom had plastic surgery when she was a little younger than I am now, but I refuse to give in.  I think  the fact that I started out in life feeling like an ugly-duckling – and then “blossomed” – probably makes it harder to come to terms with the aging process.  But I know eventually it will provide me with the opportunity to develop a healthier attitude about what really matters.

Btw, MsFullroller – my dad had the eye surgery to correct his nearsightedness.  He loved it except for the fact that it over corrected his vision just a bit – he needed slightly stronger reading glasses.  Having said that, I’m scared of it too. :)

I’m the opposite in that I’ve gotten more comfortable as I’ve gotten older with my appearance. I’ve been wearing glasses for approx 37 of my 45 years and wearing size 9/10 shoe about that long as well. Back in the day, guys did not “holla” at plain jane, 4 eyed, big foot, kinda tall (I’m 5′ 7″), intelligent girls.  If I could have gotten plastic surgery, it would have been to shrink my feet. However, “the girls” have attracted unwanted attention as  guys would always be looking “there” while talking to me. Damn, I hate that. Now even though I’m 40lbs heavier than I was back in the day, I think I’m kinda cute. Big feet, plain jane, 4 eyes with no-line bi-focals, and metallic highlights in hair . lol

You’re definitely “knda cute”, big feet and all!

I’ve always had big feet too, even though I started out short for my age.  Then as I started to get taller, I also got skinnier.  Skinny, tall, blonde girls were not popular in the neighborhood I grew up in – and like you said, intelligence wasn’t considered an attractive attribute either.  Plus I had really big ears.

When all that changed, I mostly got attention based on the illusion of who people thought I was.  My husband was the first man I ever dated who took me seriously as a person – initially, he didn’t even think I was all that beautiful (now he does) – which very much appealed to me!

It’s all just a facade anyway; I’ve encountered real ugliness hiding behind some of those beautiful masks, as well as some whose beauty shines through despite not meeting the traditional criteria.  I’m sure you know what I mean.  It’s that inner presence that’s hard to define.

Aww, thanks Sis! Yeah, I know exactly what you mean.

Funny but for some reason I imagined you were petite too! You and Michelle are tall than I am. Cool!

People often refer to me a being “tiny” or petite.  Don’t know why, since I’m not.  Maybe it’s because I’m relatively slender and speak softly.

Lmao :)

I’m 5’9″ with size 9/5-11 feet. I’m never going to be a “shawty.”

Ha – I’m 5’8″ with size 9.5 – 10 feet.   Big feet think alike?

Lol…oy…

My mom tried to get me to wear smaller shoes when I was a teenager so my feet wouldn’t keep growing. I refused. Having big feet isn’t the worst thing in the world.

I feel so dainty and petit with my yarden muddy size 8s.

Lol

Love “yarden”

Yikes!!

My mom used to make me wear white shoes for Easter…this of course when I was younger. I don’t do white shoes. Not a good look unless they are high heels, but white flats when you’ve got stick legs…uh uh, no way. Sorry but this is where my vanity shows.

White shoes are bad, and so are a lot of ballerina-type slippers. I look like I’ve stuck my foot in a canoe.

LOL!

Have you ever heard Fats Waller’s song Your Feets Too Big?

What’s the deal with the bunny celebration?  It is the holiday she always splurged on.  Must have to do with that Easter Parade thing.  We had bonnets and gloves to go with the shoes.

When I waitressed I had to wear those oily polyester dress things.  They really felt slimy as they collected the grease from the grills.  Anyway, that meant panty hose and with my thin ankles and long feet, my nickname was Minnie Mouse.

And remember Msfullroller no white shoes after labor day.

I do like a nice basket filled with treats :)

Even peeps?

Even peeps?

I like Peeps, but I’m not a huge fan. Having spongy pink marshmallow bunnies once a year is enough to make them a special treat. I wouldn’t want to eat them every day.

My brain was screaming sacrilige when I saw Halloween peeps for the first time.

Peeps are not for Halloween. The end.

Even peeps?

Even peeps?

“And remember Msfullroller no white shoes after labor day.”

LOL, how could I forget!

Lmao!! Nope Sis, I don’t think so! :-)

So misleading :)

So like I went to the doctor in a panic.  I am prematurely aging I told him.  There is something wrong with me, I know it.  I am only forty years old and my hair is going all gray already.  My sisters, they are older and no gray hair at all.  It’s hair dye you idiot, he told me.  No sir, they always talk about how they don’t have gray hair yet and point at mine.  So I visited their houses and looked in their bathroom cabinets and there it was Lady Clairol.  But then I read something about the chemicals in hair dye and how they seep into the brain and turn women into something called coogas.

LOL – good thing you listened to your doctor!  Funny story, billow. :)

Coogas. That’s awesome.

You guys are killing me in this thread.

Side note: I dyed my hair from age 15 to 26, then I developed an irrational fear that my hair would fall out, so I stopped.

I’m telling you when I saw that Lady Clairol, I was ready to inject it with something that would make their hair fall out.

The fact that they were lying about it is kind of silly. I don’t have anything in particular against people dyeing their hair, although it is toxic and unhealthy.

Totally agree with what you said about attachment to appearance.

Also, my eyes have gotten worse in the last 2-3 months. Too much time on the computer :(

Reading glasses are great.  You sure don’t make the typos I make when I don’t have my reading glasses on.

I’m going to see if taking breaks and spending more time outside helps.

Office ergonomics suggests that folks look across the room into the distance every 20 minutes in computer intensive jobs to readjust the eyes.

I was on a very computer intense job in the early 90s and my boss walked into my office and he was glowing yellow or so I thought.  I told him I see your aura, it’s yellow.  It was another, you idiot you’ve been staring at that screen too long.

I’ve heard that (about looking in the distance every 20 minutes or so).

Was his aura yellow, or was it too much staring at the screen?

?  ?  ?  ?

So it was just staring at the screen too long. I thought you had entered a miraculous aura- perception realm. /shrugs

Back in the day, the way we checked our auras was in a dark room looking into a mirror with a candle behind us.  It worked.  Trippy the way the color filled the whole room.

Never tried that. I think I’d be too scared of “Bloody Mary” popping up in the mirror.

A stiff drink :)

Being nosy…but do you attract partners that you tend to feel sorry for, or who have problems that can’t be fixed no matter how hard you try?

12. billow says:

I love the knowing who your friends are aspect of the venus chiron setup.  It always amazes me how lightly some take friendship.  How friends are sold out or left behind in pursuit of bright shiny objects or fame by association with another.  It eventually causes hardship.  I am very leery of folks who don’t know who their friends are.

Social climbers?

Wanna bees?  Players?

13. Shawn says:

Ah, like an arrow through the heart, ya got me! Venus 2degrees Gemini in the 4th trine (which opposes Saturn in Sag 2degrees exactly in my 10th) Chiron in Aquarius 10 degrees in the first (which also conjuncts my Moon in Aquarius at 18, and that opposes Jupiter 21 in Leo and Pluto 26 Leo in the 7th!) I am awash with Chironic themes! (and I became a psychologist, symbologist,Tarot Teacher and psychic, medium, astrologer, counsellor, women’s retreat leader, supporting women’s issues, metapysician and writer on all its many themes.) As an Aries I can honestly say,” I AM…..The Wounded Healer!”

Chiron was wounded by the venom of the snake on the arrow.  The snake wound around the staff is the symbol of the medical profession.

Waking up and smellin the coffee with neptuna fish .    .    .

From wikipedia for what it’s worth       ”  The caduceus is sometimes mistakenly used as a symbol of medicine and/or medical practice, especially in North America because of widespread confusion with the traditional medical symbol, the rod of Asclepius, which has only a single snake and no wings.”

There is also discussion about the the winged two snake caduceus as being the staff of Mercury.  Mercury rules commerce and negotiation which is neptuna fish funny, considering what western medicine has turned into.

Also the hydra had nine heads.  Herakles destroyed the eight mortal heads and hid the ninth immortal head under a rock.  I’m back to it is what it is.  Whew!!!

Ah… I didn’t realize there was a difference between A.’s rod and the caduceus. Thanks :)

• Liz in PA says:

It makes sense that our for-profit healthcare industry would use a symbol related to commerce rather than the correct on for medicine.

It seems like you’ve made good use of your Chironic chart, Shawn. Thank you for reading.

• Shawn says:

Hi Michelle and to Billow as well…I can honestly say that this aspect in my chart as well as my Venus in direct opposition to Saturn in wide conjunction to both my Nodes (5th house South node in 10 Gemini, North Node in Sag in the 11th,) have been the very pain that forced me to look within. In looking for the wound that never seems to heal, no matter what(!) I became a Nurse as well…but I favoured Holistic Medicine and therefore left allopathic medicine because I actually agree with Hipocrates when he said, “First, do no harm!”  So many broken love affairs led me to be a great counsellor to the love lorn, so many chronic conditions of my own health led me to become an advocate of Holistic Medicine long before most even heard of it. I also used the gifts of this, psychism and insight, to help with the constant sorrow which led to Psychology and Metaphysics. However, let me just say…KNOWLEDGE is POWER but the wounds still exists, they still come back to bite me when I least expect it and even though one can be the greatest healer, the wisest guru for others…it is being that for MYSELF which has been my greatest challenge to this day! Never be fooled that it can just “go away” because it doesnt but it can “transform” to a lesser degree. The Caduses is a constant symbol in my dreams and sometimes I feel haunted by it. I think Chiron has alot to answer for, that Centaur is running my life! But when all is said and done (is it ever?) I just hope I made the grade, passed the test, go back to the Spirit world with what I came here to learn and do! I can only hope…

• Shawn says:

Ps. Coming through my Chiron Return was no picnic either at age 50! I had a lover from long ago die and his spirit came back to tell me, not only that he passed away but that he loved me all his life! It was a shocking and heartbreaking experience to find people who knew him (I was not in touch with any of them for many, many years) and about us from 30 years before and see that this message from him was in fact true. Talk about soul mates! I am currently writing a book about it all and have been for the past 6 years. I suffered untold upsets with it all while becoming more open psychically, mediumistically then ever before! It was a true Chironic experience of the highest degree. I was shown the astral plane, Summerland (where spirit reside) and so many beautiful messages from him from there. This was probably the true “point” of my whole life, to give to those who mourn, hurt, hunger for knowledge and what happens after our death, to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that Love Never Dies.

Wow, this is a popular aspect you made here, I can’t even track my last comment lol :p

Totally understand for your time, you’re 10 years busier than me ^^

It doesn’t mean that those negative description didn’t aspect me at all because funny, those things are like trying crawl me inside but I just have a knack/substance to ward the hassles away.

Like…I encounter beauty issue everyday! Inner beauty vs. outer beauty, skin deep vs. superficial, display art vs. emotional piece, etc I’m an artist for sake :3
    The issue became too often until I’m like meh..I’m who I am, I wear what I like, I trust my instinct in how I carry myself

the trine makes the beauty issue kind of light hearted, ironic and funny, without personal grudge

Like Gaga and her clothes :)

I just have a knack/substance to ward the hassles away.

I like that … and I like, “without personal grudge.”

Perhaps the difference between the trine and the square is how much you let it get to you.

Good explain on the square  “let it get to you”.  It makes it so resolvable.

Thanks :) Glad you liked it.

I almost wanted to avoid this post because I can certainly relate to many of the issues expressed. I have Venus in Libra (3H) opposite Chiron in Aries (9H). Just reading this post stung a bit. I think this is a pretty crappy aspect to have, frankly. I wish I could give it back. Is there an aspect exchange desk somewhere? Can I at least lodge a formal complaint or something? lol

I had some questions about how the opposition may play out. It is my limited understanding that the opposition an aspect that shows up thru relationships, whereas the square is more of an internal struggle. I feel like I relate a bit more to the delineations that focus on internal feelings, though. I don’t know what I’m saying. lol

OMG, lol… I love this. This makes me want to actually create an “Aspect Exchange Forum” or “Official Natal Chart Complaint Desk.”
      You must experience some of the positives too. You are probably fantastic at diplomatic delegation.

I’m often not a very effective judge of my strengths, so I don’t feel I can answer that.

But the “Aspect Exchange Forum” or “Official Natal Chart Complaint Desk” sound like great ideas! lol

Link to the book: http://www.amazon.com/Greek-Myths-Complete-Robert-Graves/dp/0140171991/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1311341485&sr=8-1

And I have mega gratitude for you, Miss Thang ;)

MsFullroller, you like all the music I listened to back in the day – I’m a bit older than you. :)

Kinda off subject, but do you by any chance remember this one?  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLrd91NhTLs

I “dated” one of the guys in this band for about a year (speaking of Chiron/Venus), right after this song became a hit.  At least I think it was a hit – what do I know, I was so young at the time.  I was shocked to find it on YouTube . . . so many memories.  Transiting Mercury through my 12th is currently conjunct natal Persephone – hahaha!

Wow, I haven’t heard that one in decades!

Yeah Sis, I loved the all the old school stuff when I was a tot. Mom says I would crawl in front of the stereo hi-fi record player (I know you remember those) and bop in to the music. lol

I remember. :)

19. David5379 says:

grand trine with venus-chiron-north node? apparently i have one…

• Helms2005 says:

I also have a grand trine—Sun/Venus,Chiron and Neptune, in the 10th,6th,and 2nd. Venus/Chiron themes,with the Sun and Neptune thrown in,are key to my entire outlook,psychology,and way of being.

What do you do for a living?

20. Zodiacal_macaw_1210 says:

I have Venus at 5° 04′ Scorpio square Chiron at 9° 18′ Leo. What makes the article not only pluck that string but have the string harmonize and resonate loudly is that my Chiron is in retrograde; Chiron is in the 8th House while Venus is in the 10th House so I’m especially hyper-sensitive to other people’s opinions of me along with the harmony and balance in all my relationships. Being that my Chiron is in the 8th House, I’m sensitive on the topic of money and how to manage it but I’m also vulnerable to the emotional side of it. With Venus in the 10th House, this aspect will show itself publicly.

I remember when I wrote my first blog on Venus being the focal point of a T-square, I wrote some of the same things that you’ve said here. I guess great minds think alike, ey Michelle :)

21. Zodiacal_macaw_1210 says:

Here’s a song that, for me, expresses this aspect. Mind you that in my chart, Venus is the focal point of a T-square involving Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius. This song, I feel, expresses each sign – Leo being dramatic, Scorpio being emotional and Aquarius being cold and alienated. Enjoy :)

Here’s another one of my old school favorites from an artist that I’ve heard some of his later music and loved as well. Wow, after 30+ years I am just now finding out that he’s white…not that it matters, the “brotha” got soul and style. Apparently I’m not the only one.  Enjoy another trip down memory lane.

• Liz in PA says:

Love the link  - thanks.  I’m just finding out too from you.

23. billow says:

Sensitivity to peace and harmony is very basic and also a good survival tool.   And I still find annoying folks who try to buy me.   The ugliness, hurt feelings, and art connected to self worth, are things this old gray mare has had to move through and beyond.  It’s weird to get over that stuff because as I moved beyond, I would think to myself oh, I used to respond like this or that to this situation.

Chiron opp Uranus.  Uranus squares venus.  Venus squares neptune.  It’s all been a big hairy neptuna fish head mess.

Oh crap I have that energy set wrong.  Believe it or not I drempt about my error gone by.  Why do I unconsciously store such things.  Merc rx in Virgo?  I hope not.  I’ll be emaciated by errors for three weeks.

Chiron opp Uranus.  Uranus square neptune.  Neptune square venus.

I misread “emaciated” as emancipated. Can errors be emancipating?

24. Liz in PA says:

Venus 7 Pisces conjunct Chiron 12 Pisces conjunct Ascendant 13 Pisces.  I definitely seek out peaceful and harmonious environments, people, and relationships – the early years were anything but that.  I am drawn to art and I love to express my creativity but not hung up on beauty or my social standing – take me or, please, leave me.  Rejection and pain, some very early and important issues.  An aspect in my chart that I’d think is associated with this – Eris conjunct my Sun.

According to Philip Sedgwick, Eris types actually take social rejection very personally. Here is one of his articles called Don’t Snub Eris.

25. Micheline says:

I have so many contacts with my chiron.  Phew!!!  I have my natal scorpio in venus which is at 14 degree exactly trine my chiron in pisces which is also at 14d.  My natal venus is conjunct my ic and my natal chiron is right on the 8th house cusp.

How have those connections expressed themselves in your life?

mich i am just wondering… does hving chiron in taurus 1st gives the same efect of this aspect?

There would be some similarities.

i have conjunct both cancer 10th house.

How has it been for you?

28. Nisha Moon says:

This was very interesting. I am an astrologer and am always looking to see other astrologers views on aspects. This lesson has been my most challenging and I am at a time and space in my life where these issues are crying out to be  healed and focused on at the moment. You provided me with many “ah ha” moments that I needed to finally “tie” in all of the powerful imaginary of the wounds present in Chiron conjunct venus. Very spot on! I have Chiron in pisces conjunct Venus in pisces opposing Uranus. So, this is an interesting aspect indeed.

Namaste!

Nisha Moon

29. Lilmoon says:

Attachment to beauty, yes. At least when it comes to myself and untill about 18 years old, I felt myself like ugly-duckling. I felt myself somehow malformed.. But since then I started spotting beautifull things in me by which I started building my self-esteem. Oh, btw, I have chiron in cancer in 11th and venus in cap in 5th. I’m already doing pretty well accepting myself as I am and oh, how much I want to be loved genuinely from the outside and especially from the inside! I recently was told by my crush how she (I’m bi) could never fall for a girl who’s girly, wears make up and is talkactive. So she basically described me! That hurt a lot especially when I had done so much work to value myself as I am and found out how I am and then I hear how that is all wrong.. And I’m a wonderfull loving person! Why can’t she see that? Oh well, there must be somebody much better for me then! Who loves me for real…

I though admit that being attractive and wanted from the outside is a big thing for me. I want to be lusted. And I’m almost perfect but.. I have this stupid stupid terrible rash! >:/

Trying to meet outside approval is pretty much always a losing battle. It definitely hurts when the one you’re trying to impress either offhandedly, or purposely, lets you know it’s not working. Any self-improvement you choose to make, make sure that you are doing it for yourself – especially with your Venus in the 5th and Chiron in the 11th (disapproval from the crowd might dampen your enthusiasm for self-expression).

30. mercury says:

I have Venus in Taurus conjunct Chiron, intracepted in the 9th house. Chiron is also conjunct my MC and a foot of Pluto/Neptune yod, exact. Venus doesn’t make any other aspects. She rules the biggest part of my chart. I have been through so much pain in love and relationships that it has really become the major theme in my life. I am 30 now and still believe in love. I am still perfectly capable of naive childlike love so I get hurt every time in most various possible ways. You name it – I felt it. I know I could give up on true love and settle for something less but I don’t want to. I believe love makes the world go round, can save it and all that. Like reeeeally honestly believe that :)

People loe to be around me, they tell me I have a soothing presence, beautiful energy and all love my voice. They would listen and do anything I say so I don’t really talk much. It is bizzare how they always come to me for love and realtionship advice, I hate it and I don’t understand why, they know I have no success in relationships. I think it all might have to do with this conjunction.

What I would like to know is is it the wound that really never heals? Or is there any chance to be loved later in life?
    If anyone knows anything about this I would appreciate it.

31. Regina says:

You are like an astral therapist. I can relate to so much of this even though my conjunction in 7 degrees apart and I have the north node in between. What do you think this means, by the way? Having the NN right there? All this is in my 8th House in Gemini.

Million thanks.

Sounds like you need to delve into some deep communication about love that brings up uncomfortable feelings.

32. A says:

Venus in Leo, 8th house
    Chiron in Leo, 8th house
    conjunction exact, 0-1 degrees
    Saturn in Aquarius, 2nd house
    opposition around 5 degrees

I’ve struggled with self-worth HUGELY. Still fail at convincing myself that I’m as good as anyone else. I am hypersensitive. Sometimes I can manage it, but it all comes apart at night time. I have been called ugly and my looks have been compared to other women. It’s a different story for women, as society dictates 90 percent of our worth is in the way our face, hair, body looks. Have had awful relationships, which I take the blame for, where the guy made me feel even worse about myself. Even the physical aspects of the relationships were often bad too. It has left a nasty scar on my self-esteem but I am trying to repair it best I can. I always reassure people of their worth and other women of their beauty, even though I have difficulty acknowledging my own. I think I look okay, but to call myself “beautiful” feels so wrong and egotistical to me. Not that I feel like everyone should feel this way, but this is how I feel regarding myself. Thanks for this article.

Thank you for reading, A.

33. Mary says:

Hi. I can relate to this aspect. i have chiron in my seventh house which is ruled by taurus (im scorpio rising) i have lots of self esteem issues even at my age of 27. I have dieted all my life. Even if i reach my goals i never feel satisfied. i think i feel much worse this time coz of my Saturn return this year. i have four planets in my Scorpio ascendant in this order – saturn mercury uranus and venus. My relationship issues all involve money which brings alot of conflict and suffering. Thanks on the tips on how to heal i’ll start practising them.

34. Libra says:

Perfectly correct, I have Pluto+Venus+Uranus / opps. to Chiron. :(( This article is perceftly true for me. Incredible.

1. chiron trine venus | Summin in the stars.. -

[...] Painful relationships with women. Relationships with women in which sexual competitiveness, envy and jealousy dominate. Inability to tap into your powers of attraction. Learning about the Law of Attraction. Overcoming fears of being alluring and seductive. Learning to flirt. Learning to enjoy the pleasurable side of life. [...]