Mars/Uranus Aspects

two men with electricity shooting out eyesDisruptive force. Sporadic action. Eccentric actions. Klutzes. Independent actions. Independent force. Rebellious actions. Rebellious energy. Controversial assertions. The courage to act independently. The courage to do your own thing. Shocking anger. Shocking violence. Unpredictable angry outbursts. Reckless. Irresponsible. Accident prone. Unconventional desires. Daredevils. Thrill seekers. Extreme sports. Obnoxious behavior. Spastic. Quick actions. Instant action. Instant force. Sudden actions. Emergency workers. Crazy energy. Exciting energy. Sexual excitement. Needing exciting sex. Needing physical excitement. Needing to feel electric attraction. Electric energy. Electric sexuality. Nervous energy. Jittery.

Technical ability. Unpredictable actions. Contrariness. Doing the opposite of whatever it is you’re supposed to be doing, even if it’s not in your own best interest. Doing the opposite because following orders is intolerable. Having the courage to go your own way. Asserting your individuality. Fighting the status quo. Extreme selfishness. Acting without approval. Leading the rebellion. Fighting on behalf of the underdog. Actions that provoke others. Fighting for independence. The ability to act outside of what society expects. Acting like a weirdo. Bizarre behavior. Restless. Fidgety. Inability to sit still. Easily bored. Needing new and exciting experiences constantly.

Refusing to submit to authority figures. Refusing to do anything that you don’t want to do. Insubordinate. Punk. The ability to make quick decisions. No hesitation. Decisive. Feeling sexually excited by computers and technology. Getting a hard on for technology. Independent to the point of being unable to cooperate. Ornery. Anarchists.

SidVicious

Sid Vicious of the Sex Pistols. Mars at 3 Cancer 50' semisextile Uranus at 3 Leo 16'. Click the photo to view his chart.

Eccentrics. Actively breaking the rules. Demanding personal freedom. Willful actions. Self-willed. Inability to let another’s opinions influence what you choose to do. Genius energy. Genius in action. Technological leader. Staying at the front of technological advances. Fringe activities. Counter-culture. Competitive in technological fields. Extreme competitions. Unusual competitions. Competing for individual freedom. The impulse to do the opposite. The impulse to resist attachments and commitments. Original actions. Exciting adventures. Unfeeling actions. Acting like you don’t care. Aloof. Abrupt movements. Humanitarian actions. Acting on behalf of the group. Maintaining your individuality within a group. Refusing to merge with others. Inventive leadership. Acting on intuition. Acting on sudden insights. Suddenly knowing exactly what to do, and then doing it. Active reform. Advanced workouts. High energy exercise programs. Advanced equipment. Callousness. Rebelling without a cause. Separatist tendencies. DIY (Do It Yourself).

People with Mars/Uranus aspects:

• Ron Perlman (Hellboy): Mars square Uranus
  • Brad Pitt: Mars trine Uranus
  • John Lennon: Mars trine Uranus
  • Jim Morrison: Mars conjunct Uranus
  • Milla Jovovich: Mars sesquiquadrate Uranus

84 Responses to “Mars/Uranus Aspects”

I have the trine :D Mars in Cancer trine Uranus in Scorpio.

• MB224 says:

We have a great deal in common Michelle. I have a very tight square between these two, Mars in Cancer (12th), Uranus in Libra.

That Saturn in my chart is very, very necessary. hahaha  She keeps all these volcanoes in line for the most part.  Plus I have a lot of Venus (1st House conjunct ASC) to smooth things out. lol

• pinstru says:

I have the opposition…mars in cancer with uranus in capricorn…what degree is your mars?

2. Msfullroller says:

I’ve got the quincunx, Mars in Aries quincunx Uranus & Pluto conjunct in Virgo. Mine is kept somewhat in check by Saturn opposing Uranus & Pluto.

“Refusing to do anything that you don’t want to do. ” Damn I seriously need to work on that! lol Though I will say it has been made much easier with these midlife transits. Would having Uranus retrograde make the aspect’s resulting behaviors any different?

I think the ambivalence about refusing to do anything you don’t want to do is because of the quincunx. I’m kind of surprised though with Mars in Aries. What is your Mars like?

• Msfullroller says:

I don’t understand your question. But if you mean how is my Mars aspected in the chart well here are the stats.

Sun conjunct Mars in the 8th
        Mars trine 12th house Leo Moon
        Mars semi-square Gemini MC

I forgot to mention that Uranus & Pluto are in the 1st house conjunct the ascendant, Saturn is opposing from the 7th.

That’s what I meant :)

From what you’ve shared so far, I would think you’d be fiercely independent and strong-willed. Though, I know several people with that Uranus/Pluto in Virgo conjunction opposing Saturn in Pisces and they have a tendency to bend over backwards to please people. They are selfless people to the point of being self-sacrificing. Your Mars/Sun conjunction might help prevent too much of that energy.

• Msfullroller says:

“From what you’ve shared so far, I would think you’d be fiercely independent and strong-willed.”

Yep very much so, but in a behind the scenes way. It’s very hard for a female with this energy to really be who she is which leads to frustration or alienation if you just say f it, I’m gonna be me. But I’m discovering that I have to risk alienation or face death due to health complications from holding all the crap in. I’m in better health at 44 than I was at 24 due to these outer planet transits.

“Though, I know several people with that Uranus/Pluto in Virgo conjunction opposing Saturn in Pisces and they have a tendency to bend over backwards to please people. They are selfless people to the point of being self-sacrificing.”

That scarily and accurately, describes my life up to age 36 or so. It’s been eye opening and heart wrenching to discover when you are down, these same people that you have given so much too basically abandon you when you need them, more so when it’s family or those that said they loved you. But at the same time demanding that you be there for them because it’s what you are “supposed” to do.

The people I know also had major awakenings in their late 30s and early 40s. They finally started to put their own needs first occasionally, and they’ve become much healthier because of it.

3. Totefee says:

I got the square: Mars square Uranus.

Sometimes my angry outbursts come out of random. Sometimes one thing might not make me angry one day but the same thing might piss me off a week later. let’s take traffic… sometimes it can be bad and I’m alright, but othertimes it just pisses me off.

Traffic is a Mars/Uranus trigger. Do you notice what is different when you’re not pissed off? Why some times are more annoying than others?

• Shannon says:

I have the square too, and I am *exactly* like this about traffic. Sometimes city driving is my favorite thing to do, and sometimes I feel like I’m two steps from being that guy getting out of the car with a baseball bat.

(That was a common event in Miami, anyway.)

I guess that’s the unpredictability of Uranus.

• Msfullroller says:

Do you remember the old Atari game Spy Hunter? (I think that’s the name) Anyway, one of the weapons on the car was spikes or spirals that came out of the wheels where you could cut the other car’s wheels off when you passed by thereby eliminating it. Yeah, there have been times while in traffic that I seriously wished I that option on my car.

I wish I had a LED display so I could type out everything I’m thinking and have it flash in bright red lights.

• Shannon says:

I just played a lot of Grand Theft Auto. It was pretty therapeutic.

4. Shannon says:

I sent this to my husband, who read it back to me with great glee as he pointed out my particularly strong areas.

Emergency workers. Yep, that’s you. Nervous energy. Jittery. Technical ability. Unpredictable actions. Contrariness. That’s you too. Doing the opposite of whatever it is you’re supposed to be doing, even if it’s not in your own best interest. Doing the opposite because following orders is intolerable. Hahahaha.”

I pointed out the genius part, and he likened it to the “acting like a weirdo” part. Heh.

Lol :D

Happy belated birthday!

• Shannon says:

Thanks!

5. JChiron says:

I didn’t even know I had this aspect, I have Mars Semi Square Uranus in a one degree orb haha! I’m curious as to how I project it considering that Uranus is in the 12th house and Mars in the 10th. I would think that I don’t realize how erractic, rebellious I come off as, but others around me see it loud in clear. I’ve been told that I can seem aloof or intimidating. I don’t mind following orders so long as they make sense to me, but if I think the rules are stupid or others are simply trying to exert their will on me or play power games, then I become angry and rebel.

I act on sudden insights and intuition all the time now. Which may be also because of Uranus moving through the 3rd as you asked about earlier.

I have to read you Mars-Venus post again since I have that semi-sqaure too. Always learning something new :)

I think you summed it up about right- that other people are probably well-acquainted with your Uranian side while it remains mysterious to you.

You have so many close Uranus contacts- it’s quite cool :)

6. paloma says:

hi! i have leo mars conjunct leo uranus conjunct leo venus! Fiercely independently minded, hate to be micromanaged, or told ‘that;s not possible’… for a female, it has been hard, especially as i am a 12H cancer sun & 4h scorpio moon. Confuses people to no end. i love your articles. The one on venus/uranus was spot on too! thanks much!

Thanks Paloma :) Uranus in Leo is a very strong willed combination- pretty darn stubborn- and determined individualists.

7. visions says:

i have mars trine uranus and mars trine jupiter :D i feel just like a demigod and i can with this awesome aspect !

• visions says:

just read those lines of this aspect and you can immediatly feel that it’s an amazing aspect to have, one day a frient told me hey you are staying cool but we can feel that you are able at any moment to make an unpredictable move that probably make you shine and impress other people, but the fact you remain cool increase your shining even more because we can feel the power inside you, and like Chestov say ” Those know how to act can stay in inaction”. I wait for mars trine jupiter because it’s one of the most beautiful aspect to have in a birthchart. Mars is the planet i like the most and it’s the most important thing i look after the moon and the 4rth house in a natal chart. First your emotions, your roots, secondly how you use your energy and where do you direct your energy.

That’s an interesting course to take. Every astrologer seems drawn to a different path through the chart. I like this. I do view the 4th house as a kind of resting place for the soul- that’s lofty! It is what it is :D

8. firetiger says:

mars in aquarius! yaya theres a semi sextile w/ uranus ~~ anyway i relate with a lot of the above keywords but i also think it’s a combo of moon/uranus opposition

:D

hope you’re doing well xoxox

I think there are some overlaps between the Moon/Uranus and Mars/Uranus aspects. The Mars aspects are more about intentional, conscious action while the Moon aspect are more about unintentional, unconscious behavior.

I’m well :D How have you been? Are you in the States?

• firetiger says:

yea definitely~ the moon/uranus is def a SURPRISE!

i’m doing well too~ will be visiting cali in January.. so excited. Korea is soooo cold in the winter i am really looking forward to the beach!!

The beach…ah…how I would love to go to the beach.

9. zodiacts says:

I have an exact conjunction in Leo. Frequently referred to as an ‘original’ People definitely view me as an out there, odd egg, but I’ve also got Venus thrown into the mix: I’m not oblivious to other’s feelings. Definitely not sexually excited by computers.

Definitely not sexually excited by computers.
      Do you have any planets in Aquarius?

Thank you for reading zodiacts.

I just visited your website- very interesting books for kids!

• zodiacts says:

Thanks for taking the time to look. Gemini Jamboree is about ready to roll as well.
        In response to your question, I have the Moon at 27 Aqua, must say, shockingly I am not feeling the Neptune transit at all. But why do you ask? I thought if anyone got turned on by computers it’s Aqua folks?

It doesn’t have to be actual sexual attraction via computers, but you might experience ..almost a kind of sexual satisfaction from using computers. If you feel more relaxed after using computers, like you just released some pent up energy, that’s what I mean.

• Brian says:

Hi Michelle, I know this is a shameless plug, but I discovered this awesome blog and saw your post about “books for kids”, so I think you might like the links to these two children’s books that I’ve written. ;). and I have mars sextile uranus with a 0 degree orb. mars at 0 pisces, and uranus at 0 capricorn.  would uranus at an aries point make any difference?

Having Uranus at 00 Capricorn does make a difference. You probably know that the Aries Point marks a point of interaction with the world at large. It’s possible that your Uranian experiences are mirrored by what is happening out in the world at the same time – so, basically those experiences aren’t all about you, they’re all about everybody.

• Brian says:

I also have venus at 0 cancer opposition 0 capricorn uranus, and 1 degree cap saturn. what would these aspects say since they’re all at the aries point degrees? thx

I think I answered this in the remark above. Venus at 00 Cancer might also point to standing for from the crowd because of your appearance.

Haha love the Japanise picture, how about “homosexuality?” in relation to this aspect? :)

I think that Venus/Uranus and Mars/Uranus both show the potential to have desires and attractions that deviate from what is “normal”, however I don’t think that having either one means that you are gay, and I think that what people consider normal changes.

• Joswan says:

NVm.. I read your description over Sid Vicious..and he ought to be perfect if he’s gay (swoon) hehe :)

11. Heidi says:

I’m so glad I found this insightful and humourous blog/author!
    I was quite surprised to see the picture above, because I think I recognised one of the actor inside, it’s from Hong Kong I think?

This article describes me to an electric T. I am sensitive to electricity and static too.
    I have Pisces Mars in first house Square Saggitarius Uranus in the 10th house. I wish I am more graceful, with flowing movements and dainty ways like a swan. But I feel more like a duck. If there’s a hard surface around, my hand will inadvertently connect with it with not too little force. Jerky movements. Restless, erratic and a general klutz. One of my fantasies is to have a green meadow all around me a la Sound of Music, and I jump, run and dance around with no obstructions like a little kid/goat. Whheeee! *bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce*
    People’s favourite words to describe me, “random, unpredictable, weird.” Sigh ._.
    I am 5″ on a hot day when my height expands, aren’t short people supposed to be pixie-like and petite? I feel like a dwarf from Lord of the Rings.

Oh Uranus Conjuncts Saturn exactly in my chart, so I have Saturn added into the mix too. I read that murderers are like to have that aspect. One thing for sure, I am more likely to cut my own self with a knife than someone else.

it’s from Hong Kong I think?
      I don’t know where the photo is from.I like your physical description of your energy very much- thank you for sharing it!Thank you for reading Heidi :)

12. Aphrodite says:

Mars in Aries square Uranus.

That all sounds very much like me!

13. Aphrodite says:

I have Mars in Aries square Uranus.

This sounds very much like me!

:D

Thank you for reading Aprodite.

14. billow says:

No offense. But Uranus tranisitting my natal Mars was way too much. I handled three big projects simultaneously but physically couldn’t move as I was glued to the ceiling. Something about that energy made me real uncomfortable. Took a peak at my bio unit’s charts. Yup, the two oldest sibs. Always leaving a mess to be cleaned up. Whirlwinds take their toll. It’s voltage I am not physically equipped to deal with.

Do you have many Uranus contacts or Aquarian planets in your natal chart? Were there any other transits going on at that time?

Hey Michelle, thanks for the response. This Mars Uranus write has made for a real productive mars square uranus transit. Broke out in a rash just thinking about it. So something had to give.

What I did find on closer examination of my natal setup is that I have something called a sequiquadrate(?) aspect between Mars and Uranus. Unimpeded energy flow Sue Tompkins writes. Saturn is about midpoint so I guess it is a teacher? And my natal Saturn squares natal Pluto, which I’ve heard is rough, but how the heck would I know it’s the only life I know. But Pluto is on my midheaven and that is one tough taskmaster.

Chiron in Aquarius is in opposition to Uranus. Uranus forms a loose square to Neptune. ( I know there is some kind of three degree rule, which I am finding true for transits but not natally. It is one energy packet.) Take me for a ride to fantasy land so you can beat the crap out of me. After all, why would anyone lie about a thing like that? Mistrust, another issue.

Probably the natal Uranus sextile Mercury is what sent me comatose. Brain on overload. I think what you are trying to tell me is that my wiring is uranian. I’m just not all the time comfortable with it. Too much stuff coming in. Some of it just isn’t worth processing.

So if Mars Uranus values freedom above all, it should grant my right to freedom too? So is there room for me on freeway going the speed limit? Cuz the one time I speed, the uniform is waiting. I’ve got limits.

I’m doing the Neptune square Saturn dance now. The fun never ends. This is so helpful thanks to you and the bloggers.

I think that Chiron in Aquarius opposing Uranus may have something to do with your discomfort with Uranian energy. Does Mars aspect Chiron as well?

Why of course.

When a planet is 17′ from the Sun it is cazimi. Cazimi is strong but it only works for planets 17′ from the Sun (not from any of the other planets). An 18 degree aspect is a virgintile. I haven’t worked with them much so I don’t have much insight into what they mean in delineations.
    Here is more about cazimi: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cazimi_%28astrological_aspect%29
    and here is more about all the oddball aspects like virgintiles: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrological_aspect#Vigintile

16. Lili says:

I am very happy with my Mars (Aquarius 4th) trine Uranus (Libra 12th). It makes me feel like I can be alone and work through stuff by myself. While I feel some regret about being a such difficult/rebellious teenage daughter to my parents, in the bigger picture it all pays off. I am a big KLUTZ though.

It makes me feel like I can be alone and work through stuff by myself.
      I agree. There’s definitely a do it yourself attitude with these aspects.

I feel lucky that my mom gave me a lot of freedom- or I might have been a nightmare to deal with.

I break a glass probably every two to three weeks!

• Lili says:

I break a glass probably every two to three weeks!
        - LOL! Me too! I broke a glass last night. I also fall over, get cuts, scrapes and bruises on a regular basis.

Me too. I have a lot of scars.

17. Linda Ahms says:

I’ve Mars in Aries opposite Uranus in Libra. Totally identify with the above. Great post!

I’m glad you could relate. You must be very self-directed with Mars not only opposite Uranus, but also in Aries.

18. Michele Craciun says:

“Refusing to do anything that you don’t want to do.” So do I.
    I have Mars in Gemini quincux Uranus in Capricorn. For me doing what I don’t want to do it’s so irritating. Just like a quincux aspect :P

19. Mert says:

İ have Mars in Gemini 3rd house quincux Uranus In Capricorn 11th…
    ———–Lol @Michele Craciun we have exactly same aspect. )))——

Well i can use all my energy to do eccentric, unprecedented things in my life since i adore it.

Excellent :)

20. Jamaal Rashad Harmon says:

Mars Conjunct Uranus here in Third house,Saggitarius! You damn right I’m a disruptive force, powerful, cosmically universal force.I don’t follow any path but my own. Sometimes, I go out my way just to take a different path. Lets see since birth… I was born into military family and lived on-base, then moved off base. I participated in three different sports each season. I remember I played soccer games with kids my age and the coaches on the other teams thought I was much older since I was much taller ,stronger, and more skilled than the other kids on the team. I rebelled against my teachers all day everyday. When people tell me to do something, I do the exact opposite… lol. 6’4 1/2 African American that played soccer.. instead basketball, even when my father suggested I played basketball. Everyone thinks I’m not a human since I think differently and say the most random things. lol I love it! Now I currently work and live in a Country on the other side of the planet. :P… You gotta love those Mars/Uranus people. We open up paths and make the world a little bit more interesting.

Does rebelling all the time work for you? Do you feel that you get what you want most of the time?

• Jamaal Rashad Harmon says:

Yea. I often do. I tend to stay out of people’s way it’s just when they try to put illogical impressions unto me that makes absolutely no sense. I just rebel instinctively. I’ve done this with religion for example. Even as a kid, someone told me that I must believe in Jesus or I’d go to hell. Made absolutely no damn sense to me. I have a strong Libra Influence. So I’m able to see both sides of a situation and I do handle my dealings with people as diplomatically and sweet as possible.. . Like if someone says… I must do something I don’t want to do.. I simply smile and say. I’m not doing that! .. But most of the time it does work. Considering I’m more action oriented than a talking person.

• MB224 says:

Right with you again bro’.  Mars square Uranus and I remember thinking, at age 10 or 11, “I don’t need to be saved.” haha  That whole nonsense made no sense and offended me.  You say you’re on the other side of the world…looks like Nippon in the background of your shot. Is that where you’re working?

21. billow says:

Well, ain’t this a dandy review down the road a bit.  Get the hell out of my way seems to be the message.  And I am only too happy to do it.  Backroads ho!  : DDDDDD

Pretty much :)

22. MC says:

This is so true. I have a a Uranus Jupiter Sextile in mutual reception Inconjunct my Cancer Mars in the 1st. My Cancer Mars also happens to Conjunct my Asc and Sun in Cancer.

My Sun in Cancer also in turn inconjuncts Uranus. Being that I am a Cancer my IC comes to the fore  (I always say any Cancer Asc/Sun/Moon person should DEF look to the IC to try to find any influences that might mitigate an otherwise good placement). My IC in Virgo is Square Uranus (so it is eerily similar to Moon Square Uranus) , my Mercury in Leo (which is literally the most egotistical undetached sign ever haha) is trine Uranus, my Venus, NN, and Pallas  are in the 11th. Plus my Sun/Asc/Mars all Contra Parallel Uranus as well, and my Jupiter is in Aquarius. Before I started my interest in astrology I always wondered why I was the way I was. I’m an Uber Cancer with a steely Cap Moon but could never understand why I just felt different. I also always wondered why I tended to react in specific ways. Like if I ever got hurt my natural reaction is to just shut off how I feel and bail. Plus I appear like such a sweet Cancer Asc but once someone gets to know me I’m much more distant than they assume. Another thing I never understood being a Cancer I should feel very deeply (which I do BUT only when my emotions are aroused which is a rarity). Like for instance I know I love people and I especially love all people even people I haven’t met. But as far as the ones around me I know I love them (such as family) like mentally, but I don’t actually feel love towards them.

You may need to feel personally involved or threatened in some way to get emotionally motivated.

23. OceanRose says:

Hi Michelle !
    I like very much to read your pages, my question is what does it mean in my natal chart : Mars 28′ in leo ( 12. house ) , Uranus 29′ in scorpio ( at the end the 3 house , almost IC beginning…   IC in scorpio 30′ ) square with each other ?   Uranus is my rulling  planet, and opposition with my MC ( taurus 29 ‘ ) sguare my ascendens, mars, and saturn .  THX so much :)

Well, it means much of what I wrote in the post – you’d be accident-prone, have a lot of nervous energy, be very independent and possibly also eccentric. It might not be obvious to others because Mars is in the 12th. With both planets in fixed signs you might have a tendency to behave in a contrary way even if it’s not in your best interests when you feel slighted or want revenge.

24. Sunnymoon says:

Hi Michelle! Love your blog!! I have my moon in Aquarius, so I can feel very familiar with all type of Uranian energy. Still it also makes me a weirdo magnet at times I beleive…uh…This mars/uranus aspect is very interesting since it describes someone in my life, who actually has cancer mars (12th) opp Cap-Uranus (6th) with a grand cross involving mercury (10th) in aries/moon in Libra (4th)…pretty wild…!! I would love to hear your interpretation on this combination :-) I´m still trying to figure it out hehe.

Hi Sunnymoon,

I don’t do individual interpretations on the blog. Some themes for that aspect include balancing private life with work and learning how to deal with their parents and other authority figures.

25. sweet-scorpion says:

Mars in Cancer 8H opposite my Uranus and my Neptune [the latter is my IC ruler].

So needless to say I have always rebelled in some way against being controlled, being told what to do, especially by my family members… usually only by them. But the fact that Mars trines my Pluto has made me deviant and tricky in the way that I always got what I wanted, most of the time, as a kid. I was just that force of nature that could win over adults with manipulation or a really good argument or just tiring someone into saying yes.

This aspect also makes me accident prone. I’ve broken different body parts 4 or 5 different times. Usually the arms and hands, once the elbow oddly. Never anything else. I can’t balance myself well and refuse to ice skate, roller blade, etc. ever again.

26. Brie says:

I have my 12th house mars in pisces sextile my 10th house Uranus Rx in capricorn. How does this aspect manifest itself?

Hi Brie,

Try to read the article and see if anything resonates with you.

27. Josh says:

I have Mars, Uranus, and Neptune in a stellium conjunct my ASC.; (all within 3 degrees of each other, Mars/Uranus are conjoined), and these three, including the ASC., form a trine with Jupiter. I’m abundant haha, and confused as how to really interpret it.

I’ve noticed that people with Uranus in the 1st house or conjunct the ascendant have a good amount of personal magnetism. Do you have Mars/Uranus/Neptune/Ascendant in Capricorn?

28. buffet of buffets hours says:

Good response in return of this issue with firm arguments and describing everything regarding that.