What is Synastry?
Someone's Venus falls in your 2nd house
hen someone’s Venus falls in your 2nd house, there’s an emphasis on the material side of life. Do you appreciate the same art? Are you foodies who splurge on expensive ingredients together? Do you like shopping at the same places? The Venus person awakens a heightened sense of appreciation for those things you can touch, feel, and taste with your senses.
Your Venus falls in someone's 2nd house
hen your Venus falls in someone’s 2nd house, you wonder if they will be able to provide the things you want to have. Does this person like the same things you do? Do they appreciate the same aesthetics that make your heart flutter? Is the second house person motivated to live the good side of life, or are they lazy and self-indulgent?
2nd House Venus Synastry Relationships
If you have Venus in the 2nd house synastry with a lover, romantic interest, or partner, watch your pocketbook, flirting can get expensive! Yes, they’re cute, but how much do you need to pay for love? When do the fancy dinners end? Your lover’s need for the basics could be lavish. They don’t want to eat, they want fine dining. They don’t want clothes, they want Gucci. The Venus person craves the financial comfort you can provide. You become somewhat of a provider in this relationship, whether it’s a love relationship or not. The Venus person’s sense of the basics is lavish.
If you have Venus 2nd house synastry with family, sharing is caring. You could find yourself in a position time and again when you need to help provide the basics for family members. You might help your aunt with her bills, give your sister a place a stay sometimes, help your mom manage her online banking account, etc… Perhaps you passed your clothes onto your younger siblings, nieces, or nephews. Maybe you gave your childhood collectibles to your son or daughter. The theme is sharing what you have with your family. If you have negative aspects to Venus or the 2nd house, maybe there’s fighting over money within the family, and perhaps there’s a pattern of being miserly or hoarding. If this relationship is with your child, be careful not to spoil them.
If you have Venus in the 2nd house synastry with a friend, your mutual interests turn to the things you have that you both like. Shopping buddies. Foodie friends. A shared love of talking about banking and cryptocurrencies. A mutual appreciation of a similar aesthetic in collectibles.
If you have Venus in the 2nd house synastry with a coworker or boss, the focus is on making money. How can we both easily fill our pockets with cash? This could be an accounting relationship or a banking relationship. This could be a business supplier relationship. The question is, “Can you get me what I need for my business?” Meeting demand becomes a thing. Do we have enough of XX to do what we need to do?
- Androphonos, "man-slayer"
- Aphrodite in Greek, (Venus is her Roman counterpart)
- Aphrodite Urania (Eldest of the Three Fates)
- Epitymbria, "of the tombs"
- Goddess of Death-in-Life
- Goddess of Love
- Melaenis, "black one"
- Scotia, "dark one"
- The Fates assigned only one divine duty to Venus...to make love
- When Venus tried weaving, Athene, Goddess of Wisdom got so upset that Venus was infringing on her territory, that Venus apologized and never did a day's work after that
- Through a complicated chain of events, Venus and Persephone, Queen of the Underworld were in a fight over the affections of the handsome mortal man, Adonis
- She (at least once) renewed her virginity in the sea
- When Venus and Persephone fought over Adonis, it was Calliope, Muse of Eloquence, who handed down the judgment that the two Goddesses had equal claim to him. It was arranged that Adonis would spend 1/3 year with Venus, 1/3 with Persephone, and 1/3 by himself
- Mars (Ares), God of War was so envious of Venus's relationship with Adonis that he transformed into a boar and gored Adonis to death in front of her
- Hephaestus, her husband, laid a trap and caught Venus and Mars with a net, while they were in bed together
- Hephaestus tried to get all of the other Gods involved in his marriage problems, which Zeus (Jupiter), King of the Gods, thought was repugnant
- Magic Girdle: the magic girdle made everyone fall in love with whoever was wearing it
- Venus would not lend the Magic Girdle to any of the other goddesses
- Daughter of Zeus (Jupiter), King of the Gods
- Lover to Mars (Ares), God of War
- Mother of Eros (her son with either Mars, Mercury, or Jupiter -her father - depending on the source)
- Mother of Phobus, Deimus, and Harmonia (with Mars)
- Mother of Priapus (with Dionysus)
- Mother of many other children, including Hermaphroditus
- Object of both Mercury (Hermes) and Neptune's (Poseidon) affections (they were in love with her)
- Rival of Persephone, Queen of the Underworld for the affections of the handsome mortal, Adonis
- Sister of the Erinnyes, aka The Furies
- Wife of Vulcan (Hephaestus), whom she cheated on with Mars
- Arts Appreciation
- Beauty & Good Looks
- Charm & Romance
- Love & Flirting
- Relationship Commitment
- Style & Aesthetic
- Values & Self-Worth
- Wealth & Assets
- Your Taste in...Whatever (Al Gusto)
- Art reviewer
- Beautiful person
- Eye candy
- Fashion designer
- Graphic designer
- Interior designer
- Style icon
- Blows to your self-esteem (with Chiron, The Wounded Healer)
- Discovering you have a rival for the affections of someone you're interested in (with Persephone)
- Temptation (with Mars)
- Upsets to your relationship (with Uranus)
- Upgrades to your beauty routine (with Jupiter)
- Values & Priorities
- Assets & What You Have to Give
- Talents & Skills People Are Willing to Pay For
- Bank Balance & Sources of Income
- Earning Power & Spending Habits
- Self-Esteem & Getting Paid What You're Worth
- Self-Sustainability & Feeding Yourself
- Survival Skills
- Grounding & The Extent to Which You Inhabit Your Body
- Rich people
- Physical trainers
- Wall Street
- Buying financial software
- Trading / swapping