Sun/Pluto Aspects

woman broke free from prisonWill power. Wanting to have power over others. Wanting to be powerful. Wanting to have the power that others have. Being involved with the government – for better or worse. Wanting a powerful position in the world. Needing to show or prove how powerful you are. Needing to show or prove your intensity of purpose. Powerful creative forces. A compulsive personality. An obsessive personality. Pitting yourself against people who are more powerful than you are. Allying yourself with powerful people. Diving into your own depths. Getting to know your deepest self. Self-regeneration. Self-transformation. Psychoanalysts. Intense self-discovery. Throwing yourself into extreme situations to see what you’re made of. Throwing yourself into crisis to create self-transformation. Grappling with a desire to explore the seedy side of life. Needing to live a life beyond surface expectations. Needing to live a life of depth. Feeling compelled to interact with people who will tear down your ego. Feeling compelled to have someone “rip you a new one” from time to time. Bringing difficult circumstances upon yourself to test your own mettle. Shining a light into the totality of who you are – the dark and the light. Blending and healing the dark with the light and the light with the dark. People who live close to death or deal with dead or dying. People who live close to power. Living in the shadows. People who live on the dark side. Darth Vader.

The Villain. A person who represents everything we hate in ourselves -everything we want to crush, disown, cast out or kill. You draw villainous people to you. You draw powerful personalities to you. You measure yourself against other powerful people. You measure yourself against the worst of society and claim, “I’m nothing like that!” or fear that you are exactly like that underneath it all. Identifying with the villain. Identifying with criminals. Identifying with powerful people. Identifying with the scourge of society. Identifying with healers and shamans. Identifying with your obsessions and compulsions. Identifying with processes of deep cleansing, transformation and rebirth. Feeling empowered by life.

Using power and intimidation to your advantage. Knowing how to intimidate people. Having a powerful presence. Not suffering fools. Deep cleaning your ego. Letting yourself have extreme experiences for the sake of the learning experience. Power mongers. Despots. Polarizing individuals. These are people most people either love or hate. You know how to get under people’s skin. Interrogators. Controlling personalities. Self-destruction. Self-annihilation. Purging. Living in the underworld. Criminals. Shining a light into the underworld. Entering where other people dare not step. Trying to always keep the upper hand in all situations. Hiding your true self. Concealing who you really are. Staying hidden. Keeping yourself shackled. Having good control over yourself. Staying underground and off the radar. Self-obsessed. Paranoid. Obsessed with your own fame or other people’s fame. Obsessed with your own self-expression. Children who are given too much power. Children who control the parents. Powerful pride. Indomitable will. Power games and power struggles. Struggles for dominance. Being abused, or abusing others. Feeling powerless. Feeling overpowered by life. Self-loathing.

Attempting to control the men in your life. Feeling controlled by the men in your life. Experiencing your father as a controlling person. The urge to dominate. Feeling that you are being dominated by others. Feeling that you have no control over your life. Feeling that your life is controlled by others. Feeling that your purpose is out of your hands. Finding deep healing resources within yourself. Finding the capacity to fully and fundamentally transform who you are. People who take part in transforming their generation’s purpose. Regenerating the dead aspects yourself. Recognizing your shadow self rather than casting it on other people.

shark under kayak

People with Sun/Pluto aspects:

• John Lennon: Sun quintile Pluto
  • Maya Angelou: Sun square Pluto
  • Sean Combs (Puff Daddy): Sun semisquare Pluto
  • Tiger Woods: Sun square Pluto
  • James Dean: Sun quincunx Pluto
  • Charlie Sheen: Sun conjunct Pluto
  • Sinéad O'Connor: Sun square Pluto
  • Richard Pryor: Sun trine Pluto
  • Paris Hilton: Sun trine Pluto
  • James Earl Jones (voice of Darth Vader): Sun opposite Pluto

Working on it!

122 Responses to “Sun/Pluto Aspects”

1. Sagittarian says:

This is very interesting. I have a T-square with Pluto as the focal planet. Sun square + Moon Square Pluto, along w/my Sun opposing my Moon. This is the driver of my chart in a very positive, powerful way. However, it’s also a reminder that transformation and change is a stretch and it rarely “feels” good. I think the hard aspects get bad raps as they can be huge catalysts for development if there’s a commitment to managing them.

That’s an intense t-square Sagittarian. It certainly can’t be comfortable. But, it does often seem that the tension of t-squares pushes people into “make or break” scenarios where sometimes they end up manifesting the best possible outcome just to escape the pressure of the configuration (obviously some people go in the exact opposite direction!)

2. Zoa says:

I don’t have an actual Sun-Pluto aspect, but my Sun is in the 8th house, which gives a certain Plutonic-flavor to the person I experience myself to be. I definitively relate to some of these descriptions, especially this one:
    “Blending and healing the dark with the light and the light with the dark”

I very much enjoyed reading it.

Thanks Zoa.

The 8th house Sun does have some things in common with Sun/Pluto aspects.

• nick says:

very true indeed!!, I have a sun sesquiquadrate pluto,, but I had a friend with her sun in the 8th house, very similar things, death,, intense situations, secretive, ,, bringing danger into our lives,, I was amazed of how similar we were, and this is before I knew about sun aspects and houses, astrology etc..

Thank you for reading, Nick.

3. Christine says:

I have Sun in Taurus (7H) opposite Pluto in Scorpio at the end of the first house. I deeply agree with everything written in the first paragraph. One thing that struck me most was the “Throwing yourself into extreme situations to see what you’re made of.” That’s exactly one of the main reasons why I like to hike or run. To me, those things have a lot to do with discipline — learning how to control your breathing, your steps, your water intake. It’s about going beyond “surface-level” biological instincts. You can’t drink too much water or gasp for tons and tons of air, even though your body really needs it. When I ran cross country in high school, one of my favorite things about it was sweating and feeling the soreness in my legs the day after a long run.

I think Sun-Pluto people also really want to feel the impact of their “power” of influence on other people. For me, and I don’t know if it’s a Sun-Pluto thing or a Mercury-Pluto thing, but I think I want to be in control of how people perceive me. Oppositions are challenging and helpful at the same time. I have no problem delving in, seeing the deeper details, but I can also generalize, conceptulize and see the big picture, as is the case with my Mercury-Pluto opposition. I think because my Pluto-Sun is in houses 1 and 7, I often project my paranoia to other people or give other people intentions and motivations they don’t really have. My boyfriend used to say that people don’t usually think that way… that they usually break down their motivations like that. My answer to that has always been: just because they aren’t always aware of them, doesn’t mean that they don’t have them. Kind of a presumptions Plutonic thing to say, maybe. ;)

• Christinetruong1 says:

presumptuous*

I think I want to be in control of how people perceive me.
      Yes…definitely a Pluto thing…I’m thinking it’s even a Pluto/ascendant thing too.

Haha….reading into things… also Plutonic. Assigning motivations where there are none. Something I’ve had to remind myself is that sometimes what you see is exactly what you get, or “Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.” Even Freud could admit that not everything has some underlying meaning.

4. Sarita says:

My lil 5 yr old has Sun-Venus trine Pluto and boy can he be bossy and demanding. He has a certain aura about him. Hope he transforms his generation :-) love that pic, how scary eeeek

Hope he transforms his generation :-)
      I hope he does too :D

love that pic, how scary eeeek
      Isn’t it?!

5. tatiana.larina says:

Oh, how I sometimes wish I were this powerful, demonic Pluto character! But unfortunately only the hiding/concealing part rings true for me.

On another note, my friend gave birth in December to a baby girl with Sun-Mars-Pluto stellium in Capricorn in her 6th house. I guess I’ll want to watch her closely.

Babies and children…I’m so hesitant to try to “find” the connections between their personalities and their charts. My nephew has Pluto right on his ascendant…I’m so curious to see how it manifests, but very reluctant to project anything. Right now, he’s an angel :)

• ladyships says:

I have a Mars-opposite-Pluto-square-Sun T-square with a Saturn-Neptune-Moon-Uranus stellium in Capricorn (6th House). My Sun-square-Pluto is the tightest aspect in my chart (square 0˚08).

I’m a scholarly massage therapist; my twin sister is probably going to be a veterinarian. Although we share essentially the same birthchart, we manifested our charts in surprisingly divergent ways, & I suspect that the Sun-Pluto had a lot to do with it (having two twin Pluto-Sun-Mars girls growing up in the same environment—there’s no way that’s not going to be an issue.)

Anyway. It’s manifested interestingly so far (we’re almost 25 now). Let me know if you wanna ask a question.

Thanks for the offer, ladyships :)

I blame all my intrapersonal badness on my Sun-Mars square Pluto. The part about being compelled to interact with people who tear down my ego is absolutely true because my parents, especially my mother, are just like that. She’ll criticize everything from your five year plans to the way you eat grapefruit, like a cross-examining attorney. Direct half of that back and you are the horribly ungrateful unfeeling cast iron bitch who doesn’t appreciate her wisdom. Not sure cutting her out of my life would solve that problem. I keep many secrets, and people like telling them to me, but I am very boring.

That sounds intense Dreamwr8tr. Do you still live at home?

I am very boring
      Doubt it.

I have square sun in cancer and pluto in libra. some were true to me. before i used to think i will do great things, that i am somebody. now, i realized it is just a feeling, though someone told me that i could be a “world youth leader” because for once politics truamatized me then i just renounced my religion.

i know what you mean about self-destruction and self-annihilation. i do it everytime i paint. now i am relieved that all of my obssession, my “diving into my depth,” working with death, deep cleaning of ego, and that wanting to be powerful goes to my painting. thank god nothing more. i will never work into govt ever. no pilitics for me and no more living at the edge of the knife.

8. Happycappy. says:

I am a Capricorn with Sun and Mercury trine Pluto in Virgo , 8th house Jupiter, moon inconjunct pluto , neptune in scorpio and scorpio South Node and I think your analysis is spot on. Even though Pluto’s influence can be painful at times in the long run it always pays of!

By the way, great site, one of the best I have seen on the web, good articles and really nice pictures,Thx!
    All the best from Holland.

Thank you for the compliments and thank you for reading.

9. visions says:

i have the sun at the end of the 7th cusp in opposition to pluto in 2nd house. i can relate the most of what is said but comments here doesn’t help to understand sun-pluto combination sorry for all t he readers but i like WHEN COMMENTS HELPS(maybe some sun-pluto reaction from me)….i am f**** bored… so here is a HELPFUL list of sun-pluto from experience from sun-pluto people survey:

1. Intense self-awareness, assume others can look through them: hide, need privacy, fear that their identity is under threat;
    2. Survive in any given situation: dominate others so they are not being dominated by them and thus make people feel uneasy;
    3. Compulsion to be the best: sabotage the project if the results are not record-braking;
    4. Become close to those in power or sabotage their authority;
    5. Manipulative: entrap people in a corner from which they can’t escape;
    6. Become a victim by forming relationship with powerful, brutal, dominant people or suffering disablement/ handicap;
    7. Rage, jealousy, violence tuned in on the self (self-sabotage, strong suicidal tendencies);
    8. Desire to overthrow the authority of the father and usurp his position of power—battle of wills/power struggles resulting in punishment and child’s humiliation (can’t succeed later in life risking to incur the rage of a jealous father).

I think your list is excellent, but I’m a little confused by the tone of your first paragraph. There aren’t any rules for comments – so readers are not obligated to provide useful content for other readers.

Adding…
      I especially like #8. In cases of people like Charlie Sheen and Paris Hilton, their power comes from their father’s position in the world. Tiger has his Dad to thank for his success as well.

10. Bob says:

Sun (conjunct Neptune) 10 Scorpio 25′ SEXTILE Pluto (conjunct Moon) 9 Virgo 42′.

(first, can’t help by note that charlie sheen reference in your example list.)

second, can you keep it down just a little? your excellent and thoroughly enjoyable breakdowns of aspects is really putting all my laundry out there.

actually, i’m really enjoying gaining insight into a lot of my own inner activity that previously was a source of much confusion. when one begins to understand one’s own machinations, when what is mostly deep-under is brought to the surface, navigation is made easier.

this seemed particularly poignant:

“Recognizing your shadow self rather than casting it on other people.”

thanks, again; i’m enjoying catching up on all your work here.

really putting all my laundry out there
      Lol…sorry!

“Recognizing your shadow self rather than casting it on other people.”
      I like that one too. Seems especially apt for people with the opposition.

• pinstru says:

“Recognizing you shadow self rather than casting it on other people”

Yep I have the square and I can swear up and down for days that my father is evil, yet I can also easily see aspects of himself in me. It pisses me off to no end (ehhh…sometimes…I’m like him in so many ways that if I was pissed off any longer I’d be denying myself). He has his Sun conjunct Pluto and Uranus in Virgo. My sun is in Virgo, Pluto in Sag.

11. Plutonian Persona says:

Good going (as usual) Michelle! I liked the way in which you have a point/counterpoint structure to your description of this extremely intense combination: you can experience the highest highs or, conversely, the lowest lows. As such, Sun-Pluto aspects can be used to progress or regress one’s self, family, community, or society in the most dramatic ways.

Although my Sun-Pluto conjunction is a weak one (8.75 degrees), I can definitely relate to much of what have said, as well as many of the comments on here, especially concerning self-transformation and living in the shadows. Self-transformation has been my m.o. for my entire life, whether it has been negatively (3 suicide attempts) or positively through my total willpower to face all my fears and cast them out of my life.

One thing that I would add to your description is being abandoned by one’s father or have one’s father be absent a lot. I was abandoned by my father when I was 9 and I have found that a lot of other people with Sun-Pluto hard aspects have similar experiences of having an absentee father.

Thanks as always! :-)

I tend to think of father abandonment issues as being related to Sun/Neptune aspects. Do you have one of those?

Thank you for sharing your experiences Plutonian.

• Plutonian Persona says:

No, I don’t have a Sun/Neptune aspect. However, I am very interested in knowing your (quick) thoughts about why you think Sun/Neptune is associated with father abandonment issues.

Sun/Neptune seems to shows a father who just isn’t around. He may still be alive, but for whatever reason he is either physically, mentally or emotionally absent from the relationship.

Sun/Pluto would seem to point to some kind of forced separation, maybe death, or something more traumatic than Sun/Neptune.

What do you think?

With both parents having Sun/Pluto aspects, I say yes to the forced separation. My mother has the conjunction in Leo. Her father passed away suddenly of heart attack when she was 13, a couple of weeks before Christmas. My father has the sextile with Sun at 28 Taurus, Pluto in Leo at 0 degrees. His mother passed away when he was very little so that meant his father was away from the family a lot. Dad was the 7th of 8 children. He often said that the oldest sibling (sister) was both mom and dad to all of them. I believe he died before Dad was a teenager.

• Plutonian Persona says:

Makes perfect sense to me: Neptunian fog vs. Plutonian trauma. In my particular case, it’s definitely traumatic abandonment: my father simply left without a word and was never heard from again. Imagine this situation on a 9 year old: one day your father is there, the next day he isn’t…that one took a long time to digest.

So, as you infer, maybe the concept is one of semantics: actualities v. severity (or something in that general realm).

Thanks again Michelle, it’s always a pleasure discussing astrological ideas with you! :-)

• Plutonian Persona says:

I was just reading a site about Arabic Parts: mithras93.tripod.com/lessons/lesson6/ Apparently, abandonment is ASC+Neptune-Pluto…a very interesting thought indeed.

That is very interesting. I’m so glad you shared that (the Arabic Part and your personal experience :)

• ladyships says:

I have Sun-square-Pluto & my dad was technically around, but completely emotionally unavailable/incapable of expressing affection.

No aspects between Sun & Neptune, buuut my Moon iiis conjuncting Neptune (0˚59) & Saturn (2˚43).

(Just to complicate things.)

Hai thanks, my transit request. I read it :) I just took the good part since I have pluto trine my sun.
    However, my mercury is badly damaged today (due to bad transit) I have to shut my mouth before I rant negative things lol
    May you always fab Mich :)

I have to shut my mouth before I rant negative things lol
      Lol…that’s usually a good idea :)

• Joswan says:

Aww you mean :( hehe, no it’s like yesterday when Japan got mega tsunami, I was entirely in bad mood and dont know what caused it, until I browse yahoo and found out that we have Supermoon going on http://www.ksby.com/news/super-moons-what-are-they-/
        My moon in Cancer, I must hold my grip from this massive tidal wave! :(

Supermoon, huh? Thank you for sharing the link.

13. Tuscan says:

About sun/neptune : i have the semi square and i had an absent father ( divorced parents and dad living far away) so i agree with Michelle. About sun/pluto i dont have the aspect in my natal but when pluto was on my sun i went through “intense self discovery”.

when pluto was on my sun i went through “intense self discovery”.
      Which house did that transit occur in?

• Tuscan says:

Placidus third house , whole sign 4th. I had to dig down into the patterns of my family.Looks like 4th “intense discovery”to me. I feel much more aware of these patterns today than i was before this transit.

Where’s transiting Pluto in your chart now?

One of the “great” things about transiting Pluto in the 4th is that it forces you to work through family issues. You can’t ignore them or sidestep them and you get to resolve, or at least find a new way of dealing with, a lot of shit.

• Tuscan says:

“…a lot of shit”.This last word sounds very plutonian ;).Yep, a new way IS the only way cause i can work on and resolve my own issues but not those of all my family members.

Thanks a lot for this Michelle!!! As you know I don’t have this aspect but as stated below in another comment, I’m the product of parents with this aspect. However, as you mentioned to someone below, Sun in the 8th echos this aspect. I think my Pluto rising does as well.

This post and Visions comment really has helped me to understand my parents and to understand/heal from my childhood a little a bit more. Transiting Pluto is within 4 degrees of my squaring my Sun as it’s making it’s journey through my 4th. In the last 2-3 weeks I’ve really got the urge/compulsion to start looking more into my parents & childhood issues. That’s when I discovered my Dad’s Sun/Pluto aspect.

Thank you for sharing that Ms. Fullroller. I’ll have to go peak at Chirotic Journal – Jeremy always adds a new dimension to everything he writes about.

15. firetiger says:

Othello’s Iago is still my favorite literary character!~

• firetiger says:

Oh yeah, I have Sun conj Pluto :)

“Diving into your own depths. Getting to know your deepest self. Self-regeneration. Self-transformation. Psychoanalysts. Intense self-discovery. . . Identifying with healers . . . Needing to live a life of depth. . . Feeling that your purpose is out of your hands. Finding deep healing resources within yourself.”

Currently, Solar Arc Pluto is conjunct my natal 2nd house Sun (natal Pluto is conjunct my Ascendant from the 12th), and I relate to all of these descriptions and then some! Sometimes I wonder who I am and where I’ve been hiding all my life – hahaha! The more I use my spiritual/healing gifts, the more easily accessible they become – I seem to draw situations to me that validate the worthiness of this strange new direction.

I’ve also encountered some pretty challenging situations – which is nothing new for me. But lately, I’ve felt a more pressing need to reevaluate the way I react to abuses of power. In retrospect, a lot of my old patterns seem pretty pointlessly willful, like doing the wrong thing for the right reasons. I’m slowly learning how to re-direct and conserve my energies – still speaking up and acting, but hopefully in a more “empowering” way. Sometimes I’m learning the value in just letting go. I’m trying, anyway.

Another post that manages to touch on so many potentials! Good one, Michelle. :)

That seems to be the way when you get on the right path.

Totally unrelated to Sun/Pluto, but I did want to say thanks for including a way for people to donate to help Japan. Very Virgo Rising of you, in a completely good way!

Thanks LB. I hope people actually contribute to the relief effort.

18. P is for Pluto says:

Your list is absolutely on the money. I have the Sun as a focal point of a T-Square involving Pluto and Jupiter. Also Pluto is transiting exactly to my Capricorn Sun as we speak. Also throw in Saturn in Libra squaring my Sun as well and conjunct my natal Pluto.

I’m going through extreme internal rage directed at parents because of childhood abuse and other very traumatic events. Finally learning to transmute all that emotional volatility (4th house Pluto) into activities not involving my self destruction (50 day juice fast, marathon training, daily Bikram yoga). Have even lost 50 pounds to boot. Jupiter has really been an outlet for me to work off all this excess energy through physical activity while allowing me to think quietly. I’ve discovered alternatives to self sabotage through self-transformation. I’m still a BUNDLE of extreme energy right now but thank God I have an outlet or I would be HELL on earth to live with and very depressed. Can’t say this feels great per se and I am still depressed a fair amount of days but……….I am feeling a satisfaction and an appreciation for myself that I’ve never had the pleasure of experiencing until know. Thanks for the list.

Thank you for sharing your experience P is for Pluto.

Which house is Pluto transiting in your chart right now?

• P is for Pluto says:

7th House

19. P is for Pluto says:

Oh yeah….that photo is smokin’ hot and very illustrative of the journey. Kudos

Glad you like it – I liked it.

20. Heidi says:

I have Pluto in Scorpio in a Grand trine My Cancer Sun and Pisces Asc.
    I think it’s supposed to make me have a powerful, magnetic personality but somehow I think I come across as more ditzy than dark.
    Maybe it’s all that water, or the trine isn’t such an obvious driving force than the other aspects.

However I go through intense self-discovery on a daily basis! My favourite hobby is to secretly psychoanalyse people and examine their motives and deepest secrets. I think it comes from a decision to always be brutally honest with myself, and a…certain obses– curiousity with people.
    Self-destruction is good sometimes, if only to discover the patch of tender growing grass beneath the ashes.

I haven’t seen the big configurations (like the Grand trine) manifest with as much intensity when the angles are involved in the configuration. I’ll have to look into that idea more. Is Pluto in close aspect with your Sun and ascendant?

• Heidi says:

Hey Michelle, Pluto is widely trine my sun at 6 deg, but exactly trines my Asc at 0 deg. I think my Plutonic traits are more internalised than externalised. To be honest I have an aversion to showing intensity with people. I can handle people’s intensity/power, but I just don’t like letting them know that side of me. Trust issues, maybe even fear– which I think are kinda Plutonic characteristics too.

Maybe the nature of the trine makes it easier to control Pluto? (if it can even be controlled). I think my traits are like a tap, I can turn it on and off depending on the people and my mood.

Has anyone ever told you that you are “confrontational?”

• Heidi says:

My friends are likely to call me a pushover :D
            There is this friend though whom I tend to get confrontational with…
            On second thoughts, this friend has called me confrontational.

I have Moon in Opposition with Pluto too, if that affects the Pluto/Sun trine.
            Thanks for your taking time to reply Michelle :)

21. Kalista says:

I have Sun conjunct Pluto in Scorpio, but with a rather wide orb of nearly 10 degrees. Does it still count, you think?

Just stumbled upon your blog and will be bookmarking it. Can’t believe I’ve visited so many astro websites already but had never seen yours!

With a conjunction involving the Sun (or Moon) I’d be willing to extend the orb to 10 degrees.

AstroFix is almost a 1 1/2 years old, so it’s still pretty new. How did you get here?

Thank you for reading Kalista.

22. Ree says:

Hi Michelle, I find myself coming back to this blog again and again :)
    What do you think of Sun in Pisces sesquiquadrate Pluto in Scorpio?

Compulsive need to express yourself through feelings, possibly bound up with experiences of self-pity and a need for control – that’s one interpretation.

23. Anna says:

Pluto in first house, conjuct Ascendant, Sun square Pluto…

Am I crazy?

Do you have many Uranus contacts? Pluto might show obsessive tendencies or traits that become extremely intense, but not necessarily craziness.

• Anna says:

Well, there are five aspects with Uranus in my chart. But comparing to other planets Uranus isn’t strong, in fact it’s rather weak.

Do you actually feel that you might be crazy, or is are you just using a figure of speech?

• Anna says:

A figure of speech, of course. I’m sorry if there was a little misunderstanding.

Another intense and fascinating aspect – I have Mercury in the 4th square Pluto in the 1st and I can fully identify with the most things in this great article!

I’ve got a deeply suspicious, mystical, secretive and probing mind with a macabre sense of humor and I’m often tortured by obsessive-compulsive, paranoid thoughts. I’m a very private person and I don’t reveal much about myself right away. Keeping the information secret makes me feel strong and confident. I’m quite distrustful of new people and situations (maybe also due to the Saturn-Pluto conjunction in the first house).

However, even comparatively strange people paradoxically tend to get an initial trust in me and reveal their most hidden secrets, even if I don’t ask them about anything! Sometimes, I have a nearly X-ray insight into other peoples’ feelings and motives. So I love to be their psychologist and help them discover their own mental and emotional depths.

I also tend to “read between the lines” and search for hidden signs and meanings – even if there are none! =) That’s why I can’t fully believe people saying: “Don’t pay attention, these were just some random and senseless words!”.

As a child and even at a more mature age, I enjoyed playing secret agents and creating conspirative plots, and I used to write erotic novels as a teenager. I invented several secret codes in which some of my stories and diary entries were written.

I believe that words are an immense source of power, and can be either intensely healing, transforming and cathartic, or totally destructive, killing and annihilating.

I’m very passionate and fanatical about some of my opinions and often find myself trying to impose my thoughts on people in a subtle way, being impatient and intolerant with some alternative viewpoints… However, I don’t use logic trying to convince people, but just say “Believe me, I KNOW it, so it’s true!”…

When being provoked, I can also get very cruel, ruthless and insulting with my words, because I sense the person’s weakest point and precisely aim at it! I’m trying hard to overcome this awful trait but it seems to be deeply compulsive and powerful in nature …

I feel compelled to touch the taboo topics and dig deeper into matters other people usually try to avoid. I even find some masochistic pleasure in pondering about traumatic events or the darker sides of life again and again.

I often get obsessed with an idea and won’t stop till I get to the very core of it. I can spend hours and days trying to solve some problem I’m deeply interested in, forgetting to communicate, to eat and to sleep. But when it’s done I can completely lose my initial passionate interest!

P.S. – I read the entry of Iago posted above and was astonished by such a coincidence – I’m also totally paranoid about the idea that all the information I share in the Internet could be used against me one day!!!

So I used to go to the forums I’m no longer active in, and tried to delete my account, or to erase my posts, having that paranoid idea that later, people would find exactly those sites, and their knowledge of my own mind would make me powerless and vulnerable…
    For quite I while, I didn’t dare to use avatars showing my own face fearing that I will be detected even more quickly that way!=)

I also destroyed the greater part of the literary works I wrote in my youth for the same reason, or because my appreciation for them turned into hate!

P.P.S. – Oops, I’m sorry but due to some sleep deprivation I somehow managed to open the wrong page and copied my posts into the wrong section! =) I’m definitely under Neptunian fog!

Michelle, please delete two of my previous posts – they belong to the Mercury-Pluto article!

Best greetings from Germany,
    Marina/La Verseau/Weisses Haeschen
    >;)

27. Boris_nervy says:

does it apply for transits as well?? :))

Yes, this post is written to take transits into account.

Hi!…i,m sorry the intrusion…:)  i was reading the influence of the aspects related to the parents…i have a strong moon/neptune(8th house) conjunction and a very wide sun/pluto conjunction(5/6th house)…what can tell you about the parents? thank you…

Hi Anubisa, if you read this article and the Moon/Neptune article you will get some ideas about what those placements mean in relation to your parents. Your question is a bit too complicated too answer in comments.

• Anubisa says:

Yes i guess it is,…… it,s the whole chart theme…i will take a look on your articles.

30. Dr Z says:

Argh!! Surely not Paris Hilton? :-)

Lol…that’s why I included her. Some Sun-Pluto people skip the “deep” part of the aspect and go straight to self-obsessed.

• MysticVirgo67 says:

Hey I am a sun pluto uranus asc ! LOL Try to trump that one!

My boyfriend had Mercury/Venus/Sun/Uranus/Pluto conjunct in the 8th house – is that a trump?

31. Scythe404 says:

Today, someone mentioned “secure envelopes” and I thought of this post!

I like it – especially for someone with the Sun or Pluto in Cancer or Scorpio.

32. Kai says:

I have Sun in Taurus opposite Pluto in Scorpio. This is very unusual because I actually enjoy it when people gang-up on me. I get to feel how powerful I am. Like when my cousins and I play videogames I love the feeling of adversity and opposition  when 3 of them decide to ally against me in bomberman or any other game.

Interesting Kai, thanks for sharing your experience.

33. Kai says:

Sun/Pluto think they’re legends and mythological figures while Sun/Mars think they’re heroes and champions. -.-

Sun/Pluto people are a bit obsessed with themselves. Maybe they’re legends in their own minds :p

• Kai says:

Yeah good thing I have Sun trine Neptune otherwise I’d be totally egotistical… but the pride is still there probably worst than a Leo’s.

• pinstru says:

Yea I can agree…I have a mild God complex for sure…it’s annoying sometimes, but if I didn’t think so highly of myself idk what I’d do

34. fanne says:

Sun in Pisces biquintile Pluto in Scorpio?

35. Ile says:

As always on spot Michelle! Great article! (My Libra Moon wants to please, but I’m honest) :)

I have a story of Pluto square Sun to share.
    This is a very competitive aspect. I have it through my Pluto (alongside with conjunction with Mars) in Scorpio in 4th and Sun in Aquarius in 7th.
    My ex-friend (yes an ‘ex’ friend, we didn’t managed Pluto), has it with Pluto in 8th in Libra (again Scorpio energy), and Sun in Capricorn in 12th. His Mars, also in Libra is very ‘dangerous’ because it is in diurnal placement, in diurnal sign in diurnal chart. And this Mars was in exact conjunction to my Libra Moon at IC (I’ve experienced those Mars very well).
    We started a friendship as a small town neighbors with huge ambitions to become famous singers, which with years turns out in very power-struggle competition. Our fights were like a battle on the field with Randal Wallace.
    I become aware of this issue and tried to turn my Pluto inwardly in order to transform those character traits. (Through Astrology, Psychology and different forms of Spirituality). My friend is still struggling (not that I’m not) with the compulsive desire to gain popularity (power over the mass) in order to ‘show to all who he is’ in its own words. He has a tremendous anger against power figures, and want to put them all under his knees. This is an enormous wasting of energy as always there is someone who is winning before him.
    I guess all these Pluto-Mars-Scorpio issues are a result of some childhood hurt in which the kid is developing a desire for power in order ‘others to feel the pain much more than I am’, or ‘to gain a power in order to protect my vulnerability and have a control over my life and unpredictability of the fate”.

36. Ile says:

And as of the people with Pluto conjunct Sun aspect, in my experience, I found out that this people are more quite than the square people. Like they have more control over the anger, but once challenged it is very powerful volcano. And the people with the opposition are people who often project there competitiveness in the persons around them, especially to their children or spouses.

Interesting insights, Ile :)

37. luiza says:

Michelle, do you mind sending me the images you used to help to write this by email? I’ll pass though a sun-pluto transit soon and I’m very inspirable by images! I would love :)

If you click on the images you can download them to your computer.

38. luiza says:

Me and my cousin have a perfect quintile between my sun and her pluto. When she was born my life turned tottaly upside down, I stoped being the center of attention of my familly, but somehow this made me a more free person. I love her so much, but sometimes she seems like the devil, so intense!

• luiza says:

Hahaha, yeah, what can I do? I’m a cap!

• em says:

i have sun square pluto conjunt moon conjunct ascendant square midheaven, so it makes something like a t-square with moon-pluto-ascendant on the middle. hmm, very true…this aspect has the compulsion to be the best…and has very high standards…really hard on the self….like my friend said im ages away from people my age, but to me, its not enough….this can be big headed during good times, and during bad times, lots of self blame….always not good enough. haha.

• em says:

prone to jealousy…gets really really annoyed when someone’s better than them.

• Luiza says:

true! why can’t we just accept that we will always find people better and worst then we? When we find people better we fight to be as good as. Something really annoying of this aspect, but at last gives us the pressure to be good at stuff!

Yes, the obsession to be the best.

• Ymartinez197 says:

I know i maybe late to comment but i wanted to point out I have a tsquare and pluto is the focal planet. Pluto square saturn aquarius and my asc in leo and satur opps my asc. I definetly feel the struggle here especially because for other i appear standdofish and intimidating to approach. Which i personally dont notice either becuase is not how i want to appear to others even though im not much of a people person lol. I have Sun sextile Pluto so probably that helps i guess even though sextile to me seems like a on and off switch.

Do you find that you are also intimidated by others – especially people in positions of power and authority?

• Ymartinez197 says:

Yes for someone reason i always have this guard up when I’m around authority. I feel like I’m not strong enough or willing enough to be able to compete with them for some reason. I always feel they are psychoanalyzing my every word and just waiting for me to fail.

That sounds very much like your Saturn/Pluto configuration.

39. Eighth House Astrology says:

I love this post. I’m a Scorpio with the Sun conjunct Pluto. This post is *so accurate* especially this line

“Feeling compelled to have someone “rip you a new one” from time to time.”Bout sums up my life :-)

Thanks for reading Eighth House Astrology :)

• MilenaRnB says:

I am also a scorpio sun conjunct pluto in scorpio :) As i heard it`s a rare aspect :) this is true: Recognizing your shadow self rather than casting it on other people.  :)

It’s relatively rare. Pluto spent only 12 years in Scorpio (1983-1995), so only those people born in Scorpio for those 12 years, on a day when the Sun was close to Pluto, would have the Sun conjunct Pluto in Scorpio.

40. Guyslash says:

does the contra parallel count? I have Sun-Pluto Contra P and Moon Pluto conj

I haven’t done much with parallels so I’m not sure how their influence would compare to this description.

41. queenfluff says:

Sun conjunct Pluto exact at 24 (almost cazimi I think I am 2 mins off of the “rules” for this one but I don’t think it matters). Where can I even start?

Bottom line – people are apparently afraid of me. I have a few friends. New friends or romantic interests rarely stay around long. I am really sick of it – no matter how I try – they disappear. I have a Scorpio Rising too. Apparently my chart is powerful – I don’t feel it though. I look like an ethereal with Neptune in the 1st so I can’t see why people are afraid of me. I don’t feel powerful. Not sure what to do.

Hi queenfluff,

I’m guessing the Sun and Pluto are in Scorpio too – are they in the 12th house?

42. abc says:

Wow this is incredibly accurate. Reading this made me have a dark, burning and power-hungry sort of feeling haha. I am currently realising how important power is to me and as a female i am learning about the power of sex. I find it so amazing that us women have to power to distract a man from anything, a power to make a man hungry and make him become a predator, a power to control a mans thoughts and desires, a power to make a man want us and do crazy things… I have my sun in 8th house conjunct pluto in 8th house. I feel like a scorpio most of the time and i guess reading this was very relatable for me…

Sex power – use your powers for good not evil!