What is Synastry?
Someone's Venus falls in your 1st house
hen someone’s Venus falls in your 1st house, that person probably finds you physically attractive. You are probably this person’s “type.” This is especially true if that person’s Venus is conjunct your ascendant (the more tightly conjunct, the stronger the attraction). The Venus person will like the way you conduct yourself, your behavior, your mannerisms, the way you dress and the way you look. This person will be attracted to the image you present and the way that you package yourself to the world.
This overlay can also indicate an artistic relationship, one in which you have a shared response to art, music and culture. You could be the Venus person’s muse or model. Your appearance might inspire a song, poem, painting, or photograph. The Venus person could feel creatively inspired by your physical presence no matter what your appearance is.
The Venus person brings a harmonizing, pleasant, pleasure-seeking energy to your first house. The Venus person will encourage you to develop grace, charm, and tact. This person will make you feel attractive and encourage you to fit into their version of what it means to be attractive. It’s not a subtle or underhanded coercion as it might be with Venus in the 12th house. It can be as simple as the Venus person exclaiming, “Wow, you look beautiful!” Feeling flattered and genuinely appreciated for the way you look, you decide to do more of the same. The Venus person will inspire you to cultivate more of your first house personality traits.
Although you feel flattered and charmed by the Venus person’s attention, you may wonder if the Venus person likes you only for your looks and if there is anything deeper. You may also feel that the Venus person likes you because you make them look good. This is an overlay that could indicate “trophy spouse.”
The positive is that the Venus person will make you feel good about the way you look and the way you conduct your life. You feel that they are appreciate your presence in their life. You feel flattered by their attention and they don’t take you for granted.
Your Venus falls in someone's 1st house
hen your Venus falls in someone’s 1st house, you may find the 1st house person irresistible. The first house person embodies what you find attractive, especially if your Venus is conjunct their ascendant. There could be an almost literal translation where you see the 1st house person as a living Venus.
You bring Venus energy and Venus expectations to the other person’s first house. You expect the first house person to be attractive in appearance, and charming, pleasing and cooperative in their behavior and attitude. You will find it hard to accept brashness and rudeness from the first house person and may be turned off if the 1st house person displays those traits. If the sign on that person’s 1st house is in conflict with their Sun sign, their looks and surface behavior might be drastically different from the person they are inside, and you may not like who they are on the inside.
You will encourage any artistic inclinations that the 1st house person has. In turn, you will feel artistically inspired by the 1st house person’s presence. Depending on which sign your Venus is in, you will encourage the traits of that sign in the other person. You might be tempted to encourage good behavior, the kind of behavior that you like (shown by your Venus sign), by rewarding that behavior with gifts and flattery.
Venus and the 1st house are both superficial so you might be overly in love with the 1st house person’s appearance. Because this can be an appearance-based attraction, though potent, there needs to be more than physical attraction to hold the relationship together. The tendency for an appearance-based relationship can be true even in friendships. Friends may band together because one likes the other’s taste in clothing, style, music and art eventually to discover that they have nothing deeper to share with one another.
The positive is that you can you make the 1st house person feel good about themselves. You appreciate their immediate qualities and you’re unlikely to be harsh or critical about how they conduct themselves. You appreciate their presence in your life.
The negative is that you might overly focus on how the first person looks and dresses as if they were an actor in your life instead of a real person. You might not have enough interest in getting to know them at a deeper level, which can make the first house person feel that their relationship with you is somewhat superficial.
1st House Venus Synastry Relationships
If you have Venus in the 1st house synastry with a lover, romantic interest, or partner, bask in the glow of your partner’s adoration, but don’t lose yourself in the pursuit of compliments. We all want to be adored and admired, but with this position, there’s a trap in becoming overly enamored with a superficial part of yourself. The first house person loves to be seen with you, because they also like how people look at you two when you are together. Love is about turning heads.
If you have Venus 1st house synastry with a family member, the 1st house person finds your presence to be pleasant. They like having your around, but maybe only if you behave agreeably, and dress the way they think you should dress. If your tastes matchup, this can be a very pleasant relationship. You get a self-esteem boost in the 1st house person’s presence. The first house person could encourage you in the creative arts, further your modeling career, show you how to apply your makeup, or generally make you feel good about yourself. With negative aspects, this family could cause the most damage to your physical self-esteem by putting you down for your appearance and general personality. They might never take the time to get know you beyond what they see at the surface.
If you have Venus in the 1st house synastry with a friend, you have a way of going after what you want together with charm and diplomacy. People think you’re nice, attractive, and pleasant to be around. There can be some jealousy issues here. Is one friend a lot more attractive than the other? Is someone the “dumpy” one? This can be a friendship where the two of you together get a lot of attention for the presence you exude when you walk in the room. All eyes on who? There could be a bit of a competition for “Who wore it best?”
If you have Venus in the 1st house synastry with a coworker or boss, the focus is on making a good impression on clients and prospects. Being on good behavior is a must. Dressing nicely is a must. Having pleasant mannerisms is a must. The first house person might find the Venus person a little too attractive, which could create an uncomfortable work environment. This could be a relationship where you work on creative projects together or are involved in the arts. When the first house person looks at the Venus person, maybe they see dollar signs.
- Androphonos, "man-slayer"
- Aphrodite in Greek, (Venus is her Roman counterpart)
- Aphrodite Urania (Eldest of the Three Fates)
- Epitymbria, "of the tombs"
- Goddess of Death-in-Life
- Goddess of Love
- Melaenis, "black one"
- Scotia, "dark one"
- The Fates assigned only one divine duty to Venus...to make love
- When Venus tried weaving, Athene, Goddess of Wisdom got so upset that Venus was infringing on her territory, that Venus apologized and never did a day's work after that
- Through a complicated chain of events, Venus and Persephone, Queen of the Underworld were in a fight over the affections of the handsome mortal man, Adonis
- She (at least once) renewed her virginity in the sea
- When Venus and Persephone fought over Adonis, it was Calliope, Muse of Eloquence, who handed down the judgment that the two Goddesses had equal claim to him. It was arranged that Adonis would spend 1/3 year with Venus, 1/3 with Persephone, and 1/3 by himself
- Mars (Ares), God of War was so envious of Venus's relationship with Adonis that he transformed into a boar and gored Adonis to death in front of her
- Hephaestus, her husband, laid a trap and caught Venus and Mars with a net, while they were in bed together
- Hephaestus tried to get all of the other Gods involved in his marriage problems, which Zeus (Jupiter), King of the Gods, thought was repugnant
- Magic Girdle: the magic girdle made everyone fall in love with whoever was wearing it
- Venus would not lend the Magic Girdle to any of the other goddesses
- Daughter of Zeus (Jupiter), King of the Gods
- Lover to Mars (Ares), God of War
- Mother of Eros (her son with either Mars, Mercury, or Jupiter -her father - depending on the source)
- Mother of Phobus, Deimus, and Harmonia (with Mars)
- Mother of Priapus (with Dionysus)
- Mother of many other children, including Hermaphroditus
- Object of both Mercury (Hermes) and Neptune's (Poseidon) affections (they were in love with her)
- Rival of Persephone, Queen of the Underworld for the affections of the handsome mortal, Adonis
- Sister of the Erinnyes, aka The Furies
- Wife of Vulcan (Hephaestus), whom she cheated on with Mars
- Arts Appreciation
- Beauty & Good Looks
- Charm & Romance
- Love & Flirting
- Relationship Commitment
- Style & Aesthetic
- Values & Self-Worth
- Wealth & Assets
- Your Taste in...Whatever (Al Gusto)
- Art reviewer
- Beautiful person
- Eye candy
- Fashion designer
- Graphic designer
- Interior designer
- Style icon
- Blows to your self-esteem (with Chiron, The Wounded Healer)
- Discovering you have a rival for the affections of someone you're interested in (with Persephone)
- Temptation (with Mars)
- Upsets to your relationship (with Uranus)
- Upgrades to your beauty routine (with Jupiter)
- Appearance, Demeanor, & Mannerisms
- Force of Personality
- Your Affect On Others
- What's Right in Front of Your Face
- How You Take Initiative
- How You Show Up & the Circumstances of Your Birth
- First Impressions
- First Focus & Immediate Pressure
- Yourself, leading the charge
- People who are right up in your face
- People begging for your attention
- Immediate environment
- Right in front of your face
- Putting yourself out there
- Taking the first step on a new path