Mars/Midheaven Aspects

The Pugilist by Tracy Taylor

“The Pugilist”, by Tracy Taylor

Becoming known for your physique. Having physical aspirations. Athletic goals. Fitspo. Thinspo. Ready for a challenge. Ready to fight for your position. Not wanting to share the spotlight. Wanting to be in charge. Wanting a career in which you can be number one. Not wanting to work with others. Not a team player. Feeling motivated in a highly competitive professional environment. Top models. Cat fights. The aspiration to have no equal. Stomping over the competition. Doing everything in your power not to be career “roadkill.” Going out in the world to prove something. Choosing a career in which physical assets matter. Picking a physically demanding career – not necessarily sports’-related. Preoccupation with how the public perceives your body.

Conquering your chosen field. Self-centered role models. Doing better at your job when you have worthy competition. Your only as good as your last success. Entrepeneurs. Starting your own business. Hating to be micromanaged. Being your own boss. Independent contractors. A brutal competitor. Not playing nice when it comes to your ambitions. Not playing nice when it comes to your reputation. Putting your career ahead of family. Selfish about professional goals. Career warriors. Fights with authority figures. Irritable, hot-headed bosses. Having a reputation for being tough. Appealing muscularity. Obvious muscularity – not necessarily in a good way. Being in a competitive industry. Wanting to work independently. Wanting to be recognized for individual efforts. Wanting to be known for being yourself. A career that involves certain amount of fighting. Fearless achievers.

Courageous parents. Brutal parents. Parents that argue. Parents that fight. Fighting with your parents. Domestic abuse. An aggressive mother. A mother who put her career first. A mother who prods you to further your career. A mother who wants you to be ambitious. Fighting with mom. Mom encouraged you to take up sports. Mom got you into acting or modeling. Mom encouraged you to pursue a profession from an early age. Mom encouraged you to be independent. Mom encouraged you to stand up for yourself. A reputation for being single. A reputation for being a bit of a brat. Women who wear the britches. Macho mother. Amazon women. Mom might have been a selfish and self-centered. Mom might not have been nurturing. Mom might regret having kids. Your mother might have wanted to be free of parental duties. Mama tried to steer your career for her benefit.

Needing to be seen as strong, assertive, forceful. Needing to be seen as a force to be reckoned with. A strong, independent mother. Having grown up in a single mother household. Mom made all the money. Mom wore the pants. Mom was the authority parent with power. Refusing to take a subservient role. Fighting to be recognized. Fighting to the top. Mom runs your life. Being known for your initiative and autonomy. Expecting authority figures to be pushy. Having had a pushy mother. Being pushy in your public life. Fighting for status. Fighting for awards. Having a great sense of direction. Acting like an arrogant asshole in public. Eating disorders. Sex appeal.

Planets in aspect to the MC, or Midheaven, are also always in aspect to the IC. Posts are split up between MC and IC to show the different point of view that each of the angles brings to the natal chart. To learn about the flipside of Mars/Midheaven, read Mars/IC Aspects.
People with Mars/Midheaven aspects:

• Kelly Ripa: Mars in Virgo square Midheaven in Gemini
  • Iggy Pop: Mars in Aries conjunct Midheaven in Aries
  • LeAnn Rimes: Mars in Scorpio conjunct Midheaven in Scorpio
  • Robert De Niro: Mars in Taurus sextile Midheaven in Pisces
  • Jesse Ventura: Mars in Cancer trine Midheaven in Pisces

Tags: , , , , , , ,

45 Responses to “Mars/Midheaven Aspects”

1. Sidelong says:

Oh, I’m so glad you’re still posting articles, Michelle. I happen to have Mars (Retro) in Taurus (9th) semi-sextile MC in Gemini. Mars also sextiles Saturn (Retro) in Cancer (10th). I can safely say that at the age of 39, I really don’t like working with others. I’m an aspiring writer, working on my first novel, and would love to make a career out of it. I love being at home and hope to someday make my living here. I guess I’m just not a “team player.” Because being one usually means not being yourself. Give %110 because the customer’s always right. It means being a robot. Maybe that’s my Aquarius 6th house cusp talking. I look forward to your interpretation of Venus/MC aspects. Thanks!

Good luck with your writing aspirations, Sidelong – and thanks for keeping the faith in AstroFix! Where is your Mercury?

• Sidelong says:

Thank you. My Mercury is in Scorpio in the 3rd, and I have Pluto in the second. I’m hoping my writing will be prosperous in many levels.

We have some similarities in our charts: I also have Taurus 9th, Gemini MC, Saturn in Cancer (11th), Scorpio 3rd, and Pluto in the 2nd. (I have Mercury in the 8th which shares some traits with Mercury in Scorpio).

• Sidelong says:

No kidding! When I use the Whole House system Saturn falls in the eleventh conjuncting my moon.

Sometimes I communicate in an intense manner–am told to calm down. I don’t even know it’s happening.

In Koch/Placidus I have Saturn conjunct Moon (in Leo). In whole signs my Moon is in the 12th.

Your Mercury is likely noticeably intense being in Scorpio. Nobody really tells me to calm down in communications!

• Sidelong says:

Moon in 12th: to me, that’s intense! Do you ever write any fiction?

As a teenager I wrote fictional short stories but now I don’t have the patience. I make an effort to follow my North Node (which is in Scorpio in the 3rd house conjunct Uranus) and which seems to point more toward writing which is experimental/occult, requires research, etc…

Adding … that doesn’t rule out fiction! Maybe in the future :)

• Sidelong says:

Well, you’ve found your niche! If you wrote a book on the occult, I would buy it. You’re very intuitive.

• Sidelong says:

Where is your Neptune?

Let’s see :)

My Neptune is in Sagittarius in the 4th house conjunct the IC

2. Yvette says:

I was so waiting for you to do this post! :) I have mars in cancer sextile midheaven in taurus very tight in 0 degrees
    I definitely resonate with what you said with “Mom might not have been nurturing. Mom might regret having kids. Your mother might have wanted to be free of parental duties.” My mom wasn’t what I consider the mother of the year or Mother Teresa lol I always felt she didn’t want me or i was a bother to her. We always seem to but heads because we have different view and both headstrong but in the end of the day we still have love for each other in our own way lol.

I think having mars aspecting my midheaven probably explain why I’m probably majoring in criminal justice. My goal is to work under law enforcement and why I also love physical activity like kickboxing and motorcycles but i think that have to do with me having mars sq jupiter really tight in my chart 0′ degrees.

Hi Yvette,

Thank you for having patience! I know it’s been a long wait.

So, is your Mars in Cancer in the 11th house or 12th house? Interesting about your goal of working in law enforcement too – do you have a Mars/Saturn aspect? Where is Venus (ruler of your Midheaven)? Don’t feel like you have to answer any of these questions – I’m just curious :)

• Yvette says:

Is okay i forgot to mention the placement. I have Mars in the 11th house and and Venus in Pisces in the 7th house. I do have a Mars/ Saturn aspect but is a minor one a quincunx so i dont know if that helps. The area I was thinking of working under law enforcement was probably security management or forensic accounting not sure keeping my option open though.

Interesting … the Mars/Saturn quincunx does count. I don’t really consider it to be a “minor” aspect in terms of how much effect it has. Venus in Pisces in the 7th is a sweet placement – I wonder where it will take you in terms of career since it is the ruler of your 10th house.

3. Bob says:

fascinating. i hadn’t even considered this aspect of my chart until i saw the title in the email. doh. mars 22 scorpio trine midheaven @ 19 pisces. (mars is also sextiled by saturn 24 cap.)

much of the careerism rings true. as i would view myself more as “independent contractor,” there isn’t any real competition to be brutal toward, but nobody or anything would get in the way – has gotten in the way – of my attempt to accomplish what am trying to accomplish, which does have a lot to do with being my own boss.

the notes on the not-quite-ready-for-prime time mother(hood) landed on the bullseye, too.

i noted the jesse ventura trine. i reckon i do shape up pretty well when i get to the gym and can pass for “fit” even when i’m not.

thanks, michelle. i wonder when/if i’d've ever gotten around to noticing this aspect in my chart.

Hi Bob!

It’s been a while :) I like the photos on your site – nice manifestation of Sun conjunct Neputne in the 5th with Neptune being ruler of the Midheaven.

Self-directed in pursuit of career goals is a less intense possibility for Mars/Midheaven too.

Hey Michelle! It was nice to see your new post in my inbox.:)

My 9th house Mars in Gemini is conjunct my MC, and my careers have always involved using my hands in some way, so I guess that would be the physical connection. Originally, I wanted to be a dancer and even received a bit of attention (in my small world) for my creative style – maybe next life I’ll make it all the way! For many years, my flying fingers opened doors for me career-wise (fast typist), and now I use my hands as an alternative healer; someone recently told me I had “magic hands”. When I was a kid, the modeling agency my *mom* signed me up with sent me on a few auditions as a hand-model. My mom was independent and very feisty. We fought a lot.

In terms of my relationship with authority figures, I’ve been known to challenge a few (Mars square Pluto in the 12th). A lot of the time, I’d rather *not* challenge authority (retrograde Mars), only it often reaches a critical point where I have to. These last few years as I’ve gotten more involved with larger social issues, I make polite calls and sent polite emails to political leaders (and friends/co-workers) asking for support for various causes. My Mars forms helpful aspects to my Libra Sun and Aquarius Moon so actually I *am* a team player, although I’m at my best when I’m being proactive and allowed input.

Another good one, Michelle. Thanks!

“When I was a kid, the modeling agency my *mom* signed me up with sent me on a few auditions as a hand-model.”

Fascinating connection with Mars in Gemini conjunct MC! Btw, Hugh Grant also has Mars in Gemini conjunct MC in Gemini: http://www.astrotheme.com/astrology/Hugh_Grant

I think Aquarius Moon would have to have a lot of negative stuff going on not to be a team player!

So it’s my Aquarius Moon, eh? Unfortunately, I think most people blow off my team-efforts when it comes to advocating and instead focus on my ‘other-worldly’ communications and spiritual gifts – that’s what I’m most known for these days. Every now and then, other doors will open once I have someone’s attention and they become more interested. It’s hard to think big when we’re our worlds feel so small – I get it.:)

5. happycappy says:

Glad you are back Michelle, your site rules !
    I have Mars conjuct Midheaven in Libra, which I feel is quite contradictive ,on one side many of the above descriptions apply but on the other hand I also want to work together with people. Could you shine your ligh)t on this position?
    all the best and please keep posting :-)

Hi happycappy,

Where is Venus? Any Venus/Mars or Neptune/Mars aspect?

• happycappy says:

Hi Michelle,
        Venus is intercepted in the second house in aquarius and is sextile asc. /trine midheaven. No venus mars/neptune aspects though.
        I have moon (in ) aquarius trine mars (libra) and mars semisextile pluto(virgo). thanks for the reply!

Venus in Aquarius as dispositor of both Mars and the Midheaven (with both in Libra) would tend to show someone who is more of a “people person.” Moon in Aquarius emphasizes it too.

• happycappy says:

quite right there Michelle, thanks for the reply!
            peace

6. Sidelong says:

Too much, Michelle. I also have Neptune in Sag. conjunct the nadir. Neptune is also conjunct Venus.

No Neptune/Venus conjunction here! ; )

7. aziz says:

It’s been a while I am happy to see astrofix make a comeback a great site. I also have

Aries in 10th house with mars in 4th house house libra conjunct north node
    Neptune/Uranus square mars
    Semi sextile pluto mars
    Semi square sun conjunct venus

Thanks, aziz :)

That’s quite a Martian MC/IC axis – any insights you can share?

8. aziz says:

Hope to see more of ur article XOXO

You will – I’m getting back in the swing of things ;)

9. EG says:

This is so spot on. Man, I love your style. Missed the clarity your interpretations give.
    I have loose MC/Mars opposition. Everything you wrote fits, but the thing that struck me as painfully true is – “Expecting authority figures to be pushy.”

Thank, EG.

I’m happy readers like you are sticking around after my hiatus.

Best wishes,
      Michelle

10. Chris says:

Ugh! What do you mean “reputation for being single” ?? I don’t wanna see that! Mars in Taurus Square Midheaven in Aquarius here.

Have you been single a long time, Chris?

• Chris says:

Not one girlfriend yet. But I should probably mention that I have a t-square with Mars-Pluto opp both squaring Venus being at the apex. I’m sure that has a lot to do with it.

Not sure about that … I have a t-square with Venus opposite Pluto and Mars at the apex :)

11. Kleo says:

wow, really nice. I love this blog. I also have Mars aspecting MC, a square to be exact. and it’s true… I’m not really a team player, I like doing things by my own and I feel better when I’m only me on that position. I also have 4 planets on my ascendant in Capricorn and I think that also makes me more individual than a group oriented person. If only I could find my calling in life… but I assume it’s going to be something centered on me… I think

12. alicia says:

I’m amazed by all that post! Like of everything is there I have a 95%!
    I have Mars in my 10th house and in fact I have experienced mostly everything.
    Parents fight, single mother, i’m a dancer, i do a lot of exercise, eating disorders, i’m known for being single, prefer working alone….
    Really interesting.

13. rashee says:

Can you shed some light on Mars/Venus conjunct MC Trining Pluto-Moon conjunct in synastry – much appreciated. Thank you!

14. Lahni says:

My 9yr old Aries daughter has Gemini Mars conjunct Taurus Venus in the 10th house Taurus.. I am a Taurus. This fits her way too much, quite a bit of it. Even the part about me fits alot. Her mars is in a tsquare with Jup/Ura but trined by Neptune so that mars is very activated.. She has had her own business and knows what she wants to do – comic business, she is very artistic since an early age. I call her the power suit, could see her easily be a CEO since she is not a team player and will walk over anyone in her way, determined – yes. She likes to dress very nice and sometimes in business women like attire, its either her way or nope its always her way.. lol I cant see her being able to work with others or having a boss, she will have to be her own boss.

15. gg says:

My son has Taurus Mars 12th house Square Capricorn MC.
    I Love, Love, Love being a Mom. I have a packed 5th house. Mars (Scorpio), Jupiter(Libra), Neptune (Scorpio), NN.(Scorpio)
    My son is a Ice Hockey player. I put him on the ice at 2 years old. He’s 15 years old and has been playing Hockey for almost 11 years.
    I had him in Baby pageants and he has been professionally modeling (print ad’s, magazines) and doing commercials ( screen actor’s guild) since age 4.
    I am a hand’s on parent that encourages my son to be independent and to stand up for himself.

This latest Eclipse has changed my whole perspective on my life and chart, including my Mars-Midheaven aspect. Like I mentioned in my previous comment, Mars is loosely conjunct, coming from the 9th.

Since Mars rules my South Node in the 8th, it could mean in this lifetime I become aware of (through detailed information received during sleep) my past-life work and artistic achievements, which only came to light *after* my death. And in this lifetime, I’m even able to read about my former self . . . retrograde Mars in Gemini square Pluto in Virgo in the 12th.

If it’s true, it’s mind-boggling.

1. Mars/IC Aspects | Mars opposite Midheaven | Mars 4th HouseAstroFix -