Neptune/Midheaven Aspects

head in the clouds

“Upon Pondering” by Brooke Shaden via brookeshaden.com

Head in the clouds. Wandering around, dazed and confused. Well-known potheads. Lack of career direction. Wanting a career that is glamorous and frees you from everyday responsibilities. Dreams of being an actor. Wanting the kind of position in society that will free you from domestic life. Wanting to merge with your public identity. Wanting to become whatever people think you are. Inability to accurately assess your achievements. The American Dream. Wanting to live out The American Dream. Believing that you can be anything you want – you even can be president if you want to. People consistently misinterpret who you really are. You project out a cloud that obscures the real you. People project their image of who they think you are onto your public identity. You have public magnetism. You have something special that people can’t quite put their finger on. You capture the public’s imagination. You may be a blank canvas upon which people cast their idealizations and imaginings – positively or negatively.

Disillusion with the outer world. Disillusion when you realize that things aren’t ideal and that dreaming isn’t enough. Frustration through feeling that people never see who you are, and only what they want to see. Being confused about how you fit into the rest of society, especially with regard to your status and whether or not you could be perceived as a role model. Confusion about your reputation. Not getting the respect or acknowledgment you feel you deserve. Losing your personal identity through public office or fame. When you are in the spotlight, you don’t exist for yourself. Having no real grasp of the way the public perceives you. Being carried along by the tide of public opinion. Having your self washed away by public opinion. Your attempts to create a solid, structured, tangible outer career and identity for yourself only causes them to slip through your fingers faster.

Media moguls. A career that embraces media. A career that embraces images, photography and imagination. A career in dance, refined arts, music or film. Being moved to pursue a career path that serves something other than your own agenda and ego. Selfless career paths. A career in the healing arts. Giving up a ‘real’ career for a more spiritual path. Finding a way to blend your career ambitions with a desire to help others. Letting yourself drift along, aimless, dreaming and without distinct ambition.

Relationships with bosses and superiors are muddled and confusing. Shady dealings. Your gullibility can be a liability in your professional life. Sometimes you are clueless when it comes to achieving your dreams. You are willing to take risks because you are naive and you don’t know what you’re getting yourself into. People in positions of authority find it easy to take advantage of you. Because you never see how you are perceived by the public, you never quite know what your status is, or whether or not people respect you. People may think you are whiny and pathetic rather than competent and dutiful. People may misinterpret you personality as being sweet and nice when it isn’t. People may underestimate your tenacity and toughness. Being involved in shady careers can lead to your downfall. Your reputation may suffer if your career motives are purely selfish. You may feel that you have to give up an awful lot to have a successful career.

Having parents who are perceived as being underdogs. Feeling badly for one or both of your parents. Your parents mayb have been poor and received charity and other help; or, your parents were in a position to give out charity and help others. Your family’s reputation is shady or shrouded in mystery. Your family’s reputation is that you are compassionate, kind-hearted and giving. Your parents could seem glamorous to you and you might idealize them – especially your mother. One of your parents might have suffered the loss of position, status or reputation. One of your parents may have had confusing relationships with bosses and superiors that were shrouded in mystery. Your mother gave up her dreams of a career or sacrificed her home and family for the sake of her career. Your mother might have abandoned her family. Your mother desired to escape from domestic life. Your parents were artistic, musical and imaginative. Your parents were extremely sensitive.

Planets in aspect to the MC, or midheaven, are also always in aspect to the IC. Posts are split up between MC and IC to show the different point of view that each of the angles brings to the natal chart. To learn about the flipside of Neptune/MC, read Neptune/IC Aspects.

People with Neptune/MC aspects

• Rupert Murdoch: Neptune 3 Virgo 59' Rx conjunct MC 10 Virgo 29'
  • Michael Bloomberg: Neptune 29 Virgo 21' Rx opposite MC 8 Aries 45'
  • Oprah Winfrey: Neptune 26 Libra 04' Rx conjunct MC 17 Libra 25'
  • Ted Turner: Neptune 22 Virgo 58' conjunct MC 1 Libra 04'
  • Meg Ryan: Neptune 11 Scorpio 38' conjunct MC 11 Scorpio 36' (and Venus 11 Scorpio 32')
  • Lewis Carroll (author of Alice in Wonderland): Neptune 25 Capricorn 07' trine MC 1 Libra 59'
  • Gustav Holst: Neptune 00 Taurus 13' Rx biquintile MC 6 Sagittarius 11'
  • Clint Eastwood: Neptune 00 Virgo 54' conjunct MC 27 Leo 59'
  • David Beckham: Neptune 11 Sagittarius 12' Rx semisquare MC 26 Capricorn 34'

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Working on it!

95 Responses to “Neptune/Midheaven Aspects”

1. Heather00 says:

Very true for me, I have pisces asc, with neptune conjunct my sag mc (6 degrees).  My father had a terrible reputation and despite my hard work and keeping my nose clean have inherited that reputation.  Few people really know me and EVERYONE thinks they know me!  They project a lot on me and I’m often dubbed the liar (natal neptune opposite natal moon 4 degrees).  Also, the drinker…haven’t been a big drinker since I was 21.  My career right now is the fuel industry but on the side and quite hidden from public, I am a practicing astrologer!  I would love to be a psychologist, so this post is right on for me!  Thank you!
    Heather

Thank you for sharing your insights, Heather. It’s hard when people don’t believe you, despite your best efforts.

“Being moved to pursue a career path that serves something other than your own agenda and ego.  Selfless career paths.  A career in the healing arts.  Giving up a ‘real’ career for a more spiritual path.  Finding a way to blend your career ambitions with a desire to help others.”

Neptune biquintiles my MC and is conjunct its ruler, and these descriptions in particular, stood out to me.  Also, when I was much younger I wanted to pursue a career as a dancer.

No one ever sees me accurately, at least not initially – my own husband thought he saw a halo above my head when we first met – hahaha.:)  What usually happens is, they either idealize me way out of proportion (when I was younger, people compared me to a “movie star”), or else equate my kindness with weakness and write me off as being of little consequence.  And I’ve known some pretty shady authority figures, negative Neptunian types I guess you could say, who  have seriously misrepresented themselves.

Oh, and my father had a reputation (not completely negative) related to his alcohol use; he had a ‘larger than life’ public persona which made him very attractive – people used to love to party with him.  For a while, I followed in his footsteps, but to a lesser degree.  Another good one, Michelle!

Neptune at the MC with a strong 5th house could indicate a real partier who gets idealized for it. Just some thoughts :)

A halo, huh?

My ex-bf has the Moon conjunct Neptune conjunct MC. When we first met I thought I saw stars in his eyes.

Maybe your ex had stars in his eyes because he was gazing at you. :)

My 5th house Aquarius Moon trines my MC – I suppose I was a real partier, back in the day.   It seems like such a long time ago.  Now I’m most “known” for my psychic abilities, and not at all for my partying, unless you count the  “Reiki Shares” I host. :)

I like to think so :)

The friends I’ve had with personal planets in the 5th went through some serious party phases.

My last comment (about gambling) was meant for you, not me, only I hit the wrong “Reply” button. :)

I was also a big gambler at one time, winning so much I used to have to claim it on my tax returns.  I once hit 2 Royal Flushes (on 2 consecutive nights), winning almost 10k!  Jupiter is square and parallel my Moon.

Wow and interesting!! Everything I’ve read concerning a Capricorn 5th house is the exact opposite of  what you’ve mention. It gives me hope that maybe I got some good luck. lol

Luck through LOVE given is a higher manifestation of the 5th.  Gambling, not so much. :(

Check out the ruler of your 5th – my Saturn sextiles my 2nd house Venus(and NN/Sun), and trines my 8th house South Node and 12th house Uranus.  But even squares can yield positive results, especially when it comes to what we create through love.  It can still be a joyful house, even with Capricorn involved.  I don’t consider gambling “joyful”, btw.

It does seem like love given in the past is returned to me, though it seems to be delayed, it really does come back tenfold.  And I’m not religious. lol

My 7th house Saturn conjuncts Mercury/Chiron, semi-sextiles 6th house Venus/Mean BML, trines my 3rd house Neptune/SN, opposes 1st house Uranus/Pluto, quincunx my 12th house Moon and squares 10th house Jupiter. Jupiter and Venus are trine and Part of Fortune is in the 5th in Capricorn.

I’m sure it’s joyful when ya win something like that! lol  I “gambled” one time on the quarter slot machine winning $81 on my last quarter out of $10 worth of quarters. I refused to spend (lose) any more than that. You’d thought I’d won a million dollars cuz I was laughing like a hyena. After cashing out, I stood around waiting for hubby (boyfriend at that time) and our mutual friend who was driving to finish playing. They both asked me why was I not playing more with some of my winnings. I told them, “I’d be damned if I was gonna give that $81 right back to ‘em! ;-)

LOL on the “laughing like a hyena”!  I was pretty psyched too, only I still can’t recommend gambling, unless maybe (???) someone’s able to do it like you did.  My big gambling days are long over.  When my elderly grandparents were still alive, they’d go gambling every month or so, as a form of entertainment.  They’d play pennies and nickles, never spending more than $20 or $30,  including lunch.  And we can’t forget about Bingo, another beloved 5th house activity.

Seems like you have a whole lot of “serve or suffer” energy in your chart, MsFullroller.  It doesn’t surprise me at all that the love you’ve given has eventually returned to you tenfold.  Unselfish love as the ultimate and most rewarding gamble.  It’s Sunday, what can I say?

‘…Seems like you have a whole lot of “serve or suffer” energy in your chart,..”

Could you and anyone else who’d like to chime in on what “serve or suffer” supposed to look like? The reason I’m asking is that it feels like “serve and suffer” energy where I’ve frequently been left holding the short end of the stick. If I say no where I need to say no, which I’ve not done much of until these recent few years, I’m called selfish.

Serving isn’t the same as enabling and we all have the right to establish healthy boundaries and respect ourselves -  that’s part of the journey.   It’s also part of the journey to learn how to choose wisely and not allow ourselves to be influenced by unhealthy manipulations, or to be drawn into supporting false causes.

For instance, I’m no longer attracted to friends, family or authority figures with a whole lot of self-created personal drama.  Instead, I choose to help those who are unable to help themselves, or those who are willing to take the steps, but need a little additional support.  Even if you’re not religious, remembering the words of the Serenity Prayer might help.  You’re not responsible for fixing the messes other people create for themselves, even if they’d like for you to be.

In a way, this relates back to my Neptune/MC biquintile.  People are often surprised when I refuse to participate in their self-indulgent or self-destructive behaviors, I think because I can initially come across in such a Neptunian (nurturing and gentle) way.  I wasn’t always so good at discerning though; I’ve had to learn.  You’ll get there, MsFullroller! :)

Thank you LB. I’ll definitely be saving this for future reference!

My Capricorn 5th house is ruled by Saturn and Saturn is trine Venus, which rules the 2nd.

I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

Good “luck” on that! :)

‘..No one ever sees me accurately, at least not initially.. or else equate my kindness with weakness and write me off as being of little consequence.

Same here but I do have Neptune quintile the Ascendant so I thought that was it.

I have Neptune septile the Ascendant (and conjunct its ruler), so maybe it is!

Neptune/Ascendant has flavors of that too – for sure.

3. Iago says:

It’s weird to see how neptunian I am. Sometimes I just forget how powerful Neptune/Pisces is on my chart. This post is all about me.

Neptune sextiles my Pisces midheaven. People don’t ever take me seriously, that’s a fact. I doubt anyone ever will, but it’s true that, deep inside, I “believe that I can be anything I want – I even can be president if I want to.”

Incidentally, my mother had a party services agency. She gave up her very prominent banker career when I was born to organise child parties. She sketched all the scenery and decoration, created human-sized sculptures of cartoon characters and such. She used to bring fantasy to life whenever she worked on a party.

As I never had the chance to know her properly, everything I know of her was told to me by people who were close to her. People usually say she was extremely kind and giving, to the point of self-sacrifice. Though I know people tend to exaggerate when they talk of someone they loved, that’s how I see her. For me she’ll always be this kind person, forever shrouded in mystery. I guess fantasy runs in my veins.

What a beautiful, fantastical painting of your mother, Iago.

Neptune/MC does have trouble being taken seriously. I wonder how some of the people on the celebrities list do it.

• atlast says:

It’s hard to be taken seriously with neptune related to MC, right? I have a biquintile and Gemini MC, really, people always think I’m goint to cheat or fool everyone else, but I always have the best intentions – it’s really hard to change their mind about it!

Gemini MC with Neptune does seem like it would get a “sneaky” reputation. When I was a kid one of my teachers accused me of trying to kill a bird. The reality was that it was a baby bird and it couldn’t fly out of the water in a fountain. I had reached down to take it out of the water and my teacher yelled at me. I let go of the bird and by the time my teacher realized her mistake the bird had drowned.

Head in the clouds. Wandering around, dazed
    and confused. Well-known potheads. Lack of career direction. Wanting a
    career that is glamorous and frees you from everyday responsibilities.
    Dreams of being an actor. Wanting the kind of position in society that
    will free you from domestic life. Disillusion with the outer world. Disillusion when you realize that
    things aren’t ideal and that dreaming isn’t enough. Frustration through
    feeling that people never see who you are, and only what they want to
    see. Being confused about how you fit into the rest of society,
    especially with regard to your status and whether or not you could be
    perceived as a role model.
    ***hehehhe er… are you talking about me, mich? hhheheheh lol. i wonder why… i have neptune trine AC. didn’t know this would also be true to me. “Finding a way to blend your career ambitions with a desire to help
    others. Letting yourself drift along, aimless, dreaming and without
    distinct ambition.” –> heheh i got this on my forehead. hahahha “People may misinterpret you personality as being sweet and nice when it isn’t.” –> i always get indecent proposal.”your parents were in a position to give out charity and help others.
    Your family’s reputation is shady or shrouded in mystery. Your family’s
    reputation is that you are compassionate, kind-hearted and giving. Your
    parents could seem glamorous to you and you might idealize them –
    especially your mother.” –> this is true to me.

The “well known potheads” line was something I was going to take out. I couldn’t find accurate birth data for many of them, like Snoop Dogg, Seth Rogen, James Franco and a few others.

Don’t you have planets in the 12th and 6th house too?

• amoureuse says:

6th house is packed. 3 planets ncluding other asteroids. mars, pluto saturn, vertex… my 12th house sign is aries. my AC is aries. i got trine neptune and aries. till now i cant define what i want to have a career.

5. Anthony S. Picco says:

got a t-square myself… sun, mercury, venus, chiron + north node on the mc… uranus on the ic… neptune squaring ‘em all from the 6th… learning to live with a strong neptune in this world can be… ah… tricky? especially with it in the 6th… square to ic, alcoholic mom… square to mc + 6th house placement, art + astrology career, and i lecture about self healing…

How do you get anything practical done, Anthony?

• Anthony S. Picco says:

saturn conj mars in scorpio trining that uranus helps… plus all that mc stuff i have is in capricorn

• Anthony S. Picco says:

and in true neptunian fashion, can you define what “practical” means…? (lol)

6. Robin Joy Dore says:

In tropical astrology I have Neptune Sagittarius 6th H.  square MC Pisces with an orb of -1.36

I know some things that definitely I’m sure of, is that I’m not sure where I “fit in” in society,if I do at all:-), that very few people really “get me” and that I’m in a fog as far as my career direction goes.

Lack of career direction.People consistently misinterpret who you really are.You have something special that people can’t quite put their finger on.Frustration through feeling that people never see who you are, and only what they want to see.Not getting the respect or acknowledgment you feel you deserve.A career that embraces images, photography and imagination. A career in dance, refined arts, music or film.Your parents mayb have been poor and received charity and other help.Your mother desired to escape from domestic life. Your parents were artistic, musical and imaginative. Your parents were extremely sensitive.

“something special that people can’t put their finger on”  .  .  .  Tee hee, it’s not so bad.  I think you will come to find that is a gift.  I actually heard those exact words out of a producer when I was being screen tested on a set.  “She has something,” one says.  The other blew me me off to him with a shrug and said “but what?”  Some just gotta be able to type you.  It’s okay.  Big screen success would have been an unescapable nightmare for me.

It is funny that folks will discuss me in front of my face like I’m not there.

Sounds like that Neptune cloud alright. I guess the good thing about that is, should you choose to, it’s easy to confront folks about it cuz you are right there. Then you get to watch the facial/body language  gymnastics show as they try to deny what’s been said.

Actually, they usually just wanna fight me about it, so I just let it go.  Got tired of defending myself.  But it is a good way to find out where “they” are at.

I just had to go double check my brother’s chart. He has Sun conjunct Neptune, both quincunx the ascendant. My mom and I always talk about him like he’s not there. “I’m right here!” he says. He’s a Sagittarius, he lets you know.

You must be worth it.

I don’t understand …. ?

Sorry about being cryptic.  What I meant was  .  .  .   If your relationship wasn’t worth it o him, he wouldn’t bother speaking up to correct the situation.

In my case, it usually does no good to speak up because the person normally continues the same behavior anyway.    When it’s a continuing habit that I find demeaning, I break off the relationship.

I see. Yes, my brother and I have a good relationship.

7. Robin Joy Dore says:

If  Neptune is square my MC, what aspect would it form to my IC?

• Anthony S. Picco says:

…since IC & MC are always directly opposite each other, they are 180º apart. Since a square is 90º if the MC is getting squared, so is the IC…

• Robin Joy Dore says:

Thank You Anthony:-) ….I kind of feel silly now.

• Anthony S. Picco says:

No sincerely asked question is silly… astrology is so full of angles and numbers and aspects it took me awhile to get it all worked out, and even now the brain short circuits occasionally…

• Robin Joy Dore says:

Thank You… that’s very kind of you to say :-)
             I definitely can understand about the brain short circuiting at times…^_^mine does it too.

This aspect in showing up in my progressed chart with  progressed Neptune in Scorpio sextile progressed MC in Capricorn. I relate to much of this post too. With a Neptune/Saturn sextile and Neptune/Moon square natally, I would think there are some similarities.

“..People may underestimate your tenacity and toughness..”

All the time and in the recent couple of years I’m really getting a kick out of exploiting this when playing sports.

I, for one, do not underestimate your tenacity and toughness.

Right back atcha! Your comment below (my Mercury retro/Saturn has me at a lost for the word I’m looking for lol) clarified the feeling I had that you had Pluto or Scorpio on an angle. I know better than  underestimate Plutonians.  ;-)

It takes one to know one?

9. billow says:

Neptune sextile MH/Pluto.  The actor comment surprised me.  That was actually my first career focus.  Those were fun and snappy years.  Then all of a sudden I was done, didn’t wanna do it anymore.  At first, oh no what now?  What can I say it was my first real career change.  The transition was invigorating and exciting.  Realized thinking about this that I am at the crossroads of my 4th such change.  It has me thinking about the transitions from one place to the next.  Neptune seems to allow me to flow in and out of these changes, as long as I don’t get hung up on any rocky crags.  And when I’m in, it’s not about getting somewhere or status, it’s just about doing it and liking doing it.  I’m liking Neptune today.  It keeps me flowing?

I like it, billow. “Neptune allows me to flow in and out of these changes”…very nice way to look at it.

10. AriesGirl says:

Yep, i gave up my well-paid,  but selfish career in order to engage in spirituality, healing and helping others… Neptune quinqunx MC, and MC ruler in Pisces conjunct N.Node.

• AriesGirl says:

Yes, although it was a HUGE decision, as I was very good in what i was doing, but it was totally related to my 1st house Virgo South Node (journalism), and I simply outgrow it, and could not continue.  I dont regret it, my life has changed for the better, and yea, i had no other choice anyway with so much Pisces in me (i also have neptune square my sun, lol)

That’s exactly it, isn’t it? At some point you realize that you’ve outgrown the south node path; there’s nothing new.

11. Zodiacal_macaw_1210 says:

I can say with certainty that this aspect is present in my life. I have Neptune (Capricorn) square Midheaven (Libra). Wanting to be an actor is one of my big dreams and it would seem natural, considering Libra is about charm, diplomacy and relations and Capricorn is about status, honors and prestige.

I wouldn’t say that I have no sense of what I want to do in life (that’s my sister). On the contrary, there’s a LOT of career paths I would like to pursue but we only have one life to live and the list that I have is enough to do in more than one lifetime, lol.

I’ll have to admit that I’m EXTREMELY unaware of what my bosses and people of authority think about me. I want to leave a great impression on them and I don’t want to upset them but, as you’ve stated here, that could easily lead me to being manipulated and used. Again, I’m very unaware of what goes on in my professional life.

As for my parents, both are respect and admired by their co-workers and are seen as hard-working and diligent.

I would say very spot-on.

12. Davida says:

Hahaha. Wow. I have Neptune in the 4th conjunct the IC at 2 degrees, in sextile to Pluto forming a YOD to the sun. It also trines Mercury in the 8th, and squares the ASC.

All of what you have said has summed up my entire life and the conflicts I face on a daily basis. People don’t see the real me, but I have an easy time picking up on the “real-ness” (or lack thereof) of other people. Regarding most of the jobs I have worked, I usually never get the respect that I deserve…and people seem to think I am completely incompetent, until someone sees “potential” in me. Then I blow everyone out of the water with how intelligent I really am, and the presence of invisible “balls” so to speak (not a pushover).

My mom sacrificed her home for her career (and for completely narcissistic reasons…she didn’t have to b/c she had my father). I find myself stuck between a rock and a hard place, because I want a career but I want to be there for my child…unlike my mother.  I want to help people, and before I had my baby I was heading to school to be an herbologist but I don’t think that will pay the bills and give the the funds to nourish my child in the way I want to. I am now going to school for Speech Language Pathology…and I am LOVING it!

Very cool, Davida. Where is your north node? (Just curious because of you’re studying speech language pathology).

13. Davida says:

BTW, I love Gustav Holst! He’s one of my favorite composers next to Prokofiev.

Alright! I love that Neptune piece.

14. Iza says:

Love your interpretation. I have neptune in 4 house opposition MC and I’m film critic :) always wanted to be:) additional I’m taurus in asc, in virgo:D .

Very cool, Iza :) Thank you for stopping by.

15. Kirsten says:

7th house sagNeptune quintile PiscMC, opposed geminiMoon in 1st house. Even with my best interest people either takes advantage or doesn’t fully see the real me. And yes, growing up I was extremely shy but feisty.

16. Kirsten says:

Does anybody knows what 7thH CapVenus sextile PisceanMC- means? Both Venus and Neptune is in 7th. Pluto in 5th is Libra scorpio trines sun, moon ascendant, mars, and mercury.

• Kirsten says:

sorry libra pluto no scorpio.

I’ll be getting to Venus/MC aspects in the near future. If you subscribe you’ll get the post as soon as I write it.

17. cathyd0105 says:

Very very true for me.  My Neptune in Scorpio 4th house (conjunct my Sun and Mars) is opposite my MC.  Not to mention Neptune also squares my Leo ASC.  :)

Thank you for reading, cathyd105. You have Neptune in aspect to all the angles – me too!

18. Kay says:

I have Neptune opposition MC (conjunct IC) and constantly feel misunderstood by people and society, unable to fit in, like I am not of this world, not of this time; I constantly feel that the real me is hidden and people usually see something else. I also have Neptune square ASC, it’s in the third house (2 – 3 degrees away from the 4th house cusp) and conjunct Moon in the third house, and South Node which is in the 4th. Career still unclear, I am a rather sensitive and imaginative person, spiritual, with huge antennae, refined, I like symbolism, I like harmony and the ethereal (and love to create such artistic things – music, poetry and stories). I am also attracted to refined and poetic women. I also have Neptune quintile Venus (I am saying this because it seems Neptune is rather powerful and important in my chart). But I feel miserable when it comes to reality and material things, I feel like I will end up as a recluse or someone with no money at all and will die in misery, lost and forgotten. Yet I am so full of love and beauty, a volcano of feelings, and would like to change the world and make it a better place. Maybe a spiritually-related career would suit me best; maybe  meditation courses instructor, I have no idea even though I am not a young boy anymore and am well beyond 25 now…

I feel like I will end up as a recluse or someone with no money at all and will die in misery, lost and forgotten.”

Lol … this sounds like me on a morose day. We could start a club, but then we’d probably forget why we started it.

19. kirsten says:

I have neptunian Sagittarius in 7th quintile piscean mc – sextile both sun and mercury in aquarius—do any of you know what it means?

Yes, I have some ideas but I don’t do individual interpretations on the blog. Thank you for reading, Kirsten.

20. Princess Alice says:

What about a neptune conjunct mercury conjunct MC. and Mc is in 2º capricorn? Neptune and mercury in sagittarius 9th house?

I dont like writing novels or stories either.

I am studying geosciences and one of universities I prob will go there to study is now on a place that was one of those mental ill institution, the old ones with old methods. They still have some people from that institution that lives around in some clinics that have replaced the old big institution.

Can MC indicate place of work?

Thanks!

MC can indicate what you want to be known for or what you gain a reputation for. These MC posts aren’t dealing with career specifically. I don’t do individual aspect delineations within the blog. Neptune at the MC seems like it could have ties to working in a mental institution, especially if Mercury or Gemini are somehow involved, or even the 12th house.

• QN says:

I always got confused between 10th and 6th house in vocational analysis and type of work one does. Which one defines more work?

The 6th house is more about labor, actual work, and also about employment – an occupation that follows a routine and that you do nearly every day. The 10th house is something you aim for, something you strive for, something you set your sights to, and something that requires ambition, drive, and getting out in the world. Does that help at all?

21. Blackempress says:

I have Neptune Conj MC in Saggitarius, I am half-way across my career (Med-grad) but am concerned to the possibilities of this conj! Neptune freaks me. I can relate to the Healing arts/ spiritual pathway & for parents being sensitive & feeling sorry for them too. I am also psychic. My relationships with superior get shady in the background I suppose. My colleagues envy me for all my good qualities & keep strings on the authority against me.
    Wanting a glamorous career is something I’ve longed for & really want people to see me as a role-model too.

Good luck on your path Blackempress. Do you have any planets in the 10th house?

22. Kirsdten says:

7H Neptune quintile Piscean MC. What does it incur?

Possibly the public perception that you are very dreamy and ethereal.

23. Wonder Woman says:

Neptune is in Sagittarius in my 5th house and Trines my Aries Sun, Mercury, Jupiter, and MC in the 9th house, and AC in Leo. I have inclinations for artistry (music, dance, film, and photography-modeling). It’s like my “sanctuary” from my daily routine. I’m seriously thinking about pursuing this as a lucrative career (Saturn in 12th house in Cancer Squares Aries Sun, Mercury, Jupiter, and MC in the 9th house). I feel like if I don’t do this I will fall into the same trap as my mother who seems to be delusional, sacrificed her family in pursuit of a hazy career in network marketing where those in authority have used her up for their gain, and also delusional love affairs. I do not want this reputation.

Is there anything in your 2nd house?

24. Brenton says:

I have Neptune conjunct my Sagittarian midheaven in conjunction with Jupiter there from the 9th house side of my midheaven. I have an early Capricorn sun with a Pisces ascendant. In terms of the parent, my Father is a greedy, selfish and bigoted man (Midheaven and Nadir always speak of our Parents). My mother suffered a lot from him. She hung in there as my father was increadibly wealthy as a Managing Director of a major overseas corporation. Neptune can be a ‘planet of trials’ in its own right just like Uranus, Pluto and Saturn. My father takes great pleasure of belitting all of his three biological children, (My Sister, Brother and I). My father is a solar Libran, with a Capricorn Ascendant and Cancerian moon. He represents all the negative cannotations of this astrological combination. He is bitter, sarcastic, vindictive, manipulative and greedy. It may sound harsh, but it is the truth. He takes great pleasure when crisis beholds any of our lives. My Mother divorced him when I was in my late teens. She has never looked back and feels librated.

Fortunately I have a career that brings me great satisfaction and joy. I’m an elementary/middle school teacher. My father cannot stand to actually see me happy and succeeding. I keep my family ‘visitations’ to my father as a minimum now. I feel free, after years of verbal abuse and emotional bullying/blackmail from my father. My sister, has a Leo midheaven conjunct both her Leo Sun and Jupiter. My sister views my father as an egotistical bully. My brother has a conjunction of Sun/Jupiter/Mercury in Pisces conjunct his Piscean midheaven. My brother has inherited my fathers unpleasant behaviours and my sister and I, find him hard work to deal with.

My father can come across as very charming, friendly and witty. People are often surprised to discover a very manipulative, caustic, selfish and nasty side to his personality. Neptune is excellent at portraying a scene of serenity like a scene you see of a lovely tropical island with azure blue sea’s. However sharks lurk hidden beneath the beautiful waters. This duality is the latent duality of life symbolised by Neptune. My father gives the impression to the wider world of being a serene, jovial and friendly person. However his ‘true’ personality is quite distructive and deadly like the sharks that are hidden between the depths. It has bought benifits into my life, I’m a very good judge of character and incredibly intuitive. I know instinctively how to calm and deal with disturbed people.  I currently live in a remote community where mental illness is rife within the community. I do what I can to help within my community, however the wretchedness of people’s misery I have been equiped to deal with. My father was a nasty and manipulative man. It has equiped me with a lot of inner strength and patience for dealing with challenging behaviours from Adults to children.

I just thought I would share my experience of having a powerful Neptune on the midheaven conjunct Jupiter, my Sun and directly trine my Moon! Which is in Leo, so that sign in the 5th house would connect me to youth work and working with children, which is trine my midheaven!

Thank you so much for sharing this, Brenton. Do you write too?Leo Sun and Jupiter conjunct the Leo Midheaven is apt symbolism for an egotistical bully of a parent.

25. guy geffen says:

I have pisces asc , moon conjunct Neptune conjunct mc in 0 deg Capricorn in 10th house……

moon square sun in 7th house virgo, mars and mercury in 6th in virgo, venus in 29 deg leo in 5th….

to top that I have Saturn square venus in 9th, Uranus in 9th (sag) , pluto and south node in scorpio 8th…

I have had a VERY ruff times learning boundaries, personal and physical, almost impossible to defer intuitions imaginations and premonitions from reality…
    sad shy and overwhelm until bursting in flames, strong need for approval….

cant decide where I want to throw myself into in life, I have so much “potential” but cant stay rooted (Uranus in 9th sag is another signature for it)
    same things about relationships…. and what happens when I do want something? I start fantasize and get obsessed about it until Im losing myself…

trying to be a good helpful friend but end up pushing everyone away with any means necessary…

the emotional sponge is a good way to describe it…everything is so intense….

Thanks for reading, guy. Neptune/Moon/MC is a foggy, foggy placement!

26. nick says:

I have a tight midheaven conjunct neptune. Still confused in what to do
    my reputation is cloudy and foggy, however Im known to be spiritual and artistic and creative.

since I have a conjunction what aspect would neptune make for my IC ?

27. nick says:

an example of my tight neptune conjunct midheaven aspect. Well known spiritual people, well known creative or colorful people. I used to pray for people in my school, was constantly in the word of God and wanted to be an evangelist.

28. Oia says:

Wow! This is scary meaning this is so accurate! I’m having this on my reading list because I have to read it many times. Thank you for this post I’m so grateful to stumble up on you blog. I just can’t believe this!! Amazing!!

Thank you for reading, Oia :) Was there anything in particular that rang true for you?

29. ludwig says:

I have a sesquisquare in Taurus in the tenth house. I may be thrown into areas that I truly imagine or dream I can make.

30. Amoureuse says:

is this the same with neptune/AC aspect? im getting confused with these midheavens… i think im interchanging them

• Amoureuse says:

i cant believe ive forgotten my previous comment. :(

1. Neptune/IC Aspects | Neptune 4th house | Neptune opposite MidheavenAstroFix -

[...] Neptune/Midheaven Aspects [...]